Grape Pearls 2016

Grape Pearls by The House of Oud
Grape Pearls is a popular perfume by The House of Oud for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFloral notes, Blueberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrape, Grape leaf, Rose, Coffee bean
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, White musk, Indonesian oud

Submitted by Frlsmilla, last update on 24.09.2020.

Let the grape kiss you!
Hello guys, today I'm coming to a brand I've often heard about, but never had the opportunity to test one of its fragrances. I'm talking about The House of Oud, from which I would certainly have kept the greatest possible distance, especially in the past, because as a newcomer I had rather traumatic experiences with the unconventional and sometimes quite pungent and oppressively smelling Oud and therefore kept a long distance from all scents with Oud for a while. That's why I coined the phrase "Oud not good!" :DD

Well, over time I still tested Oud from time to time. While here at Parfumo I became a nuisance over time, my sense of smell also developed further, so that I didn't exclude oud from the outset, because there were (or are) good smelling oud scents. But of course the evil or penetrating smelling ouds remained evil :D

Anyway, for some time now I've arrived at a point where I try almost everything that comes under my nose and I've also reached the last evolutionary stage of being a pain in the ass (you'll notice by my comments, he he). So today I'm finally going to try something of this highly acclaimed brand, which looks very inviting with its more than striking bottle alone.

The first fragrance I try now is Grape Pearls, a grape fragrance that is described to delight the senses as if delicious grapes were kissing the lips of the tasters. Well, I'd rather have my lips kissed by a pretty woman, but that's another story again... *sigh* :D

The fragrance:
I know this may be psychological now, but the first impression here was the smell of a wine, which of course could also have something to do with the alcoholic tail that you can smell when spraying on some scents. In any case, one can clearly smell grapes here, but also other fruity notes. In the background I quickly smell coffee, which smells nice, with floral green notes and a slight sweetness that smells of amber.
A little later it becomes slightly alcoholic again, as the scent then smells of fermenting fruits, which may sound a little negative, but in reality smells quite nice. In addition there is a little bit of Oud, which I find quite okay and also suitable to the fragrance.
In the end it smells a bit stronger like oud, so that oud becomes one of the main scents of the base. The scent is warm and gentle, as it also smells of slightly powdery vanilla. The sweetness, which is not very intense, comes meanwhile from the musk instead of the amber (and of course still from the vanilla). It smells less like grapes or fruits in general in the base. All in all, a beautiful, dark fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, so that one is surrounded by a nice fragrance cloud, which for a while many people can smell good on. The shelf life is also very good, as the fragrance lasted longer than ten hours with me.

The bottle:
Wow, the bottle... first of all the gold-plated container is rectangular, narrow and covered with great patterns, and the brand name is written on the bottom. But the lid is the real eye-catcher. This is oval, looks like a mineral and is hand-painted, where the paint was applied layer by layer to create this look of intertwined colors, which, incidentally, makes each lid look individual. A very, very nice bottle!

Okay, so the scent's gotten pretty nice. I think, however, that he could not meet everyone's taste, because not everyone likes scents like alcoholic, fermenting fruits, or even Oud. Otherwise, however, the fragrance smells nice and above all looks like a nice night scent in autumn.

The fragrance seems unisex to me and reminds me of fragrances like Atelier Colognes Gold Leather, of course with differences like that Gold Leather for example also has leather notes (of course, it's also called Gold Leather :D). In any case such scents are always something different, because they are not to be found all too frequently in this form.

I would advise you to test this scent, even if, like me, you shouldn't be a very big Oud fan, because you can never know if you like a scent despite some Oud in the end!

So I'll close for tonight and wish you, well,... a nice evening :)

HermeshHermesh 2 years ago
With all its density and sweetness, it doesn't appear overloaded, but opens up different facets (wine, jam, finally vanilla). Fine!

by Twinkle
by Twinkle
by Kankuro
by Kankuro

Popular The House of Oud

Dates Delight by The House of Oud Golden Powder by The House of Oud Almond Harmony by The House of Oud Red Storm by The House of Oud Crop Edition 2016 by The House of Oud The Time by The House of Oud Just Before by The House of Oud Wonderly by The House of Oud Wind Heat by The House of Oud Empathy by The House of Oud Live In Colours by The House of Oud Cypress Shade by The House of Oud Rock 'n' Rouge by The House of Oud Blessing Silence by The House of Oud Breath of the Infinite by The House of Oud Each Other by The House of Oud What About Pop by The House of Oud Crop Edition 2017 by The House of Oud Keep Glazed by The House of Oud Up To The Moon by The House of Oud