Les Exceptions - Oriental Express (2014)

Les Exceptions - Oriental Express by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Les Exceptions - Oriental Express is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Olivier Polge

Balsam, Resins, Vanilla, Powdery notes, Carrot seed, Woody notes, Sandalwood, Basil

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Travel by train for a change instead of in a spaceship!
Again Hercule Poirot travelled with the Orient Express. And there was another incident this time. Years ago he had already solved a murder in this train, in which an American had been killed by twelve stab wounds. At that time it was still winter, and the murder happened during an involuntary stopover of the train, which had to stop on the tracks due to massive snowfall.

Now Hercule Poirot was annoyed that he had to travel back to Istanbul in the middle of summer and the train had to stop again in the middle of the track, because this time stones blocked the way. Although the workers were busy clearing away all the rubble, they could not work without constant interruptions as it was the hottest month of the year in mid-July.
The scorching sun shone through the windows of the wagons and warmed all the departments in them to immeasurable temperatures, which hindered the detective in his work. Because he had to clear up another murder and scurry from wagon to wagon in the process, and that with interior temperatures now over forty degrees in the shade. Not to mention annoying passengers who tried to get rid of their boredom by spraying their heavy oriental perfumes everywhere in this heat due to the interruption of the journey.

Desperate and annoyed, Detective Poirot looked out of the window and saw one of these modern TGVs racing by, quickly and completely air-conditioned. Which annoyed him even more. Finally he cursed the author of these lines, who apparently tried to follow in Agatha Christie's footsteps and write another Hercule Poirot novel. And as is customary in modern times, the author transferred the hero of the novel into the modern world, but let him stew in an old-fashioned train without air conditioning, since modernity has a penchant for retro and prefers to see old things. Yes, yes, everything used to be better! ... what a sadist this author had to be...!!

Well... so could be a chapter from the second part of "Murder on Orient-Express", he he. And yes, I test this fragrance, which is actually an autumn fragrance, now in midsummer, because fortunately the temperatures are cooler (probably only for a short time). So welcome to a new commi from me and have fun reading :)

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with powdery notes of iris. I also smell the iris root, but those should be the carrot seeds, because an iris root almost always smells like grated carrots to me, which, by the way, is juicy despite the powderiness. I think that carrot seeds simply have a great scent, and this scent is also a varied scent, which is not often found in fragrances. Then there are balsamic notes which, together with the resins which cannot be determined any further, give off a good fragrance and make the fragrance appear particularly delicate. The sweet scents come both from the resins and from the vanilla, which at this time is not yet particularly strong, but nevertheless clearly odorable.
A little later, the fragrance also becomes more woody. Beautiful, soft sandalwood gives the fragrance a beautiful base and fits especially well to the resins and powdery fragrances. In general, the final phase of the fragrance is warm and gentle, where it continues to smell of vanilla, resins, balsamic notes and sandalwood. A beautiful fragrance which, despite its wintery scents, is not too heavy.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, but not room-filling. You don't have to get very close to smell one or the other, but you shouldn't expect a too big scent cloud. The shelf life is also good, even very good, because the scent was smellable for longer than twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with slightly bevelled edges. A metal, chrome-plated band leads from the neck to the sides. The neck also has a removable grey silk ribbon with the name of the fragrance on it. The lid is rectangular and transparent. The bottle thus has clear lines, looks elegant and high quality and looks good.

Okay, I didn't think the scent was bad, no, I actually thought it was really good. For an autumn fragrance it is also not particularly heavy, so that our Hercule Poirot would not have to feel crushed if someone should use the fragrance in a hot train compartment :D

The fragrance is more feminine. Especially at the beginning it smells like a women's fragrance to me, later it is also like a women's fragrance, but now and then it looks like men's fragrances of the variety "Midnight in Paris" (only without the tea/mate fragrance). Well, I'd still call it a lady's scent. Its fragrance is quite autumnal, but it also goes well in spring. It is especially usable in the evening or when going out, because it comes across so well and therefore should smell wonderful for others.

