Arabesque by The Merchant Of Venice
Top 16 in Unisex Perfume
Arabesque is a popular perfume by The Merchant Of Venice for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Mavive.

Top Notes Top NotesGingerGinger
Tobacco leafTobacco leaf
PlumPlum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamonCinnamon
CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
MuskMusk

Submitted by Labormaus, last update on 17.10.2021.

Magic from the bottle
I could actually write a super long review here, so many emotions triggers the fragrance with me. But I will try in the following to keep it short.
When I sprayed the sample of Arabesque the first time, I had no great expectations. Although I like to test oriental fragrances, but usually I feel then either like a spice rack or I find the fragrances simply unwearable.
At the first spray, I was met with a beast of a scent. Loud, very spicy and oriental. These were all my first impressions.
BUT Arabesque keeps transforming in such magical ways and really seems so complex that new thoughts flash through my mind quickly.
So the first thing I smelled was v.a. spicy, lots of cinnamon and also quite a strong tobacco or the tobacco leaf, which I really like and makes the scent insanely interesting. I was looking for a long time for a tobacco fragrance that suits me and am glad to have found at least a great autumn / winter fragrance that has such a portable tobacco.
Lots of cinnamon then, strong tobacco and a very ripe, sweet plum. Yum!!! I inevitably think of a plum dessert dusted with cinnamon, exclusive, expensive, not a cheap ready-made dessert.
At the point Arabesque gives me the same feeling as Lira: high-quality delicious, without becoming pappsüß zu, just exactly right dosage.
As the fragrance continues, it becomes sweeter and the spice is only in the background, accompanying. In addition, the fragrance has a very fine, subliminal smoke note, which rounds off everything so great and also gives a certain edge there.
After hours on the skin I perceive a v.a. sweet smell, very vanilla and noble. I guess it's benzoin?! I don't know too much about benzoin, but I know that I smelled exactly the same wonderfully sweet scent in Rojas Nüwa as I did here. And there's benzoin in there, too, after all. Of course, both scents are very different, just the kind of sweetness reminds me a lot.
Arabesque is actually most similar to Tobacco Vanilla, which I didn't think was bad, but way too tobacco heavy and also a bit too "masculine" for my taste. Arabesque therefore makes a great alternative for those who like it sweeter. And in the meantime I can also imagine wearing it. Definitely in the cold days (although I found it great now in summer too!) and probably best for going out or just at home. The scent gives me the feeling of security, is totally enveloping, warm and comforting. Simply magical! I hope that this masterpiece may move in with me in time for the coming fall!
Gourmand without vanilla - Tobacco Zimti
times a class Gourmand without the often obligatory vanilla note. But all the more cinnamon. With the Tabacnote one could speak of a Tobacco Zimti... Similarity to the TOM FORD is aufjedenfall given.
Only here a little fresher, more natural and less Plakativ.
The sillage is fantastic. One acts as a Raumbedufter. Only positive feedback
Oriental Prince, best of 2020
I like the spicy sweet category á la Herod, Oajan, Spicebomb extreme, Initio Side Effect, Naxos the best. Arabesque is for me the crowning glory of it!
Herod was my favorite so far, because Side Effect was a bit too sweet. Arabesque is again a corner more oriental and in the sweetness between the two.

In the end, the plum dominates for me, embedded in a fine spice and sweetly packed. The cinnamon&tobacco blend is probably what always grabs me about spicy sweet scents. Longevity and sillage are very good. In the circle of friends Arabesque was also clearly the favorite among many tested fragrances.

The bottle fits, because you smell quasi a day like an oriental prince. Therefore, also less what for every day, but rather occasions. Except of course...
The packaging with the old map on the inside and the sea routes out of Venice is very nicely done :)

Can give a strong test recommendation if you even remotely like one of the scents mentioned at the beginning!
Simply enchanting
Arabesque from The Merchant of Venice

The Merchant of Venice. The name gives away the origin of the fragrance house. The house, which was founded in Venice only in 2014, actually continues the perfumery art of Venice. In fact, Venice had been creating perfumes since time immemorial. Goods from Asia and the Orient arrived in the city through the Silk Road and were used, among other things, for fragrances. Today you can visit the Perfume Museum in Venice which illustrates the ancient art of perfumery. If I find the way another time to Venice, I will not miss it in any case.

The first acquaintance with this wonderful fragrance I had at our offline meeting with a dear user whose signature scent this is. She wore this that day and I always had this wonderful scent in my nose. Eventually I had a bottling to test and eventually couldn't help but have it myself.

