Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Voluptés (2010)

Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Voluptés by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Voluptés is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-oriental. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Tobacco leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.11.2017.

7.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Coutureguru
Nobody does it better ... or do they?
Some months ago I loudly voiced my displeasure at the lack of selection presented on the Mugler counter at an upscale department store here in South Africa. Visibly terrified by my haranguing, the SA told me that there would soon be new stock ... and fled on his tea break.

I was in the store today and as he spotted me a beatific smile lit up his face and he bolted at me clutching two testers. Proudly he gabbled that the 'Miroir' collection was now in stock and please would I follow him to the counter to sample his new delights ... I acquiesced. Upon arrival there I had to have a good giggle ... the bean counters (in their wisdom) have only approved two (this one and des Majestes) of the seven but I bit my tongue as he was trying extremely hard to impress this incredibly hard sell of a parfumista.
Miroir des Voluptés caught my attention because it is an Oud/Rose combination. There's a lovely Sandalwood here as well as a delicate African Orange Blossom in the top. There's also a lovely caramel like amber here, which was enchanting while it lasted.
When the Oud takes over, Voluptés becomes relatively linear, not very exiting at all I'm afraid. For my money, the Rose/Oud combinations over at Montale are vastly superior ... I even have a few attars which smell similar and can be had for a lot less.
I am pleased, however, that a fragrance such as this has made it's way to the marketplace in SA. It will hopefully be a worthwhile educational experience for fragrance lovers here.

Je suis trés désolé Thierry ... there are better on offer than this.

by Cozzin
by Cozzin

Popular Mugler / Thierry Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men / Angel Men by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Man by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Innocent by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler / Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot / Pure Energy by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée by Mugler / Thierry Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler / Thierry Mugler