Thus a test is worthwhile in any case. Oh yes, the fragrance is of course sweet, but quite different from the alien fragrances, for example, if you should immediately associate Thierry Mugler with Alien (or Angel). So don't worry,... but apart from that the alien scents are also very nice scents, only you stupid... uh... crazy ladies don't like these scents so much... *sigh* :D

Well then, with that I have arrived at the end and wish you all a nice evening :)
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Diary page 4
Dear Diary,❤️

how are you? I haven't written you anything for a long time, but today I want to tell you something.

I was a little sick and had almost 40 grams of fever, so I slept a lot. Mama gave me a lot of fruit, oranges and bananas and heidibeeren and so with Clownflakes.❤️

Daddy gave me my first computer there. Even one with fruit. With an apple like that. Isn't that great?❤️ Papa actually bought himself a new one and I got his old one, but that doesn't matter, says Papa, because I'm not so well versed yet.
Daddy showed me everything. We sat all day together and were on the Internet. We were there on jutub and so.
Papa had to go away for a short time and I sat alone at the computer, but I accidentally deleted the internet, because I didn't find the Eniki button. Papa said it wasn't so bad and fixed it again.❤️

When my dad was sitting next to me, he had put his favourite perfume on it. Mom likes that a lot and so do I. So I was thinking. Well, that wasn't it. When I asked Dad, he said it wasn't his Dior Homme Intense, it was a Muggles. I was amazed, because I didn't know that Harry Potter also had perfume.
But I'm telling you, it smelled just like Dad's favorite perfume. I can't always say that on a push button, which daddy wears, but with him I'll know immediately.
Tropzdem said he thought it was a different one. Well, if Papa says so, it'll be true. That smelled so powdery and so after Mamas lipstick and was very warm and Dad said he shows me something on Jutub.❤️

Then we looked at some people talking about perfumes. Daddy used to call them honks. Now I know what honks are. A Honk like that talked about Daddy's perfume and he also said that it smells like his dior. It's supposed to be a bit different with vanillaoma and wood, but how does wood get in? Dad didn't know abba either. I smelled at my desk once, but it didn't smell so good.

Then this Honk said that there should also be carrots in there, I thought that would be something for Bobo, the rabbit of Marie, my cousin, he would surely like that too. ❤️
She lives in the rabbit city of Hamburg.
Anyway, it smelled like that for a long time with Dad, all the time when we were at the computer. Papa said that I should not sit so much in front of it, otherwise I would become like the Honks and I would need a pedagog cucumber later. But tonight I can watch a movie on the computer, I wished for an east wind.
But Daddy always entered intestinal wind and found nothing, that is such a Pups.❤️

You know, that was even the Muggles for Mom and Dad, but Mom also takes Dad Dior sometimes. Then he always complains because Mom always exaggerates.❤️

Daddy has to travel next week, to the Arabic imitations and then he wants to take the Muggles with him and then steal Mama certainly again from the Dior heimlich❤️
Mama said, however, there was definitely too warm there for the Muggles.

I also like it when my dad smells like that and if he doesn't have a dior then he can take the Muggles, but dad says it's expensive and it's not worth it. Another Honk said that there would be a lot of differences, but you have to smell it. Dad just said that it was so vaginal that you don't even notice it passing by and that it wouldn't impregnate him
You know, I thought it was nice and Dad did too, but we don't need to do this. Dad said, in the end it smelled woodier and not so sweet anymore. But you can test it.

Now I'm already looking forward to the fact that I can go times into the Internet, but Dad said I still need a Wlan cable and that I must search first.
Maybe I'll speak to jutub later. I prefer to talk about delicious food. But actually I don't want to be a honk at all.

Tonight we'll have noodles with shoppers and crooked cheese. I'm looking forward to it. Actually I wanted snippets with fries, but that's drizzly good.
I love you. ❤️❤️️❤️❤️️️❤️❤️️