A*Men Pure Coffee (2008)

A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Bottle Design: Thierry Mugler
A*Men Pure Coffee is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for men and was released in 2008. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Coffee, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.09.2019

MasterLi
Dark-Roasted Coffee, Cedar, Musk & Patchouli...
First of all... I have never smelled the original Angel Men, so I can't comment on the comparisons, but smelling this for the first time, I get a dark-roasted, almost burnt coffee and patchouli combination, I can detect a chocolate note in the background (could be the patchouli-musk combination) and also lavender (could be the coffee, patchouli and vetiver combination). I have heard that in this the coffee note of the original has been brought into the foreground (whilst keeping the same original 'vibe' as A*Men). It's a very nice scent, very pleasant to my nose... and after a while, it gets softer and stays close to the skin (mostly as a cedarwood, coffee and patchouli combination).

I don't find it too cloying either, it has moderate sillage and longevity, drying down to a skin scent within a few hours (so maybe not the beast that A*Men was in that department). It's pretty enjoyable and can be worn almost year round in my opinion.

Pure Coffee has definitely grown on me, and I love the combination of notes here. To me it's a dark and sweet creation (a heavy roast, with no added cream), just how I like to take my coffee!
10.0 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

strength and sophistication
Sometimes, when a scent sells well, the house will change it from a limited edition to a permanent part of their line. It seems like all of the A*Men flankers are well-loved, but Mugler doesn't extend them. Having managed to snag a bottle of this on eBay, I now feel like I have to ration it carefully.

I put on less than one full spray of Pure Coffee 9 hours ago, and it's still quite noticeable. Its clear, elegant coffee-cedar manages to be calming and energizing, smooth and strong at the same time. Unlike many other coffee scents, it has absolutely no sugar. Sometimes, I swear I smell lavender in there (there isn't any, but it could be that I'm associating it with Bond's New Haarlem, which does have lavender).

Wear it while you're drinking a strong French Roast, and you can face anything the day throws at you!

by Honk1510