Alien (2005) Eau de Parfum

Alien (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Jasmine sambac, Cashmere wood, Ambergris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.08.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

Finchen1976
I'm a legal late bloomer alien
My very first encounter with this alien was two weeks ago. I don't know that many porters, but I rarely ride with the public transport. :-) And I was astonished to discover that this fragrance has been around since 2005! *soifz*

And wow, 113 comments already... but I think that scent is worth another one. ^^

Alien was never really an option for me, because my mother and I are (or were?) so completely different in the scents and she always had the Essence Absolue and for me since Alien was just a No Go. Now everything is different...

A friend of mine had put on the perfume during the group holiday, but it was very discreet. She can't stand anyone on her skin, so she only sprays the front of her clothes. And she smelled sooo good! I couldn't believe it was an alien!

And so I had to test... as a late bloomer. ^^

The first sprayer... a huge theater opens up in my mind's eye. Thick, plush velvet covers with golden applications on the armchairs. The theatre is sold out to the last seat. A red thick velvet curtain that swings up with one swing, Spotlight on. And there she is: the star, the diva everyone's been waiting for. Oppulent figure, long black curly hair, lush bust, in purple velvet dress, which nestles to her figure, with golden chain and earrings. Red lipstick. Her whole charisma screams, "Hello, here I am. I know what I want and who I am!" And as she takes breath for the first song, the audience falls silent, the world holds its breath, one could hear the proverbial pin drop.

Her singing goes into the ear, into the heart, her voice, the jasmine, makes the beginning, loud, penetrating.
After a few verses, it becomes quieter, velvety, until amber and cashmere wood fade away, cuddly, cuddly. The sound engineer has to look carefully not to turn the microphone too loud - less is more. Too much screaming.

After about 5 hours the performance is over, I could listen forever, but only at cooler temperatures. In summer I like other music. :-)
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

My great alien love
Alien you are and remain one of my favorites.
First discovered in 2010 and 9 years later still a fragrance that always works. For me personally also wearable in summer. No other fragrance that moved in with me received as many compliments as you did over time. An alien rarely comes alone, so your relatives moved in here too. At least this alien must always be in the house
6.0 8.0 7.5/10

Evening dress
This perfume needs a very special evening occasion and an elegant dress. With jeans, you just can't wear it, just out of respect for this perfume. Smells to me like wood, nuts and a lot of late lilac. I miss it well, yet I know that if I buy it, I may rarely be able to wear it

literal love-hate relationship
I can hardly describe a more intense scent than this one. A companion for special moments, for my taste by no means an everyday companion. Doesn't he still have hours and days up his nose? I find the fragrance to be heavy and sensual, with some people intrusive and shrill, but there is a certain lightness, something supernatural. In my experience, this scent divides spirits, so everyone should judge for themselves.
8.0 9.0 8.0 7.5/10

The spaceship has landed
I still saw it coming, the tail of light in the sky as the Muglerian ship moved from the planet mainstream across the city and landed directly in our orange M. Everyone was excited, including me, when the Luckr of the spaceship opened. Foggy swarming prevented at first the view on this alien, in my head I had a picture of a nasty, slimy creature which only intends to break up the world into rubble and ashes. When the excessive, penedrant fog slowly settled, something completely different appeared. A warm looking, heavy figure came to the fore. She found it hard to move forward as her sweetness sticks very well. There was some magic about it, because every woman now wanted an alien. I wasn't sure for a long time because some people liked this alien and I liked it less than sometimes more. For my birthday six years ago, an alien also landed with me. Meanwhile already more beautiful and more bearable aliens have landed who don't get too comfortable with you. Sometimes I find it difficult to find a suitable moment with which I can be seen with an alien. But it has to be cold anyway, then it definitely feels better. It's also better to go out in the dark. I hope you all handle your alien well so it doesn't show its aggressive side. My Alien e.g. may be pressed at most twice, everything else is too much
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Princess Leia's scent
A warm, irresistible delight comes from another galaxy in its futuristic multifacted purple bottle: it's Alien. The name seems remind of other worlds and strange creatures , but the scent reveals a surprising and very sensual character.
The accord is simple and minimal: only three notes but masterfully combined: a Jasmine heart and a base of ambergris and cashmere wood. It's weird how with this so "thin"pyramid this scent can result so rich, warm, round.Maybe it's a little magic .
This eau de parfum is perfect in the cold season , by day and by night, for its strong sillage and its good longevity. It's a true cocooon spraying it on warm wool scarfs to prolonge the pleasure for hours and hours. Very sexy, use it whenever you want to feel more sensual with a contemporary touch.
Is maybe this scent the secret of princess Leia's charm?
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Biberfrau
Happy days are here again
Alien. You were my boss back then. My God, you were violent. Much too loud and too shrill. Besides, you were the new guy. Rejected for the time being. I repeat back then. Thank God one changes in the course of the years and so also the taste and the perception. How lucky you are to have undergone this change of heart. You've been one of my undisputed favorites ever since.

