Enchanted Forest (2012)

Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince

Enchanted Forest is a perfume by The Vagabond Prince for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Davana, Hawthorn, Orange, Pink pepper, Rosemary, Rum, Blackcurrant leaf, Blackcurrant blossom, Wine
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Honeysuckle, Coriander seed, Rose, Blackcurrant, Blackcurrant bud, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Castoreum, Oakmoss, Musk, Opoponax, Patchouli, Fir balsam, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.07.2020.

BelgwenBelgwen 7 years ago

„The Fir Tree”

This perfume reminds me of the “The Fir Tree” story by H.C. Andersen; the story about the beautiful little fir tree who does not know its own beauty or the beauty...
TeaWithMilkTeaWithMilk 7 years ago

„How enchanting can fruit juice be?”

Not very. More people dislike this perfume than care to admit on Fragrantica. I came upon a couple of samples very easily, as people were quite...

ScentDane
A journey to a mysterious and magical forest
True to its name Enchanted Forest transport you to a lush, green, mysterious and inviting forest.

It opens very sweet with a bubblegummy feel to it, but this sweet note settles down to a more fresh, green, sweet and vibrant scent with all the notes (and there is a lot going on) blending together. The dominant note will be the from the black currant though.

Where other forest scents (Tom Ford's Vert series or Fougere d'argent) give a more truer feel of being out in nature or deep in a forest, the sweeter notes in Enchanted Forest really brings about that enchanted and mystical feel to it and makes the scent a great experience. Where other scents dries down to be more woody, Enchanted Forest remains lush and green and more on the gourmandish side.

Enchanted Forest lasts a decent amount on my skin around 6-8 hours and projects well too without being overpowering.

Probably not the best scent for a work environment due to the sweetness of it, but it's perfect for either being outside or when you just want to day dream a bit. Best in early Fall, Spring time or cooler Summer days.

If you like green, fresh scents or gourmands, then Enchanted Forest is definitely worth checking out. If you are a perfume fan then I'd also recommend just giving this a sniff for the sake of experiencing it.

Enchanted Forest
When I got a decant of this back in December 2018 i immediately tried it as I've heard a lot about it but as soon as i sprayed it reminded me of bubble gum and pine which i didn't like at all. Fast forward to present day i decided to wear this again. Now when i sprayed it on i could immediately detect the black currant note, looking at the notes pyramid there are a lot of notes but i only detect Black Currant, Fir, Oak-moss and hint of Vanilla.I have to say this is the best black currant fragrance available but this is not a bottle worthy fragrance for me.
5.5

Nice but too sweet
This is a lovely fragrance, but far too sweet for me. I can completely understand how this might remind someone of a dark Russian forest, when black currants bushes are plentiful and loaded with ripe berries dripping with syrupy sweet juice. There is a lovely woody and resinous drydown. I think it's a beautiful fragrance, and while it's too sweet for me, if my taste ever changes and I desire a super sweet berry-filled forest such as this, I would certainly purchase. The bottle is adorable.
DufterMann
The gates to the mysterious forest open for me too
And once again I couldn't help but buy a fragrance blindly from Mr Duchaufour. But since this one seems to be a Love-it or Hate-it scent, the risk of kissing the ground with the nose was quite high. Thanks to a very dear Parfuma here, I could not resist the offer and have struck. At this point again many thanks. :-)
But since I also like Vert d'Encens so much, my fear of blind buying was a little dammed again.

So the package was quickly scissored and I was greeted by a beautiful square blue cardboard with an opulent golden flower print reminiscent of the painting of the last century. When opened, you are gleamed by the golden mirrored lid, which rests on a black roundish bottle, where again the attention to detail has not been spared. A laughing moon and a sweeping swan already show that the brand also attaches great importance to the presentation. The velvety soft fabric in which the bottle is embedded is the icing on the cake But as we know, it's still about the content, so hand out, gold spray head actuated and up with it.

