La Rose Angel by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Flacon Design: Thierry Mugler
La Rose Angel (Mugler / Thierry Mugler)
La Rose Angel (Mugler / Thierry Mugler)
La Rose Angel is a perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-flowery. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cumin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPlum, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesDark chocolate, Caramel, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.10.2016

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Angels refined cousin....
I had the chance to purchase this lovely fragrance, and bought it blind. The notes sounded so inviting, I just had to try it! I am so glad I did! This is really a fabulous fragrance. I have had Angel in the past, and found it OK..not one of my real favorites, just OK..so, I wondered what Angel would smell like, with a twist. The opening is a blast of green bergamot, almost like the green stems of the roses had been crushed together with the bergamot. I was worried this note would remain throughout, and was momentarily disappointed. But no, after a few minutes the note settled into a lovely soft rose, combined with a nice juicy plum. This is not a fruity plum, but a sort of soft anchor for the Rose. After awhile , I could pick up on the Angel vibe, but this was not the shout in your face Angel. This is the refined cousin, who has been to Private Schools, and has elocution lessons. She has beautiful manners, and knows when to appear, and always comes across like a lady. The longevity is very good, and sillage as well. The dry down is just beautiful! Not too sweet, but the caramel and chocolate/patch is there. I have already worn this several times, and each time I enjoy it more. Presentation is lovely, the bottle, box, velvet pouch...it all goes with the concept. Yes, I am impressed with this lovely little lady. The elegant, and refined cousin of Angel....
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Rose patchouli bomb!
Wonderful strong perfume, highly recommended to those who adore Angel flankers especially innocent. Dominating patchouli aroma, yet not heavy of heady and could wear it even in the summer. The rose in not strong though, while it is spicy enough to keep it very interesting. I am sure if you start collecting Mugler perfumes you would never stop doing it because the secret lies in the formulation and you become a Mugler addict. I am thinking of trying the whole Garden collection. Super choice!
La Rose Angel
I love the rose note in this when you first spray it on the skin. It's very nice and fresh smelling in the beginning. I wish the rose smell would last throughout the dry down stage but unfortunately it doesn't. If the rose would have lasted longer, it would have been a "love" for me but since it doesn't, it's a "like" instead. What I mostly get in the dry down on my skin is the patchouli and caramel making it smell too similar to the original Angel which I admittedly don't care for. At least this is lighter, which in my opinion, saves it from being too "in your face" which is exactly why I don't like the original Angel. If you don't care for the original Angel and find it a little "too much" like I do, you may want to give this one a try. It's definitely a nice alternative.
jtd
pink angel
I haven’t tried the other Angel Jardin fragrances, but this seemed like the logical one of the group. In the original Angel, the screaming white floral is deflected by the patchouli, creating the discord that makes Angel such a blast. Substituting rose for the mixed white floral should make for a perfume that is loud and expansive, just not as jarring as Angel. Rose has a natural ‘in’ to patchouli. The tart wine like and peppery rose elements join easily with the earthy patchouli notes.

Others have said that the drydowns of all the Jardins are the same---more or less that of Angel. Because there is less cotton candy in La Rose, and at least a remnant of the rose remains in place until drydown to match the patch, the drydown isn’t simply overtaken by the ‘Angel’ side of La Rose. Somehow, La Rose has Angels’s ridiculousness, its silliness but not its sense of mania and jeopardy.

I dog many of the Angel imitators for not understanding that the inherent conflict is what makes Angel a brilliant perfume. They tend to copy the surface and miss the point by miles. The ride La Rose takes you on is loud and fabulous like Angel’s, but not as risky, and therefore should not work. But it does. It’s a smart spin on Angel, and not simply a copy of patchouli/candy/flowers without intention, my complaint against the Angel imitators.

People are very attuned to the different tones of laughter. La Rose’s is like the laughter of friends relaxing, smoking a joint and dishing a bit. A lot of giggling, a little laughing til you cry. It releases the tensions of the week and makes the group feel close. Angel has that irrational, inappropriate laugh of someone at a cocktail party that makes everyone unconsciously take a nervous step away. It’s the laugh of someone who breaks unspoken social form because she’s unbalanced in a way that sort of scares you. It doesn’t relax inhibitions and bring a group together. It raises hackles and all the pre-arranged ‘time to leave’ cues start passing back and forth between couples.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Rich, syrupy rose and dark chocolate
I love Angel for its uniqueness and dominating presence, so I was really eager to try the Angel Garden of Stars range.

This fragrance was the first one I tried and honestly I disliked it at first. My nose was assaulted with a strong burst of pink pepper, coumarin and heavy, old-fashioned rose. The opening was so loud that I was almost shocked, which is weird because I usually love bold and 'out there' fragrances.

It pays to be patient with La Rose. After the loud and incredibly rosy introduction subsides, the rose note softens into a beautiful powdery and feminine scent. It's hard to believe its the same fragrance that I had been smelling only minutes before.

The delicate rose note transcends effortlessly into the drydown to blend with the vanilla, caramel, chocolate and patchouli which makes for a truly delightful gourmand experience. The patchouli in La Rose is much dryer and lighter than in the original Angel where it can become quite overbearing.

Overall the lasting strength and sillage is as good as Angel, it will last and last. The drydown was the highlight for me by far. One of the most beautiful gourmand blends I have ever come across.
Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
The Battle of Angel vs. La Rose
In the battle of Angel vs. La Rose, Angel has prevailed in ANGEL LA ROSE, a flanker explicitly claimed on its packaging to be a tribute to the unmistakeable, unforgettable—and, to me, utterly unwearable—ANGEL. To my nose, ANGEL is the perfumic equivalent of a garbage pizza. I am therefore relieved to be able to report that fully half of the notes which conspire to make ANGEL such a concoction have been edited away, leaving a luscious caramelized patchouli base to buoy the rose. Because the base is so strong, however, it really does drown out the floral quality of this composition, with the overall effect of the ANGEL base plus a few rose petals attempting with limited success to break through the wall of sweet patchouli.

In spite of its lack of subtlety, I like ANGEL LA ROSE. I regard this as a successful composition because it manages to capture the spirit of ANGEL while actually being enjoyable to wear—within the privacy of one's own home. Definitely not appropriate for the office or public transportation or any other hors de boudoir context which comes immediately to mind.