It was one of those days when I knew something extraordinary was happening today. Something wasn't as it always was. I knew you by hearsay. You had already mixed with humanity in part and carried out your operations in secret, narcotizing people with your bewitching scent and making them incapable of thinking and acting and then coldly slamming. This mixture of ambered wood and jasmine, absolutely deadly. But your purple appearance also makes you freeze! How beautiful it is! Those who are not prepared for this alien attack have lost mercilessly. If one perceives the bitter metallic beginning, it is already too late. The non-terrestrial mixture of jasmine and amber spreads in the human nervous system and paralyses everything, poisons everything down to the last nerve cell. Spray twice, you're one of them. You get beamed into the spaceship and can't remember anything (unless you're called Eric Cartmann). Their secret weapon is clearly sweet jasmine, which (or which one?) drives out its (their) tentacles and embraces it and lets everything forget, because one is completely in delirium. When you wake up in your bed the next day, you feel slightly taken along, but somehow comfortable and satisfied. How can you describe that? What's the matter with you? Well, if I could remember, I'd be able to tell you ;)

Times in the now-time:
Yeah, I remember. And I always like to remember. I have been travelling with my alien for a long time now and I don't get tired. I could go on a journey with it every day. I love it. If I had to describe Alien (or my travels) with a song, it would be Happy days are here again by the two wonderful women Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland.
Alien. I feel so good about you. You're my back-booster, my soul-comforter, you drive me down (or up, if necessary), my-feel-me-today-ultimativ-bombastic-good-smell, my mood-brightener, you're mine!
10.0/10

Betty0714
A great love that had to end.
You were my first great love of fragrance... i met you when I was 13, and I wanted you right away. I got it for my birthday, too. With this fragrance I had the feeling to have found myself and today I am still looking for a fragrance to replace you because I have unfortunately outgrown you with much pain.... This fragrance was actually something for older women or girls but from 13 to 21 it was my fragrance with which I experienced so incredibly viiel. He has accompanied me through soo many moments. of the youthful head chaos indebted high feelings. And yet I had to leave him because I had developed and was no longer the person as before... and all of a sudden it was a scent that far too many people possessed. My identity was lost.... i had to put an end to this scent as hard as it was for me but we had somehow drifted apart...
The scent accompanied me through my early youth and complemented me. I have received so many compliments for this fragrance... so many that's incredible.
Alien smelled really strangely good for me back then. It simply smells self-confident, profound, seductive, feminine, dominant and somehow .... dark purple. I don't know if it's the bottle.
Alien smells like a magical, surreal beauty who captivates everyone with her incredible sensual aura.
However, this scent DNA is so depleted that I probably never want to wear this scent again. It is my first great love. ...
9.0 10.0 9.0 8.0/10

Alien Indeed
Scentrack: Soul Central - In Ten City (Original Mix)

Absolutely alien. A surreal kick jasmine from Saturn, spiced by neroli and pepper from Mars. Sandalwood-like woody notes are from the moons of Jupiter. The composition ended with artificial amber and vanilla from scent replicator.
Futuristic feminine scent of space "cowgirls" of Saturn's 4D jasmine plantations. Saturated and on the verge of nausea, but on women skin is so seductive and alluring. Longevity by eons, sillage interdimensional. This perfume would make Captain Kirk's need to explore new worlds.
Long live interdimensional free love!

