Alien Eau Extraordinaire (2014)

Alien Eau Extraordinaire is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot tea, Neroli, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCashmeran, Tiaré
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, White amber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 11.05.2019

7.5 10.0 10.0 5.0/10

Lowbrow
Without any timidity or moderation – the truth about ALIEN EAU EXTRAORDINAIRE reveals in an instant after donning.

It is strong, a genuine extraterrestrial being. It is a leaner, taller, slenderer variation of the original ALIEN, almost scary. Fortunately it lets you breath, the cloud is not so massive as ALIEN’s. Extraordinaire? Hm. Dry and smileless, if it would be a flower, I would run to irrigate it. If it would be a person from literature, aunt Petunia from HP could be easily identified.

The bottle and packaging is beautiful, nevertheless it shows much meeker picture about the perfume than it would deserve. I do not own a bottle, but on base of my bad experience, believe, that the cap is the same cheap low quality one as on the original ALIEN.

Endurance: 8-9 hours on my skin.
7.5 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Dalmajen
A very brief appearance ...
I didn't think twice about purchasing this latest Alien version. In fact, I bought it blind, as I knew I would love it, when I read the notes. I realized it was An EDT, but knowing the strength of the original Alien, and how rich and long lasting the Essence Absolue is, I just assumed this would have a decent longevity.

The notes are so harmonious, and they blend together so beautifully! The Tiara flower is the shining star in this fragrance. It has such a tropical feel to it, and matches so perfectly with the Neroli, tea, and orange blossom top notes. So fresh, but not ultra citrusy. A perfect fragrance for hot and sticky days. I would wear this all year round, with no qualms at all! But alas..the downside. It just doesn't last. Not even two hours. This may not be the problem for everyone, but for fragrance absorbing skin, it is so very fleeting! I was heartbroken when I realized how quickly it faded, but love it so much, I just have to re-apply often. This may be a plus for lovers of light and soft fragrances. This does not resemble the original Alien, as the Tiara flower is softer than the jasmine used InThe original Alien. The dry down is so lovely. A gorgeous soft heliotrope , with the most delicate of ambers. I am still thrilled to own this beauty, and still have high hopes for a better performance in the hotter months to come. But for the time being I will spray generous amounts, and re-apply as needed!

Bcars10 18 months ago
Bitter top notes. Thankfully dries down much better. A soft and tender Alien for shy, timid perfumistas!+3
3.0