Byzantium by Tesori d'Oriente
Byzantium is a popular perfume by Tesori d'Oriente for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by Sodalis Group / Conter.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamonCinnamon AlmondAlmond MimosaMimosa
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack roseBlack rose HeliotropeHeliotrope HoneyHoney
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla White muskWhite musk OudOud Peru balsamPeru balsam Cocoa beanCocoa bean LabdanumLabdanum

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.04.2022.

Roberto's almond granita
Roberto, the boss in the test kitchen of the Café Sicilia from Noto, took little Corrado by the hand, he learned and played with him in the kitchen.
For him it was like his playroom, and everywhere the delicious sweets.

Years later, when he had to take over his aunt's café to prevent it from being sold, because selling the café would mean he could never go back to his playroom, the room where he spent so many hours with Roberto, Corrado came back to the café.

No inen sale, Corrado couldn't let that happen.
Fortunately, Roberto was still at Café Sicilia, so he wasn't facing the daunting task all alone.
Well, almond granita is so typical of Sicily.
Gladly also with fresh brioche
Corrado took the little known Romana almond for his granita and is firmly convinced that you can taste this.
Corrado scurries with a tremendous passion through his café, through Noto, yes through life.
A passion that reminded me when testing Byzantium, when perceiving the almond immediately to Robertos almond granita.
Byzantium starts sweet, almondy, but not oppressively cheap.
The association with marzipan is very clear.
A few spices from the test kitchen are also recognizable a short time later.
The spices and the somewhat woody make Byzantium slightly oriental and prevent this fragrance is only sweet.
I'm not sure yet if I just like smelling Byzantium or if I also like wearing it.
Despite the cheap price, the fragrance is endowed with depth and passion, these factors that are often absent even from high-priced specimens.
For me personally, a little less almond, a little more spice would be more portable.
But so he finds certainly also very many lovers, just also because of the spectacular price-performance ratio .
Franzibm
Unbeatable price-performance ratio !
What's the best way to start this review?
I have already read in advance in the forum a lot about the fragrance. From vomit irritation, to Oma fragrance to the absolute favorite fragrance. So my curiosity was piqued more and more. Long I shied away, because I thought he would be priceless in no blind buy worth.
When the thought of him, however, came up more often, so I looked on the Internet. 6€ ???? How I wish I could have seen my face at that moment. No sooner said than done, so off to the shopping cart. A few days later, the good piece was there.
The first impression was a little disappointing. The bottle reminded me of a deodorant bottle from the drugstore. My expectations were somehow completely gone. Well, what did I expect at this price also? I tried to look at it positively as it makes it very sturdy for handbag or travel. Fear you need with this sweetheart so have absolutely none.
The first spray blew me away. I was really very positively surprised! He was right there. Seeeeehr present! This fragrance just fills rooms- madness. For me a great cinnamon, almond and vanilla scent that always envelops me. So comfortingly warm. Intense. Hach, I love him! The durability has also been very surprising for me, because it really lasts all day. Of course the intense wears off, after that it's definitely still very noticeable but a little softer and more comforting. On the clothes he keeps even for days.
About the price-performance ratio I think I need to say nothing. Unbeatable.
Whether I would recommend this fragrance as a blind buy? Wrong you can do at this price in any case nothing, yet I would say he is not "Everybody's Darling." Already rather special. Nevertheless, a great Cheapie, which has earned more recognition for this performance!
Cosy, cuddly
The scent was a "nice" blind purchase....pudrig...vanillig...Marzipan... i find it totally cozy and cuddly...for the price absolutely great! When I had it new, I would have to sniff my wrist all day???
0.5
The Fall of Constantinople
I bought this fragrance blind based on the review, especially with attention to "value for money". Have only regretted 2 blind purchases so far, as I actually only blind order crowd pleasers with preferred notes. So what could possibly go wrong? No sooner said than done, Byzantium ordered.

What immediately catches my eye upon arrival is the rather low quality of the bottle, which is however more than understandable at this price. It is, after all, about the content. So much is said, however: The bottle stands out visually even from a larger collection.

To the fragrance:
The perfume makes no prisoners in terms of sillage and conquers an entire room in flight. The sillage is really more than fierce. Unfortunately. I must confess namely, the fragrance has immediately triggered nausea in me. The top note smells like an extremely synthetic mixture of baby powder, almonds and subliminally a little marzipan as far as I can tell.
If Byzantium had used this perfume against the Ottomans in the 15th century, Constantinople would never have fallen! Small joke on the edge, but basically it is so.
In the drydown then emerges a little honey and vanilla, the powdery decreases somewhat. Instead, a headache is another "side effect". Possibly I have overlooked here some notes (or probably not smelled), but of this chemical hammer I do not allow myself a second attempt. Sometimes you have to grow into a perfume a little, I know. But I'm really not clear who wants to smell like this fragrance, so such penetrating and nasty I find him.

