A*Men Pure Havane (2011)

A*Men Pure Havane is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Jacques Huclier

Top Notes Top NotesHoneyed tobacco
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Labdanum, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.02.2019

Ernie824
Amen to that for Pure Havane.
Received the Pure Havane this week from Fragrancenet.com
I have the Mugler Pure Havane and not the Thierry Mugler, from posted reviews on the web, that Pure Havane has been reformulated and has performance/longevity issues. When I received this fragrance I sprayed two sprays on the left and right arms, to test the longevity/performance on my skin the scent lasted between 12-15+ hrs so no longevity/performance issue there. So I will make it my SOTD as of 12/13/18.

SOTD: 12/13/18

Pure Havane is my very first fragrance from the House of Mugler and very first in the Amen line.

Love the scent of Pure Havane, I scent on my nose the cinnamon, tobacco, honey and I do scent a hint of cocoa. Per Fragrantica middle notes mentioned a vanilla note in which I detect to my nose. Parfumo website does not mention the vanilla note on the middle/heart notes. Still waiting for Pure Tonka and I will do a comparison of the two. For the meantime Havane is my favorite in the Amen line.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: on my skin I get around between 12-15+ hrs
Presentation/Design: 8/10 Sprayer: 6/10-Horrible sprayer
Overall: 9/10
Just without much Blaaaaaaaa
I don't want to beat around the bush.......... I spray and feel really pudelwohl, as if little Sebastian has just made himself a delicious pudding with quite a lot of sauce.
For me one of the tastiest treats to spray....... Next to egg liqueur spray cream
6.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10
I say yes
I say yes to Pure Havane!

I say yes, I smell a cherry. Sweet and sour, it wraps itself broadly around you after application.

I say yes I'll take the honey too. He holds the cherry, manifests it and accompanies it on its way.

I say yes to cocoa. This one comes a while later and joins us. Makes the whole thing more harmonious.

I say yes to vanilla. That may be patchouli, but it comes over vanilla and fits perfectly.

I say yes to the ambergris, which comes across very easily balsamic and supports the existing tobacco.

I say yes, I like the whole thing damn well.

I say yes, I want to wear it more often.

I say yes I am thrilled.

I say yes to a Mugler, which doesn't happen very often.

I say yes the fragrance is sweet for me personally but not too exaggerated.

I say yes, you have to like that.

I say yes, it lasts a damn long time. Still noticed the next morning.

I say yes that's better to wear when it's cooler.

I say yes that's cuddly.

I say yes, you can smell it against the wind for miles if you take too much.

I say yes, come to my collection. Be welcome and join the others.

I say yes all this is worth a comment to me.

I say yes you don't need to tell much more.

I say yes I am finished with my execution now.

I say yes to Pure Havane.
6.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10
Pure Havane
Pure Havane is one of the better designer releases of recent years. A popular one at that. I owned PH for a while & it was a nice little addition to my ever growing collection. The tobacco, honey, vanilla & cherry note tho not listed it is there, was very nice. I got no cacao from this. The execution is good as I can see what Mugler was trying to do here & that is think outside of the box.

This made for a good date or bar fragrance if that is your thing & it appealed to the younger audience which I think it may have been targeted towards. It is not juvenile, but has this young man quality about it.

Unfortunately I grew tried of this & sold it as I did not have a need for it. Projection is on the low side for me, while longevity was around 6-7 hours which is good for an EDT! PH has it cult following & I can see why because for a designer release it will conjure up compliments & will grab attention. Tho for me there are better options out there that suits my needs. Enjoy!
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10
Sweet Tobacco King
This fragrance makes you feel goooooood !!!
It is enough manly, enough gourmand, enough spicy.
Tobacco (moist honeyed tobacco), Honey, Vanilla and Cocoa have been blended to perfection in the opening and heart notes, and leave a trail for a long dry down tamed by Amber and Resins.
Just don't use it in hot weather. All other situations are allowed.
You may either love this fragrance or there is something wrong with your nose and you need a nose doctor.
Very good to read a book by the fireplace? - YES (feel free to propose other actiuvities in front of the fireplace)
Very good for any kind of date? - YES
Very good for the office? - YES
Will you receive a lot of compliments? - YES
Very good for clubbing? - YES
Everyone else will be wearing it? - NO

