Byzantium by Tesori d'Oriente
Byzantium is a popular perfume by Tesori d'Oriente for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by Sodalis Group / Conter.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamonCinnamon
OudOud
Peru balsamPeru balsam
Cocoa beanCocoa bean
LabdanumLabdanum

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.09.2021.

Cosy, cuddly
The scent was a "nice" blind purchase....pudrig...vanillig...Marzipan... i find it totally cozy and cuddly...for the price absolutely great! When I had it new, I would have to sniff my wrist all day???
0.5
The Fall of Constantinople
I bought this fragrance blind based on the review, especially with attention to "value for money". Have only regretted 2 blind purchases so far, as I actually only blind order crowd pleasers with preferred notes. So what could possibly go wrong? No sooner said than done, Byzantium ordered.

What immediately catches my eye upon arrival is the rather low quality of the bottle, which is however more than understandable at this price. It is, after all, about the content. So much is said, however: The bottle stands out visually even from a larger collection.

To the fragrance:
The perfume makes no prisoners in terms of sillage and conquers an entire room in flight. The sillage is really more than fierce. Unfortunately. I must confess namely, the fragrance has immediately triggered nausea in me. The top note smells like an extremely synthetic mixture of baby powder, almonds and subliminally a little marzipan as far as I can tell.
If Byzantium had used this perfume against the Ottomans in the 15th century, Constantinople would never have fallen! Small joke on the edge, but basically it is so.
In the drydown then emerges a little honey and vanilla, the powdery decreases somewhat. Instead, a headache is another "side effect". Possibly I have overlooked here some notes (or probably not smelled), but of this chemical hammer I do not allow myself a second attempt. Sometimes you have to grow into a perfume a little, I know. But I'm really not clear who wants to smell like this fragrance, so such penetrating and nasty I find him.

So for my, admittedly still quite untrained, nose this perfume does not smell like Byzantium, the city of commerce, but rather after a good portion of cheap baby powder with almond addition. I really can't get anything out of this perfume and really can't understand the mostly positive reviews. At the unbeatable price no great loss, but a prime example of the fact that price-performance must not necessarily be everything!
Baby powder+vanilla+marzipan+almond= feel-good scent
When first spraying comes directly this pleasant, neat baby powder note in the nose. After 30 seconds, then joins marzipan / almond, vanilla and also a rather discreet, but powdery cocoa note. And that's how the whole scent stays for me. Very linear. Pleasant and somehow also maintained, as freshly creamed, but somehow also to bite, but with powder in the mouth. :D As overly intrusive, sticky or too sweet I do not feel him, however. The durability is quite good, but also not outstanding. The sillage also, yet he is then but too quickly close to the skin. I find the fragrance both suitable for winter, like a warm woolen cuddly scarf, as well as suitable for spring, because it smells so innocent for me and I associate it with buds and the color "white", which stand for purity, innocence and somehow also the beginning of everything. Unfortunately it doesn't fit to my Death Metal shirts because of that. :(( I like to wear it at work or before going to bed
Sweet, almond and cinnamon
The fragrance starts very intense with cinnamon and almond and on my skin and clothes remain mainly these two components present. The rose I smell unfortunately not only honey comes again and again easily to it. Rather a very spicy honey. The fragrance is in my opinion rather only for cold / very cold days (Christmas market?), because it is very intense and also rather very sweet / spicy.
Almond~Cherry~Marzipan - Crème brûlée~Bodybutter
At first you can perceive a very strong and intensely sweet spicy note, which suggests something warming from within and is due to the Ceylon cinnamon.

At the same time, the cinnamon is wrapped in a light, sweet, slightly powdery, creamy almond note and provides the Jean-Baptiste Grenouille phenomenon ála Crème brûlée body butter!

"I've never felt such a strong need to pour perfume on my head, but at Byzantium, that would be great and fascinating!" :-)

A little later, the fragrance is enveloped in very creeping moves with the cinnamon and almond by a very dominant, slightly cherryy and subtly sweet marzipan note, which is enveloped by light, subtle nuances of blossom honey, which will make every*m gourmandy's heart beat faster and comes from the heliotrope and honey.

