Angel Eau Sucrée (2014)

Angel Eau Sucrée is a popular limited perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Clarins. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesRed berry sorbet
Heart Notes Heart NotesCaramelized meringue
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 05.12.2019.

10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Schnupperl
I actually still love one of Mugler's angels :)
Where to start...
I don't like the primal angel at all. I recently tested Angel Muse, he's a genius. So I took a closer look at Angel Surcrée. I think the fragrance pyramid is very tasty. I was given a small bottle of this fragrance and had to test it naturally.

Right after the job, I notice red, sour berries. Personally, I don't find that sour note that pleasant. Thank God it won't last long. I notice quite quickly that the acid becomes softer and the fragrance gets some sweetness. The scent develops more and more in the sweet direction, acid is soft. Baiser mixes in, also bissl vanilla and bissl patchouli. In the beginning I found the scent ok, it becomes more and more beautiful after a short time and I like it very much until then.

Developed I float in the seventh fragrance or gourmand sky:
A beautifully arranged plate with meringue, garnished with sugared and slightly sour red berry sorbet, a dash of vanilla sauce and a patchouli leaf. My God, it's dreamy.

The shelf life and Sillage are good.

Angel Sucrée is definitely worth a test. Even if you don't like the Ur-Angel :).

Not my Sweetheart...:
I've never had a fishing rod before. Somehow lacked the attraction ... all raved about it . In this time the perfumes were worn overdosed what deter me read these to test ...
With this fragrance pyramid I couldn't help but order it almost blindly...I simply can't help ordering blindly ....
So the next day I went to the "Come in and find out" the sellers had to open an extra pack because there was no tester.
It was just before closing time and wanted to like him somehow and just take him with me...but something kept me..from the beginning was something stinging to smell,with time it got worse and worse and it smelled like cat urine.
At home I had strong headaches, couldn't believe that I could get this from a scent.
But it was definitely the scent ...with a lot of effort I could scrub it from my wrist ...but the headaches unfortunately remained a little bit .::
Very, very sad !! This fragrance pyramid sounded soooo yummi ...but unfortunately we do not fit together ..:
2.0 10.0 10.0 4.5/10

Modern Art
That is so incredibly sweet. I don't smell certain notes, just something very sugary. Something edible with something towards vanilla. I don't even want to eat sweets like that, it makes me nauseous...
I don't like the smell, too sweet, too much like a dessert.
But I really respect the Mugler fragrances. They are incredibly iconic and unique. They stand out so much from the mass of fragrances that once you smell them, you can recognize them again and again without the slightest doubt. I don't think the purpose of this fragrance is necessarily wearability. It's haute couture, it's about presentation, about exploring what's possible, about art for art's sake.
Like modern art, you're glad that it exists, it was important for the further development of art, but you wouldn't hang it in your living room then either.
That's Angel. I take my hat off from the scent, but NEVER wear NÄÄÄH.
7.0/10

Softened, sweetened, modnernised. Angel
The "sherbet" and "meringue" notes come across as purely "sweet" to me, but not cloying. I smell the red fruits, and a softened but still very recognisable version of the original Angel.

More fruity than I expected. I don't notice any of the sherbet, caramel or meringue notes. However like it, and can definitely smell the Angel "DNA" so to speak but the complete scent is easily told apart from the original and much more modern and wearable.

Hayven
If you don't like Angel...try this
I've tried flanker after flanker of Angel and disliked most of them except one or two (the edt and Liqueur de Parfum Création 2013). I don't know why perfume hobbyists such as myself push to test over and over the same perfumes we dislike in hopes we develop a new-found love in them...

I was lucky to have a member on Fragrantica obtain a sample of this for me as a Nordstrom was not close by for testing (this was a Nordstrom exclusive for a little while; I was able to get it at Sephora today). She said it was an Angel flanker for people who don't like Angel. I took her word for it; and she was right!

The sherbet gives the perfume a nice tart bite at the beginning. This still has a bit of Angel's patchouli in the base, but it's not overwhelming by any means. The drydown is a creamy berry meringue. I finally found a flanker to love.

by JulieFä91
by Hayven
by MatBen
by MatBen

Popular Mugler / Thierry Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men / Angel Men by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Man by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Innocent by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot / Pure Energy by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler / Thierry Mugler