Alien Sunessence by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Alien Sunessence is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2009. The scent is citrusy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Amber, Jasmine, Lemon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.07.2016

7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Jasmine and a splash of lemon
Alien Sunessence Legere intrigued me many years ago with its beautiful, sunny yellow bottle and light jasmine accords. The Summer where I live always has beautiful sunshine, but is often ruined by cold, forceful winds. I think this fragrance is perfect for those days, when it's not too hot nor too cold.

The jasmine in this fragrance is pretty and fresh, with subtle hints of sugared lemon and slightly synthetic green notes. At times it reminds me of Annick Goutal's Le Jasmin, just without the ginger. It's impossible for me to dislike this fragrance, but I must admit that at times the plastic-ky jasmine does give me a headache and an odd feeling of distaste.

Jasmine, despite being a well-loved flower, is difficult to represent in fragrances. The original Alien only just manages to present it well in my opinion, however I much prefer Alien EDT, because of its softness. This flanker, although pretty, is so sharp with all the lemon, that it begins to smell a little like cleaning products and laundry detergent.

It also reminds me of Jean Paul Gaultier's Ma Dame, which is a fragrance that I'll either love some days or hate the next. Regardless of my finicky nature, Alien Sunessence Legere is something that I definitely enjoy, even if I doesn't agree with me all the time.

The longevity and sillage are so God-damn strong, but in a good way. I guess you can always rely on Thierry Mugler for providing you with quality every single time. In conclusion, Alien Sunessence Legere is a wearable jasmine based scent with the complimentative brightness of lemon, vanilla and green nuances.

by IIespresso