Mugler Cologne is a popular perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Bergamot, Neroli, Petitgrain, Orange blossom, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.02.2019

MasterLiMasterLi 5 years ago

„The Eau de Cologne of the future!”

SherapopSherapop 7 years ago

„My take on Chandler Burr's S01E02? It's a scrubber.”

A Neroli and Bergamot Bomb
SOTD: Mugler Cologne: As of 01/24/19

Like fresh green leaves after a rainstorm, that's how described this fragrance, my nose detects the Neroli, Bergamot and the Orange flower in the opening and then on the dry down
more of the Neroli, Bergamot, and Musk. Getting that bitter orange vibe as well from the Orange flower, Bergamot and Petitgrain. Excellent release from the Mugler house. To me probably one of the best fresh fragrance currently. All the notes are blended well. Excellent scent for the summer and as well an office scent. Definitely a must have.

Scent: 8.5/10
Design/Presentation: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Longevity/Performance: 8.5/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 8-10+ hrs
Overall: 8.5/10
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 4.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Futuristic Eau de Cologne
Mugler Cologne has a citrus opening and I almost smell something like ginger. There is also some subtle sweetness coming from neroli and orange blossom. Towards the drydown, the citrus aroma is always there, but I also smell something reminding me of vetiver, though it's not on the list.

Overall it's green, fresh and a little soapy. Very pleasant to sniff but not something plain and dull. The sillage is close to skin but the scent is persistent during the wearing. The longevity is at least 6 hours.

It's a fragrance that I'll reach out on a sunny day in spring or summer, when I don't have a particular desire for 'fragrance', but still want to smell good.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Eau de neon
AugustA was actually sure that she would like this Cologne with its exaggerated Mugler modernism. What then came was a very unique citrus green, bright to brightly shining, actually white shining. Reminiscent of something Indian about white flowers, tuberose virtually without the tuberose scent. Hypermodern and shrill. Fast past, then only some fleetingly spicy Vetiver remained. It's pretty good in midsummer, though. It makes me feel a little dressed up in the sense of disguised. Doesn't fit, doesn't refresh. Too bad.
Eau de neon.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Steamy Cologne
Scentrack
Fun Lovin' Criminals - Half a Block

In my heart there is a special place for three classic colognes with a modern twist: l'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque, Vettiveru by Comme des Garcons and Mugler Cologne.
Mugler Cologne is fresh, clean, genderless and very nice. Starts with bergamot, piercing neroli and just a touch of clean aldehydes. Soon white flowers and musk follow the top notes. The special feature of MC i s clean, steamy note of hot iron. Perfectly clean, and so compatible with white shirt. Insiders say MC contains molecule S - Sex molecule, the smell of post coital liquids, but I don't feel anything dirty. But one can expect the unexpected from Mugler.
The newer bottle looks like a part of Captain Kirk's bathroom, great design.

Rating: 8/10

More on Scentimentalwords
Scent 8.0/10
Post-modern soap?
What can I say about my beloved Mugler Cologne that hasn’t already been said? It is the epitome of clean, soapy scents. Mugler Cologne achieves a level of perfection most fragrances spend decades attempting to attain and often fail by smelling too artificial and plasticky. It is so seemingly simple as to make one slap himself on the forehead and ponder aloud, “Why didn’t I think of that?” or, “Why didn’t I find this sooner?”

It is probably silly to want to smell like a bar of soap all day but sometimes it is just the perfect scent. Sometimes I want a scent that is unfussy but subtly magnetic—you can thank the musk for the magnetism involved in this fragrance. MC has no pretenses and it does not want to be anything other than clean and honest. If a Saturday or Sunday morning could be encapsulated in a glass bottle, this would be its juice.

MC is long-lasting and wonderfully lingering. It is strong but not overbearing; you only need to spritz strategically all over and only once. This fragrance is so good I believe it should be a mandatory scent in any fragrance-aficionado’s collection.
Design conscious cologne
Washed out, tumble dried and starched; a minimalist profile of engineered neroli on a pale sweet powdery-woody base. There's a small evolution from laundry to light honeyed dust, as meanwhile, the floral remains strong and intact nearly to the end.

MC came from the pen of Alberto Morillas - hot on the heels of his success with Flower, and it feels a bit like a slimmed down orange version of the Kenzo blockbuster. Both perfumes show great imagination and originality but their material construction doesn't quite reach the same heights of excellence.

Morillas has reworked cologne's burst of freshness in a low key and contemporary manner. By replacing the shiny citrus with an abstract neroli he came up with the perfume equivalent of an orange lantern glowing on pale wood.
~ Sparkling Green & Fresh ~
- A review in poem ....