Top notes: ginger, tobacco leaf, plum
Heart notes: cinnamon, tonka bean, cedar
Base notes: benzoin, vetiver, musk

At the first spray comes a slightly sweetish note. Which is indebted to a mixture of the plum with the tobacco leaf. I personally can not smell out ginger specifically. As it progresses, the sweet note reaches its peak which ends just in the right place for my taste as I don't like overly sweet scents. The scent has a smoky undertone to it. All in all, it is such an excellent composition as the individual scents blend together to form a complete unit. Absolutely brilliant. As it progresses, it becomes beautifully powdery and you feel velvety dressed. Velvety would be the perfect description for this fragrance.

The scent reminds me, also oriental, not of a souk like my Blue Amber does. But rather of the desert and the Bedouins, the camels and dromedaries. This scent is sensual, mysterious and has a certain depth to it. This scent also catapults me to my travels, this time to the desert. Of the camel ride in Morocco, the sunset and when we stayed in the desert in Oman. The moonlight and the cold sand between our toes and far and wide only the mystical desert punctuated by the moonlight and the light of camp. This is arabesque.

I personally find Arabesque a unisex fragrance with the slight tendency into the feminine. Projection and durability are bombastic. After 10-11 hours, the fragrance starts to become close to the body. I would assign this fragrance to the cold and also the cooler season even if I personally don't care. But I think times that it could be in high summer e weng much.

The bottle from the Murano Collection is inspired by the Ca' d'oro Palace in Venice, which originally had a dark blue painting with golden stone carvings on the facade. The bottle is very very classy and it is one of the prettiest bottles in my small collection. And heavy it is too. On the neck hangs a palette with the name of the fragrance and the lid represents a wind rose that is engraved on the head. I must say that I am very enthusiastic about this flacon art. But also the packaging is very beautifully held.

I hope very much that in the course of time the sweetish note is not strengthened and that I can have long pleasure in the fragrance.

More than 1001 Nights!
The Merchant of Venice is an Italian perfume house that has unfortunately gained little attention until now.
If you get reviews from Italian perfume houses, then these are Tiziana Terenzi or Xerjoff.
Unbiased I got me a bottling to form an opinion on the Tobacco Vanilla twin.
Initially I feel a very penetrating and sweet note (probably plum), which reminds me strangely of Baccarat Rouge.
In the drydown, the tobacco / cinnamon nuances increase more and more, which is why the fragrance takes on an oriental base, as you would imagine or even wish.
H/S are outstanding!

If Floriental of CdG lt. JF is the Arabian prince, then this is the Arabian king/queen!

Beautiful addiction!
My #scentoftheday is beautiful creation called "Arabesque" by the great house The Merchant of Venice.

Footsteps in the snow, sunkissed face..and smell of the ripe plums wrapped in finest tobacco leaves at first, sprinkled with just enough cinnamon on top with benzoin, tonka and musks as the most prominent notes in the dry-down. Just a perfect harmony! This fragrance makes me happy!

On me it lasted around 7/8 hours with nice moderate/leaning-heavy sillage, especially in the first 2 hours!

I heard some people are comparing this with Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, let's say I can see why but I don't agree.
This fragrance, in my opinion, is more complex and much more profound than one aformentioned. Also, musks and plum are giving this creation completely another vibe! For me, this goes in my top 3 favorite Tobacco fragrances. Period.
I must have him
This is the most beautiful fragrance for me that I personally tried in 2020. And the list of wonderful fragrances is long... but one had too much oud, the other too little, too woody, too sweet
But Arabesque has everything in perfect harmony. It's oriental , but not too loud, it's woody but not too scratchy, it's fruity but not too citridch. The opening is a sweet, ripe plum, later joined by cinnamon and tonka, which also remain until the end. A "must have" for me
Diet inhibitor
Strange title, isn't it? Well, I'll be happy to explain that further down. But first I want to tell you briefly how I came to this olfactory treasure.

Around Arabesque I was already sneaking around virtually a short time after I registered here. The whole package sounded too tempting. Tobacco, plum, cinnamon and other nasal treats that support this trio. Tonkabohne is right at the forefront, and despite its felt omnipresence in winter and unfortunately also summer pedestrian zones, it is really great here. And then, of course, there's this very stylish bottle. Based on the classic Venetian vase shape; with Arabic pattern and the colours of Venice: blue and gold. I don't know if this is off-the-shelf glass after all, but I like to imagine that it was probably hand-blown and hand-painted somewhere in a factory by the water. The price would certainly justify it.

