Rosa Moceniga by The Merchant Of Venice
Rosa Moceniga is a popular perfume by The Merchant Of Venice for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-green. It is being marketed by Mavive.

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Sicilian bergamot, Blackcurrant leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Magnolia, Lotus
Base Notes Base NotesRose, Musk, White cedar, Vanilla absolute, Crystal amber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.07.2020.

Fog
Haven't seen you in a while, darling. One, two years? Ah, let's face it, it's been exactly three years, six days and eight hours. I'm counting because it counts for me. Not for you, you say? After all this time, still with you in your thoughts, it's crazy, right? You're right, it's madness, or just nonsense, a sentimental prank of my thoughts. Listen, time is something timeless - not seeing you or seeing you every day, what's the difference? I'll leave you alone, don't worry. Two lone wolves, I cry out for you, may your pulse beat with mine, have mercy, you are missing so much, I lose myself and don't even know where to go - I - I'll stop already. It's just that... the bottle is almost empty, will you give it to me again? I'll pay for it too, you promise me. I'm wearing the dress you like, don't you like it anymore? I'm not angry. I just want to talk to you. Or to keep quiet, that's fine too, please let me stay, just until tomorrow morning...or longer if you like?
Don't you love me at all? I shouldn't have said that, I know it's nonsense... do you still live with your brother? Maybe I can come over, it's your birthday soon and - that's right, you don't like that. Alright, I'll... let you know, okay? We could be together... or alone, be together and listen to music, like we used to.
What do you mean, you're...? Oh, I see. No, no, no problem, I'm happy for you - for you, of course! I, I just thought... you and me, so we... Yeah, I get it.

I wanted to go to Ecuador with you. Walk in the jungle, belly full of melons and frosting. Build a raft, maybe, and chug it past lush rose fields. See geckos and parrots, go dancing and sing Spanish at the top of your lungs. I wanted to buy lemons at the market with you and light leather shoes to match your honey-eyes. Ixj wanted to sweat in the hammock with you and turn me in circles until we get sick. I only had to smell me once after you gave me a bottle of perfume and I was there with you, right there. And I smelled like roses and leather and melons and sugar and just everything that we were meant to be. And then you were gone before the bottle was empty and now I'm standing here and going to Ecuador and I can't leave you at home because your story is kind of my story too, at least for a few minutes
Serenissima
a clear fragrance development full of grace
Rosaries still cast a great spell on me. Particularly those embedded in nature and landscape and at the same time intended as a "botanical garden"; such as Sangerhausen.
Many years ago, it was 1980, we went on holiday in Baden near Vienna and stayed in a hotel directly at the Rosarium.
The memory of the hotel is mixed (the thumb pointing a little downwards), the rosarium I still remember as a great donor of joy.
Now at the beginning of June it was just the time when the "degree of maturity" of the individual rose varieties and blossoms could be followed wonderfully every day. And that's what we did every day on the way to the city or only during wonderful walks through the Doblhoffpark
The different bud shapes alone were fascinating: small, thick and round, very narrow, slender, twisted - nature has many variations in shape and color.

The symbol of the rose: widely blossoming, with velvety petals in dark red, with perhaps still isolated dew or raindrops, which sit like pearls on the plush surface The only thing missing is the young knight on the white horse, decorated with a mezzotint saddlecloth, who is languishing on this rose. Because of course a shy young lady had handed them over to him!
A picture, like from a medieval glass window or book!
And certainly the young man will sing under her window at night!

This rose, which can be classified sensually and even erotically, cannot be found in "Rosa Moceniga" by "The Merchant of Venice".
My picture of this rose fragrance, because he also draws pictures, is here really dominated by the photo of the company: the last curve of the Canal Grande, this one completely covered with blooming pink roses!
At the end of the canal you can of course see the church Santa Maria della Salute and the Dogana in their impressive beauty!
(Advertising influences very much!)

"Rosa Moceniga" carries the finer, but not more worthless pink pink in its fragrance.
Flowers of almost perfect shape, a harmony in fragrance, shape and color is offered here.
And already with the first acquaintance this fragrant beauty shows up: like a pretty young woman, almost still a girl! A certain innocence accompanies this rose fragrance.
Bergamot is an excellent accompaniment and the slightly bitter-green hue of the black currant leaf has also been skilfully selected.
(How often did I chew on these leaves as a child? Don't ask me for what reason: probably "just so!")
This Entrée leads to a stronger rose aroma; it is more than a touch of rose - the power of the fragrance, however, lends a little earthiness to a very airy creation.
That's good! Magnolia and also lotus are quite floating scent spirits, as good as they fit here!
They are captured a little and bound in the scent process before another flowering rose bush stands out from a lively mixture of musk, golden amber and warm sensual vanilla!
Rose fragrance and amber lights, decorated with slightly erotic vanilla and musk, are rounded off with woody cedar wort.

