Angel Muse (2016) Eau de Parfum

Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2016. The scent is gourmand-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Red berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesHazelnut creme
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Georgia May Jagger, photographed by Sølve Sundsbø.

Where's my Hanuta?
Monsieur Mugler and I will no longer be best friends in this life. And I like Angel... when my neighbor wears it. On her it smells wonderful and the felt for 3 days, on me the scent is unfortunately not perceptible after 2 hours, neither for me nor for others. I don't know, how that goes with such a wumms-fragrance... I like aliens too... when my daughter wears them. She makes him smell so mysterious. He smells like a mosquito kettle on me, but lasts the said 3 days. Thank you for nothing!

I had already come to terms with the fact that I did not correspond to Monsieur Mugler's target group when I discovered Womanity 2 years ago, who stood by me faithfully and freshly for a whole summer. So soothed, I was even willing to try Angel Muse. The perfume connoisseur of my trust had assured me several times before that he was not to be compared with Angel and that I could try a spray attempt calmly. I firmly held my wrist out to her and... was totally disappointed! It smelled like a wet dog! Oh, no! Oh, no! This only happens when I use a scent that contains too much iris in some form or form.

But before I had really finished bathing in my self-pity, the grapefruit, which had probably let the wet dog out in the beginning, suddenly became much friendlier. Patchouli came by as a rescuer in distress and held his protective hand over me. He watched over the grapefruit and the wet dog and made sure that no one got cheeky on my skin anymore, but that a really pleasant, warm scent could unfold. And that scent stayed overnight! He celebrated with me through and danced while others danced again and again on and in the nose around. I really like to use it now when I need a fragrance I can rely on. I know that wet dog won't stay long! :D

Monsieur Mugler has found something for me that makes us forget the arguments of the last years. You could say we greet each other again! :) The hazelnut cream, which is contained according to the fragrance pyramid, he didn't treat me to. He kept my Hanuta! ;)
8.0 9.0 10.0 6.0/10

Marilyn25
Hazelnut cream with grapefruit or the dancing woman
Angel Muse starts off citrically and tangy with the grapefruit, but right from the start the hazelnut cream mixes with it, like Nutella without chocolate. The scent is very intense and with only one sprayer very well perceptible in the environment. Unfortunately, he developed too strong an obtrusive note in me. Angel Muse demands space, is present, shouts: "Hello, here I am!" . The Sillage is very strong, so strong that my father asked me to wash off the scent before eating. If he were a person, he would be a lively little blonde woman who, despite her small size, stands out because she wears a bright purple dress and high heels. It sprays with energy and good humour and thus infects the environment. She dances through the area and spreads a sweet, gourmandigen smell, the hair tied to a kessen Zopf. She also drinks grapefruit lemonade.

This fragrance has an enormous shelf life and sillage. Even after washing the dishes it was still very good to smell.
It is certainly good for the colder season and in the evening. Maybe in a purple dress and high heels?

It's a pity that he develops such a penetrating note with me, otherwise I would have liked to have liked him.

Finchen1976
Muse - cough syrup for spraying
To all museum lovers - I'm sorry already! Honestly At the airport I could and wanted to test the muse because of the great comments and the beautiful bottle. (I like to test at airports - you don't have anything to do except waiting!) And whoops, a generous sprayer landed on my hand.

The fragrance pyramid honestly doesn't tell me anything, I don't smell hazelnut either. But cough syrup! Herbal, sweet, like a spilled liqueur. Also my travelling girlfriend reminded the smell of me of something from grandma's herb rack. Or maybe Ricola or something. :-)

Not unpleasant, but no nice scent on me either. It doesn't smell like perfume.

I don't know if I want to retest it and give it a second chance.

I don't think so.

PS: Again there is no rating, I can imagine quite well that the smell smells stunning on the right person.

6.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Here I am - the golden center
This fragrance is a statement, whoever wears this fragrance is greeted everywhere with a smile. This fragrance pleases and attracts attention. Not for delicate wallflowers who prefer to be alone. This fragrance envelops you like a comforting cloud of charisma and charm. This woman is the centre of attention, has long hair, lush curves, is seductive and irresistible
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

It's delicious....
To write one thing in advance:
I can't have a normal fishing rod, it's too much of anything for me. So I wasn't quite unprejudiced when one beautiful afternoon I went to my regular perfume dealer and was shown a new fishing rod.

