Vanilla Perfume Oil

Vanilla (Perfume Oil) by The Body Shop
Vanilla (Perfume Oil) is a popular perfume by The Body Shop for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Sorceress, last update on 18.11.2019.

The Body Shop Vanilla Oil-An Original Scintillating Gourmand Ahead Of Its Time
My review is for the original Body Shop Vanilla Oil with the black cap. It was a dark oil that was very strongly scented. I went through many bottles of it back in the 1990's and still have one left. Now on Ebay they are asking exorbitant dollar amounts for this original delectable scent and there is a reason why. If you were privy to it and remember it, there is nothing comparable to the original. I have searched since then for another vanilla and have not found anything anywhere near it yet. Those that remember it will agree with me without a doubt.
The original Body Shop Vanilla Oil was a deep, scintillating gourmand that heightened people's awareness of what a true vanilla was without other notes mixed in. It didn't have any cloying sweetness to it. Nor did it have any florals that would interfere and mix with the scent. Its drydown would come and you would simply smell a warm, delicious slightly burnt vanilla that hinted of caramel, maybe of buttercream, but nevertheless, the amber kept the sweetness creamy and mellow. It was pure vanilla extract. It was a sexy vanilla, not a youngster's vanilla, because it wasn't a sweet little perfume. It was almost a dangerous perfume to those who would be its victims when applied. The sillage was strong and it lasted just about until you showered it off. It was a perfume that seemed to meld into your own skin. To this day, I have never met a vanilla like it.
One time, I was walking into my Doctor's office. He was holding the door for me, and as I walked past him, he sniffed the air and said, "Ahhh...there's the scent I crave so much." I turned and looked at him with surprise (and some horror, I might add). I think he surprised himself when he said that, and stuttered, "I meant...is somebody baking cupcakes?" And then kind of laughed embarrassingly. That's when I knew the scent had some type of power. And so did my husband who was behind me. Needless to say, I never wore it again to that Doctor's office. It was that type of perfume tho. It made people sit up and take notice and comment. They would inhale and make some type of remark. It's one of the few perfumes I own that always garnered remarks. Some that were decent and some that were not so decent.
Such a shame times have changed and they had to reformulate it. It was a beauty and I treasure the miniscule amount I have left of the original. The 2nd and 3rd versions are nothing like the original Body Shop Vanilla.

by Sorceress
by Sorceress
by MissGuerlain
by MissGuerlain

Popular The Body Shop

White Musk for Men by The Body Shop White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Kahaia - White Flora by The Body Shop Bowhanti - Spicy Woods by The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Moringa (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop White Musk Libertine (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Polynesian Island Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Red Musk (Eau de Parfum) by The Body Shop Shea / Karité (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit / Pamplemousse Rose (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Nigritella - Oriental Orchid by The Body Shop Vanilla Brulee / Vanille Doree (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Brazil Nut / Noix du Bresil by The Body Shop Amorito by The Body Shop British Rose by The Body Shop English Dawn Gardenia / English Dawn White Gardenia / Gardenia Blanc d'un Matin Anglais (Eau de Toilette) by The Body Shop Vanilla Chai by The Body Shop