A beautiful fragrance finale that is certainly not spectacular, but very, very graceful and feminine.
Every woman who likes softer rose scents will be delighted by this composition of the Venetian perfumers I love so much.
They have created an enchanting bouquet that will certainly be reclassified as "mainstream". But why not?

Even though my rose affine time is over, I'm still happy about this beautiful, light-footed rose scent, which doesn't even make you think of half closed "bedroom eyes" and sensual lips!
Maybe that's what I like about "Rosa Moceniga"!
But of course the durability is again only "Venetia like": we know that meanwhile and with these flacons spraying is a pleasure, just by the contact with the glass!

Because also this flacon is, as always with "The Merchant of Venice", a dream from Muranoglas.
Due to the rose motif, which is based on Art Deco, he looks fragile and very delicate - feminine through and through!
It is the femininity of a perhaps even sporty young woman; the "odalisque" is left out here for once.

So for me "Rosa Moceniga" is a fragrance that tells a little story and nourishes the always subliminal longing for Venice.
This is certainly one of the reasons why I appreciate most of the fragrance creatures of this company and am more tolerant towards them than some of our neutral testers.

It was worth it to get to know this rose, although it is a bit too young and dancing for me.
For well-known reasons, namely by my meanwhile together collected life years, I leave in the meantime the fingers of rose smells. We don't correspond with each other like this anymore.
But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a rose scent like this!
He is a sympathetic companion through day and night.
And without playing itself particularly into the foreground, the rosy breath is nevertheless present at its wearer:
she will be remembered

The creator of this fragrance experience receives a "rose cup" from me!
(Which hopefully he won't fill with water from the Canal Grande.)
An unpretentious queen
I dedicate this comment to a dear Parfuma, who let me participate in this fragrance. Thank you, dear Walti. Slowly you get me :)

About the fragrance: Rosa Moceniga starts less fresh than I expected. Ok most floral scents show as first citric-fresh notes. But here I mean to additionally hear the tender sweetness of orange blossoms. Right from the start, the fragrance has something fruity and juicy that makes it so incredibly attractive and nasal.
Although I love (and secretly speculated on) the smell of currants, their leaves and especially the fruity scent of the young wood, it is precisely this that remains hidden from my nose. But Rosa M. remains noble in the flower sector and does not slip into the gourmand.
The queen of all flowers is of stronger stature here. There are far more fragile rose scents. Increasingly strengthened by vanilla and amber, the fragrance evolves with linear constancy into a warm, elegant - almost historical - slightly sweetened rose magic. The clinically pure, innocent in many rose fragrances appears less here and I get along with Rosa Moceniga much better than with other representatives of this genus.

Shelf life: 9 hours and longer. Considerable performance

The fragrance trail: Two splashes are enough for me. The Sillage is still very well perceptible in the middle to upper range and the smell from a meter distance. (partner test) Due to its pronounced suitability for everyday use, it is certainly a pleasure even in higher dosages.

Conclusion: A feminine companion, unagitated, accessible and due to its noblesse and decency predestined for everyday use. And even though he didn't steal my booty schema, he was slowly stealing into my heart.

Namaste
Enveloping Rose
I got to spend my last birthday in Venice.
I am an absolute rose fragrance fan... and what's close? The fragrance test of Rosa Moceniga in VENICE :)

Once sprayed on, a delicate touch of bergamot already flies towards me... a very fresh, sun-kissed, still green bergamot ...

The seductive red rose sneaks up on me and embraces me from behind, very sweet and tender... She kisses me everywhere and dances with the bergamot around me, seductively and gently...

From a distance I recognize the magnolia, also light and delicate, on the hand the small lotus blossom, very young and innocent....

Slowly they join us, but they prefer to stay in the background... The stage belongs to the duet of Bergamot and Rose...

shyly, vanilla also sees us and honours us with its fine sweet company... until the end...