Saleswoman: "Would you like a taste? This is the new Angel Muse from "Mugler" and held this brownish, silver-edged oval bottle out to me, beaming with joy.
I'm like, "Nah, thanks, I don't think I want that. It'll be way too sweet for me. I don't like the fishing rod."
She: " Yes it is sweet, but very pleasant and damn tasty and not to be confused with the normal fishing rod."
Me: "Not?"
She said "No" and sprayed me on my wrist.

I smelled.... yes a fishing rod... I knew it. I pulled out my face. Waved the saleswoman politely off and put my wrist back into the sleeve of the sweater.

A little later I had to re-sort my hair and a pleasant warm scent came into my nose.
Hmmm... what's that now? That ain't the Angel Muse, is it? I smelled my wrist. I do! I smelled now once again with closed eyes at my wrist.

I smelled a soft, creamy, powdery hazelnut cream that is beautifully sweet and gourmandig. Yes, it's really great...I wouldn't have thought at first that I'd have a fishing rod moved in, but this muse is.
This fragrance gives me a warm and pleasant feeling. I like to wear it when it's filthy outside and I want to make myself comfortable. Or just for a cosy coffee party on cold days.

Betty0714
Spice cabinet with an open glass Nutella
After the many great comments, I quickly started to test the fragrance in a perfumery before going to work. Otherwise I always avoid the Mugler stand but today I visit it. And then there's "Angel" next to "Muse" on it. I try to calm down, because he should be different ;) I'm really glad that the perfume is also available for testing in the perfumery and spray a splash on my wrist first.
A grapefruit cloud spreads quickly. Well, I remembered the grapefruit note in the top note.

i wait wait wait for the gourmandig powdery hazelnut note....

After the appearance of the Grapefruit is over I smell Patchuli (reminds me of Chili here) with a hint of icing sugar and Nutella (however in my head I'm already set to smell the hazelnut note)

Overall I am disappointed because I really hoped for a lot.
Maybe it's my skin, maybe it's my nose, but this scent feels like a foreign body to me. The scent doesn't smell round on me. The patchouli steals here the hazelnut note of the show. I haven't experienced him as a gourmand either It's not like I feel "oh, god, now you have to wash it off," but I don't like it on me. Mainly because I had high expectations...
I'd really like to smell the scent on someone else who likes to wear it. Maybe it smells nutty-powdery then :)

7.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Aliana
Delicate enamel that reaches the soul
I've got company. Visit from the country where I was born and grew up. Where I haven't been for 17 years and where I probably won't travel in the future.
My parents came from extended families and were the last of 7 or 6 siblings. They also got me relatively late and so it happens that my cousins are all 20 - 25 years older than me. Your children are about my age. And gradually get their own offspring.
That's the constellation I have in the house right now - my cousin, her son, her daughter-in-law and the long-awaited twins, 3.5 years old. What we waited for them, what we trembled with every in vitro experiment. After 16 years and 21 attempts they are here! And finally I get to know her.

Two little whirlwinds, crazy, funny, loud, sweet and caustic like two little devils, just crazy in the head. They are mischievous in their eyes, constantly hatching, and nothing and nobody is safe from them. The cats have disappeared, sometimes they can see from the tree what's going on inside, but they don't want to be there. They finally got the dog tired, where we used to run with him 20 km a day and he was still full of energy. Now he just wants to be left alone. We're all broken. Tired and exhausted. Only the twins are iron and never sit still.
I'm not a person who sucks up to kids. Contrariwise, I'm strict, determined and I don't like to speak in baby's voice. But somehow, close to me, those two calm down. They look for my closeness, cuddle up to me, become quiet, fall asleep. I'm beginning to understand their gibberish and I don't need a translator anymore. When the three of us lie nestled like that, they tell me so many innocent things and I feel so warm in my heart. They smell like babies, their hair is silky, they still have baby bacon and pointed fingers and when they fall asleep with me, I sleep too. Always.
If they crawl on me and take me, their mother tries to save me. We did it again yesterday. She asked them why they hug me so oppressively, why they flatten their faces on me, if they don't want to give me air to breathe.
Then one of them simply said: "It smells so good.
The other one was sucking on my shoulder.