Rating: 8/10
7.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Alien... Perfect name!
Alien is the perfect name for this fragrance. With only three notes Jasmine, woods & amber you would think it is a simple fragrance which it is yet not really.

Alien is all about Jasmine, she dominates the entire show from the moment you spray her until the end. The woods and amber do show up but they don't have a prayer in hell with the Jasmine leading the forefront. Now there is a problem here, it is with Jasmine. I so happen to like Jasmine but Mugler seemed like he wanted to amp it to 100x's & on top of that it can come off as a synthetic mess!

Yes Alien is a bit to synthetic for my taste as I use to wear it sometimes, tho there was always this almost stomach turning feeling I'd get from this & I knew it was from the Jasmine. On the bright side, it will get you noticed across a stadium & it will last on you from sun up till sun down. Normally only Aliens have that type of power. :) Nice, but a no for me as my nose cannot bare it anymore.
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Extraterrestrial jasmine
A sweet powdery floral scent. The structure is simple yet "alien". Jasmin and amber as dominant elements are relatively common in perfumes, yet their combination in Alien smells so unusual! A typical success of "less is more"! It's sensual and feminine. No need for any excessive complexity to pretend to be mysterious but it has its own depth. I actually find it unique but not that difficult to appreciate. The projection is very good and the longevity can reach 12h. It worths at least a try during one's fragrance discovery journey.

Originally written in 2013.
1.0 10.0 10.0 4.5/10

Bcars10
Smells better on the bottle than on me
What can I say about this goofy perfume?! I really wanted to like it. It smells fabulous on a great friend of mine, and like any good friend, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," right??? But it's weird. At first, it goes on in a huge puff of...?...is that grape Kool-Aid?! Then after about 45 minutes it's swirling around in the car (I had the windows open) like fabric softener. But here's the kicker: When I stick my nose down on it, it gives off this mushroom vibe! No joke. My arm smelled like a fungus. Ew. So, I have concluded that this scent is not for me. It smells amazing on my friend, and from the bottle, but not on me. It's just as well...I cannot tolerate that ugly bottle. Or the name. Or the font the name is written in.
10.0 10.0 7.5 9.0/10

Extraterrestrial, definitely!
I haven't reviewed this one yet? What a shame! It is one of the few full bottles I own and my most worn perfume along with its flankers. Mugler fragrances aren't that popular in Finland and kind of hard to find for mainstream frags, but worth the search: all of them have something unique and interesting about them, even the ones I don't like.

The opening is nothing like anything I've smelled before, which was one of its best selling points for me. I go for the bold and daring, and the jasmine cloud is like a projection of assertive, self-assured femininity. What's better is that it isn't cloying or too carnal, unlike many other jasmine and white floral fragrances I've tried, but rather glowing and radiant. The drydown, for me, is less interesting, and alas the woods turn acidic on my skin before mellowing down to soothing amber. I have resolved this by spraying my hair and clothes rather than my skin.

For such a simple composition it has a lot of power and complexity. I can see why it is so polarizing, though: it's very dominant, projects like a teleport beam, lasts forever on clothing and several hours on my skin (seems to be another common trait for all Mugler fragrances I've tried). I keep my bottle on my bedside table, along with Coromandel. Extra points to Mugler for the refillable bottle!
10.0 10.0 7.5 8.0/10

Lunatic richness
I tried Alien 2 years ago. I felt irritated and my wrist chugged so lewd scent, that walking was chosen instead of public transport.
A lot of things happened meanwhile - I trained my nose, changed my eating habits and so on. Today I had the pleasure to try Alien again.

