Aura (2017) Eau de Parfum

Aura (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Rhubarb leaf, Orange blossom, Bourbon vanilla, Wolfwood, Tiger Liana

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.11.2019.

The face of the advertising campaign is Belarusian model Zhenya Katava.

9.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

My hidden wish
I finally got you!

Three months ago I was allowed to test this wonderful fragrance and was already exhausted at that time. The only reason I didn't take it with me at an earlier time was that I just couldn't define it.
By chance I was on my way to Sunday shopping today and saw my aura again in the city perfumery.
After the friendly advice had given me all sorts of new and unusual scents under my nose, she arrived at the Aura.
It immediately made boom! Another indefinable boom. Anyway, it was enough to make my green heart beat faster.

At home directly tried and on the arm inner surfaces given. And indeed! It becomes definable. Citric, almost minty in the beginning, mixed with a hint of...rainforest??
Well, after an hour he became heavy and somehow not, vanillig but still active. It is not a soporific evening fragrance, but rather a life-affirming companion. And he's screaming! Loud! Mugler!
How glad I am that we've finally found each other.

Finchen1976
Aura - mouthwash scent or ethereal club?
Yes, yes and yes again.
The Muglers are polarizing.

Last week in Türkisenen been because of another Muglers.
I told the nice consultant about my not very pleasant encounter with Muse. Then she pulled Aura off the shelf. Instinctively I retreated: "This is supposed to smell green, like forest, like woods, mossy!" "Well, we'll take a test strip first." He spoke it and sprayed it generously.

First sniffing: "Oh, funny, it doesn't smell green at all, but somehow fruity, citric, so not poison green, but soft, meadow-coloured, pleasant! Then we talked briefly about scents, about their favourites, single components etc. And THEN I smelled absent-minded again at this test strip... And THEN came the eucalyptus mouthwash hammer! "IGITT!!!! WTF is that????? It smells like toothpaste, mouthwash, dentist... BUÄH!" So I have no idea how to hide something so club-like completely behind such a delicate and pleasant fragrance, respect for it! :-) There's something ethereal in there.

I admit, I actually didn't dare try it on my skin. :-) The test strip also remained with the turquoise. On this he smelled original like one of my husband's mouthwash.

PS: But I don't know anyone who wears this fragrance at the moment. Maybe I'll try that again with a tiny splash. Like almost all Mugler bottles, the bottle is uniquely beautiful.

I'd probably think "someone overdosed it with mouthwash" if I smelled it and never associated it with perfume. :-D
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

The aura you "see"
For a long time I resisted this smell. What's the matter with you? Perfumes from Mugler are always very special & strong fragrances.
This fits wonderfully to an alien, which is always very present with a wearer.
Also the fishing rod smells you always already 5km against the wind (to my regret).
I thought it couldn't be greener like that. For me, green perfumes are always discreet, fresh and flattering and no bäääm in the face scents, like the Mugler scents I know.

But I got a sample that's been there forever. And what can I say?
It's not that green...

I'll try to describe:

Yeah, first impressions are rhubarb and vanilla. It's okay. But developed a dream.
Soft, sweet, green vanilla. Warm and intoxicating, so different but also so cosy. Something clear/ bright has the aura, but also something deep & dark
A nice green, sweet vanilla gourmand meets it for me.
The name "Aura" suggests that the fragrance is like a delicate aura that you don't see and yet perceive around you. But: you "see" them & you smell them (yes, great radiance).

I like it very much. Very feminine, young and different. But typical Mugler, not reserved.
9.0 7.0 10.0 9.0/10

Home at last
I don't have to ask: Stay with me... because I know you will. When I wasn't looking anymore, you found me. Me, this somewhat childlike soul, guided exclusively by feelings, who still refuses to give reason a serious chance.
You picked me up on the threshold to a (my?) jungle, whose manifold depth is difficult to describe; it smells in tempting green tones. When I close my eyes, I am literally drawn into this density, which promises inner peace, to a place where absolute peace reigns. The way seems safe, there is nothing that irritates me or makes me doubt. I feel myself in front, step by step, mysterious fruits smell on my way, but I know, I am still a long way from reaching my goal. It still takes a little time, but here time is actually irrelevant, and then I am where I am one with what I perceive - it is the same thing that defines me and for which I long at the same time: warmth, softness, security, intimacy, instinctive connection with everything. That's me. That's me staying. That's what Aura Eau de Parfum is for me.
10.0 10.0 10.0 0.5/10

No, no, no

This is atrocious, in any possible form and way.
Agony in liquid form, a reminder of diseases and sad days - something here brings up in me memories of hospitals disinfectant!