A wonderful fresh and fine delicate rose scent with light sweetness.... HImmlish

Rosa Moceniga was allowed to come home with me and reminds me of the great birthday in Venice :)
Santalwalti
A great day for Alessandro and his 'Rosa Verde', the 'Green Rose'...
Alessandro is very excited because today is a big day for him. He expects many visitors in his lovingly arranged rose garden, which he has prepared especially beautifully for this occasion. His daughters and his son arrived yesterday to support him, decorated everything nicely and set up small tables with seats. After they have guided the guests through the garden and explained to them this and that about the different types of roses, coffee and pastries are to be served. And last but not least they will handle the hopefully successful sale of his roses; in the meantime he will talk to one or the other colleague about the latest news from the world of rose growing. Alessandro could only pray for the right weather. And obviously his prayer has not been in vain: The sun shines on this day from a clear blue sky and also the temperatures should not exceed the 25°... it can't get any better.

After years of hard work, Alessandro has made a name for himself as a rose grower in his homeland and throughout Lombardy. And finally, finally, he has managed the great success of breeding his own rose, which meets the extremely high demands of the Commission of the Italian Rose Breeders' Association. The trained landscape gardener, who only in his middle age dared to make his rose hobby his profession and since then has been exclusively engaged in the cultivation of roses, received the certificate only a few days ago by post. Full of pride he looks again and again at this certificate, so important for him, which he has placed behind a glass frame and hung above the large buffet in the living room. A letter from a Venetian perfume manufacturer has also arrived today because she is interested in his new rose and is considering making a perfume. He hasn't told his kids about it yet. You have to think about it in peace, because that would mean considerably expanding the existing area of your rose fields. How proud Carla, his wife, would have been of him...

In order to win the coveted award for his new breeding, the rose was planted in several sighting gardens and had to be tested over a period of three years for its frost resistance, its flowering behaviour and its health and robustness. The beauty and also the scent of the flower play a certain role, but the seal of quality is only awarded to the breeder whose rose passes all tests with flying colours without any pesticides.
For Alessandro, his rose, which he named 'Rosa Verde', the 'Green Rose', because of its fragrance and its whitish-green hues, is particularly valuable because its flower, its overall appearance and its fragrance are unique. He has travelled a lot in Europe, met many rose growers and visited the largest rose gardens. But never has he ever seen such a calyx as his rose, whose petals are pervaded by the green of the stem and clothed in white green velvet and nestle perfectly within one another. It is also unusual that this rose already suggests its musky odeur in the half-opened state - but only for those who bend down very close to it. And when the blossom opens completely, a beguiling fragrance spreads that is second to none. A fragrance that even brings out the pale green foliage and rosewood, reminiscent of a lemon grove shining in the sun and of birds buzzing around in it and singing their cheerful songs.

Yes! His 'Rosa Verde' has become a real beauty.
Full of pride and with a deep feeling of inner happiness, he looks at the large rose field on which his 'Green Rose' is now, at the end of May, in glorious bloom. In his garden he has also planted plenty of magnolias, tulip magnolias. If the rose is considered the queen of flowers, magnolia is the queen of woody plants. It also has a very special fragrance, balsamic-sweet and with a delicate hint of citrus; in addition, it has the slightly bitter smell so typical of magnolia woods. That goes well with the roses. And closer to the house, near the spacious terrace, there are currant trees, which he brings into shape every autumn in a particularly accurate way. His house is picturesquely situated on the small hill "Collina di Monza", on the east side of which there are three ancient cedars. They also carry their spicy, almost resinous scent into his house, which Alessandro loves.

He has already imagined how the visitors would unconsciously absorb this special mixture of scents and especially the scent of its green-white velvet roses, being inspired by it, chatting comfortably, laughing, drinking coffee and enjoying the beauty of life. But sadness and melancholy also creep into Alessandro's heart on this great day. His dear wife, who unfortunately can't live to see this day anymore, is so missing today that it causes him physical pain. That's why he wished Larissa, his oldest, very pretty daughter, who fortunately inherited the talent for baking from her mother, the 'Bomboloni alla Crema'. It was his wife's favourite pastry, and what could go better with the scent of the velvety green-white roses than the aroma of these deliciously fragrant doughnuts made of sweet yeast dough filled with a vanilla butter cream?
Here is the link to a short promotional film by the Italian perfume manufacturer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHl_5P_P8Y
DonJuanDeCat
What the hell are petals again?
Today I introduce to you Rosa Moceniga from The Merchant of Venice. Maybe you are wondering what a "Mocenigo Rose" is, right? Well, I'll try to explain it to you, but it's going to be something... I don't complain about my poor botanical knowledge all the time in my comments for nothing, so I can't guarantee that what I'm about to describe is quite correct :D

