La Rose Angel by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
La Rose Angel is a perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cumin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPlum, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesDark chocolate, Caramel, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.09.2019.

8.0 5.0 8.0 7.0/10

Domesticated Angel
La Rose strikes on my skin like the drydown of Angel, loud patchouli + choco-caramel combo. It then soon dissipates.

Then comes the heart which is my favourite part. Plum, bergamot, patchouli and some pepper, displayed on a rose carpet. Underneath hide chocolate and caramel, which I catch a whiff from time to time. The rose is never dominate, but helps to blend everything in. It acts more like the caramel in Alien the Taste of Fragrance if you understand what I mean.

Towards the drydown, the patch + choco-caramel combo becomes more and more prominent but never to full strength like the original. Though I love the typical Angel base notes, I still wish the middle parts could last longer as it combines classic Angel elements but restructures and brings something new to the table.

The sillage and longevity are both significantly softer. If you're looking for a toned down Angel, this can be a good option. However, if you're looking for an extraordinary rose dominante fragrance, I'm afraid this might not meet your expectation.
9.0 9.0 10.0 8.5/10

Melancholy
In comparison: Angel in its original form: in my nose, heart and soul a wave of melancholy, thickly wrapping, almost spinning, sticking the threads and not letting go, a suction of deepest mysticism at the abyss to sadness, pulling down, in a flood of turbidity I finally sink into it. Emotionally. Intensive black. Tons heavy...yet...magical-fascinating. I'm falling into a trap. Angel in his original form.

La Rose Angel: The darkness slightly turned away, but still the typical Angel DNA in the blood, in the beginning a flare of hope, almost exhilarated, a smile, nevertheless more breathed up than done, scurries over the face of this creature, only to find back to his original genes in the next moment and let the corners of his mouth sink again. Angel stays Angel to me, no matter what you contribute.
In the beginning, pepper and bergamot are only able to counteract easily. A very ripe plum and a darkest rose, after a few moments of glimmer of hope, take hold of an exhilarated angel, the same at his wings, and, suffocating the flight that has begun, push it back to the ground. Without understanding, the winged one looks skywards. How he would have liked to have climbed up into the air, turning his circles under the azure sky, feeling the breezes in his feathers and letting his skin caress with the warmth of the sun. But now he kneels conquered at the bottom, the longing tears his painful heart apart and there it is again. This feeling that many Angels have given me. This melancholy. Afflictive. Precipitating. The dark chocolate that is given to me as a consolation does not comfort me, on the contrary. The longer I nibble at her, the more I feel the darkness approaching again.

Unfortunately, I am also denied access to a more luminous scent experience with this fishing rod. His mixtures overwhelm my senses and mercilessly guide my thoughts towards the already distant cloudiness.
La Rose Angel, which shows a promising bright flare for a moment (for my fishing terms) due to its opening with the top note, gradually falls back into the dreaded melancholy.
To be able to carry it, I would have to be in absolute and dopter top form and my state of mind sky-high cheering and irrefutably screwed to my soul, in order to be able to defy the willpower of the pink camouflaged water with deep red soul.
I'd like to hope so! Hope for an angel who rises up, is cheerful and more cheerful than his ancestors. But until the time has come, I wait for him and cherish the anticipation that he will then take me by the hand on his flight and finally transform my inexhaustible search into the long awaited salvation...

How I would like to taste of the sweet, juicy, flowery things that are so finely described here. But my perception is completely different.
So...! Enough lamenting...!
I'm going to have a nice cup of coffee...for my soul...!
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Angels refined cousin....
I had the chance to purchase this lovely fragrance, and bought it blind. The notes sounded so inviting, I just had to try it! I am so glad I did! This is really a fabulous fragrance. I have had Angel in the past, and found it OK..not one of my real favorites, just OK..so, I wondered what Angel would smell like, with a twist. The opening is a blast of green bergamot, almost like the green stems of the roses had been crushed together with the bergamot. I was worried this note would remain throughout, and was momentarily disappointed. But no, after a few minutes the note settled into a lovely soft rose, combined with a nice juicy plum. This is not a fruity plum, but a sort of soft anchor for the Rose. After awhile , I could pick up on the Angel vibe, but this was not the shout in your face Angel. This is the refined cousin, who has been to Private Schools, and has elocution lessons. She has beautiful manners, and knows when to appear, and always comes across like a lady. The longevity is very good, and sillage as well. The dry down is just beautiful! Not too sweet, but the caramel and chocolate/patch is there. I have already worn this several times, and each time I enjoy it more. Presentation is lovely, the bottle, box, velvet pouch...it all goes with the concept. Yes, I am impressed with this lovely little lady. The elegant, and refined cousin of Angel....
10.0 7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Rose patchouli bomb!
Wonderful strong perfume, highly recommended to those who adore Angel flankers especially innocent. Dominating patchouli aroma, yet not heavy of heady and could wear it even in the summer. The rose in not strong though, while it is spicy enough to keep it very interesting. I am sure if you start collecting Mugler perfumes you would never stop doing it because the secret lies in the formulation and you become a Mugler addict. I am thinking of trying the whole Garden collection. Super choice!

