Alien Essence Absolue (2012)

Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
Alien Essence Absolue is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesHeliotrope, Iris, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesCashmeran, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, White amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.12.2019.

10.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

On earth as in heaven
How would an alien cigarette smell? How does a non-smoker come up with a question like that? But it actually confronts me when I perceive Essence Absolue. I imagine the mixture of the cigarette with lots of vanilla, amber, cashmeran and jasmine. Beautifully mixed, kept compact with resin and coated with heliotrope leaves. This unique, sweet smoky and rich balsamic vapour is created by igniting the mixture. A haze that causes a sensation on earth and in heaven!
The alien, which already enjoys sucking itself into the middle of the glowing glow stalk with a single pull of its five lungs, leans casually against its parked spaceship on its home planet TM and contemplates the starry sky. Deep blue to black, the glistening stars hang like sparkling diamonds on darkest velvet on the firmament, the more and less coloured planetary spheres stand out in different sizes and a comet with a golden tail pulls over the scenery. The alien's gaze follows him. But suddenly it pauses. It tries to focus the gaze more solidly. The tail star becomes unnaturally quickly unclear in the distance. The eyes of the alien are above ground sharp, his senses are alarmed. The comet just dives into a meteorite field and is swallowed bit by bit! Somewhere behind it, what is left of him will continue in a direction that has been changed by the countless collisions. But the alien won't know her. It has a mission. It must save its planet from the destructive rock rain, because the huge chunks are getting closer and closer and the rest of the spaceships are at war with Commander JP Gaultier above Earth. Alien TM-AEA has to do this alone. After all, it has something to make up for. His last appearance would have put almost half of the fleet out of action, because it had caused a big fire in the hangar by carelessly throwing away the flint while smoking. The Great Council had then suspended it from service and left it here with other warriors and guards to be guarded.
But now it could restore its reputation. Ascend to hero. Writing history.
A gentle pressure with one of his three fingers on his wrist and the alien finds himself inside his ship. Hastily but surely he presses the glowing and flashing buttons on the control panel in front of him and already the flight starts. A further push of a button activates the protective field to protect the ship's fairing and the protective device against magnetic fields which could cause the instruments and equipment on board to be disabled by the metal particles in the chunks. It is important to keep a cool head and to do the right thing in order not to endanger the dangerous mission. Besides, his hasty departure won't go unnoticed at headquarters. Maybe it's being shot at because it's suspected of being a deserter. A defector to Gaultier would be treason! It is now on its own, because the alien has also switched off the radio to keep the energy field in the ship as low as possible. Anything that creates force fields may still attract the meteorite chunks. There will be enough collisions even without them. Even if it is a masterly plane, the alien will not be able to avoid everything. But it does what it has to do and steers its ship highly determined and ready for anything.
A focused look at a transparent monitor with countless symbols and lines confirms the right moment to the alien. At a still safe distance, it fires its highly explosive projectiles in the direction of meteor rain and still pulls the ship's control around in the cone of light during firing. The propulsion and the dynamics of the slight rotation change the flight direction of the rockets fired, which now hit the lumps laterally instead of centrally. This and the unrestrained wave of the gigantic impact shift the trajectory. The power of the ship's projectiles is not enough to destroy them, but it is enough to manipulate their orbit if you hit the right spot. The alien continues the rotation until it can recognize its planet in front of it again and pulls the steering wheel again in the direction of meteorites. His next approach must divert the lumps in the middle field and his last the stragglers. His projectiles are sufficient for exactly three such attacks. If only one misses his target, his planet is history. With a giant bang and a glowing fireball, the rockets from the second attack come up on the lateral surfaces of the lumps and trigger a chain reaction from further collisions among them. Highly concentrated, the alien observes the scenery. None of the rocks may remain in their original orbit. Splinters from the bounced surfaces thunder against the spaceship's shields, but none of them can penetrate them. The engines glow as the alien pulls its turn from the flying debris field to the home planet to launch its final attack. It pulls its ship back into its orbit and increases thrust. It's got to hit the back rows of rocks this time. While it almost sees in slow motion the already diverted lumps passing by at a safe distance from ship and planet, it approaches its final blow inexorably. The finger on the detonator first presses lightly against it, but then the alien pushes it as far as it will go. The last floors are on their hopefully successful way. With glowing tails they thunder in the intended direction in front of them and finally come up with a violent impact on the outside of the rocks, which are finally pressed by the impact against the others, who in turn intercept the next, until finally each of them has made a bend in his flight. For a moment the alien hesitates, evaluates the image in front of him, spellbound and mute. Once again the shields are hit by splinters and ricochets and the ship is shaken. But the eyes of the alien remain unhindered on the scenery in front of him. No rock can escape it. Only when it's safe does it breathe easy. The danger is averted, the trajectory of all the lumps is changed in such a way that it allows them, even if close, to pass by the planet. The first disappear already seemingly slowly and weightlessly in the darkness. The others will follow. Planet TM is safe!
The Alien TM-AEA pulls its glowing glow stalk with pleasure and leans casually against its parked spaceship on its home planet TM and looks at the starry sky around it. This time it's not the glistening lights of the diamond stars that dazzle his eyes. It looks down to its chest. It is the numerous awards that sparkle and shine on the new uniform. The great council almost rolled over in praise.
A gentle pressure with one of his three fingers on his wrist and the alien is already inside his ship again. Again it presses the start button. Determined, pride. Brave.
Where does his next assignment lead? Alien TM-AEA is on its way near Earth.
There is still a great battle waiting to be decided...
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

