Sublime Balkiss (2008)

Sublime Balkiss by The Different Company
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Sublime Balkiss is a perfume by The Different Company for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Céline Ellena

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Egyptian violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Lilac, Lily-of-the-valley, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesHeather, Cocoa powder, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.09.2019

7.5 5.0 6.0/10

Radiance Bomb
The Different Company SUBLIME BALKISS embodies the quality described by marketers and, hence, perfumistas as "radiance". This is a very, very "radiant" composition, which means, as jtd has astutely observed in one of his reviews, that it packs a big fat punch of iso-E-super. It's truly nose-clearingly strong in this case and makes the listed notes of the composition difficult to identify--aside from violet leaf, which is also in abundance.

I rather like this creation, despite my lack of enthusiasm for "radiance" in some other very popular fragrances, including Lalique ENCRE NOIRE and Hermès TERRE D'HERMES. I am confident that anyone who likes either or both of those compositions--or Escentric Molecules MOLECULE 01--would also like SUBLIME BALKISS.

Is this a chypre? In a word: no. I barely smell any patchouli, the only candidate for a chypre-qualifying note listed. To me, SUBLIME BALKISS is an aromatic radiance bomb strong enough to clear my sinuses. Since it has the same effect, albeit a slightly different scent, this creation reminds me, believe it or not, of those inhalants which people use when they are suffering from a cold so severe that they can hardly breathe.

Would I buy a bottle of this perfume? No, I would not. It may be that I am hypersensitive to the radiance-making components, which is why I smell hardly anything else. I'm guessing that the wide range of reviews of SUBLIME BALKISS, from love to total dismissal, has something to do with whether people are more or less sensitive to iso-E-super.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

A pleasant trip to the past
Sublime Balkiss has brought tears to my eyes, tears of joy. I applied this to my wrist, and the moment I inhaled, I was transported back to when I was 13 and saying goodbye to the first boy I ever loved.

It was a strange occurrence that took a while for me to figure out. Back then I wore a deoderant called Moon Grass by a brand, Impulse. It broke my heart when they discontinued it because I no longer had a scent to remember him by. Seven years on, I've remembered him once again.

Sublime Balkiss is green and refreshing, with a subtle fizzyness. The berries are wonderful and very unique, as is the herbaceously green quality of the scent as it settles on the skin.

This is a somewhat odd fruity scent, almost alien in nature. I'm quite excited for Spring and Summer which will allow me to test this fragrance in a different environment.

While fruity, earthy and slightly floral, Sublime Balkiss gives me a clean sensation. A sense of purity and happiness.

As this fragrance dries down, lily of the valley and wet, earthy patchouli becomes more prominent. I unfortunately didn't sense the leather note that some reviewers have raved about previously.

I agree strongly with other reviewers who have stated, although "Sublime Balkiss is classified as a chypre - it is more of an aquatic floral". It indeed has a slight watery feel that is very obvious to my nose.

The lasting power and sillage are very good and I'm actually very impressed with Celine Ellena's brand and composition. I'm eager to test more from The Different Company in the future.

Lexa 7 months ago
Fresh crushed green leaves,and a lemonade with blackberries. The scent is citrus floral fruity ,an absolute summer joy.Perfect tehnics.

by Heavenly85