Byzantium by Tesori d'Oriente

Byzantium is a popular perfume by Tesori d'Oriente for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by Sodalis Group / Conter.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Almond, Mimosa
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack rose, Heliotrope, Honey
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk, Oud, Peru balsam, Cocoa bean, Labdanum

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.07.2020.

Almond~Cherry~Marzipan - Crème brûlée~Bodybutter
At first you can perceive a very strong and intensely sweet spicy note, which suggests something warming from within and is due to the Ceylon cinnamon.

At the same time, the cinnamon is wrapped in a light, sweet, slightly powdery, creamy almond note and provides the Jean-Baptiste Grenouille phenomenon ála Crème brûlée body butter!

"I've never felt such a strong need to pour perfume on my head, but at Byzantium, that would be great and fascinating!" :-)

A little later, the fragrance is enveloped in very creeping moves with the cinnamon and almond by a very dominant, slightly cherryy and subtly sweet marzipan note, which is enveloped by light, subtle nuances of blossom honey, which will make every*m gourmandy's heart beat faster and comes from the heliotrope and honey.

The heliotrope is accompanied by a fine deep sweet floral note, which I perceive as "floral", but I couldn't say exactly which floral note is in the composition, because it is really wonderfully interwoven and in my opinion, the 'black rose' ensures that the fragrance doesn't drift into the dull sweetness, but always has a pleasantly "billowing" profile.

And then you notice quite unconsciously that the fragrance appears to have been dipped into very fine powdery, sweet and balsamic Ladanum, that the light, creamy nuances of Bourbon vanilla are caressed by delicate, velvety nuances of Peruvian balsam and white musk, reminiscent of milk chocolate cake, and lead to a very beautiful, cuddly and caressing finish

Mimosa, 'black rose', oud and cocoa bean I unfortunately could not perceive and complement the fragrance picture.

In total the fragrance lasts 8.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed to be very clearly perceptible 2.5 meters in the 2 hours and 2 hours to a very clearly perceptible whole arm length before it is reduced in viscous steps until the fragrance is released.
Christmas feeling at Easter
I have many fond memories of both holidays. Of course, one perceives things differently with time, circumstances change...especially this year. But you can still make the best of it.

Well, actually I'm much too old for egg hunts anyway, but of course I was very happy when I got a few things anyway. Among other things this scent. I've had it on my screen for a while now, because it's very well rated here.

When I sprayed it on for the first time, my sister immediately said that this perfume just smelled like Christmas. That's partly true. It should be noted that it doesn't have a single fresh, fruity or floral note to make up for the sweetness. To put it more precisely: I perceive primarily almond, heliotrope and cocoa butter. I don't necessarily smell black rose, which is even written on the 'bottle'. The perfume is incredibly soft and powdery. I'm thinking of Turkish honey myself. There's no great scent, but it doesn't have an alcohol note at the beginning, which wouldn't be strange at this price.

The durability is okay. About 5 hours I feel the scent on my skin. In my opinion 2 sprays are enough, then this perfume works best. For me it is a cuddly scent for quiet evenings, best with a cocoa and my favourite series. To pass as a going out scent, in my opinion a few edges are missing. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just not really suitable for such an occasion. Maybe for a nice date...?

All in all I am more than satisfied with this perfume. Byzantium manages to combine very strong, gourmand notes in such a way that they are beautifully presented, but still remain rather reserved and gentle. This really makes the fragrance stand out. Maybe it would be better known if the packaging wasn't so incredibly ugly, or at least it just doesn't look like a bottle. If I hadn't found Byzantium here, I would simply have thought that this was a deodorant and not looked at it at all. But thank God there's an exchange of opinions, because the perfume already deserves recognition for this quality at this award.
LaRoseNoir89
A beautiful oriental fragrance for autumn/winter time
I had gotten to know this fragrance while shopping through the matching shower gel and bath additive and fell in love directly! As we had midsummer at that time, it was immediately clear to me what would be used when it got colder outside! By chance I also learned that there is a perfume to it and yes, long story short, of course I have given the perfume a home in my home!???? I don't usually go for heavy scents. But this... mhhhh... So great!
Oriental
The top note is very sweet, spicy and strong, then the fragrance becomes a little milder, unfortunately, it develops on my skin to an oriental scented candle... Nothing for me, I expected something else. Shelf life very good, typical for Tesori.
Heat
Oh my God, I love this warmth! Not this "in winter, by the fireplace, with cuddly socks, wrapped in blanket, with tea and biscuits " warmth. But a completely different warmth! It's this "I was on the beach all day in the heat and my body is charged with sun and I'm freshly showered but the heat still floods my body" warmth! That's exactly what I've been looking for! There I first had to kiss so many expensive frogs to then find in this price category ... unbelievable! I see him, in contrast to most others, primarily not in winter, but in warm summer evenings on tanned skin ... all in all a successful fragrance at a successful price. Blind buying is worth it!

A real "tesoro"
Probably the longest lasting Tesori D'Oriente unisex. And it has a wonderful smell. A nice mix of almond, honey, vanilla and spices. So oriental. For me, the better smell from Tesori D'Oriente, together with Jasmin di Giava for women. Long lasting, that kind of smells who remain in your nostrils, like good old car freshners, made with sense of responsibility. Moderate sillage, but don't overspay it. Very good quality/price ratio. I found it here in ROU at less than 5 euros. :D
Yeah, sure.
Blind purchase, after I had read many good things, and already known with generality (possibly chemical tolerance) of Muschio (not bad at all) and Hamam (rather flat but not irritant/chemical), I risked, with only one fear: that it would not remind me of HPoison (intolerable) for any second and what for ' ROSE' ? (difficult note). But it does not, no rose, or HP. Not too sweet ( A.Muse's sweet ). Cocoa note lasts all the time and similar to Aquolina's X-moothie-Cioccolato e Vaniglia (already) Labdanum all there (a fav. note and reason for purchase). Hate to buy all the wrong things, no matter how cheap, wrong is a pity... ...not this one.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
It is funny...but here in Italy there's a candy called "Rossana" that smells exactly like this edt! Almond and honey are very noticeable

by Smitty
by Smitty
Vielen Dank,ich freue mich sehr :-*  wollte das Bild erst nicht posten :-) aber - ich mag diesen Duft gerne[sanft dosiert]
by Seejungfrau
by LadyAmunRa
by Nisie
by Nisie

Popular Tesori d'Oriente

Jasmin di Giava by Tesori d'Oriente Muschio Bianco / White Musk by Tesori d'Oriente Fiore del Dragone by Tesori d'Oriente Marrakech Essenze e Spezie - Ambra e Zafferano by Tesori d'Oriente Mirra by Tesori d'Oriente Hammam by Tesori d'Oriente Vaniglia e Zenzero del Madagascar by Tesori d'Oriente Japanese Rituals by Tesori d'Oriente Royal Oud dello Yemen by Tesori d'Oriente Ayurveda by Tesori d'Oriente Aegyptus by Tesori d'Oriente Ambra Indiana / Indian Amber by Tesori d'Oriente Fior di Loto by Tesori d'Oriente Frangipani delle Indie by Tesori d'Oriente Tiaré delle Indie by Tesori d'Oriente Marrakech Essenze e Spezie -  Neroli e Cardamomo by Tesori d'Oriente Orchidea della Cina by Tesori d'Oriente Papavero del Tibet by Tesori d'Oriente Marrakech Essenze e Spezie -  Ibisco e Pepe Rosa by Tesori d'Oriente Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver by Tesori d'Oriente