My poppy seed back from Dr. Oet*ker
I've been thinking SO for a long time now about which delicacy the scented water (which I received thanks to @Berry) initially had such an intense smell of. I always saw myself eating something with a spoon or fork that I had eaten before when I sprayed it on. After reviewing the comments, I thought of vanilla pudding, but it wasn't that one. It smelled original like something...delicious...mmmhhh...no idea, dessert.

But do you know, if you want to come up with something, the term, name, thing etc. is within reach, but you just can't get it, because you are somehow nailed at this point, right?! :-)

On the way to the Packstation at even more pleasant temperatures I smelled my arm every time and I couldn't think of it. It just pissed me off that I didn't know what I was eating. And then it suddenly ran through me like lightning: MOHN-BACK from Dr. Oet*ker!!!!!!!! Yeah, right!!!!! This mixture of vanilla, bitter poppy seeds and lots of sugar blows around you all the time until you have processed it and spooned the leftovers. ^^
This scent virtually kills me when I spray on the scent freshly and for quite a long time, until my poppy seed back is finally processed, becomes weaker and the beautiful mixture of vanilla and the original alien base comes to light.

A great winter scent, but one that needs to be well dosed, because the poppy-seed back screams really well and long! ;-)
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

The diva goes to sleep
The diva returns from her performance. She gave her all on stage today. Her singing, her glow and a part of her charismatic soul. Now it's time to calm down. The audience has been asking for more encores for half an hour, but the diva knows when the perfect time to retire is.

Backstage she finally finds peace. Helpers strip off their glossy, luxurious robes and make them up lovingly. The diva enjoys the silence and the tender hands. Even without make-up she is beautiful, she transforms into a fragile and graceful girl. The long, dark hair lies heavy on her shoulders and exudes a beguiling scent. Very sweet,heavy and woody at the same time.
Wrapped only in a silk coat, she says goodbye and takes a dark walk into her own chambers. The ground her bare feet touch is cool, the air earthy. On her way she also perceives a slightly flowery scent and knows that a soothing bath is waiting for her. Arrived in her own four walls, she envelops herself in twilight and inner peace spreads within her. The diva smiles and glides into a golden tub with exquisite ingredients. She washes away the long, exhausting day and lets herself fall into the night.
In her bedchamber her playmates are already waiting for the night. In half darkness, on silky sheets, the bodies blur into each other. It doesn't matter who or how many there are. Everyone takes in the diva full of yearning desire and gives her a lustful, passionate night. Her still wet body falls exhausted and satisfied in deep long sleep.

