Violette Angel by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Flacon Design: Thierry Mugler
Violette Angel (Mugler / Thierry Mugler)
Violette Angel is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2005. The scent is flowery-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesHyacinth, Violet leaf, Sugar
Heart Notes Heart NotesWoods, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.01.2016

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Miss Violette
Ethyl Maltol. In such concentrations that my poor unsophisticated olfactory apparatus shuts down and won't register anything else.

Oh dear, I feel like a doddery old fool insisting I don't understand the music the kids are listening to.

AND they play it too loud. ;-)

I shall persist. I shall not accept perfume generation gap. I'm sure that fault lies with me. Surely the youth of today know what's what?

All self deprecation aside, I can pick a sweet sweet orange oil and something quite violet-like, maybe even a hint of violet leaf. There's something long, cool and pepperminty. Nose against the skin the effect is very sticky and syrupy, the sillage more ethereal - like the breath of someone who's popped a strong mint and a violet pastille in their mouth at once, savoured and then rinsed with raspberry cordial. I'm persisting... I have to try so hard with it to get something beyond the confectioners' sugar.

Just as it's hard to get to know anything beyond the superficial when talking with someone who's the life of the party, so it is with this: carapaced with a sugary floss that acts as shield and armour protecting complexity of personality.

Maybe that's the post-modern point. Scent is analogous to the in-public face we wear. It's meant to be a show, a façade. We save our real self (as is proper and special) for our intimates. What scent does the Angel girl wear at home?

Six hours in there's something pretty, spicy and powdery going on. Egoiste for teenage girls. With. Sugary. Floss.

How successfully this scent achieves its aim. I would not be at all displeased if a young person of my acquaintance favoured this scent. And I am grateful to it for being such a fine example of its kind that I learned a thing or two.
Scent 9.0/10
Violet winter wonderland
This is so whimsical , when i wear it , it makes me think of majical fairy forests, sprinkled in glittering snow..... Absolutley Gorgeous !

Shame its dammed discontinued , like all the perfumes I really love
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Sugary and powdered violets
I love the smell of violets when they are not too strong or too powdery. In this fragrance they are perfect.

Violette Angel is delicate, fresh, green and sweet. It is surprisingly quite warm and comforting, almost like a cashmere blanket draped over your shoulders. This is indeed a Wintery scent.

I love that this fragrance is sweet without being too sweet. Forget cotton candy, think lightly sugared violets, powdery almost.

This is by far my favourite from the Garden of Stars collection. I loved it the moment I sprayed it, even before I let it develop. And let me tell you, the drydown is divine. Soft and powdery vanilla with the slightest hint of violet.

Once again the sillage and lasting strength does not disappoint, Thierry Mugler fragrances rarely do. This fragrance gets the thumbs up from me.