Alien (2009)Eau de Toilette

Alien (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cashmeran

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.11.2019.

2.0 10.0 10.0 0.5/10

No. Just no.
There are scents that raise questions. Mostly in the sense that you like them in principle, but the question remains: When should I wear this scent? Where, on what occasion? At a meeting with who?

Alien, on the other hand, provokes a completely different question for me, which is: Why? Why on earth can't this pushy powder monster be killed? For years you've been smelling it again and again, in the subway, on the street, at the shop assistant in the lingerie shop, and I haven't been a bit warm with this fragrance since I first got a taste. Alien's just too much. Of what? By...herself. When I smell Alien, I feel stunned, distracted, but not, as with many commentators, in a positive way. The only thing you could praise about Alien, the outstanding Sillage, is exactly what makes him my nightmare. He kills everything around him. My sense of smell, and my good mood right to it.

I say this only reluctantly, but apart from the Sillage, the durability of the fragrance is also extraordinary. For anyone who likes him, that's a great selling point. I was afraid after the first and last application that a commercial soap would not be sufficient to wash off the alien without causing massive dehydration damage to my skin.

Furthermore, I have noticed that the people around me, whom I would attest a good perfume taste, find Alien just as unacceptable through the bank as I do. I know there's no arguing about taste. But "Alien" is for me the litmus test, whether I can understand someone's perfume taste only halfway or not.

So to answer the question "Alien?" No. Just no.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Bright, sparkling and odd Summery jasmine
This fragrance is obviously a lighter and fresher version of Alien. It is far more wearable in the warmer months than the original and it has a little more sweetness in my opinion.

The jasmine in Alien EDT is almost watery, whereas the EDP was much richer and more floral. I can't detect the citrus opening in the EDT either, however the mandarin orange, which is the only fruit I can smell in Alien EDT, tends to be subtle and sweet.

For some people they'll find this version of Alien much more wearable. In all honesty I agree, however I ultimately prefer the original because it seems to have more character and uniqueness.

The amber in the drydown is very soft. The overall impression I found was that Alien EDT was intended to be more feminine and inoffensive, in other words, more appealing to those that disliked the original Alien.

The lasting strength is moderate, lasting around four to five hours on the skin. I do recommend this fragrance, however if you own and love the original Alien, I don't see the point in purchasing the EDT too.
7.5 8.0/10

Citrus Alien
Unmistakably Alien and doesn't venture too far from the original. That said, the citrus notes serve to lighten this Alien up a bit and make it sparkle. The result is somewhat akin to what Angel Innocent is to Angel; same basic fragrance,but lighter and fresher.

While some of the of the Alien flankers seem specifically targeted for either warm weather (ie., the Sunessences) or cold weather use (the Liqueur and La Gout versions), I find that this strikes a good middle ground and to be very suitable year round. I see this as more of a daytime scent in the winter and fall and as a nighttime fragrace for the warmer months. I have personally found this to be especially delicious on a summer evening and thinks it's a great choice for a warm weather night out.

by Luxi
by skanvidou
by Holly61
by Holly61

Popular Mugler / Thierry Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men / Angel Men by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Man by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Innocent by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot / Pure Energy by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler / Thierry Mugler