In the first moments I was a little flabbergasted. No forest far and wide in sight, however a very strong fruity sweet cassis note spreads in my nose. If the fragrance continues to develop like this, it might be better in the future if I do without blind purchases completely. At first I thought I had a woman's scent under my nose again. But if you give the fragrance a little time, the doors open to the exhilarating forest everyone here talks about. Partially dark, gloomy, resinous, then again some sunrays shine through the treetops, one currant bush follows the next and one never has the impression to stroll through an ordinary forest, even if the fir trees here definitely attract attention and together with the cassis note conjure a very unique scent into our trunk. Towards the end it becomes a little creamier, but without missing its main theme. To make things a little easier, I would say that the Vert d'Encens has been dumped in a fruit sorbet of currants.
The shelf life of just over 6 hours is in the good mid-range. The projection is very strong in the first 1-2 hours before he withdraws bit by bit. Just right and discreetly dosed, it can also be worn in the office. In my eyes he is wearable in casual outfit, as well as in a suit.

So I would say: mission successful and I can still trust my nose for blind purchases. ;-)
Barely sniffed, already enchanted
Sometimes I have strange desires. Recently, I felt like a green, woody, tannic fragrance - completely off my beaten track - and I came across Enchanted Forest. Thanks to a dear Parfuma my wish was fulfilled immediately and I had the opportunity to test it in all peace. Thank you, you love!

I spent many summers in Sweden's woods. I wandered. Enjoying nature and silence. The forest. The lakes. The rippling streams. I collected mushrooms, blueberries and raspberries almost meditatively, forgetting to listen to the noise of the trees, sucking in the scent of the fir trees. And I thought if I sprayed that scent on, it would catapult me right back there. However, this is not the case. But it's also a magic forest. And there it smells obviously nevertheless differently...

The start is spicy and herbaceous, but still soft and not scratchy. Little by little the currants are added, which are neither sweet nor sour, but are very pleasant. The herbaceous "Waldige" offers a very good contrast to the fruity sweetness. But there's something else in the background, and that's probably what makes it so magical, because describing this fragrance as fruity and green is not yet enough to do it justice. It's like walking deeper and deeper into the forest and discovering that a lot of things are hidden behind the trees.

I smell smoke from far away, a tiny breath only and not always. And animals or other magical creatures are of course also in the forest, but the animal, if you want to call it a note here at all, is extremely discreet. These additional components, of which more can certainly be discovered, are not constant, are there and gone, but they give the fragrance that special something, give it depth and make it much more complex than just fruity and green, even if the main theme is clearly currants.

Enchanted Forest is a very soft, rather fruity, flattering fragrance that is easy to wear. I had suspected a smell rather than a perfume based on the descriptions, but for me it is clearly a perfume. An outsider would probably not say: "Here it smells like forest", but rather: "Here it smells good". Ideally at least ;). All ingredients are woven into a harmonious whole. I haven't smelled anything like it yet.

Conclusion: The fragrance doesn't remind me of Sweden's forests, but that's not even necessary. Enchanted Forest is a very interesting, soft, unusual and well wearable fragrance, which I constantly have to sniff and which somehow doesn't let me go. Obviously his spell is already working!
Arrived
I have often been in love in my life with everything that goes with it: butterflies in my stomach, euphoria, heartache, disappointment, reconciliation, loss of reality, cognition, etc.
Sometimes it was just days, sometimes weeks, sometimes months, sometimes years - my emotions were always on a roller coaster.

At some point, the reality always caught up with me, which made me understand: Jo, it's quite nice, but that's not it yet. But I could have told you before, too At some point I had had enough of the stupid cow, showed her the stinky finger and swore that if she didn't want to leave me alone, I wouldn't give her the opportunity for satisfaction anymore - and swore away the men's world
So I lived quietly and contentedly for a while, happy to be rid of men and vicious reality...until I sat in the kitchen with my girlfriend and her roommate, whom I had never met before, burst in.
He grinned at us broadly and at that moment only one thought shot through my head:
There you are at last!

And although we still needed 1 1/2 years to actually get involved with each other, he was the one with whom I learned that love is not euphoria and heartache, but rather peace and understanding That love cannot be measured by jealousy and possessiveness, but by the fact that one gives freedom to the other and is nevertheless home to each other.
That love does not mean that one harmonizes perfectly in all points, but that one leaves one's peculiarities to the other and keeps one's own.

The reality, the stupid Ische, is no longer quite so stupid, even if it sometimes still tries to intervene a little.
She had to realize that we wouldn't let go of her, just because she wanted to put a stick between our legs again, but that we were just holding each other tighter.

Why I'm telling you this?