The heliotrope is accompanied by a fine deep sweet floral note, which I perceive as "floral", but I couldn't say exactly which floral note is in the composition, because it is really wonderfully interwoven and in my opinion, the 'black rose' ensures that the fragrance doesn't drift into the dull sweetness, but always has a pleasantly "billowing" profile.

And then you notice quite unconsciously that the fragrance appears to have been dipped into very fine powdery, sweet and balsamic Ladanum, that the light, creamy nuances of Bourbon vanilla are caressed by delicate, velvety nuances of Peruvian balsam and white musk, reminiscent of milk chocolate cake, and lead to a very beautiful, cuddly and caressing finish

Mimosa, 'black rose', oud and cocoa bean I unfortunately could not perceive and complement the fragrance picture.

In total the fragrance lasts 8.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed to be very clearly perceptible 2.5 meters in the 2 hours and 2 hours to a very clearly perceptible whole arm length before it is reduced in viscous steps until the fragrance is released.
Christmas feeling at Easter
I have many fond memories of both holidays. Of course, one perceives things differently with time, circumstances change...especially this year. But you can still make the best of it.

Well, actually I'm much too old for egg hunts anyway, but of course I was very happy when I got a few things anyway. Among other things this scent. I've had it on my screen for a while now, because it's very well rated here.

When I sprayed it on for the first time, my sister immediately said that this perfume just smelled like Christmas. That's partly true. It should be noted that it doesn't have a single fresh, fruity or floral note to make up for the sweetness. To put it more precisely: I perceive primarily almond, heliotrope and cocoa butter. I don't necessarily smell black rose, which is even written on the 'bottle'. The perfume is incredibly soft and powdery. I'm thinking of Turkish honey myself. There's no great scent, but it doesn't have an alcohol note at the beginning, which wouldn't be strange at this price.

The durability is okay. About 5 hours I feel the scent on my skin. In my opinion 2 sprays are enough, then this perfume works best. For me it is a cuddly scent for quiet evenings, best with a cocoa and my favourite series. To pass as a going out scent, in my opinion a few edges are missing. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just not really suitable for such an occasion. Maybe for a nice date...?

All in all I am more than satisfied with this perfume. Byzantium manages to combine very strong, gourmand notes in such a way that they are beautifully presented, but still remain rather reserved and gentle. This really makes the fragrance stand out. Maybe it would be better known if the packaging wasn't so incredibly ugly, or at least it just doesn't look like a bottle. If I hadn't found Byzantium here, I would simply have thought that this was a deodorant and not looked at it at all. But thank God there's an exchange of opinions, because the perfume already deserves recognition for this quality at this award.
Oriental Candyshop
There are scents that immediately trigger stories in my head. From wild to sensual, cheerful to thoughtful and from short to long, everything is there.
Then there are scents, I just "see" the scent. Its notes, its molecules and its character "Byzantium" from "Tesori d'Oriente" is such a fragrance. No matter how hard I think about it, I could shake the one sleeve energetically first, then the other, no story will fall out.
For me, that means writing in a more relaxed way for the time being. Because when the stories go off in my head, I can hardly keep up with writing. Everything is fully automatic and put in a trance until the very end. Then... phew... what was that...?!
With this gem here, I can write down my scent impressions in a focused and relaxed way at the same time
After the first spray, you are greeted by a marzipan, somehow cinnamon-caramel cloud, which is so warm and dense that at first you cannot perceive anything else. The mimosa likes to dance along, holds itself back for my perception and fortunately so that neither my stomach nor my head sounds an alarm. Almost at the same time it becomes slightly rosier but more vanilla. A mixture that becomes even denser and takes over everything nearby. For me it's an absolute oh-experience with joy-shock, because the individual notes and finally combined, although very opulent, result in a wonderfully delicious and gourmand fragrance story. Now the fragrance becomes darker, more mystical and in the course of time still very balsamic and creamy. A kind of fragrance I can imagine that it can be (too) exhausting for some people. You have to be able to tolerate a certain sweetness, which is not sugar-watt sweet or syrupy sweet, but still goes in that direction. The balsamic notes add a little bittersweet twist that turns the final step to cotton candy or sugar cubes away. Somehow the fragrance also evokes an association with a caramel to medium chocolate sun cream, rather thick and without glittering particles, but which almost feels like a delicious sauce on the skin and increases in intensity with the warmth of the sun. So there really is a clearly perceptible cocoa note, which additionally confirms the brownish colour in my "nose cinema". A wonderful scent, studded with many small scent stones, which all together finally result in a dreamlike delicious scent. A picture with mosaic stones, assorted colours and perfectly laid out, as it can be found on the otherwise modest bottle. A composition that appears both very tasty and "edible", but at the same time is again simply "only" gourmand and fine. Your own skin chemistry will decide whether you become more or less of a biter.

