Royal Oud dello Yemen (2013)

Royal Oud dello Yemen by Tesori d'Oriente

Royal Oud dello Yemen is a perfume by Tesori d'Oriente for women and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is being marketed by Sodalis Group / Conter.

Top Notes Top NotesPepper, Freesia, Frankincense, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Benzoin, Peach, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesHoney, Talcum, Oriental notes, Woody notes, Amber notes, Oud

Submitted by Dambiro, last update on 16.12.2018

6.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
Intoxicating oriental charm at about 4euros!
I have to do a preface: I am a fan and a "serial collector" of the fragrances "Tesori d'oriente". here in Italy where i live they are sold at about 4euros or maybe less when they are on sale.
This scent , although quite synthetic (but do really exist nowadays any fragrances made only with natural ingredients?) is surprisingly powerful and intoxicating. The perfect fragrance for the cold season whenever you want to mark your passage and wear a scent having a strong sillage and a very good longevity.
It is meant as unisex fragrance, so the notes are quite strong and deep: the flowery-citrusy opening note is immediately made smoky and intriguing by the frankincense, giving a "sacred" character to this aromatic perfume.
Then, the heart notes arrive to your nose, strong and intoxicating involving you in a very charming oriental cloud : the clove and the benzoin , reminding middle eastern landscapes, encounter the fruity notes of the peach for an unusual heart accord. Finally, the base: a very deep oud made softer by a talcum note and smoother by a touch of honey and a warm amber, not at all "medicinal". The Golden bottle is very simple and minimal but mind that it's very smart and useful to be kept in the bag for a spray in every moment of the day. What else for a so small price?
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Knocked Oud!
When I put "Royal Oud dello Yemen" on my skin there was first an outbirst of something between very sweet fruit liqueur and a certain kind of artificial spiced jelly beans but in an anyhow acrid way. The air in my room was immediatly filled with that smell. My stomach was revolting and I had to sneeze many times, my nose was burning inside and red outside. My eyes were watering of it. Yuk!
I opened the window and the door, but the stink would not move out. Because it was permanently percolating the air from my skin.
No, I am not an allergical type.
A little bit later I could differ something like clove, vanillin, and al lot of artificial creamy chemicals.
No, there is not the faintest note of woody or even oud-notes.
Trying to remove it by washing was not really successful.
My propose: Ladies, put this can of "Royal Oud dello Yemen" into your handbag and use it only in case of emergency for self-defence. But be carefully, if you are going to get it into your eyes and nose you yourself might going to get knocked "oud" though there is not one molecule of Oud.
I just got the idea that the name of "Royal Oud dello Yemen" could have a different meaning?

Jazzy76 20 months ago