If the original alien is the diva on stage, I would regard the Essence Absolue as a quieter, deeper and withdrawn version. The strong jasmine note is less represented here. It's a really heavy, intense Oriental. Beautiful and complex. It radiates a deep peace and at the same time animal eroticism, which I have not perceived in any fragrance before. Because it is not so loud, I find it very pleasant and wearable. The durability is enormous. The aura is perfectly balanced and not overstraining. The bottle is actually reminiscent of a woman's rear view and leaves room for one's own fantasies. The colour of the almost golden-brown liquid perfectly matches the character of the fragrance. I could even imagine the fragrance on a man, although in my opinion the feminine parts predominate.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

A Warmer Alien
Alien Esscen Absolue shares the same base with the original Alien but stands out on its own with a very distinctive note. Unfortunately this note turned my stomach over. It smelt like rotten tomate layered on Alien on me. But if it works with your chemistry and you're a fan of Alien, I think it worths a try. It captures the spirit of the original Alien but still different enough to add in one's collection. The sillage and the longevity is typical TM quality, nice!

Originally written in 2013

Alien Essence Absolue 2012
What is there to say about Alien Absolue.
Well first off...i adore Alien and just when i thought i began to love Womanity more lately I am really starting to become more fond of Alien. Alien Absolue is no exception. So let's get started with the Pro's and Con's.
Pro's:
Alien Absolue is more of the heart and base of the original Alien fragrance.It starts out with the amazing Jasmine but then it quickly transforms into the delicious Vanilla and Amber and stays there for the remainder of the fragrance.It is very similar to Angel Liquor 2009 so much so i am happy they have released it if you loved Alien liquor 2009 but couldn't get it. If you feel the original Alien was too sharp for you this release is a crowd pleaser and will not offend. The bottle is gorgeous and unique with its golden yellow liquid. I think this fragrance is worth the purchase if you have never tried Alien and couldn't handle the original.
Con's:
I found that when i tried this in person at the mall it was more intense than what i received from the Mugler online store and i mean seriously an all together fragrance than what i received..what i tested smelled more of like a pure parfume version versus what i got..which disappointed me a lot. I was expecting the same intensity and did not get it. Which makes me really question what happened outside with lighting vs pure parfums offered on displays for testing versus the what you really receive which is only an EDP version..it's not unheard of and is used as a marketing technique to lure the customer to buy the fragrance. I have heard many cases of this happening versus how something is stored...a person knows their fragrances if they have smelled them and been around them long enough...I know, I know a real shocker but don't be surprised when this happens to you because it does happen at times..people will tell you its lighting but its not..just go online and you will see many people complain of the same thing and many insiders admit that this is done at times..don't let it ruin your over all fragrance experience..just keep on moving to the next fragrance.. Anyways..so outside of that major disappointment...the fragrance did not win me over from what i originally smelled at the counter..what i smelled at the counter was so intense and extreme it surpassed the original Alien because the Vanilla and Amber were so intense and so long lasting that it left such an impression on me that i had to buy it and waited patiently to finally get it like a little kid getting their first toy LOL...but seriously it was that good and then what i got was just a basic EDP. Which is fine but it didn't wow me. In the end i feel that my Alien Liquor from 2009 is better than what i got..in matter of fact the original Alien is better than this and now i feel like i should have gotten the original Alien instead and probably will when i get a chance just to make myself feel better about the whole ordeal LOL. You know how us women are!Plus i wish we got more for what we paid for meaning i wish they had it in 3-3.4 full oz's versus only 2oz's now. And if you really love this fragrance you will wish that too!
So...I think Absolue is a wonderful fragrance overall especially for those who can't stomach the original Alien and if you love Vanilla and Amber your going to adore this fragrance and I may keep it as an addition to my collection just in case i can't get Alien Liquor 2009 anymore being one it's a limited edition and they don't make it anymore and two that the 2013 version of Alien Liquor has changed its notes slightly and its not the same as 2009 and Alien Absolue is the closest thing to it that i can get permanently from the Mugler line. But i prefer the original classic Alien over this version and do not believe it is more intense than the original version and think they should have named it something other than intense because over all this is a more wearable version than the original but to me the original is more wearable because i love loud fragrances because to me in my opinion they last longer and your definitely going to have a better experience with the sillage overall. But because this will be a crowd pleaser i know this will be a success and hit for the Mugler fans. As with any Mugler fragrances though you will not be disappointed it will be worth the money..you get what you pay for. It is long lasting and the sillage is good versus the old the sillage is great. But with this one you may disagree and feel like the sillage is just right because the original is very loud so you will know what suits you the best! Enjoy!
7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Definitely Alien
Disclaimer: I an Alien girl, the original is my signature, and so far I have loved all of the flankers that I've smelled, too. So I am definitely partial. With that in mind, I agree with the previous reviewers. This is essentially a richer, more mature and rounded Alien, not to mention more expensive and with a narrower product range.

