White Musk 1981 Eau de Parfum

White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop
7.4 / 10 188 Ratings
White Musk (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by The Body Shop for women and was released in 1981. The scent is powdery-floral. It is being marketed by Natura Cosméticos.
Goes well with Agent Provocateur

Top Notes Top Notes MuskMusk LilyLily Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart Notes MuskMusk JasmineJasmine LilyLily RoseRose
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk JasmineJasmine RoseRose IrisIris AmberAmber PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver
Submitted by Irielle666, last update on 08.12.2022.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 21
Korean drama
Sometimes scents also go, and getting to know the same strangely tortuous paths.
For whatever reason, this classic from Bodyshop has remained unknown for over 20 years and would still be if, yes if my teenage daughter had not lost her penchant for
Korean pop music and Korean drama.
I am a good, sensitive and interested mother for the world of my children, but this
"Korea bird" was very exhausting for me in the beginning and so I tried to ignore it as much as possible and hoped to like it, like many of my daughter's preferences and crushes,
will pass quickly. We bought tons of Korean stuff, from candy to cosmetics, mangas, bubbletea and weird gadgets ...
And one day she arrived at my place completely upset, she needed a very special perfume that played a key role in your Korean drama.
A series about mysticism, love and suffering of young Korean women, Goblin, was the title of the good play, and in it the main actress is presented with White Musk from bodyshop...
As befits a good mother, the next shopping day I visited with my daughter
a bodyshop and asked about the scent.
My daughter was already beaming at the sight of the perfume and muttered something about "...so romantic",
and when the salesgirl sprayed the scent on my forearm, I was completely blown away "So romantic," I muttered blissfully to myself Purest finest, cuddly soft powdery musk, spreadable, not animalistic, beautiful ...
It was love at first sight, well, what else can I tell you? since then I sit side by side with my daughter on the couch, we eat Korean sweets, smell like White Musk and watch Korean dramas ...
Very helpful Review 9
Discreet and beautiful everyday scent
We received this fragrance a few years ago in an Advent calendar from TheBodyShop in a 10-ml bottle. We didn't like it at all, so we put it into a cosmetic bag as a travel flacon - where it was ignored while travelling. When I started to develop a real passion for perfume last year, I collected everything that looked like perfume at home and tested it extensively. Among them was this little bottle - and I still didn't like it. I decided to put it into the spring collection for layering, where I saw it this morning and put it on What a strange reunion - I like him now. I don't know why, it's beyond me. Am I so addicted to perfume that I simply like everything now? No, I can't say that I have. Why do I not feel this intense musk note as old-fashioned and from the day before yesterday as I did last year?
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I now use scents much more consciously for certain emotional states and then perhaps I hit the mark now and then. This morning, on a day when I have something difficult in front of me and feel that time is quite difficult anyway, this fragrance fits perfectly. It seems mature, experienced and mature and that is nice. I perceive mainly musk in all phases; I can't really smell the floral notes, but they are responsible for this very special musk note. The scent is not sweaty and anal, but mild and subtle. It appears elegant and there seem to be also aldehydes involved, but they are not mentioned here. The fragrance experience is in summary less flowery, more musky powdery, but already individually shaped and very, very soft.
A beautiful everyday fragrance that actually always goes when the fragrance is supposed to be in the background, but gently supporting. Or when - as in these times - you basically carry it more or less on your own and therefore don't necessarily want to reach for the most precious thing. Precious fragrances are something you just want to save up. Because this much is certain: At some point, times will get better again. In the end everything will be fine. And if it is not good yet... then it is not the end.

Helpful Review 6
gorgeous musk
Smooth, clean and elegant perfume in an inelegant bottle.
The pricetag belies the quality of the liquid inside.
Compliments, so many, many compliments.
"Excuse me Miss, may I ask what perfume you're wearing?"
The definition of unisex.
The perfect musk.
Gorgeous.
Timeless and significant fragrance, like Chanel 5 or HipHop
As a teenager this is (since the 1980s!) the coolest thing you can get with an allowance. Even the deodorant is overpowering. White Musk is a light, creamy or powdery musk scent. Musk in a waxy fresh way. No suffocating vanilla. A timeless and significant fragrance, like Chanel 5 or HipHop. And actually Cacharel's Loulou. As an adult person, I find it terribly sweet, synthetic and heavy. But it's still a better choice than any conventional floral-musky women's scent that's--always new. For this budget, Korres fragrances would also be an option, one level higher then Guerlain. Help me! What unisex scents are really hip-hop?

Helpful Review 4
I've Looked at Clouds from Both Sides Now...
This is an airy comfortable yet dynamic clean white musk with a touch of aldehydes, green lush fresh basil leaves, Iris and Galbanum. It is luring yet comforting andmutre yet carefree. I have been drawn to this scent for well over 20 decades and I am always amazed at how it slides over my skin, warms me and makes me look up at the clouds and breath deeply. I can't detect jasmine and lily...although, they are listed in the notes and I love them, but this scent bleds so beautifully; the eau de parfum is just as good as the pure oil concentrate that I used to wear. This is the scent of a person- neither a man or a woman in particular, but a human being, who smells good and radiants a sense of calm, peace, joy, life, and Shambhala. I wear this when ever I am unsure, anxious or nostalgic and it brings me to my psychological home, confident, fresh but not too clean or soapy. This scent is appropriate for the office and a totslly unoffensive skin scent, not sweet...dry airy feather- this is both fresh and decently anamalic, herbal it melts into my skin and I fade into it's aura gladly!
More reviews

2 short views on the fragrance
Lily3013Lily3013 5 months ago
Weißer Moschus in Purform mit süßen floralen Akkorden- einige mögen das mögen, ich leider nicht...
White Moschus Smoky Rose ist besser...
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Clean and sweetish-powdery, with a discreet soft touch of fresh washed skin. After the reformulation, as if the scent were watered down.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

23 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by The Body Shop

White Musk for Men by The Body Shop Bowhanti - Spicy Woods by The Body Shop Kahaia - White Flora by The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Moringa (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Polynesian Island Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop White Musk Libertine (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Nigritella - Oriental Orchid by The Body Shop Amorito by The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit / Pamplemousse Rose (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Shea / Karité (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop White Musk (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop British Rose by The Body Shop Vanilla Brulee / Vanille Doree (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea by The Body Shop Brazil Nut / Noix du Bresil by The Body Shop Madagascan Vanilla Flower (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Vanilla by The Body Shop