Carved Oud 2013 Extrait de Parfum

Carved Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by Thameen
Top 31 in Unisex Perfume
Carved Oud (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Thameen for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Alexandre Illan

MuskMusk
LabdanumLabdanum
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 21.10.2021.

The aura
today at Whitsun we have it slightly hazy and quite cool for May, which had more to offer as a door opener of summer (weather-wise). As far as the selection of a suitable fragrance is concerned, it is pleasing to be able to reach for the "heavier" fragrances, which one had actually already safely stored away. One of them was my sample "Carved Oud", which sweetened the beginning of the year with its great scent aura and was used again today. I bought the sample at that time to be able to draw the comparison to the Oud Wood and it is difficult for me to report on this comparison, because he brought me to my limits.

About the fragrance:
Carved Oud is not really a perfume in the traditional sense, it is better described as an aura. As something that radiates, envelops and has its own character and not just the character of the wearer strengthens or particularly emphasizes / puts in scene. Nor does it do it justice to push it into a fragrance corner, to hang titles on it such as "spicy", "woody" etc., as these are all fixed descriptions that it is above. Consequently, it seems more meaningful to describe the experience one can have with it. When you spray it, you are immediately surrounded/enveloped by a sensual aura of all kinds of finely balanced scent compositions. You smell fine spices, slightly smoldering woods, vanilla oud and everything in just the right dosage. Moreover, it is not too heavy, it retains something light, yes, almost something fresh, sparkling. The cypress manages to add a slightly ethereal touch that knows how to expand the aura with a medicinal component. By those components creates the impression of a completely condensed fragrance, it is difficult to smell the individual components individually, because everything seems so closely interwoven.

...and yes, he is undeniably a twin...

I have to agree, it also smells simply like Oud-Wood, which also gets to call this great aura its own. Nevertheless, I would prefer with the next purchase, this one, but why?

The comparison:
Actually, it is more than simple, was me to buy Carved-Oud would move: He simply lasts longer. My Oud Wood I always had to pimp with Molecule 01 to come to a good 6-8 hours, which creates the Carved at two sprays loose alone. Considering the fact that the two are almost identical in price, my buying tendency seems understandable? But, even with the scent itself, minimal advantages over the Ford can be noted. Namely, the Carved is a bit more "niche quality". It's "even" more sensual, even denser, and a bit darker. It also has the ethereal ahead of the Oud-Wood. But I want to stress that I could only smell that after wearing it several times, and I'm convinced that otherwise it's hard to tell the two apart.

Consequently, I come to the conclusion that in this case the durability can be a convincing argument after all ;-)

Happy Whitsun!

Free fall
I stand at the edge of perception, the cliffs of reality
Sharpened are the senses like an eagle
Balmy depths in the firmament shine
The abyss before me - resinous, sweet and velvety soft
Let me fall and drift, staggering losing my grip
Wood-soaked veils full of surreal psychedelic emotion
blur reality, beguiling and intoxicating at the same time
A carved reality that never was and never will be
Succumbing to the fallacy of creamy illusion, desirable and so full of hope
Deep blue light shimmers from the hoped for world
on mystic paths to me
Reaches me flickering and pure
Clarified shall my inmost self now be
For as transience
Is a tear on the cheek of time
Gives sandy dust and warm amber
Again much hope to shining being

Carved Oud represents for me an extremely exciting olfactory modification to OW. Even if the souls of both compositions have the same aesthetic origin, Carved Oud offers a certain more tendency to the oriental "desert scent"!

*carved thanks to NuiWhakakore for the test*
Grandiose art
I TEST ES........

C harmant?
A nimali?
R ebelish ?
V erführerisch?
E del?
D ominant?

O ud I do not smell out.
Unrelenting?
D he ultimate ?

I cannot and will not break him down into his component parts. I'm not a perfumer. My nose wouldn't be cut out for this either.

I say it in my own words.

I find him extravagant, sexy, attractive, noble, stylish.
No matter how dressed, it always fits. No matter if man or woman.
For me, he belongs to the dreamlike scents.
He's worth his money. And he keeps it high for a very long time.
Congratulations Thameen for this composition.

Thanks for reading it Today a bit shorter and different
Greetings Sebastian
AnjaTom
Oud Wood's big, grown-up brother.
Hello my dear taster friends!
Before I come to the description of the fragrance, I would like to make one remark.
I have never experienced 2 fragrances (Carved Oud and Oud Wood) that are sooo close to each other.
At least in the heart 99.9%.

At the beginning the Thameen CO starts a bit fresher than Oud Wood, I think this is due to the pepper and vetiver. Just great how it unfolds. But always restrained, never disturbing or pushy. After the start it goes to the 99,9% identical middle! This is really the madness.
Both look full and beautiful, the CO of course a little more sillage and durability and also a little more natural.
Immediately after spraying on you can see the high proportion of high-quality oils in the Extrait, which is also the big difference to the OW, which is "only" an EDP.