So for my, admittedly still quite untrained, nose this perfume does not smell like Byzantium, the city of commerce, but rather after a good portion of cheap baby powder with almond addition. I really can't get anything out of this perfume and really can't understand the mostly positive reviews. At the unbeatable price no great loss, but a prime example of the fact that price-performance must not necessarily be everything!
Baby powder+vanilla+marzipan+almond= feel-good scent
When first spraying comes directly this pleasant, neat baby powder note in the nose. After 30 seconds, then joins marzipan / almond, vanilla and also a rather discreet, but powdery cocoa note. And that's how the whole scent stays for me. Very linear. Pleasant and somehow also maintained, as freshly creamed, but somehow also to bite, but with powder in the mouth. :D As overly intrusive, sticky or too sweet I do not feel him, however. The durability is quite good, but also not outstanding. The sillage also, yet he is then but too quickly close to the skin. I find the fragrance both suitable for winter, like a warm woolen cuddly scarf, as well as suitable for spring, because it smells so innocent for me and I associate it with buds and the color "white", which stand for purity, innocence and somehow also the beginning of everything. Unfortunately it doesn't fit to my Death Metal shirts because of that. :(( I like to wear it at work or before going to bed
Sweet, almond and cinnamon
The fragrance starts very intense with cinnamon and almond and on my skin and clothes remain mainly these two components present. The rose I smell unfortunately not only honey comes again and again easily to it. Rather a very spicy honey. The fragrance is in my opinion rather only for cold / very cold days (Christmas market?), because it is very intense and also rather very sweet / spicy.
Almond~Cherry~Marzipan - Crème brûlée~Bodybutter
At first you can perceive a very strong and intensely sweet spicy note, which suggests something warming from within and is due to the Ceylon cinnamon.

At the same time, the cinnamon is wrapped in a light, sweet, slightly powdery, creamy almond note and provides the Jean-Baptiste Grenouille phenomenon ála Crème brûlée body butter!

"I've never felt such a strong need to pour perfume on my head, but at Byzantium, that would be great and fascinating!" :-)

A little later, the fragrance is enveloped in very creeping moves with the cinnamon and almond by a very dominant, slightly cherryy and subtly sweet marzipan note, which is enveloped by light, subtle nuances of blossom honey, which will make every*m gourmandy's heart beat faster and comes from the heliotrope and honey.

The heliotrope is accompanied by a fine deep sweet floral note, which I perceive as "floral", but I couldn't say exactly which floral note is in the composition, because it is really wonderfully interwoven and in my opinion, the 'black rose' ensures that the fragrance doesn't drift into the dull sweetness, but always has a pleasantly "billowing" profile.

And then you notice quite unconsciously that the fragrance appears to have been dipped into very fine powdery, sweet and balsamic Ladanum, that the light, creamy nuances of Bourbon vanilla are caressed by delicate, velvety nuances of Peruvian balsam and white musk, reminiscent of milk chocolate cake, and lead to a very beautiful, cuddly and caressing finish

Mimosa, 'black rose', oud and cocoa bean I unfortunately could not perceive and complement the fragrance picture.

In total the fragrance lasts 8.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed to be very clearly perceptible 2.5 meters in the 2 hours and 2 hours to a very clearly perceptible whole arm length before it is reduced in viscous steps until the fragrance is released.
Christmas feeling at Easter
I have many fond memories of both holidays. Of course, one perceives things differently with time, circumstances change...especially this year. But you can still make the best of it.

Well, actually I'm much too old for egg hunts anyway, but of course I was very happy when I got a few things anyway. Among other things this scent. I've had it on my screen for a while now, because it's very well rated here.

When I sprayed it on for the first time, my sister immediately said that this perfume just smelled like Christmas. That's partly true. It should be noted that it doesn't have a single fresh, fruity or floral note to make up for the sweetness. To put it more precisely: I perceive primarily almond, heliotrope and cocoa butter. I don't necessarily smell black rose, which is even written on the 'bottle'. The perfume is incredibly soft and powdery. I'm thinking of Turkish honey myself. There's no great scent, but it doesn't have an alcohol note at the beginning, which wouldn't be strange at this price.

The durability is okay. About 5 hours I feel the scent on my skin. In my opinion 2 sprays are enough, then this perfume works best. For me it is a cuddly scent for quiet evenings, best with a cocoa and my favourite series. To pass as a going out scent, in my opinion a few edges are missing. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just not really suitable for such an occasion. Maybe for a nice date...?