I don't think I've ever felt a compliment about my scent in my eyes. But yesterday I did. I held them close to me and wanted to sob with emotion.
I've been spraying Angel Muse for about 2 weeks. Not only. In the morning something else, in the afternoon Angel Muse. Very economical. This scent hangs in my hair, on my robe, my skin smells like Angel Muse through and through. And when I find the scent itself very erotic, the two little ones have noticed a very special aspect of it - it is like a caress, conveys a cosy feeling, is cuddly and spreads harmony. Normally I don't like Mugler (especially). I respected the fishing rod very much on two friends, but he always gave me a headache. But this one is different. Also room-filling, but not in an aggressive way. Also loud, but you can turn it down. Also expressive, but not selfish.
The twins, in any case, succumbed to him. They become still, lying on me, looking to squeeze their faces right against my skin. They seem to experience something with this fragrance that will shape them for their whole lives. Slowly her eyes close, the rogue in it steps back, her faces relax, her hands loosen the grip, her lips open slightly when the sleep turns her cheeks pink.
I'm fascinated every time!
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Twinkle, twinkle, little Angel star
Angel Muse was announced in 2016. and reached the market as the first wave of a renewal in the women's fragrance division of Thierry Mugler. I do not agree that it is a flanker of the original Angel. Angel Muse received the name of that famous perfume, but represents a new page inside the Mugler book of the feminine perfumes. It's a tottaly new product line in my opinion.
The presentation is very beautiful, drawing on a spatial and extra-terrestrial concept, and shining in any colector's shelf.

Thierry Mugler has proved that one can make modern perfumes without pepper, and suggests a pink pepper vibe in the opening, but playing with a composition of red berries mixed with grapefruit notes. The grapefruit confers some citrus acidity, unexpectedly not fruity, and giving a somewhat balanced impression.
The middle notes offer us a sweet hazelnut cream that ends up characterizing the main olfactory chord of the fragrance.
The background chord houses two frequent notes but usually never in a combined form without moss, musk or woods. Mugler marries his signature note from the initial Angel, the patchouli, with a remarkable woody and masculine vetiver. The prominent patchouli and hazelnut ensure the recognition of Mugler's DNA and appeals to many of his angelic followers. This combination suggests the aroma of caramel pudding and candies from a Luna Park, which we are already accustomed to with the Angel drydown.

Angel fanatics split up a bit between hugging or repelling this latest Mugler proposal. Angel Muse is neither too sweet nor too feminine which are two main features of the whole Angel family for ladies. This less sweet Muse blending suggests us the masculine perfumes of the brand, the male Angels, and in particular, the A*Men perfume. If we put the Muse juice in a bottle of Pure Wood (just because of the color), we can surely fool a lot of people with the fantastic new A*Men Pure Nuts.

Angel Muse is not a champion of performance, but his sillage remains high enough to provide enough projection to please even the casual Mugler brand faithful, and its longevity satisfies any suspicious critic.
Without any doubt, as in the Angel line of fragrances, Angel Muse is used as a perfume for the colder days and nights, and giving a very high sexiness aura to its wearer. It is an excellent fragrance, worthy of succeeding or accompanying the long journey that the Angel can still have in the market. And it remains a somewhat unisex gimmick for many men who wear it. I personally like to apply it from time to time.