T.M. Cologne~
A bright tonic to my soul ~
Summer in a bottle for one and all ~
Bright like a ray of sun in a citrus splash ~
White florals float like the clouds as they pass ~
Simplicity in your notes a hint of musk my smile detects ~
Petitgrain and neroli just enough this sillage is not for romance or for lust ~
Sparkling green and fresh in your cheer and glee hints of orange peace waft over me ~
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
The Eau de Cologne of the future!
Theirry Mugler's Cologne is a modern, decidedly futuristic take on a classic recipe. His inspiration was the scent of a Moroccan soap he came across whilst on holiday.

I'll be honest, this does indeed smell exactly like soap (no surprise)! When I smell this I am reminded of an exclusively made luxury soap bar in a hotel bathroom. I find it very refreshing and uplifting.

I basically get a very sweet, green citrus vibe, coupled with a heavy dose of clean, white musk. I think I also get a faint hint of Vetiver, although it isn't listed. It's not a bitter at all to my nose (unlike other types of Eau de Cologne's). Instead it's very smooth, and not in any way sharp smelling or overpowering.

I don't think I really have anything bad to say about this. I do get the slight "synthetic" feel which others have mentioned, but even then it still achieves it's goal of smelling clean, fresh and inoffensive. This is the one I reach for when I don't want to smell "complicated", just clean and ready for the day ahead.

Well done to M. Mugler for coming up with this. His aim here was to create a perfume "for people who don't like the smell of perfume". It's simple and does that job very well. It's a modern, fresh take on what is (in my opinion) a very old and conventional formula, which has been repeated too many times. This doesn't feel like it belongs with the rest of them. Completely fresh, unisex and modern as ever. I like it.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Almost perfect!
Mugler Cologne is a wonderful green/citrus/fresh scent.

I guess it's one of the best scents on this range - and totally unissex.

Lots of neroli with a light musk base, it smells clean and soapy, but it's much closer to an EDC than to an EDT.

Suitable for hot days. My only complaint is about it's weak lasting power. This is definetely a must have for any collector. Thumbs up!

Updated January 2014
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 1.0/10
My take on Chandler Burr's S01E02? It's a scrubber.
My take on Chandler Burr's S01E02 (which was Thierry Mugler COLOGNE): it's a scrubber. Major yuck factor in the opening. My very first reaction (posted at OpenSky in mid-July) was: "ELdO SECRETIONS MAGNIFIQUES meets Tide laundry detergent residue." It took me a few days even to muster up the courage to try it again, and when I did, my experience did not improve.

Based on my initial dislike, I guessed that it was created by Alberto Morillas, whom I affectionately refer to as "Chemical Albie" because he has produced a number of scrubbers--at least according to my nose and on my skin. It appears that we have a serious chemical incompatibility. But that's okay: there are plenty of other perfumers in the fragrance sea!

What is so repulsive about the opening? Well, to me it smells like bodily fluids. Is it blood, spit, mucous, some kind discharge, perhaps even semen? I do not know, but reading that this composition contains a mystery ingredient, and being aware of the Thierry Mugler approach (ANGEL, WOMANITY), it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

The rest of the fragrance really smacks to me of petroleum-based industrial laundry products, with a strong, persistent residue very difficult to remove. I had to literally scrub to get this one off. Hence, the appropriateness of the term 'scrubber'!

Needless to say, I will not be wearing the remaining 29 mls of my bottle of S02E02, but I enjoyed this little adventure. Bravo, Chandler!
jtd
snack
I try to eat an integrated, healthy diet, but sometimes I’ll have a protein bar. I couldn’t live on them forever, but they’re handy in a pinch, provide some nutrition and are marginally better than a chocolate bar. I think of them as fake food, but they have their uses.

If ‘normal’ cologne is a light meal, Mugler’s Cologne is a protein bar: functionally synthetic, easy to consume, popular with the gym queens.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Wearable citrus for men and women
Mugler Cologne is very simplistic yet beautiful all the same.

It's refreshing yet unique which is a quality that I very rarely find in a citrus aromatic. I can see how this fragrance easily becomes unisex, its softness is feminine enough on a woman and its slightly sharp citrusy notes would compliment a man.

The citrus notes in Mugler Cologne actually become quite sweet but certainly not nauseatingly so. The orange blossom and musk balance this fragrance out well, insuring that the scent doesn't become too sharp or linear.

A sense of being lightly refreshed and revitalised is achieved successfully through this fragrance. The lasting strength is good, at least five hours, and the sillage very mild, which is great news for those wishing to wear this in the Summer months. I certainly recommend.

Itchynose 45 days ago
A blast of fresh, sharp citrus after the morning shower. Hard not to like!+3
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 9.0
Danielle 47 days ago
Fresh citrus-green unisexfragance wich I often use as a layer to chill up heave perfumes…+1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 9.0
PMRP12 20 months ago
A crisp, green bar of soap that makes me feel freshly-showered clean and universally appealing.+6
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 6.0
Scent 10.0
Elysium 24 months ago
One of my favorite summer colognes of all time happens to be Thierry Mugler Cologne. Very refreshing, very light, very soapy. I just love it+1
Scent 10.0