What a rich, complex, fruitty sweetness exploded on my wrist!
After a half hour I felt a deep, mellow mixture of very familiar fragrances in never experienced composition.
After 2 hours my nose was locked to my wrist, and I was mulling over, what kind of flower am I growing up from my skin. I know that I know this flower very well, but I can not recall its name or shape. It is not Jasmine sambac, I am sure.

This beloved rich, powdery flower makes me longing for a full bottle, but I have to give Alien a few try, becouse I am not sure that I will feel the same fragrance next time.
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Kaleidoscope of Scents
I am a bit late to this Alien party, every time I tested it I smelled something different but was never really feeling the *vibe* - sitting on the fence and never invested in a full bottle I was endlessly contemplating until three days ago, when the decision was made for me; I was gifted a big bottle of the original Alien, the wonderful bottle looking magical with its intriguingly shaped purple flacon complete with gold detailing and 'alien' writing. *Hmmm*

Hard to believe there are only so few notes in it, since on my chemistry and to my nose it has a lot of different faces. It is (among many other things) reminiscent of Lady Million minus the very sweet honey and spicy lemon. A more elegant Lady Million, I would say. A Lady Million for all those that like the core vibe of her, but shy away from some of her notes that can be disastrous on some chemistries.

I also get licorice and berries and--of course--wood notes...lots of woodsy notes that are bathing in a jasmine bath and use berries as a snack. Its odd I know! Perhaps that's why its called Alien? It can play just a few notes yet manages to create a multi faceted (scent) sound. And leaves you wondering how many other notes are REALLY hiding in this flacon, that looks like it was left by the mother-ship to tempt and tease us to pick it up and spread its many scent experiences over the galaxy of olfactory!

On me it's an elegant, smooth and woodsy scent with a jasmine bouquet and a berry & licorice vibe that is familiar yet still manages to be its own scent. Suitable for all occasions, even the office if you are careful not to apply too much! I still don't know if I would have purchased it myself, yet am wearing and enjoying it as an unexpected gift. Perhaps it will grow on me enough to assimilate me into the matrix of real fans, or perhaps I am too earthbound to ever feel like leaving Terra-Firma. In either case, it's fun and I am looking forward to smell what other olfactory surprises this Alien will reveal to me!

Silage is: space wood bathing in jasmine, grown on the Moon and eating berries from Mars. - Longevity is: suitable for a deep space mission: 6+ hours and still counting down.

If you're one of the few people that hasn't sampled this yet, go and take your nose to this mysterious flacon that will not be containing what you think. Enjoy! : )

Alien
It's hard to believe that this perfume only has three notes in its composition. In this case, less is definitely more! The wood keeps the fragrance grounded and warm. The amber is warm and cozy. The jasmine is intoxicating and enveloping. What an aura this scent surrounds you with! Really well done, interesting and beautiful! You have to be a spirited soul to pull this off. It's not for the faint of heart. Mysterious, dark, deep, sophisticated, sensual, sexy, modern and enigmatic! The bottle is also gorgeous. A must-have in any collection!
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

The Entertainer.
This is the only fragrance that I have ever owned that laughs at me! No, I'm not freaked out at the bottle...I love that funny purple ultra modern approach. Its the Jasmine that scares me! When I first tested this, my eyes nearly popped out of my head! Strong..and Bold! Who do you think you are, type jasmine. I said to myself..I will never wear this sassy scent. It really is a fragrance that you can't decide, if you love it, or hate it. It laughs at me! I apply it, and it surrounds me. It makes me go back for more. It is one of the most interesting fragrances that I have owned in may years. I think it doesn't suit me..yet I get numerous compliments, which annoys me, as I have so many others that I love...yet, this is the entertainer...he makes you feel happy, and knows when to get the applause...Because he is the showoff of all the Jasmines, and he is the true Entertainer!
8.0/10

Once Upon An Alien
Alien made me act like an alien. Not just me but even my gorgeous friend acted like an alien too. Why?

The two of us met in a cafe, I gave her a 20ml. Alien decant from my 60ml. as my Christmas gift for her. Alien back in my former country was unknown, unpopular and very hard to find.

