Les Exceptions - Over the Musk (2014)

Les Exceptions - Over the Musk by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Les Exceptions - Over the Musk is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-floral. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Ambrette seed

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.05.2019

10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

totally attractive
I don't know Ambrettesamen?, I don't know anything, I don't know anything and if you google it you get a mountain of grains which look like dog food. This is supposed to be the only ingredient here? Is there actually a fragrance that smells like at least 5, or is the Easter bunny sold to us here?

No matter what's in here, a top note hasn't elicited such a "WOW" from me in a long time. Too beautiful to accept as something wonderful. I didn't dare to risk a second Riecher to draw perhaps thereby my first impression into the doubt. On the other hand, I couldn't leave it like that and decided to fog OVER THE MUSK (a musk fragrance that doesn't contain musk, like orange juice that doesn't contain oranges) onto a strip of paper and stow it in my back pocket until I felt ready to switch directly from head to heart to experience level 2 of an exception fragrance... or just another flop of dozens. 1,5h later...a dream part 2. But that was already often so, many scents have inspired in the first minutes, hours, maybe even days, but then many showed their true face and one could not rub the brew fast enough from the body. With this experience in mind, I have now bought this noble drop for bottling and will wear it for the second day. He still smiles at me, but somehow I still don't trust him. It's a scent that threatens to tip over, change sides and turn its friendly smile into a sneaky grin. I want to trust him so much, he has that certain something and yesterday he drew the best compliment I remember... "You smell totally attractive, what is that?" Whaaatt? From a stranger! It would have been nicer, of course... they're totally... but whatever. Do you have to have one every day? I don't know, but it doesn't hurt. Experience only says that after putting 3.5 times the price of a designer bottle from Müglas (Müller or Douglas) on the counter, the next comment could also be "stink here, is that them?". Well, and then you threw away the bottle completely and unfortunately the packaging. No, you buy fragrances for yourself, compliments are nice, but how do you feel with the fragrance, it's the point and I never throw away the packaging anyway.

How does Over the Musk?
smell? sure... after Ambrettesammen ;-)
Joking aside, now I have to swing something and I think some will vehemently contradict me... I smell here the note that is covered by something metallic in Acca Kappa White Moss, a similar one that appears in Molecule 01 as a pinch in the air, where you wonder where it suddenly comes from, moreover I imagine Mugler DNA and not some note, but the base of Pure Havanne, if you remove all the undergrowth and isolate the middle....tobacco gone, patchouly gone, sugar replaced by stevia...

In short, this is my rated fragrance list:
white Moss
Pepper
ISO E Super
Ambra / Labdanum
Vanilla cocoa

Despite unisex, I found and still feel him to be rather feminine, but because almost everyone has found him to be rather masculine, it is very subjective. This is comparable to Dior's Bois D'Argent, where the spirits also divide. I ordered it today and now I will see if it will still become a zombie, or if it will continue to "totally attractive" my sense of smell and my environment with its sheer beauty enriched.

by Flanker
by Flanker
..... Vintage / maskulin .....
by IrisNobile
by Minea
by Minea
Ohne Schatten gibt es kein Licht, man muss auch die Nacht kennen lernen. Albert Camus
by TillDA