Let's see the scoring this sexy Muse:
Scent Opening: 8.5 (nice, seductive and cool)
Scent Dry Down: 9.0 (very nice and alluring, but so faint...)
Longevity: 8.5 (3 good sprays may last up to 8 hours, maybe 9 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet at its peak with 3 heavy sprays and 2~2.5 hours of projection)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (I don't claim to be an expert in feminin fragrances but, besides the original Angel and flankers, and some of the Angel Men offers, I am not aware of any similar fragrance. All the mentioned scents belong to the Mugler family)
Wearability: 8.0 (very easy to wear but avoid hot weather)
Versatility: 8.5 ("all around" versatile feminin fragrance provided it's not a sweaty activity, consensual sex excluded; fantastic for a night out or clubbing; a bit cloying for the office or casual daily wear)
Compliments: 9.5 (This fragrance it's a compliment magnet)
Quality: 9.5 (Well above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice cap, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 10.0 (no faults, beautiful and elegant, better looking than the original Angel star shape)
Price: 6.5 (50 ml non tester for €41, but similar to the Angel price)

Overall rating: 8.64/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you still don't have it, just order it provided you are a Mugler fan. If not... it's better you try it before buying it.
Recommended? Yes!

Music: Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Jazzy76
A delicacy from another galaxy
Are you following a diet? maybe you mustn't smell this edp! It's a true temptation arrived from another galaxy ! The design bottle is futuristic (in the Thierry Mugler's style) and a little "cold" and you'd never imagine the warmth and the sweetness of the jus inside!
The fruity opening notes hit your nose and last for a few seconds to leave immediately the place to a rich, warm and gourmand hazelnut cream heart , made stronger and more longlasting by the patchouly base, round, rich and not too earthy but perfectly balanced.
It's a powerful, sexy , cocooning and very warm scent to wear mainly in winter , maybe sprayed on the wool scarfs for a more longlasting effect . The sillage is surprisingly good. What else? I fell in love with this "galactic" delicacy, but I can only enjoy some stolen spray because the price is too high for my budget!
6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

A wearable Angel for me
I was never able to wear Angel though I do love masculine's version A-men. Angel Muse's drydown is closer to this last one in my opinion than to that of the original Angel which is good news for me. I wish the hazelnut note was really more prominent than the patchouli, but then of course, this is an Angel flanker after all.
10.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Grown-up Angel
It is interesting to observe how the Lancome fragrance La Vie Est Belle managed to become a resounding sales success without doing anything revolutionary, but daring to raise the volume of the of the sugary aroma of Ethyl Maltol molecule to levels not previously used. The fact is that this would not have been possible if not in 1992 the designer Thierry Mugler had bet on a creation that in the tests of olfactory panels with users showed a greater rejection of fragrance when it was tested blindly. Twenty-four years later we see that the designer really was right to invest in gourmands, which has maintained its popularity over time. La Vie Est Belle somehow benefits from the history of Angel and Thierry Mugler now benefits from the huge success of the perfume L'Oreal to launch another star in Angel universe.

Although Angel Muse is being classified from the point of view of marketing as a star orbiting around the traditional Angel, I see it more as a more mature and adult version of the original idea, something that plays with an idea of ??nuts, as similar as in La Vie Est Belle, but with more balanced elements and investing less in the floral part. We have here the juicy citrus aspect in opening and an average volume of sugar, honey and cotton candy aroma. It is followed by a slightly powdery aroma and the hazelnut aroma promised in the description. As time goes on it is that we see a little more woodsy look that the brand promises as an innovation. However, it's not ultra woody, but a construction of an accord that suggests nuances of vetiver root amid a balanced base of patchouli, vanilla and musk.

Certainly the brand is using a marketing closer to young people with the idea of ??#hatetolove hashtag, for there is nothing you can hate here - after all, after 24 years the gourmands have shown that there are more people who love them than those who hate them. I would say that Angel Muse is more #lovetolove or even #easytolove with a gourmand olfactory profile not too cloying and even very close to the unisex. Who uses perfumes as Amen and Blue Sugar certainly has great chances like this one here.

Catarina 142 days ago
Probably the best Angel for my taste. The Hazelnut Créme is just to alluring to resist. A premium niche juice in a exquisite bottle.+3
Jazzy76 12 months ago
A delicacy from another galaxy! Warm and round with a very noticeable hazelnut cream note. Perfect in winter. I adore it+2
Carlitos01 19 months ago
I offered this EDP to my wife. Besides being one of the best perfumes for women, it is a sex reminder!
Get your wife a bottle ASAP-+5
ScentedSalon 2 years ago
At first I didn't find this compelling but a year later can't get enough. If you don't like it at first, keep trying. Creamy, sweet & nutty.+3
6.0