So where does the title come from? Well, the first thing you can sniff, especially if you press your nose against your wrist, is the impression of some dry tobacco and tasty plums and delicious sweetness. But Arabesque really puts you in a good mood in the air around you. In projection and sillage. Have you ever walked past your mom's kitchen when she was preparing some candy and the smell was already in the air? That's how I feel about arabesque. All day long I take a gentle whiff of pudding with fruit. Okay, a pudding that accidentally had tobacco instead of chocolate sprinkles. Only it doesn't hurt the whole thing. It prevents, I think, Arabesque from degenerating into a simple treat. You can smell all this for a long time, by the way. Really very long. Sprayed yesterday at noon during the break, the scent was still there this morning. That's a nice way to wake up.
Minty Tobacco Plum - Big Cinema on Sunday Afternoon
I had already written off this scent for myself. "Cute" is in the description, cinnamon in the pyramid. I shouldn't like that one.

Nevertheless, I had taken part in a sharing. After the sprayer had run out during shipping and the envelope smelled only disgustingly sweet and vanilla, I was sure: God hadn't intended this scent for me.

Now I could test him. Jakobolino, thank you for this wonderful Sunday surprise.
For months I haven't had such a direct hit under my nose.

I smell Tonka and Benzoe of the most pleasant kind. The Tonkanote does not go in the direction of bitter almond (and has also nothing of the antibiotic juice to the self-stirring, which I perceive otherwise with Tonka sometimes). Instead, the notes underline the fullness, spiciness and astringency of the tobacco and take everything herbaceous away from it. Like Sweetsmell I smell mint, probably this is the delicate spiciness of ginger.

The perfect player of tobacco in this fragrance is a fruity plum. Not a plum in a cake, but a plum on a tree. Cinnamon is capitalized in the pyramid. As a cinnamon fugitive, this spice should bother me. But it doesn't. Instead, I only suspect a hint of cinnamon that accentuates the plum
Unexpectedly, I found my tobacco scent this afternoon, which goes in a completely different direction than I thought up before
Arabesque vs. Oajan vs. Dates Delight
I'm a self-confessed gourmand fan!
I like all three of them! A certain resemblance is definitely there. But the winner at the moment is Arabesque! In terms of Sillage, durability and craftsmanship! Simply delicious, full of gourmand, beautifully balanced, definitely a feast for the soul for winter days!:)
To all sweet beaks, clear recommendation to buy!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 23 days ago
After a juicy spicy-fruity opening, this warm and dusty, oriental earthy-spicy Fall fragrance, settles to a creamy/sweet resinous-woody base
TOPTOP 27 days ago
This perfume is very pleasant, it's a nice version of tobacco - vanilla with lots of cinnamon and plum, tuned all to the orient. Very nice
OmardoOmardo 7 months ago
Wow. a fruity version of the tobacco/cinnamon combination which is already good in Herod or TV.
sweet, oriental, complex. Outstanding!
MariaSMariaS 9 months ago
It’s like tobacco vanille, but instead of vanilla it has sweet plum and lots of cinnamon. Amazing fragrance with great performance!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
Sweet bright opening with ginger and plum. Alluring drydown with a delicious tonka bean with cinnamon. Sensual musk in the base. Cozy scent.
MyhorsesMyhorses 5 years ago
A smooth, soft and much more feminine version of Tom Ford's best seller Tobacco Vanille in a beautiful Murano bottle.

by Amylovesyou
by Bole
by RobK
by RobK

Popular The Merchant Of Venice

La Fenice pour Femme by The Merchant Of Venice Suave Petals by The Merchant Of Venice Andalusian Soul by The Merchant Of Venice Asian Inspirations by The Merchant Of Venice Rosa Moceniga by The Merchant Of Venice Venezia Essenza pour Homme by The Merchant Of Venice Rococò by The Merchant Of Venice Byzantium Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by The Merchant Of Venice Nobil Homo - Esperidi Water by The Merchant Of Venice La Fenice pour Homme by The Merchant Of Venice Mandarin Carnival by The Merchant Of Venice Mystic Incense by The Merchant Of Venice Venezia Essenza pour Femme by The Merchant Of Venice Nobil Homo - Ottoman Amber by The Merchant Of Venice Flower Fusion by The Merchant Of Venice Blue Tea by The Merchant Of Venice Liberty by The Merchant Of Venice Vanilla Orchid (Eau de Parfum Concentrée) by The Merchant Of Venice Vanilla Orchid (Eau de Toilette) by The Merchant Of Venice Vinegia by The Merchant Of Venice