Alien Eau Extraordinaire (2014)

Alien Eau Extraordinaire is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot tea, Neroli, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCashmeran, Tiaré
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, White amber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.09.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

FlirtyFlower
The Promise - just you alone ...
Prolog
Was it too late? Was everything much too late? She was thinking. Should she keep her promise?

But then out of the blue she asks her friend: "You are like the girl in the book. That burns like the sphinx, falls to ashes and finally awakens to life again and rises out of everything strengthened - stronger than ever before. Don't you think you're like that girl?"

And she answers with thick tears in her eyes: "No, unfortunately not. Cause I'm still burning."

12. June 2019

Do you know these days? Those days when you think things couldn't get any worse. And then it gets worse. Much worse than you'd ever expected.

The day at work was as always cheerful to cloudy. When my girlfriend, who doesn't answer my birthday mail, reveals a photo with shorn hair, I know about it. And I have the feeling that my heart would burst, rip and burn from the pain that only life can reveal on some days.

When I can't get out of my slippers the next day in the morning, I have to take a particularly long bath, paint on a particularly careful face and drink a lot of coffee.

And as an experiment, I put on the scent I got the week before in the green temple. This is the first time in a long time I've gotten a scent, you know. For too long I didn't venture into green temples to finally enter a new scent flirt again.

When I try this fragrance, however, the opening is so refreshing and spicy at the same time that I am surprised by this nerdy bottle, which I would otherwise only have expected a kitsch concert. Whereby I must confess - I like kitsch - perhaps not olfactory, but in the form of plush, pink & Co. Anyway.

When I'm sitting at work, the colleague who I actually like comes by. But somehow it's always about the negative things and even supposedly beautiful things are being demonized by her at the moment. I don't know what to do in this respect and I can't get her out of her negative spiral.

As she leaves I close my office door and spray the scent to give myself a little break from this crazy day.

Everything starts with a citric fresh teen note. Bergamot I would say - and turns into a kind of fine Earl Grey mixture (isn't there also Earl Grey with bergamot?!). But noble! And then suddenly a cashmere scent joins in. My friend Google says it's Cashmeran.

Cashmeran is supposed to be an artificially created fragrance that gives perfumes a soft and silky touch - and yes, I think he does it here and calms my soul.

Stop! This can't be Cashmeran! According to Parfumo, it's orange blossom and my beloved Neroli! A fragrance that is used in aroma and anxiety therapy to relieve stress and cramps and is still used today as a spa treatment on my soul.

You must know: Neroli is said to have got his name in the Renaissance from the princess Nerola. The princess is said to have been so obsessed with this scent that she scented her gloves, hairbands and even her stationery with it. The fragrance was so well received that it set a trend among the Italian aristocracy and Neroli was one of the most popular fragrance oils of the Renaissance.

And even today Neroli is a secret fragrance star because of its calming effect. And many will only discover his scent beauty when they get to know him at the right moment.

But after half an hour the fragrance concert doesn't seem to be over yet. I wonder where this warmth comes from. I have the feeling of smelling vanilla, but a very fine one. But Parfumo says that tiare and heliotrope are components of this fragrance?

What confuses me is the supposedly good development of the vanilla note on my skin, because that has never gone well with me otherwise. But it seems it's not vanilla either.

Parfumo says that heliotrope is a purple bush that smells like vanilla and is also called the solstice.

When I read this, I have to smile inside. Because this fragrance is actually the solstice for me today. As crazy as the day is, he lays himself over me with a soft cashmeran and vanilla blanket and comforts me. And makes it beautiful. Did I mention he's getting real powdery, too? I think I'm a little in love!

In the evening on the way home I see my friends in the yard. The kids are hugging me, and I can't get out of their hugging claws. And I remember how I once met this girlfriend with the kids.

Her then one-year-old son was digging in the ground and she said she wouldn't scold him. Because she had lost a child before, even though she did everything. And she decided this time not to be so dogged and to approach life more positively and let it happen. Life itself is bad enough.

She said a sentence that I will never forget: "If you fall down, don't let yourself fall any further. That's never an option. Get up, life usually goes on."

I realize that vanilla and heliotrope are like friends. Both smell the same, but not all develop equally well. And I chose the positive option. Which remains strong, positive and always life-affirming. Both as a fragrance and in friendship.

And if you ever have a bad day, you just fall asleep with this alien. Think about whether it's worth getting angry about the little things in life. Or think about what is really important to you in life.

And please promise me one thing: that no matter what comes, you will let your joy of life, like fire, extinguish from nothing and no one (no matter how big or small) and may your own flame of your heart always shine. And that you continue in the positive, no matter what comes.

Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you, it will only burn what you are not. - Mooji

Epilog
And I know it would have happened either way. That I don't need Gale's fire, nourished by anger and hatred, to survive. I have enough fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in spring. The bright yellow that stands for rebirth and not destruction. A promise that life will go on regardless of our losses.

Suzann Collins
7.5 10.0 10.0 5.0/10

Lowbrow
Without any timidity or moderation – the truth about ALIEN EAU EXTRAORDINAIRE reveals in an instant after donning.

It is strong, a genuine extraterrestrial being. It is a leaner, taller, slenderer variation of the original ALIEN, almost scary. Fortunately it lets you breath, the cloud is not so massive as ALIEN’s. Extraordinaire? Hm. Dry and smileless, if it would be a flower, I would run to irrigate it. If it would be a person from literature, aunt Petunia from HP could be easily identified.

The bottle and packaging is beautiful, nevertheless it shows much meeker picture about the perfume than it would deserve. I do not own a bottle, but on base of my bad experience, believe, that the cap is the same cheap low quality one as on the original ALIEN.

Endurance: 8-9 hours on my skin.
7.5 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Dalmajen
A very brief appearance ...
I didn't think twice about purchasing this latest Alien version. In fact, I bought it blind, as I knew I would love it, when I read the notes. I realized it was An EDT, but knowing the strength of the original Alien, and how rich and long lasting the Essence Absolue is, I just assumed this would have a decent longevity.

The notes are so harmonious, and they blend together so beautifully! The Tiara flower is the shining star in this fragrance. It has such a tropical feel to it, and matches so perfectly with the Neroli, tea, and orange blossom top notes. So fresh, but not ultra citrusy. A perfect fragrance for hot and sticky days. I would wear this all year round, with no qualms at all! But alas..the downside. It just doesn't last. Not even two hours. This may not be the problem for everyone, but for fragrance absorbing skin, it is so very fleeting! I was heartbroken when I realized how quickly it faded, but love it so much, I just have to re-apply often. This may be a plus for lovers of light and soft fragrances. This does not resemble the original Alien, as the Tiara flower is softer than the jasmine used InThe original Alien. The dry down is so lovely. A gorgeous soft heliotrope , with the most delicate of ambers. I am still thrilled to own this beauty, and still have high hopes for a better performance in the hotter months to come. But for the time being I will spray generous amounts, and re-apply as needed!

Bcars10 23 months ago
Bitter top notes. Thankfully dries down much better. A soft and tender Alien for shy, timid perfumistas!+3
3.0