It is undisputed, however, that with "Byzantium" a fragrance has succeeded that is able to sweeten cloudy hours and warm up cold days. Because of the sun cream wrap, I would even trust it to last through the summer, if you are modest. The thing that does not suit the scent and the environment the best is a too high dosage. This is of course true for almost all scented waters, but if one contains so many naturally sweet and sweetened elements, it can be really tedious.

Less is once again more.
If you take this to heart, then you will be rewarded with many, fantastically delicious and happy scent impulses, as if you were in the middle of an oriental candyshop.
LaRoseNoir89
A beautiful oriental fragrance for autumn/winter time
I had gotten to know this fragrance while shopping through the matching shower gel and bath additive and fell in love directly! As we had midsummer at that time, it was immediately clear to me what would be used when it got colder outside! By chance I also learned that there is a perfume to it and yes, long story short, of course I have given the perfume a home in my home!???? I don't usually go for heavy scents. But this... mhhhh... So great!
Oriental
The top note is very sweet, spicy and strong, then the fragrance becomes a little milder, unfortunately, it develops on my skin to an oriental scented candle... Nothing for me, I expected something else. Shelf life very good, typical for Tesori.
Heat
Oh my God, I love this warmth! Not this "in winter, by the fireplace, with cuddly socks, wrapped in blanket, with tea and biscuits " warmth. But a completely different warmth! It's this "I was on the beach all day in the heat and my body is charged with sun and I'm freshly showered but the heat still floods my body" warmth! That's exactly what I've been looking for! There I first had to kiss so many expensive frogs to then find in this price category ... unbelievable! I see him, in contrast to most others, primarily not in winter, but in warm summer evenings on tanned skin ... all in all a successful fragrance at a successful price. Blind buying is worth it!

TrippilippiTrippilippi 1 year ago
A nice and warm gourmand perfume, a sort of cheaper version of loukhoum from Keiko
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
It is funny...but here in Italy there's a candy called "Rossana" that smells exactly like this edt! Almond and honey are very noticeable

by Smitty
by Smitty
Vielen Dank,ich freue mich sehr :-*  wollte das Bild erst nicht posten :-) aber - ich mag diesen Duft gerne[sanft dosiert]
by Seejungfrau
by Syndical
by Nisie
by Nisie

Popular Tesori d'Oriente

Muschio Bianco / White Musk by Tesori d'Oriente Fiore del Dragone by Tesori d'Oriente Marrakech Essenze e Spezie - Ambra e Zafferano by Tesori d'Oriente Hammam by Tesori d'Oriente Jasmin di Giava by Tesori d'Oriente Japanese Rituals by Tesori d'Oriente Mirra by Tesori d'Oriente Vaniglia e Zenzero del Madagascar by Tesori d'Oriente Tiaré delle Indie by Tesori d'Oriente Ayurveda by Tesori d'Oriente Royal Oud dello Yemen by Tesori d'Oriente Fior di Loto by Tesori d'Oriente Orchidea della Cina by Tesori d'Oriente Aegyptus by Tesori d'Oriente Ambra Indiana / Indian Amber by Tesori d'Oriente Frangipani delle Indie by Tesori d'Oriente Papavero del Tibet by Tesori d'Oriente Marrakech Essenze e Spezie - Neroli e Cardamomo by Tesori d'Oriente Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver by Tesori d'Oriente Thalasso Therapy by Tesori d'Oriente