Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver

Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver by Tesori d'Oriente

Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver is a perfume by Tesori d'Oriente for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Sodalis Group / Conter.

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen tea, Rose, Benzoin
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandalwood

Submitted by AbrahamAudas, last update on 18.06.2019

6.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Unconscious Luscious: The man of a thousand faces
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this black bottle was "Umm... Guerlain Vetiver dupe?". Nop, this is anything but Guerlain Vetiver. Considerably, vetiver is one of the main notes, though the scent is far away from that mainstream perfume. Indeed, when I sprayed it on my skin, I initially did not fall in love with it. but then... Trust me, for really just a handful of euro, this is a gorgeous worthwhile genderless cologne. This gem is the olfactic annals of a journey to discover an obscure imaginary island, full of spell and secrets to reveal. A redolence that evokes the freshness of bursting waterfalls in nature and immense wild forests to give a healthful sensation of wellbeing.

Sandalo del Kashmir e Vetiver (SKV) is classified as an Oriental Woody scent, yet to me what I love about this fragrance is that you can find a little of each olfactory family in it. It is sensual, romantic, elegant, charismatic, among others. The man of a thousand faces I would figure it out. A warm, comforting scent that starts off with a fresh, citrus opening. Later, the drydown is spicy and creamy, with plenty of sweet-woody notes.

At first spray, SKV came out a bit strong that my nose could not handle.
I gave it up and was imagining on my way home that this could have been a masterpiece. All of a sudden turning the steering wheel I felt this heavenly fragrance which was bliss to sniff. Despite the spicy ginger and creamy bergamot, the opening is not too citrusy, rather I get something fruity, a kind of like sweet nectarine or peach. The citrus notes here smell quite natural and also seem to be very subtle with so many other notes being pushed forward. So, it welcomes you with the freshness of citrus, then it quickly invokes its true strength: the warm, rich concoction of the middle notes and the base notes. They transition - more like, tumble - seamlessly and lift your spirit up, giving you a vibrant and relaxing experience of Cloud Nine, aka euphoria.

The freshness in the start changes quite quickly, a more fruity and floral accord pops up in the heart, there is a creamy rose blended with fumy benzoin, the rose is smoky and balsamic. I barely get the green tea, it is not predominant, and well blended with the other notes. Even if not mentioned, yes, it tastes like coconut but there is no coconut, perhaps the accord is coming from the cross between blond wood or cashmere and vetiver.

Then I could smell the alluring base, notes appear quite significantly and to top it up tonka bean gives a sweet touch. Pure bliss after top notes disappear. I would say after middle notes allure acts like a magnet. The dry down is full of the grassiness and dryness of delicate vetiver, it is nutty and slightly earthy. The note or accord I’m calling earthy is not dirty enough to be called sweaty. I guess I would call this note flushed or blushing. More, it offers a lot of sensuality from the cedarwood and sandalwood, the base loosens a creamy woodiness. If that was not enough, the base is married to warm and amber notes of Sandalwood to give life to an intense, enticing, and precious perfume.

SKV has a combination of casual and sophisticated vibes that makes it easy to wear everywhere on a regular basis, without offending somebody. Its sweet woody base can endure the cold winter, but it requires extra warmth to unleash itself. Otherwise, it stays close to the skin. I find it perfect in Fall or early Spring, and intriguing to wear in the Summer night. A smooth all-around fragrance for all ages and genders, it is a definite keeper that is easy to love. This is manly, but without some of the strong, forceful harshness given off by many colognes; it retains subtle, quiet femininity to it.

-Elysium
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Another treasure from Tesori
Woody with a touch of vetiver. A perfume similar enough to L'Occitane Eau Des Baux. Same performances on me (above average), but this is 10x cheaper, at least in my country. Good value for money. Good longevity, acceptable sillage (good in the first 1-2 hours).
PS: ratings here are too low for this.

Elysium 120 days ago
A warm, comfy scent that starts off with a fresh, citrus opening. Later, the drydown is spicy and creamy, with plenty of sweet-woody note.
Jazzy76 12 months ago
This cheap and "spartanian" bottle hides a wonderful jus: Woody and aromatic with fresh accents and a quite good sillage at about 4€!+1
4.0