The medicinal note (menthol like) is so strong that makes one gag. I did not mind so much the bitter note, but this is unworkable, friction or no friction to release the "true essence" of tiger liana (as someone kindly explained).

I love Mugler's perfumes, but this fragrance fails to impress me, other than for the wrong reasons.

Never, not even in a million years time. And I cannot, for the love of sanity, believe anyone would wear this beastly cough syroup on any occasion. Unless they aim at creating the void around them, or kill someone by suffocation.
Especially given the longevity and sillage: it's like having a 500 lbp tiger clinging on your skin, claws and weight and all. Won't wash off, and won't let go until it has decided to let you go.... (!)

The only positive note here has nothing to do with scents, rather packaging: the bottle is AWESOME. If anything, I'll use it to dress up some corner of my lounge :)
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Mysterious Elf Forest
Well, I'm a realist. I don't like these cheesy sugar-sweet love stories.
Now I have had offspring and I probably have no choice but to watch it sooner or later.
Maybe I remember this scent that came under my nose by blind purchase.
Perfume : starts green and fresh. The top note lasts surprisingly long until it develops warm, sweet and slightly mysterious. He certainly stands out from all the gourmand scents. The warm sweet, slightly woody note holds well on the skin. 4-5 hours is that well smellable on the skin.
And luckily, it doesn't stay so penetrating on the clothes.
The bottle : I love the idea of refillable bottles. Mugler is generally very creative when it comes to design. A beautiful green talisman. Definitely a nice eye-catcher on the shelf. Since I am a collector and also exhibit the packaging, I am a little disappointed by the lumpy packaging. Now I would have wished for a little creativity and stability.
Otherwise a great all-rounder with style!
10.0 8.0 8.0 3.5/10

Very interesting fragrance
Many people find this perfume very funny from the fragrance point of view but I think you should give a perfume the chance to develop and not judge everything badly at the first smell. Well, I dared to smell this mysterious fragrance and don't regret it, it's not a buy candidate for me but something new that you don't smell every day or everywhere. The scent begins very acidic I think it comes from the rhubarb note. This note is perceived as a whole fragrance, but then more sweet and pleasant than sour. After 3min I notice the sweet orange blossom which makes the whole thing even more interesting and better:) My favorite fragrance then sneaks into the fragrance and enchants everything it is the beautiful vanilla note. She makes it so much more beautiful, sweeter and above all more imaginative. Every time I smell this perfume I have the feeling of standing in a forest full of animals, fairies and beautiful plants. Clearly the opinions about this fragrance is very different but trying it does no harm:D Who wants to dive into a fantasy world should dare this perfume a chance to geben♡.
10.0 10.0 8.0 10.0/10

StellinaLina
The different facets of an aura
First of all, I have to say that I am absolutely not a fan of Mugler fragrances.
Unfortunately I can't do anything with the extremely sweet and strong Mugler DNA.

However, back when the EdP "Aura" by Thierry Mugler was launched,
impressed me the whole Drum & Dran around this Duft.

So I was ready to try it out...

I sprayed him generously and totally tense on the wrist and sniffed at it strongly.
At first I thought "wow" but seconds later it got soo bad that I couldn't stand it anymore and washed the perfume off my body with a lot of soap and water.

"What's that stuffy, breathtaking headache smell?" I thought

Yesterday, I was given a sample of perfume with an order.
It was Thierry Mugler's eau de parfum.

Tensely if I still can't smell him, I sprayed him carefully and smelled tensely.

I thought "wow" again but this time it stayed that way.
Again and again I smelled it, with the question in the back of my mind when the scent would turn into this stuffy bomb again, but no, I was thrilled.
And it's real.

A mixture of light and dark.

It shows in a wonderful way that there is not only one or the other, but everything like our aura consists of many different facets.
And in my opinion, this fragrance embodies this in an impressive way.

It smells bewitchingly sweet but not paper sweet like vanilla, orange blossom and a few secret flowers,
underlined by dark woods, fine spices and the green of a dense, dark, mystical forest.

A wonderful fragrance that brings the luminous aura of femininity to the forefront, but at the same time also reveals depth, mysticism and unpredictable darkness, which is just as much a part of it.
Perfect!!

I couldn't resist and ordered a 50ml EdP that was currently on sale.

Important is simply how I find this fragrance to be extremely economical to use,
because this is the only way it keeps its mysterious appearance and can also be worn during the day.
If you dose it over (everything that is over a spray with this strong fragrance), headaches are guaranteed and it then looks very sticking and intrusive.
(I make a good half in the neck and a half on the wrist)

The dose makes the poison!
9.0 8.0 8.0 3.0/10

Aura of spoiled milk
Have really given the fragrance several chances, in the store and as a bottling.
I wanted to like him, the bottle is great, Mugler has always inspired me with men's fragrances, but I really can't get over the last fragrance that hits my nose.