She has no idea what Alien is all about. She have lots of well known perfumes here but Thierry Muglers frags, shes not aware of.

So I told her Merry Christmas in advance, gave her the bottle and sprayed it lightly on her wrist. She sniff, I sniff, she said, its strong but unique. I said, its alien, aliens are strong and more powerful than humans. She sniff, I sniff, I said, now you feel the alien coming into you, she said it is still too strong for me but you're so sweet. I said, aliens have lasting strength lol

Then I told her, guess what, I have a tiny vial of Angel for women, so I sprayed it on my wrist, she sniff, I sniff, she said, wow so strong, so divine and creamy. I told her Angels are strong and heaven is a creamy place lol She loved it at first sniff. I was afraid she might ask to own my tiny Angel as well, but she didn't although I read her mind as if salivating to have it. Just like the "Aliens" in the movies lol

So we kept sniffing both fragrances, I sniff on her she sniff on me, until later she sniff her wrist again and began appreciating Alien in her skin, its so sexy, elegant, unique, exquisite. I sniff on her and was glad she loved Alien already. She sniff on me, wearing Angel for women and I saw her face like an Alien, still salivating to have my Angel. Then I told her, I think we better have dinner than act like aliens, sniffing each other like crazy.
These may all be just a case of "starvation" after all and People around us, I said, have been watching us and wondering..look at those two nerds! lol

We laughed and enjoyed our friendship... but sniffing continues as we ate dinner elsewhere lol
Hours later, im home, she texted me, she sniffing, can still smell Alien, long lasting and wonderful fragrance. She said she will use it on Christmas Eve and I said, whenever you receive compliments using Alien, tell them "I come in Peace" lmao...

Sweet wine
Ok, this reminds me of sweet, sweet red wine, with jasmine flowers thrown in the pot. Add a few wood chips to the mix. The woody notes become a bit louder in the die down. It's not odd or strange but it is very strong. Because of the strange grape note I would almost consider this a fruity floral. Lasts a long,long time on me which is good because I have a problem with my skin eating perfume. I can definitely smell this perfume hours and hours after applying. I would say it was a "purple" perfume. Gloriously sweet, not harsh in any way. I get no spice and no vanilla. It gets oh so much better in the die down. Sillage is stunning. So you will have to remember to wear just a small amout or it will knock everyone out around you.
Great, wonderful purple bottle. I think if the bottle was in the shape of a big purple flower it would be more of a fit than this strange alien figure.
7.0/10

Drseid
Not One of Ropion's Best But Still Quite Good...
Alien opens with a blast of white floral jasmine with an almost oud-like undertone that melds with the florals extremely well. The jasmine and oud-like woody notes at the heart are sweetened by amber in the base... and that is pretty much it. The scent is extremely minimalist and linear and what you get up top remains throughout. Projection is very good and longevity is above average.

Alien is a pretty simplistic composition, but it just plain "works". The jasmine white florals definitely are the star of the scent with the woody oud-like accord and the sweet amber used strictly for support. Ropion being one of the parfumiers on the scent does not surprise me, as the florals have his name written all over them, while underneath the florals that sweet base that Mugler frequently features shows Alien's pedigree. On the whole Alien smells quite good and I definitely recommend it, but this one will most likely smell best on the ladies (not to say men *couldn't* wear it). Alien earns a well-deserved very good to excellent 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5.

DPArtist 7 months ago
Mesmerizing, incredibly feminine and sexy as hell! Strong & sweet but with a unique freshness, would love to smell this on a woman I'm with.+1
Jazzy76 10 months ago
Warm, deep,a little bitter,sexy. intoxicating : a sweet tooth from another galaxy. Maybe the Princess Leyla's scent? Wonderful sillage.+1
Bcars10 2 years ago
If you're in the market for weird and unusual from the bottle to the fragrance, this is the scent for you!+1
1.0

by Lola1997
by AidennQueen
by AidennQueen
by Bowser
...mein allerschönster Armschmuck! Erinnert mich an Jugendstil...
by MissGuerlain