Everlasting (2016)

Everlasting by The Zoo

Everlasting is a popular perfume by The Zoo for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Labdanum, French narcissus absolute, Musk, Woods, Moss

Submitted by FRAgrANTIC, last update on 18.04.2019

6.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Expect the unexpected...
... this advertising slogan of a shopping center in the pot, fits very well to this extraordinary fragrance. First "Thanks" again to Yatagan, without whom I would not have come to this fragrance!

The more often I put on this fragrance, the deeper the friendship becomes. Especially now on the cool days wonderfully wearable, what is owed to this beautiful mossy resinous melange, which is very beautifully perceptible over the whole course, without that one becomes too much, as I was allowed to experience it with other brands. The assumption suggests itself that the narcissus downsized the fragrance a touch, which I personally like very much! A big fragrance course may not be expected, which one can easily forgive the fragrance however!

Actually, I am also a friend of an extended Sillage, which comes across as moderate here. In this case I enjoy the fragrance in my quiet room ;-)

It may be noted that Christophe Laudamiel's scents are already extraordinary, which brings us back to the beginning of my commentary.

The sources of supply are quite sparse. Apart from New York, the fragrances are only available in Amsterdam and Berlin, where I bought a bottle from Breathe Cosmetics. In this context I also had the pleasure to test other zoos.

Conclusion: Don't wait for the unexpected, try the unexpected ;-)
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Côte d'Azur 1966
Uncommented Fragrances No. 128

After initial scepticism and a lot of critical distance (see my blog), I am finally very taken with Luca Turins and Tania Sanchez' new thriller of scents and scents (Perfumes. The Guide. 2018). I can understand a lot of things, not everything; would also be strange.

On the whole, however, the new track (neoclassical - autodidacts - distance to the oligarchs, former heroes and the mainstream: thanks to DasguteLeben for the purposeful explanation) seems comprehensible and conclusive to me, even if the strong support for friends and companions away (such as Calice Becker) may seem strange. But that's what your nose is for.

Now to a perfumer and his brand, which I briefly introduced in my last commentary: Christophe Laudamiel. I quote myself: "Enfant Terrible of the fragrance scene (just look at his complete works), star at IFF Inc. and now head and nose behind his own brand'The Zoo'".
Luca Turin stands up for this possible new star in the scent sky and evaluates his creations almost without exception good to very good. This also applies to everlasting, whose durability, according to the great master, is as the name suggests. To start right away: I don't think so! The scent only seems to have a great impact in the first moment, but then weakens soon and hardly lasts from evening to morning (as predicted), at best as a faint hunch. Nevertheless, certainly not a light or volatile fragrance (shelf life and silage: 8.0). Please do not press the spray head more than once or twice! This is a warning to all inexperienced gentlemen who are used to empty their Ambroxan water by a quarter the first time they use it.

I think LT's assessment that the fragrance is "Laudamiel's take on classic 1950s masculine" is clever and correct in almost all respects: at the same time it is more refined and raw than the originals of the time, initially smelling like the eccentric child of Je Reviers and Old Spice. Can this be put more beautifully? No, you can't!

Despite my enthusiasm about these references, I would not want to ignore my own perspective: Yes, it smells like a classic men's fragrance, yes, there is something of the old (!) Old Spice in it, but Everlasting reminds me also or even more as an idea (and not in the sense of a twin fragrance) of classics from the 60s, such as Russian leather, the old Habit Rouge, Prestige, Grès pour Homme or older, mostly discontinued Galimards (Monsieur, Seigneur) or fragrances from Grasse in general. Hence the association from the title bar: A man in an excellently fitting suit in a sports coupé or convertible, probably accompanied, glides across the streets of the Côte d'Azur, leaving a trail of spicy, smoky, resinous, woody, perhaps leathery aura.

The latter notes are actually enough to imagine and understand the fragrance. With one exception in terms of overall impression: in fact, you wouldn't easily think of the fragrance as a true vintage representative. He's less subtle than a man would have tolerated in the'60s. It's less aromatic and masculine than a man would have wanted in the'60s.

The journey with the sports coupé over the streets of southern France continues: in the boot many references to the 50s and 60s, but in the paint play new omens: less chrome and more plastic. But it does not disturb, it is what makes the fragrance so attractive

by Odorier
by Odorier
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular The Zoo

Club Design / Scent Tattoo by The Zoo Everlasting by The Zoo Fig My Love by The Zoo Community by The Zoo Rhubarb My Love by The Zoo Carre Blanc by The Zoo No Perfume by The Zoo Vetyver Rain Skin by The Zoo Louis by The Zoo Spacewood by The Zoo Tubereuse Organique by The Zoo Sailors by The Zoo