Vanilla Perfume OilHuile de Parfum

Vanilla Perfume Oil / Huile de Parfum by The Body Shop

Vanilla Perfume Oil is a popular perfume by The Body Shop for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Peach, Apricot, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang, Tuberose, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Sorceress, last update on 11.01.2015

7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The Body Shop Vanilla Oil-An Original Scintillating Gourmand Ahead Of Its Time
My review is for the original Body Shop Vanilla Oil with the black cap. It was a dark oil that was very strongly scented. I went through many bottles of it back in the 1990's and still have one left. Now on Ebay they are asking exorbitant dollar amounts for this original delectable scent and there is a reason why. If you were privy to it and remember it, there is nothing comparable to the original. I have searched since then for another vanilla and have not found anything anywhere near it yet. Those that remember it will agree with me without a doubt.
The original Body Shop Vanilla Oil was a deep, scintillating gourmand that heightened people's awareness of what a true vanilla was without other notes mixed in. It didn't have any cloying sweetness to it. Nor did it have any florals that would interfere and mix with the scent. Its drydown would come and you would simply smell a warm, delicious slightly burnt vanilla that hinted of caramel, maybe of buttercream, but nevertheless, the amber kept the sweetness creamy and mellow. It was pure vanilla extract. It was a sexy vanilla, not a youngster's vanilla, because it wasn't a sweet little perfume. It was almost a dangerous perfume to those who would be its victims when applied. The sillage was strong and it lasted just about until you showered it off. It was a perfume that seemed to meld into your own skin. To this day, I have never met a vanilla like it.
One time, I was walking into my Doctor's office. He was holding the door for me, and as I walked past him, he sniffed the air and said, "Ahhh...there's the scent I crave so much." I turned and looked at him with surprise (and some horror, I might add). I think he surprised himself when he said that, and stuttered, "I meant...is somebody baking cupcakes?" And then kind of laughed embarrassingly. That's when I knew the scent had some type of power. And so did my husband who was behind me. Needless to say, I never wore it again to that Doctor's office. It was that type of perfume tho. It made people sit up and take notice and comment. They would inhale and make some type of remark. It's one of the few perfumes I own that always garnered remarks. Some that were decent and some that were not so decent.
Such a shame times have changed and they had to reformulate it. It was a beauty and I treasure the miniscule amount I have left of the original. The 2nd and 3rd versions are nothing like the original Body Shop Vanilla.

by Sorceress
by Sorceress
by MissGuerlain
by MissGuerlain

Popular The Body Shop

White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop White Musk for Men by The Body Shop White Musk Libertine (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Vanilla / Vanille by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom / Cerisier du Japon (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Neroli Jasmin by The Body Shop Moringa (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose / Rose des Montagnes de l'Atlas (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Smoky Poppy by The Body Shop Shea / Karité (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus / Fleur de Lotus de Fidji (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Oceanus by The Body Shop Polynesian Island Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Brazil Nut / Noix du Bresil by The Body Shop Love ETC... (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Moroccan Rose / Rose du Maroc by The Body Shop Chocomania by The Body Shop