Hypnotizing Fire 2016

Hypnotizing Fire by The Harmonist
Hypnotizing Fire is a popular perfume by The Harmonist for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPimentoPimento Pepper tree CloveClove
Heart Notes Heart NotesPralinéPraliné Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla OpoponaxOpoponax BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.06.2022.

Drseid
The Name "Hypnotizing Fire" Says It All...
Hypnotizing Fire opens with a blast of fiery red pepper and warm clove spice with hints of benzoin sweetened soft patchouli before gradually transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the soft patchouli enhanced by remnants of the warm spice from the open takes the fore, as dull rose, frankincense-like opoponax and relatively smooth moderately sweet vanilla join in significant support. During the late dry-down the warm spice and dulled rose vacate, leaving remnants of the patchouli to support the now focal smooth vanilla with traces of the opoponax folded into the mix through the lengthy finish. Projection is good to very good and longevity outstanding at well over 20 hours on skin.

Hypnotizing Fire (and The Harmonist house in general) was a complete unknown to me as I was introduced to the perfume at my local Neiman Marcus while there to sample a completely different perfume. When the rep mentioned the house I was immediately skeptical, but one spray of Hypnotizing Fire made me a very quick believer. The perfume's published notes are pretty spot-on, with the real focus being some sublime soft patchouli, frankincense-like opoponax and smooth vanilla at its core. There isn't a lot of complexity, but while a relatively minimalist concoction, the obscure perfumer Guillaume Flavigny absolutely nails the execution of the top-notch quality ingredients. I wish the rest of The Harmonist house offerings I sampled impressed as much as this one, but while Hypnotizing Fire was the only winner I sniffed, it is superb smelling enough to hold up the small house on its merits alone. The bottom line is the $295 per 50ml refillable bottle Hypnotizing Fire certainly hypnotized this writer, earning an "outstanding" 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5 rating and a strong recommendation, particularly to soft patchouli lovers who enjoy compositions like Javanese Patchouli by Zegna.

Peppery Wood
This is definitely a unique fragrance. I would say it is unisex, as I can see my husband also wearing it. It smells like vanilla, spicy woods on me. There’s a little bit of smoke, which is probably just the pepper showing through. I’m surprised at myself for liking this scent as much as I do.

It’s an ingenious concoction, actually. I’m not sure I would buy it unless you husband also likes wearing it, but I am definitely enjoying wearing it today. The longevity so far, is excellent and keeps going strong in my day with no end in sight.

Sillage is also very good. I’ve washed my hands several times and it does not come off my wrists. The bottle is amazingly beautiful, which I don’t actually own. I have a sample.

I would say this is a worth it perfume to have on hand, especially if you and your spouse share perfumes.

The fragrance lasted more than 9 hours, ending with a very pleasant vanilla woodsy scent.

50scents
The Harmonist "Hypnotizing Fire"
Sampled this scent to a dinner party with very little expectation and recieved compliments all night. Sillage and projection are incredible. The scent is shared and both men and women can rock this with confidence. It doesn't lean toward either gender in my opinion. Men and women asked me the name if it all night. As for the notes, they were blended in a way that nothing really stood out, but maybe a spicey floral with some woods to balance it out. Definitely worth checking out.

by Lollipop445
by Lollipop445

Popular by The Harmonist

Moon Glory by The Harmonist Royal Earth by The Harmonist Yin Transformation (Parfum) by The Harmonist Magnetic Wood by The Harmonist Golden Wood by The Harmonist Sun Force by The Harmonist Guiding Water by The Harmonist Velvet Fire by The Harmonist Matrix Metal by The Harmonist Desired Earth by The Harmonist Sacred Water by The Harmonist Metal Flower by The Harmonist Yin Transformation (Eau de Parfum) by The Harmonist