If you've done some strength training and taken the great protein shakes, you might know it... and I think that's exactly where the problem lies.
Maybe I'm just already preloaded, but the smell of the shaker if you don't turn on the turbo immediately after training and go home to wash out...
This scent of sour milk... disgusting.

Sorry to all who should smell this note out now because of my comment or like this fragrance, but I won't get over this fragrance with the best will in the world.
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

The pharmacy crinch
Who puts on this smell, should count on the fact that many wrinkle the nose. Because he already smells irritatingly like medicine. Everyone has different associations. From cough syrup to pain ointment to gargle water. Yeah, that's how I feel about him. It's like a recipe in a pharmacy, where many a potion is made. Many medicines smell good, some are interesting and others are more disgusting than interesting. Not everyone likes these smells. It may also be that someone feels reminded of being sick or that the smell triggers unconsciously.
He also reminds me of the medicine I mentioned, especially of a leech ointment, which I had to rub on my neck several times at that time, because my first friend couldn't control himself with hickeys. *grumble*
So I thought the other day, when I was wearing the scent, whether my fellow men were more interested in sniffing around or were more disgusted?
I somehow feel like a pharmacy crinch who hates pharmacies and wants to annoy people.
But actually the scent is harmless. For more than medicine, it smells of sweet orange blossom, which calms, of fruity rhubarb and full-bodied vanilla, everything together looks somewhat dull, sweet. Besides it is very long lasting, you only need a little to smell the whole day.
Often you think too much. Just wear fragrance and if no negative reactions come, everything fits.

This fragrance polarizes...
...society. From: "oh what smells so wonderful here" to "what stinks here, can we open the window?" everything is in there. Nobody who smells him is neutral. Black or white. You love him or hate him.
I love him... about my daughter.
For hours I could smell this green fresh vanilla on her.
He's too much on me.
I would like someone to walk in front of me and spray him in the air ;-)

The new EDT was my hope. I thought easier, that might fit.
But unfortunately this one smells different .. much more fruity. This special note is missing.
Oh, how I like him so much and still can't wear...
All the more reason for me to enjoy the scent my daughter leaves in the hallway every morning. Your aura.
9.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Maryam1410
My nose sniffs here only the quintessence of Mainstream
Therefore, my comments should always be understood as lay personal impressions.
For me, "aura" is a pleasant fragrance. But should I describe "mainstream" in fragrances - Aura would fit perfectly. If I went through a perfumery, spent a lot of time there and tried out everything I could get my hands on - that would be the result of all the mixed mainstream fragrances that can be found among the current top sellers.
A pleasant scent that I quickly forgot
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

All in the green!
I still remember well when last year a sample of Aura was sent to me by the Mugler Circle (no, this is not a cult that sacrifices young women).
My curiosity was almost unbearable, so I immediately opened the sample and tested it on my wrist. I was so full of confidence and hope when my nose approached my wrist.... i took a deep breath of the scent and opened my eyes in shock. What the hell was that?!
That was supposed to be a Mugler? Oh you green nine ^^
Where has the sensuality gone, the warmth and this adorably sweet- sultry Mugler DNA?!
So I smelled again, not willing to accept this bitter, stabbing and somehow medical tincture as 'the new Mugler'. .... No change.
So I had no choice but to admit that Aura and I would unfortunately not turn green. Very very very sad, because the fragrance was already somehow different and the bottle was so beautiful.... not of this world. *sigh*
Finally I packed the rehearsal Aura to my other rehearsals, which are allowed to go on as a gift, and ticked off the topic for me.

Since I exchange and souke a lot here, I got a sample of Aura as an exchange or purchase gift.
Apparently, some people felt similar to me, I thought with a smile and packed the aura samples diligently into the box to my samples, which are allowed to move on.
After a while I had become all Aura samples quit, it got warmer & spring was spreading
( inside and outside ).... and then suddenly and unexpectedly I got a 10 ml filling aura for an exchange.... and I so -_-
This time however I sprayed myself completely with aura, before I immediately put the filling in the box to the aaaaaaaa halt..... I had just put the bottling to the other samples and bottlings in order to dig you out right away.
The bitter had vanished and it smelled pleasantly fresh and slightly spicy-wet, like in the forest after a strong downpour. But there was now something else, something sweet and tasty. Yes, definitely woodruff ice cream ... or even more divine woodruff jelly with vanilla sauce. MMmmmmmmhhhh!
So I decided to give Aura a chance and use up the bottling to see if Aura would continue to get the green light from me. Well, what can I say? ...
The filling lasted relatively long, because I hadn't really used Aura often, but towards the end I used it more and more often and so it actually happened that this filling became empty and I bought my first Aura Flacon exactly yesterday ...and that immediately the 50 ml.
This cool, moist forest - association with the delicious sweet woodruff ice cream is really perfect for the summer. I'm sure Aura will get her more often now!
Late ignited but now fire and flame!
9.0 8.0 9.0 6.0/10

StellaDiverF
Adequate but disappointingly safe gourmand vanilla
Aura opens on my skin with an intensely sweet-tart fruity accord, along with a tropical green note. The vanilla also starts to manifest from the very beginning, providing an opaque, creamy texture to the fruity accord.