La Rose Angel
I love the rose note in this when you first spray it on the skin. It's very nice and fresh smelling in the beginning. I wish the rose smell would last throughout the dry down stage but unfortunately it doesn't. If the rose would have lasted longer, it would have been a "love" for me but since it doesn't, it's a "like" instead. What I mostly get in the dry down on my skin is the patchouli and caramel making it smell too similar to the original Angel which I admittedly don't care for. At least this is lighter, which in my opinion, saves it from being too "in your face" which is exactly why I don't like the original Angel. If you don't care for the original Angel and find it a little "too much" like I do, you may want to give this one a try. It's definitely a nice alternative.

pink angel
I haven’t tried the other Angel Jardin fragrances, but this seemed like the logical one of the group. In the original Angel, the screaming white floral is deflected by the patchouli, creating the discord that makes Angel such a blast. Substituting rose for the mixed white floral should make for a perfume that is loud and expansive, just not as jarring as Angel. Rose has a natural ‘in’ to patchouli. The tart wine like and peppery rose elements join easily with the earthy patchouli notes.

Others have said that the drydowns of all the Jardins are the same---more or less that of Angel. Because there is less cotton candy in La Rose, and at least a remnant of the rose remains in place until drydown to match the patch, the drydown isn’t simply overtaken by the ‘Angel’ side of La Rose. Somehow, La Rose has Angels’s ridiculousness, its silliness but not its sense of mania and jeopardy.

I dog many of the Angel imitators for not understanding that the inherent conflict is what makes Angel a brilliant perfume. They tend to copy the surface and miss the point by miles. The ride La Rose takes you on is loud and fabulous like Angel’s, but not as risky, and therefore should not work. But it does. It’s a smart spin on Angel, and not simply a copy of patchouli/candy/flowers without intention, my complaint against the Angel imitators.

People are very attuned to the different tones of laughter. La Rose’s is like the laughter of friends relaxing, smoking a joint and dishing a bit. A lot of giggling, a little laughing til you cry. It releases the tensions of the week and makes the group feel close. Angel has that irrational, inappropriate laugh of someone at a cocktail party that makes everyone unconsciously take a nervous step away. It’s the laugh of someone who breaks unspoken social form because she’s unbalanced in a way that sort of scares you. It doesn’t relax inhibitions and bring a group together. It raises hackles and all the pre-arranged ‘time to leave’ cues start passing back and forth between couples.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Rich, syrupy rose and dark chocolate
I love Angel for its uniqueness and dominating presence, so I was really eager to try the Angel Garden of Stars range.

This fragrance was the first one I tried and honestly I disliked it at first. My nose was assaulted with a strong burst of pink pepper, coumarin and heavy, old-fashioned rose. The opening was so loud that I was almost shocked, which is weird because I usually love bold and 'out there' fragrances.

It pays to be patient with La Rose. After the loud and incredibly rosy introduction subsides, the rose note softens into a beautiful powdery and feminine scent. It's hard to believe its the same fragrance that I had been smelling only minutes before.

The delicate rose note transcends effortlessly into the drydown to blend with the vanilla, caramel, chocolate and patchouli which makes for a truly delightful gourmand experience. The patchouli in La Rose is much dryer and lighter than in the original Angel where it can become quite overbearing.

Overall the lasting strength and sillage is as good as Angel, it will last and last. The drydown was the highlight for me by far. One of the most beautiful gourmand blends I have ever come across.
7.5 7.0/10

The Battle of Angel vs. La Rose
In the battle of Angel vs. La Rose, Angel has prevailed in ANGEL LA ROSE, a flanker explicitly claimed on its packaging to be a tribute to the unmistakeable, unforgettable—and, to me, utterly unwearable—ANGEL. To my nose, ANGEL is the perfumic equivalent of a garbage pizza. I am therefore relieved to be able to report that fully half of the notes which conspire to make ANGEL such a concoction have been edited away, leaving a luscious caramelized patchouli base to buoy the rose. Because the base is so strong, however, it really does drown out the floral quality of this composition, with the overall effect of the ANGEL base plus a few rose petals attempting with limited success to break through the wall of sweet patchouli.

In spite of its lack of subtlety, I like ANGEL LA ROSE. I regard this as a successful composition because it manages to capture the spirit of ANGEL while actually being enjoyable to wear—within the privacy of one's own home. Definitely not appropriate for the office or public transportation or any other hors de boudoir context which comes immediately to mind.

by Cincy
by Sherapop
by Romy1050
by Romy1050

Popular Mugler / Thierry Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men / Angel Men by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Man by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Innocent by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot / Pure Energy by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler / Thierry Mugler