All in all I am more than satisfied with this perfume. Byzantium manages to combine very strong, gourmand notes in such a way that they are beautifully presented, but still remain rather reserved and gentle. This really makes the fragrance stand out. Maybe it would be better known if the packaging wasn't so incredibly ugly, or at least it just doesn't look like a bottle. If I hadn't found Byzantium here, I would simply have thought that this was a deodorant and not looked at it at all. But thank God there's an exchange of opinions, because the perfume already deserves recognition for this quality at this award.
Oriental Candyshop
There are scents that immediately trigger stories in my head. From wild to sensual, cheerful to thoughtful and from short to long, everything is there.
Then there are scents, I just "see" the scent. Its notes, its molecules and its character "Byzantium" from "Tesori d'Oriente" is such a fragrance. No matter how hard I think about it, I could shake the one sleeve energetically first, then the other, no story will fall out.
For me, that means writing in a more relaxed way for the time being. Because when the stories go off in my head, I can hardly keep up with writing. Everything is fully automatic and put in a trance until the very end. Then... phew... what was that...?!
With this gem here, I can write down my scent impressions in a focused and relaxed way at the same time
After the first spray, you are greeted by a marzipan, somehow cinnamon-caramel cloud, which is so warm and dense that at first you cannot perceive anything else. The mimosa likes to dance along, holds itself back for my perception and fortunately so that neither my stomach nor my head sounds an alarm. Almost at the same time it becomes slightly rosier but more vanilla. A mixture that becomes even denser and takes over everything nearby. For me it's an absolute oh-experience with joy-shock, because the individual notes and finally combined, although very opulent, result in a wonderfully delicious and gourmand fragrance story. Now the fragrance becomes darker, more mystical and in the course of time still very balsamic and creamy. A kind of fragrance I can imagine that it can be (too) exhausting for some people. You have to be able to tolerate a certain sweetness, which is not sugar-watt sweet or syrupy sweet, but still goes in that direction. The balsamic notes add a little bittersweet twist that turns the final step to cotton candy or sugar cubes away. Somehow the fragrance also evokes an association with a caramel to medium chocolate sun cream, rather thick and without glittering particles, but which almost feels like a delicious sauce on the skin and increases in intensity with the warmth of the sun. So there really is a clearly perceptible cocoa note, which additionally confirms the brownish colour in my "nose cinema". A wonderful scent, studded with many small scent stones, which all together finally result in a dreamlike delicious scent. A picture with mosaic stones, assorted colours and perfectly laid out, as it can be found on the otherwise modest bottle. A composition that appears both very tasty and "edible", but at the same time is again simply "only" gourmand and fine. Your own skin chemistry will decide whether you become more or less of a biter.

It is undisputed, however, that with "Byzantium" a fragrance has succeeded that is able to sweeten cloudy hours and warm up cold days. Because of the sun cream wrap, I would even trust it to last through the summer, if you are modest. The thing that does not suit the scent and the environment the best is a too high dosage. This is of course true for almost all scented waters, but if one contains so many naturally sweet and sweetened elements, it can be really tedious.

Less is once again more.
If you take this to heart, then you will be rewarded with many, fantastically delicious and happy scent impulses, as if you were in the middle of an oriental candyshop.
LaRoseNoir89
A beautiful oriental fragrance for autumn/winter time
I had gotten to know this fragrance while shopping through the matching shower gel and bath additive and fell in love directly! As we had midsummer at that time, it was immediately clear to me what would be used when it got colder outside! By chance I also learned that there is a perfume to it and yes, long story short, of course I have given the perfume a home in my home!???? I don't usually go for heavy scents. But this... mhhhh... So great!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 months ago
Loveable almond, vanilla and cinnamon scent. Nice performance for a very low price. It is oriental, warm, intense and unisex!
TrippilippiTrippilippi 2 years ago
A nice and warm gourmand perfume, a sort of cheaper version of loukhoum from Keiko
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
It is funny...but here in Italy there's a candy called "Rossana" that smells exactly like this edt! Almond and honey are very noticeable

by Smitty
by Smitty
by Irini
Vielen Dank,ich freue mich sehr :-*  wollte das Bild erst nicht posten :-) aber - ich mag diesen Duft gerne[sanft dosiert]
by Seejungfrau
by Syndical
by Nisie
by Nisie

Popular by Tesori d'Oriente

Muschio Bianco / White Musk by Tesori d'Oriente Fiore del Dragone by Tesori d'Oriente Marrakech Essenze e Spezie - Ambra e Zafferano by Tesori d'Oriente Hammam by Tesori d'Oriente Vaniglia e Zenzero del Madagascar by Tesori d'Oriente Jasmin di Giava by Tesori d'Oriente Japanese Rituals by Tesori d'Oriente Mirra by Tesori d'Oriente Ayurveda by Tesori d'Oriente Tiaré delle Indie by Tesori d'Oriente Orchidea della Cina by Tesori d'Oriente Royal Oud dello Yemen by Tesori d'Oriente Fior di Loto by Tesori d'Oriente Aegyptus by Tesori d'Oriente Frangipani delle Indie by Tesori d'Oriente Ambra Indiana / Indian Amber by Tesori d'Oriente Legno di Guajaco e Pepe Nero by Tesori d'Oriente Papavero del Tibet by Tesori d'Oriente Thalasso Therapy by Tesori d'Oriente Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver by Tesori d'Oriente