Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince

TeaWithMilk
10.10.2013 - 06:55 AM
Top Review
2.5

How enchanting can fruit juice be?

Not very. More people dislike this perfume than care to admit on Fragrantica. I came upon a couple of samples very easily, as people were quite eager to pass them on. It's a nice perfume, but it's sickeningly, cloyingly sweet. There is nothing about it that conjures forest images. It smells very much like concentrated fruit juice. If there anything natural about it, it might be some little wooden sticks floating atop the gigantic bowl of fruit juice. I do believe this can work on the right person, just like all perfumes have that ability. But it's not going to work on me.

I find the number of notes to be perfectly acceptable. The problem is that the top notes are so heavy and cloying that the perfume is totally unbalanced.

I dislike the bottle and just don't "get it". Normally I love all things magical--Disney, Le Petit Prince.... However, I would not want my $200 bottle of perfume to look like something I would give to my 8-year-old daughter. It's beautiful and whimsical, but it looks like a Disneyland souvenir.

SUMMARY: Someone spilled their punch all over me. I can't wait to get home and take a shower.

Latest Reviews

TeaWithMilkTeaWithMilk 6 years ago
Hedonist Iris - Viktoria Minya

Hedonist Iris Warm, cold, and devastating!
She is the most beautiful iris-based perfume I have ever encountered--a cold, powdery iris blended with warm, velvety cacao. She exudes elegance, is dressed impeccably, has the loveliest smile, and is unquestionably sexy. You can't help...

TeaWithMilkTeaWithMilk 6 years ago
Hedonist - Viktoria Minya

Hedonist I like it very much!
Hedonist grew on me with time. It is an extremely sweet, peachy, boozy scent with subtle hints of tobacco and vanilla, but the tobacco really "makes it". It is a velvety scent and is very luxurious somehow. A bit of spice lingers in the base,...