Aaaalso: The Mocegnio Rose, which may sound like Mocca but is not a coffee speciality with a rose flavour :D, is a hardy and very old rose and is related to the Chinese Rose, which is often called Old Blush. Therefore the Mocenigo is often confused (or at least was confused in the past) with the Old Blush, because they look very similar. The only difference is that the Mocenigo has one petal less than the Old Blush. Soo... ahaaa, petals are those COLOURFUL and usually large leaves that are nice to look at and usually give the flowers their characteristic appearance. Okay I get it!
*that must be noticed*
What is nice, by the way, is that these roses have very strong and intense pink shades, the saturation of which appears more or less bright in each plant due to the different degree of aging. And they were named after an Italian or Venetian merchant family from the 18th century who grew these roses in their gardens.

Well,... as I said, I don't give any guarantee if I have just written absolute nonsense :D

Therefore I come back to the description of the fragrance, before I forget for example, what a petal was again... :D

The smell:
At the beginning one perceives quite intense rose notes. These also smell slightly acidic, so it is possible that somehow "everything" of the rose can be smelled here, probably the leaves and so on were also included. Even though I personally am not a big rose fan, I have to say that this doesn't smell that bad at all. For a tiny moment I even smell a tea scent, which I associate with bergamot, which might seem a bit like tea to me.
Otherwise it still smells of roses, but in the background it also smells of other floral notes that (for me) cannot be further defined.
Basically, the fragrance remains quite rosy, with woody notes in the base, which you can also recognize as cedar if you smell it closely. The scent is less sweetish, although it should have a subtle, powdery sweetness, which should come from amber and vanilla (although this sweetness seems to increase a bit more in the later base).

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is strongly guessed, so that you can smell the rose scent from afar. I think for a while a bigger scent cloud will remain.
I also found the shelf life of over eight hours quite good.

The bottle! The flacon is similar to a vase or lamp, because the flacon itself looks like a vase, but due to the semicircular and white lid it looks like a lamp. It is "covered" with pink rose petal motifs and thus somehow looks like a hip designer vase (or lamp). The brand name can be found on the gold-plated neck, where a gold-plated cord was also attached. A really nice looking bottle.

Sooo, for a rose scent I find the scent pretty good. However, if you are a fan of these scratchy flowers, you have to try it yourself and then judge, because I'm not wearing any rose scents as a guy and I haven't tested that many rose scents, so I don't know how a rose scent should really smell to be considered good. Or in other words: many people seem to feel very different about rose scents, so a test like mentioned is very important if you like rose scents, so don't order blindly :)
But in short, for me personally it doesn't smell bad :D
Otherwise, I feel this fragrance like a flowery all-rounder for every season, although it should perhaps have a more springlike effect.

Hm... well... the only question that remains is why so many ladies are into roses at all. Maybe so that we guys at the flower-gifting party have it easier, because it's easier to name roses than other flowers? Or that guys only know roses as flowers anyway? Question after question...! Or is it the look of these flowers that you ladies like so much?

Hmm... from the "design" point of view I find other flowers simply more beautiful,... tulips for example and yes, damn... I know what tulips are, tsss.... :D

Alessandros 'Rosa Verde' - zartgrüne, geheimnisvolle Rose (die grünen Bommeln heißen  Dianthus Barbatus)
by Santalwalti
...eine der schönsten Duftrosen • one of the most beautiful scented roses
by Pluto
by Pluto
Wie schön du bist...  how beautiful you are...
by Heavenly85
by Heavenly85

Popular The Merchant Of Venice

Arabesque by The Merchant Of Venice La Fenice pour Femme by The Merchant Of Venice Asian Inspirations by The Merchant Of Venice Suave Petals by The Merchant Of Venice Venezia Essenza pour Homme by The Merchant Of Venice Andalusian Soul by The Merchant Of Venice Rococò by The Merchant Of Venice Byzantium Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by The Merchant Of Venice La Fenice pour Homme by The Merchant Of Venice Nobil Homo - Ottoman Amber by The Merchant Of Venice Venezia Essenza pour Femme by The Merchant Of Venice Mandarin Carnival by The Merchant Of Venice Mystic Incense by The Merchant Of Venice Flower Fusion by The Merchant Of Venice Nobil Homo - Esperidi Water by The Merchant Of Venice Precious Woods (Eau de Toilette) by The Merchant Of Venice Blue Tea by The Merchant Of Venice Liberty by The Merchant Of Venice Vanilla Orchid (Eau de Toilette) by The Merchant Of Venice Fenicia by The Merchant Of Venice