Jasmin de Nuit by The Different Company
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Jasmin de Nuit is a popular perfume by The Different Company for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-floral. It is still in production.

Céline Ellena

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Cardamom, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Beauty of the night
You have to like jasmine, I really agree with Yatagan.
And just this strongly spiced Jasminduft is already something special, surely also gewöhnungsbedürftig.
I immediately enjoyed "Jasmin de Nuit", even though I had some reservations about the star anise at the beginning.
This one has already destroyed some of my scents. That's why I'm always a little careful.

Here, however, this special Christmas spice stays pleasantly covered; he only touches my little nose once, then he makes off.
A not quite as synthetic mandarin, as often found in fragrance compositions, together with a pleasant dose of bergamot forms a wintery fruity start.
Here my way crosses then on a nose length briefly star anise.
But jasmine as I love it, heavy white fragrant flowers, dominates very fast. It forms the strong heart of this creation.
Its special, sometimes really easily decomposing aroma is accompanied by amazing companions: cadamom and cinnamon.
After a short "battle of scents" Jasmin takes the pole position again for me.
A magical night now comes true: strong sandalwood (not everybody's Darling either) spices up this fragrant fabric in its own way.
This is interlaced with rich glowing patchouli panels before Amber finally generously distributes star gold!
A special, sensual scented carpet on which jasmine and co. loll with pleasure.

Under the influence of heat, this melange rises like a yeast dumpling: it demands space and attention, but is also very faithful!
Even with my "fish blood", a fascinating fragrance develops: whether it corresponds exactly to what the perfumer had in mind, I naturally do not know.

I like "Jasmine de Nuit" very much. Perhaps it is the winter spices that make this place so special.
It could be due to the fact that the jasmine does not dominate evenly. The rebellion of his spicy-strong, fragrant companions does this aromatic creation good, makes it alive.

"Jasmine de Nuit" is an interesting change in the round of the many jasmine scents. He dances in his very own rhythm.
It's worth getting involved with, because "Some enchanted Evening, you may see a Stranger ..."
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The best variety in the Pez dispenser
My brother and I used to each have a Pez donor. That was so long ago and we were so small that I don't even know if I had Donald Duck and he had Mickey Mouse or vice versa. One pressed on the head of the donor and then pushed out a small Pez candy. Well, it wasn't really a candy, but rather a rectangular pastille with a raised edge. They all started off as spicy as sherbet powder and I remember that the "Cola" variety was my favourite. Cola was always the first one all, because also my brother liked Cola best.

When I sprayed myself with Jasmin de Nuit, these Pez dispensers shot into my memory and this sizzling beginning when you put the pastilles on your tongue. Jasmin de Nuit starts off just as titillatingly as if sherbet powder was in it. Also the slightly citric, which gives cola a certain freshness, I find in Jasmin de Nuit again.

After this curious start I notice a note that reminds me of the body oils of Aura Soma. The body oils of Aura Soma smell different, but all have a common basis of purified olive oil and jojoba oil and in some of the oils I used there is also a little ylang ylang, but very subtle, without me smelling it as such directly. The fragrance, which is also in Jasmine de Nuit, is soft and warm and creamy, without having the slightest hint of musk. Very beneficial and soothing.

So the beginning of Jasmin de Nuit already plunges me into an intense chain of associations and at the same time I am happy that the fragrance does not develop into a nasty, stabbing artificial jasmine monster as feared, but even has a very unusual, at the same time pleasant and interesting prelude
Already happy and full of enthusiasm I suddenly frown a bit: What is this? What is pushing itself into the foreground? Iiih, a funny pungent musty smell artificial citrus cleaner. Oh, no, should it be over with the feel-good factor by now? Fortunately not, the impression disappears as fast as it came. Obviously bergamot and mandarin had to be reordered and connected to the cardamom first.

The further course is a continuous blessing: I can smell out all the ingredients listed in the pyramid, without one being particularly in the foreground. Together they smell incredibly soft, warm and spicy, calming and slightly sweet. The citric components remain for many hours and prevent the fragrance from becoming dull, heavy or musty. I find Jasmin de Nuit very natural. It's the softest jasmine I've ever smelled and it blends in wonderfully, so it never comes to the fore.

The Sillage is already tidy and also the durability leaves nothing to be desired. In the morning I have applied until late in the evening not the desire to spray.

Jasmin de Nuit would probably have topped the Cola variety in the Pez dispenser for me.
7.5 10.0 3.0/10

Epices de Nuit
It's always a bad sign when you look forward to the disappearance from your skin of the scent you are currently wearing. Alas, this is the case with EPICES DE NUIT, er, JASMIN DE NUIT by The Different Company.

Well, this one is different: no argument there, and some wearers will delight in this mélange of star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, and probably everything else in the spice drawer, along with a few jasmine petals. My impression is that perfumer was trying to plump up the indolic facet of the jasmine through the skillful use of hard-hitting spices. The effect, to my nose, is rather like the athlete who plies himself with hormones in order to win the race, but later is exposed, forced to retreat from public life in ignominy.

In perfect comformity with Murphy's law of perfume (according to which everything I love is discontinued and everything I hate has infinite longevity) this composition is so tenacious that I fear only a long, hot bath will relieve my body of the smell. On a positive note: anyone who likes this sort of thing will be happy to learn that even a couple of drops of this parfum masquerading as an edt packs a powerful punch. Although I am trapped in a fog of spice emanations, my sample "cube" is nearly full.

To reiterate: definitely not for me.

by Boszka79