Because I had this feeling of "There you are finally!" at Enchanted Forest as well.
Despite its corners and edges, it is exactly what I have always been looking for.
Every forest, every garden, every ray of sunshine, every snowflake, every happy memory of my life envelops me when I wear this scent.

It's shady, but not dark.
Dancing light sprinkles act like elf lights between friendly green trees.
Fog, damp forest soil, hoar frost and at the same time solar heat.
A fir tree with fresh shoots, on which strangely delicate snow falls.
Black currants, from the shrub directly into the mouth and I rub the dry leaves between my fingers in the November storm.

With Enchanted Forest I am child and adult at the same time.
Feel happy, playful, peaceful, confident, melancholic, jump in thoughts about a clearing in summer and stand thickly wrapped up in a winter garden.

The magic forest and me - this is the really big love.
Augusto
Hiking and wondering in the Johannisbeer forest
When spraying on: blackcurrant, black but sweet, sometimes the sweetness outweighs the typical bitterness of Cassis. Fruity fragrances aren't really AugustA's favourite metier at all, so I raise all my available hands: No, not another fruit bomb like that! Except for citric scents, that's something completely different for me. But then tart fruity aromas can be captivating, blackberry for example or blackcurrant. From my point of view, the leaf should never be missing, or strong counterpoints, so that we don't end up with the fruit compote. Pure or superficial fruit scents are simply too boring, I want to stuff the fruit into my mouth and they are gone, I only need to smell it when it is hanging from the bush or tree or is already on its way to my mouth. Then gladly.
The fruit aroma, which is almost mandatory in every mainstreamer today, is not even mentioned here. (Exceptions as always confirm the rule.)

But here we are not only dealing with a fruit scent, but with a forest, an enchanted, enchanted, enchanted forest.

And the scent also quickly becomes more complex, the berries remain on the bush and many trees gather around outside. And this forest is not exactly cool, but a summer forest, wonderfully fragrant with all this green, the resins dissolved by the sun, almost sticky, aromatic. Rays of light fall through the mixed forest and the bushes under the trees carry delicious berries. Charming, indeed, and enchanting. A warm summer forest is really something wonderful. And friendly, the liveliness that reigns in this forest. If everywhere else the brooding heat oppresses humans and animals, one finds air to breathe in this forest, green in all facets and the smell of the trees and other plants. Even an animal has passed once. The fur hangs still smelly in the thicket. You sweat a little towards the end and feel good about it.

What a beautiful scent! Wonderful, you get your head free and even something other than the usual into it. Through the nose, of course. Enchanting because the scent does not let you go - it is very portable and especially at high temperatures despite the aromatic resinity and the fir needle. Or precisely because of this - and yet demands that one actively perceives it. This is not a background melody, but an outgrown symphony and completely harmoniously it fits together on skin and wearer.

After the top note I immediately had to think of "Woody Mood", for me a very similar, albeit more archaic forest, because, yes, completely without currants or the like, but with more wood and resin and smoke. But he also has this characteristic drip resin sweetness that never gets on your nerves, unlike the fruit sugar desserts I mentioned earlier, where I would never want to be - who wants to swim in a compote bowl or fight in a sorbet for sticky survival? But in Duchaufour's woods, there's good to be, I'm always happy to look for them!

Beautiful bottle too, by the way, reminiscent of the black berry and the golden Russian ornamentation goes well with all the resin and coniferous forest that smells so mildly spicy. By the way, he does that for a long time, from about eight o'clock in the evening until the next morning the scent was still there in his changes.

The currant and the forest emphasize different moments, the fruit is clearly traditionally assigned to the ladies in all its seductively dripping sweetness - although here it is also a bit harsh - and the forest to the man, whether in tweed or foresters costume. You really shouldn't let that fool you, but just look what was coming out behind the tree trunks and how it gets along with your own skin. This fragrance is certainly not assigned to any sex, except to trolls or the like, who certainly smell much better than their reputation would suggest. Oh, that fairy tale and saga kitsch, where did it come from? Oh, yeah, it's a magic forest. This cassis note can obviously go a little to your head. Where have I been? I feel like I've lost my way...

