VanillaVanille

Vanilla / Vanille by The Body Shop

Vanilla is a perfume by The Body Shop for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Bergamot, Strawberry, Coconut
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 31.03.2018

5.0 5.0 7.5 6.0/10
Not the best vanilla
Whenever someone asks for a vanilla recommendation, The Body Shop Vanilla EDT is almost always suggested. As an avid vanilla fan, I made it my priority to visit The Body Shop and give it a fair chance.

In all honesty, I've smelt better vanilla scents, however it is certainly pleasant on the skin. My only suggestion is to enjoy it in its middle stages, as I found the opening and drydown quite mediocre.

Vanilla EDT opens with a somewhat chemical vanilla note and sharp fruits. I wasn't overly impressed at first, but as I mentioned before, I found the heart much more pleasing. The scent settled into a smooth, slightly creamy and inoffensively sweet vanilla blend with subtle hints of apricot and white florals.

Although sweet, I wouldn't call it particularly foody. When I think of vanilla, I picture a delicious gourmand. This fragrance tends to be sugary and powdery, but not in an edible sense.

The drydown is where the musk accords are at their most prominent. I usually enjoy the smell of musk, however in this fragrance it blends with the vanilla to create a dusty and stale scent. It reminds me of the scent of bed sheets that have been stored away for awhile in a dark cupboard, only to be shaken out a few months later. It's the mustiness that puts me right off.

I barely remember smelling The Body Shop's Vanilla Oil, but I do recall being disappointed in having expected so much more. I have almost the same sentiment towards Vanilla EDT.
Sweet and Happy
As the name suggests, that's a perfume dominated by vanilla note. It smells delicious not necessarily in an artificial way. Could be overwhelming if you don't like sweet fragrances.

TBS's Vanilla puts me in a happy mood and always gets me compliments.

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
by Joe
by Joe
by Caliope
by Caliope

Popular The Body Shop

White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop White Musk for Men by The Body Shop White Musk Libertine (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Vanilla / Vanille by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom / Cerisier du Japon (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Neroli Jasmin by The Body Shop Moringa by The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose / Rose des Montagnes de l'Atlas (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Smoky Poppy by The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus / Fleur de Lotus de Fidji (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Shea / Karité by The Body Shop Oceanus by The Body Shop Brazil Nut / Noix du Bresil by The Body Shop Polynesian Island Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Love ETC... (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Moroccan Rose / Rose du Maroc by The Body Shop Chocomania by The Body Shop