For me, the vanilla is instantly discernible amid the blast of jasmine, but the jasmine subsides a lot faster than in the original, giving way to the softer, deeper notes. Wood and amber are there, and apparently incense, myrrh and orris root as well in the best oriental tradition. It lacks the original Alien's occasional harshness, but is not for the faint of heart either: at least for me, it drowns out other perfumes easily. An excellent autumn/winter scent.

I generally like flankers when they are well made, because I like having different takes on my favourite fragrances to wear for different occasions without having to deviate from my signature. If you were underwhelmed or repulsed by the original, you probably won't care for this one, either. In the end this perfume rises and falls with Alien. I love both, but not enough to warrant buying both as full bottles. Essence Absolue is a close contender with the original for a permanent place in my closet.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

I'm in Heaven....
This is the music that comes to mind, Dancing cheek to cheek...I feel like a fool! Why have I fallen in the Alien trap! It seems to draw me in, with lovely soft kid gloves. I'm always saying that there is no age limits on perfume...and you should always wear what you love, and what suits you. But, I'm almost embarrassed how much I love the both of these versions! Essence has almost the same exact Jasmine opening, as the original Alien...as I have worn both on opposite wrists to compare). It seems to be just a slight degree softer. And, it doesn't rush to the vanilla straight away...the jasmine shines on...and then, the vanilla slinks in..ever so slowly. And what a lovely little vanilla it is! So soft, and creamy..just right. It makes me feel happy wearing it..A very modern fragrance..but, it finally struck me why I love it! It has the longevity of the older perfumes..That's what enticed me in the first place! Essence Absolue has it's own personality...and it's up to you to try it, and decide. It certainly has me hooked..a modern fragrance, which conjures up the music of long ago...

Digindirt
All for one and One for all
Creamy and smooth, very lady-like fragrance that has stolen a lot of hearts. There is a warm, syrupy richness that cannot be dismissed with that ever present kick that has lovers of this house in a trance.

My impression is that it smells a lot like every other Mugler on the market. Sure the Amber is velvety, the Vanilla and Wood are dreamy, but the signature Mugler-aide remains present throughout. This is probably more wearable than many of the others such as Angel and Womanity but it remains too close to comfort to justify the whopping price it demands.

Originality is not a strong suit of this house. I suppose the cult following is partially to blame as this house keeps popping out the same fragrance in a different bottle. I would venture to say that if just for once, they change the flavor and produce something even remotely different, the star status would be lost. As the old saying goes, "If it 'ain't broke don't fix it"

If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

ScentedSalon 3 years ago
Syrupy vanilla/myrrh with perfect sillage and good lasting power. Don't pay $100 for this beauty: it can be had cheaply if you look.+2

1000 Dank euch für die tolle Rückmeldung *_*
by Torrance2002
by IIespresso
by IIespresso

Popular Mugler / Thierry Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men / Angel Men by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Man by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Innocent by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot / Pure Energy by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler / Thierry Mugler