My rates for TM A*MEN PURE HAVANE:
Scent opening: 10.0 (in the top 10 of all men fragrances for me)
Scent drydown): 9.5
Longevity: 9.0 (It's not a beast but it's close to)
Sillage: 8.5 (It's not a beast)
Uniqueness: 9.5 (Other A*Men and Reyane Insurrecton II Wild don't justify taking more than 0.5)
Wearability: 8.0 (avoid summer days)
Versatility: 9.5 (don't use it at the beach)
Compliments: 9.0 (Both men and women have a very positive and enthusiastic reaction to this scent)
Quality: 9.5 (took 0.5 for the non efficient sprayer)
Presentation: 8.0 (that's the A*Men flanker bottle with the worst presentation due to a very "plastic" brown cover)
Price: 8.5 (€45 - above average cost of a good cologne, although being quite unique; nevertheless it is one of the cheapest A*Men flankers)

Overall rating: 9,0/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Pure Havane":
It's one of the current fragrance landmarks. It's the kind of "everybody likes it" fragrance (and many love it). It is also adictive. If you buy it once you will use it till the end of your days.
Recomended? Yes! - Blind buy worthy? No! - Do try it before.

Music: "Tobacco Road" by The Nashville Teens
5.0 6.0 7.0 4.0/10
Heminder
Angel Men for the older folks
From this I very much get the vibe of an older man. They honey gives it a sweetness, but it isn't an edible type sweet - it's more of a dry backdrop to the tobacco which in my opinion smells quite medicinal in this fragrance. It definitely puts you in Cuba with cigars, classic cars, and hot weather. It's not one that I'd personally wear as it smells too much like an aged guy who's worked all his life at the auto repair shop in Cuba and is about ready to retire.
6.0 7.0 6.0 8.0/10
MasterLi
Sweet honey, chocolate & tobacco...
Wow! Just wow!

This is without a doubt my absolute favourite of the A*Men/Angel Men line. I just love it! I get honeyed tobacco, along with the vanilla, and chocolate-patchouli combo of the original A*Men. A wonderful fragrance.

I haven't been this happy about a fragrance for a long time. I really like this one and am recommending it. I didn't actually like the original A*Men/Angel Men all that much. I found the opening too harsh and bitter. This one is smooth and creamy with tobacco and honey and sweet spices and vanilla. It is absolutely gorgeous! I think this is a winner for anyone who likes A*Men but wished it was a bit different and smoother. It has a velvety sweet texture and I really love it that way. Even if you didn't like the original A*Men or like gourmandish or even sweet honey tobacco fragrances like Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille. I think this is a great contender against that fragrance at a great price. Beautiful stuff from Thierry Mugler!
9.0 9.0 9.0/10
Hitchslap
a reason to look forward to cooler weather...............
Lovely, sensuous and intoxicating scent!
If you hate the original, sorry, you have to wait quite a few hours for those well known A*Men notes to quiet down and allow the beautiful honeyed tobacco leaves to come in and put a big smile on your face.

For me it was over six hours before the honey/tobacco fully kicks in. It's there, well into the next day on your clothing and if you happen to fall asleep without bathing then you'll probably wake up to a great concoction of notes on your skin.

This is sort of a practice in a delay of gratification waiting for the later life of this fragrance.

Bready 26 days ago
Excellent scent!+1
JoaoMartins 6 months ago
Overhyped. Pure tonka, Krypto and even the original A*men are way way better than this one+2
2.0
6.0
PMRP12 2 years ago
An outgoing, delicious scent best for social scenarios where you want to get noticed. And admired. Possibly followed.+3
6.0