Nigritella - Oriental Orchid 2016

Nigritella - Oriental Orchid by The Body Shop
Nigritella - Oriental Orchid is a perfume by The Body Shop for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Natura Cosméticos.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Bergamot, Green leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesRed nigritella, Tuberose, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.10.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
Sounds suspicious of Nutella?!
Okay, this may be unusual that I release a Kommi now, but I will probably release my Kommis more often at this time or shortly before 20 o'clock, and yes, the reason is actually the football WM :DD
And I don't know if I'll write anything every day, but we'll see. I think, some break from me as the perfumo plague here (waah, hopefully I'm not really that!!!) could surely do you good :D

But now for the fragrance!
Soo,... I know that the term "Nutella" was the only thing that attracted you to my comment, wasn't it, Nutellamonsters? D
But I meant with Nutella actually only the name Nigritella, which at first sight sounds like a copy of a Nutella spread to me :D

The fragrance is sweet, but neither nutty nor chocolaty and .... bah, and then everyone is gone again, but I just wanted to distribute free Nutella rolls here, they would certainly come well now when watching the World Cup games!... Well... bad luck then :D

And Nigritella means by the way Kohlröschen, hmmm, so they are probably the blatant opposite of Nutella.... :DD

The fragrance:
At the beginning I mainly sniff sweet tuberose and light, citric notes, which seem to come mainly from the mandarins. Then there is jasmine, which quickly catches the tuberoses and smells slightly more intense than them.
Hm... cabbage? I don't know if I perceive them, but actually there should be some cabbage scent, if the scent has already been named after them. Anyway, later there is a light, green-herbal note, which doesn't smell like cabbage, but maybe this could be the cabbage florets... oh I have no idea, I should have eaten more vegetables or something earlier as a child... :DD
In any case, the herbaceous impression does not last long, since the sweet floral scents are always in the foreground and therefore one can smell these notes the most.
From the base, the fragrance becomes even sweeter, since you can smell the vanilla well, which also makes the fragrance a little more powdery. In addition, there is light sandalwood and other flowers in the background that cannot be further identified. At the very end it only smells like vanilla.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is mediocre and the scent can be smelled reasonably well at short to normal distances.
Fragrances, which in their base almost only smell of vanilla, seem to hold somehow Eternal! D
So you can easily expect 14 hours and much more with this fragrance, I could still smell the fragrance quite easily the next morning (so the vanilla anyway).

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with an arched upper section. The neck is cylindrical, on it sits the black lid, which seems to be made of wood. The label is purple and shows the logo and name of the fragrance. All in all quite nice with its (in my opinion) slightly old-fashioned design.

Hmm... the scent was named here after the kohlröschen, so the Nigritella, but I'm not sure if you really smell the scent of it here, because I'm not sure how the kohlröschen really smell (raw or as scent).

Despite the light, herbaceous notes, the fragrance smells for me mainly rather floral and sweet, whereby this sweetness is even further enhanced in the base by the vanilla. The fragrance is not very heavy, but it is also not necessarily fresh and loose, so I think it is best suited for autumn and early spring. Due to the nice scent it is also suitable for going out.

I certainly liked the fragrance a lot, but of course, strictly speaking, such a fragrance only smells like vanilla later on and doesn't have much to offer in the beginning to stand out from other fragrances, but that doesn't mean it's not beautiful.
So you can test it!

Soo... well, are you still crying after the Nutella buns? Hmm... you know what else is great?
If you press foam kisses into two halves of a roll, jammm, THAT tastes really ultra good!!! :D

by Ninahagen
by Ninahagen
by Maddy
by Maddy

Popular The Body Shop

White Musk for Men by The Body Shop White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Kahaia - White Flora by The Body Shop Moringa (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Bowhanti - Spicy Woods by The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop White Musk Libertine (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Shea / Karité (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Polynesian Island Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit / Pamplemousse Rose (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Brazil Nut / Noix du Bresil by The Body Shop Amorito by The Body Shop Vanilla Brulee / Vanille Doree (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop British Rose by The Body Shop English Dawn Gardenia / English Dawn White Gardenia / Gardenia Blanc d'un Matin Anglais (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Vanilla Chai by The Body Shop Neroli Jasmin by The Body Shop