I like these nature-not-nature scents. This isn't a simple scent image of forest and berry. I like that because they embody a new perception of nature. No longer the original nature as violence from outside, against which man must protect himself. They don't even exist anymore. That may not be quite passé, but this perception no longer corresponds at all to man's relationship to nature today. "Today, "nature" violence is encountered as road traffic or through industry or working conditions, constantly and still quite differently, even subliminally. Nature today is no longer simply nature - it is enriched with needs and ideas, shaped over the centuries and perceived again by the individual, for example as a place of recreation and escape, as a contrast of perception to the urban or everyday environment, or even as legends and fairy tale woven hidden dream place. I deliberately do not speak here of the all-round prescribed Bio-health-nature-madness, which is only another carrot, which is hung before the nose of the good donkey, so that it remains in the late capitalistic race for the competition beautifully. That doesn't go on forever like this.

And again, where was this turnoff? It rustles in the bushes. Hmmm, that scent shows me the way, doesn't it?

In short: If you like Fille-en-Aiguilles or Woody Mood, or nature-not-nature scents, you should try this one. Fruit phobia or not.

Black Currant Heaven
Scentrack
The Cure – A Forrest

As the name correctly suggested, this fragrance is an enchanted forest. A dark, green forest. A primordial organism that lives for eons.
Enchanted Forest opens with the strong and realistic note of finest black currant liqueur (maybe Chambord was a role model). Upon this boozy opening aromatic, leafy green notes reinforced by aldehydes emerges like some distant, fruity relative of Chanel’s 19. In the background, I can sense some refined and balmy note of crushed pine or fir needles which I really like.
The heart of Enchanted Forest is a floral bouquet of old fashioned carnation and subdued, dark rose. At its base the pine and its sticky resins become stronger. These dark, archaic resins are juxtaposed to the green-fruity heaven. The whole composition is rounded with just a touch of vanilla and amber.

Rating 8.5 / 10

More on Scentimentalwords

Enchanted indeed
Enchanted Forest lives up to its name. Few fragrances cause me to conjure up their back story but EF is among the few. I smell a fictional forest of many fairy tales, complete with a heroic prince, the beginning of a new romance, the joyous aspects of cold, dark winters.

I wore it about a week ago when it was atypically cold and wintry here in the Los Angeles area. It was the perfect scent for such weather: dark and chilly but yet bright and cozy. Maybe this is a bonfire in the forest while the damsel in distress is protected by her prince, no? It all seems like a bottle of juxtapositions—and it is—but the constant contradictions work themselves out to be complimentary, interesting, stunning.

I love men’s fragrances; I even have a few beloved male-oriented scents in my collection. However, I cannot see myself wearing this. Every time I have worn it my mind wanders to my hypothetical lover: a strong, silent intellectual who would stop at nothing to protect me. It’s an archaic fantasy but it’s mine nevertheless. Should I encounter a man wearing this scent, I’d believe my search for a one-true-love to be over.

Yule Tidings in a bottle
I tacked a sample of this onto my recent sample order at the last second because I was intrigued by the name. I had no idea what the notes were but thought I'd give it a go for funsies. I am thrilled that I did.

This scent conjures up childhood memories of Yule celebrations. Fir, cedar, spices (I get cloves but it's not in the notes) hot toddies, and a hit of something sweet on the table. I don't get any currant berry at all. It's Yule Tidings in a bottle. I love it and will have to get a bottle before I celebrate Yule this year.

It opens up with a very fresh fir forest speckled with a few cedar trees and something sweet, maybe the currant blossom or honeysuckle. As it warms up I get the castoreum and a bit of musk and Cassis (not listed but I get it) that then gives way to what I am perceiving as clove-like (the coriander and something mixed like pink pepper?) and the sweet Opoponax, Benzoin and vetiver step up. The fresh fir is always present (as well as what I perceive as cassis) but takes a seat in the back of the room once the show warms up and gets spicy and sweet. The fir and Cassis anchor the entire show so that the other things going on never get to loud or obnoxious.

This is incredibly original. I really love it.

Nov
2013

CumhranfearCumhranfear 79 days ago
On first wearing, in warm weather, this smells not much different to the UK drink Ribena.

by Heavenly85
by ScentDane
by ScentedSalon
by ScentedSalon

Popular The Vagabond Prince

Bass Solo by The Vagabond Prince Swan Princess by The Vagabond Prince Land of Warriors by The Vagabond Prince