Carved Oud has a much wider range of conversion than Oud Wood.
It starts fresher as already said (watch out now) but ends even a bit sweeter/creamier than the OW, but without falling into a sticky sweetness as I could see for example on "Oud For Greatness". CO lays a beautiful course on the parquet, that has to be said. Here, the OW remains much more linear, which is not necessarily to its disadvantage! It's just different.

The 3 fragrance that is often compared to the CO and OW is probably the Oud Noir Intense, but I can't really say much about it because I haven't tested it in detail yet.
You just have to decide, in my opinion CO and OW are not necessary, because they are just too close together.
I decided to go for the CO, although the OW is still a great smell. But the much better durability and silage are good enough for me, 2 sprays (MAX) are really enough to make yourself "heard" in the room.

If you don't know him: Test him!

SpicyDice
Oud Wood is it you? No, you're even better!
Recently a buddy bought The Hope from Thameen and kindly got the tester of Carved Oud from the shop assistant. I have never heard of Thameen before, probably because of the exclusivity.

Anyway, the carved oud reminded me in the first moment directly of Oud Wood by Tom Ford. However, Carved Oud is a bit more vanilla and Oud Wood a bit more spicy. So the scent DNA is really a similar fantastic composition as the scent of Tom Ford's competitor
The durability is really fantastic. That's what always bothered me about the Tom Ford. At the price of the Tom Ford, I think it should last a little longer. There is now an Extreme version, but this one is even more outrageous in price and has very little to do with the classic Oud Wood.

So with the Thameen Carved Oud you get a wonderful beginner's oud, which has a great performance and in no way becomes too animalistic.
Great!

Woody Fragrance
Notes: Oud, Cedar, Guaiac Wood, Patchouli and Musk

Yes, this does resemble Oud Wood by TF.

There is no oud, maybe it's very synthetic but Guaiac Wood is the most prominent note to my nose. Guaiac adds that sweetness combined with cedar which gives it that Woody element. Drydown gives off that Earthy element where Patchouli and Vetiver come in play, patchouli in this gives off that musky aroma but it's not dirty as in other darker fragrances.
Overall a good fragrance and if you love Oud Wood and other fragrances with similar DNA you will enjoy this as well.

Carved Oid | A Stunning Oud scent
I am a sucker for Oud & woody notes hence, I had so many expectations from this one. When I first smelled it, it just surpassed every single thing I had expected. ⁣

Thameen's Carved Oud is a woody scent done to perfection! A fantastic sophisticated fragrance that will have you smell like a million bucks. During my research, I found out that the oud that is used in this fragrance is of high quality and comes from south of India which is skill-fully blended with guaiac and cedar woods. ⁣

Verdict: Carved Oud is smooth, creamy & definitely one of the best oud openings I have smelled. The scent is comforting and high quality. If you like woody notes, this would not disappoint you. ⁣

⭕ Instagram: @EternalScentJourney

Carved Wood (not oud)
I feel very little amont of oud, but is the most refined and clean woody smell. Is not sweet, very reminiscent to TF Oud Wood, but more fresh, linear and bright. This is how a man should smell everyday!

MariaSMariaS 7 months ago
It’s a sweet spicy woody scent so well blended! I believe it’s a masterpiece! It’s unisex but I would love it more on a man.
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 8 months ago
Wow!Sexy,confident,sophisticated male.Pink pepper,intoxicating,intriguing wood and so much more my untrained nose can perceive yet.Topper!
ExxellenceExxellence 9 months ago
Very similar to Oud Wood. Longevity is comparable as well which is a chocker for an extrait. It's beautiful tho.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Carved Oud is spicy, dry, woody and creamy. Elegant scent with a touch of sweetness. It's a brighter Oud Wood with better performance.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A bright, yet creamy spicy-earthy Fall fragrance, balanced by warm and gentle resinous-woody base. A very complex woody scent. Male-oriented

by Felsn
by Duftmeister
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Thameen

Peregrina by Thameen Green Pearl by Thameen The Hope by Thameen Regent Leather by Thameen Noorolain Taif by Thameen The Cora (Extrait de Parfum) by Thameen Sparkling Opal by Thameen Amber Room (Extrait de Parfum) by Thameen Diadem by Thameen Sceptre by Thameen Moon of Baroda by Thameen Imperial Crown by Thameen Patiala by Thameen Nassak by Thameen Peacock Throne (Extrait de Parfum) by Thameen Royal Sapphire by Thameen Rivière (Extrait de Parfum) by Thameen Baby Collection - Ruby by Thameen Palace Oud by Thameen Cullinan Diamond by Thameen