Because of this creamy texture and intense sweetness, I don't recognise it as rhubarb like in Hermès Rhubarbe Ecarlate, which is much more juicy, more sparkling and natural-smelling. In fact, the creamy fruitiness combined with the tropical, ripe greenness briefly evokes green banana in my head.

The volume of vanilla soon escalates to the max, and pushes the interesting tropical greenery aside. Combined to the potent fruity sweetness, Aura actually smells very much like typical commercial fruity tonka-vanilla gourmand fragrances on today's market. There's also an artificial, peppery smoky note mixed within, screechy like nails on the chalkboard. Meanwhile, the orange blossom seems to only bring its grape-y sweetness to the table, further enhancing the fruity vanilla gourmand impression. I can hardly notice any floral aspect.

If I concentrate my attention, there is indeed an almond-like nuttiness embedded within, maybe stemming from the Tiger Liana which is described by Daphne Bugey as having vanilla, almond and smoky facets. Occasionally, a fatty, slightly sour animalic nuance can also be perceived. But they are not daring enough to provide a meaningful contrast like patchouli in Angel or aquatic spiciness in Womanity.

After about 8 hours, the vanilla finally stops screaming, and surprisingly, the tropical green note survives it. Now, Aura is mainly a soft, ripe tropical fruitiness mixed with a delicate green camphor nuance and merest earthy, dust-like astringency, like a humid tropical jungle in a fairy tale, without any deadly, hostile creatures. This far dry down reminds me of Zoologist Bat, but Aura at this stage feels much gentler and easier to appreciate, whimsical yet adorable as well.

Aura has a heavy to modest sillage, and the longevity is almost 12 hours.

I adore Aura's mild, tropical-jungle-esque far dry down, which matches the campaign perfectly. How I wish Aura would smell like this part all along! Unfortunately, the first two thirds of Aura's development on my skin is dominated by the commercial fruity vanilla, and fails to leave a strong impression like how Angel, Alien and Womanity did to me.

Moreover, I usually find Mugler's fragrances rather artificial-smelling, which is oddly appealing in the case of the first three pillar fragrances, providing an unexpected futuristic spin to the shocking contrasts. But with the rather generic treatment of fruity vanilla in Aura, this artificial quality sadly becomes a shortcoming to my taste.

When compared to other currently available gourmand new releases, Aura is indeed decent enough. Without the purple, plum-molasses-like fruitchouli jam accord, the tropical green facet of Aura does retain a certain refreshing quality. However, I still can't help feeling disappointed. Maybe I just set the bar too high for this beloved perfume house, and it's unrealistic to expect them to deliver wildly innovative olfactory experience every single time.

Catarina 7 months ago
I don't have a cough so I don't need to use this today. The strong menthol is very cough efective, but hardly a perfume. It's just to green.+3
4.0
Jazzy76 13 months ago
Unquestionably original. However, the rhubarb- tiger liana reckless accord is too "greenish" and almost irritating to my nose.Good longevity+1
1.0
6.0
1.0
Carlitos01 20 months ago
I tried it for three times.
Final conclusion: It has a vibe of a sweeter YSL Body Kouros.
And that's my only positive finding!+4
Cym 22 months ago
Sore muscle ointment/antiseptic salve + dark, bitter chicory coffee + sweet vanilla + menthol. Hints of floral and smoke. Very synthetic.+4

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Stran
by Stran
by BlueValkyrie
~Alles, was du dir vorstellen kannst, ist real~ Pablo Picasso*****Dankeschön für eure Auszeichnungen*****
by Sunshine00
by EauMySoul
Ich muss ja sagen, ich war noch nier hier oben in der Galerie, schöne Aussicht- Danke:-)
by Soraya
by Pepper81
Wie heissen Sie? Eva? Herzlich wilkommen!
by Agrafena
by Rosedusoir
by BlaseHase
by BlaseHase

Popular Mugler / Thierry Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men / Angel Men by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Man by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Innocent by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot / Pure Energy by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler / Thierry Mugler