Womanity (2010) Eau de Parfum

Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler / Thierry Mugler
Controversially Rated Scent
Womanity (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler / Thierry Mugler for women and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Fig, Caviar, Fig leaf, Fig wood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.08.2019

The fig note should have been realized with the method of molecular distillation, where essences are distilled under vacuum (pressure below 0.01 Torr).

10.0 8.0 8.0 2.0/10

GirlofNow
Caviar with lots of salt...
I was once again with my grandfather in the perfumery because it was boring for both of us + I had to find a gift for my aunt who also loves perfumes:) When I saw this bottle, I stopped. An exceptionally beautiful bottle for me! I must simply betonnen once!;) If a bottle especially appeals to me, then I'm also interested in how it would smell:)) My grandfather didn't find the bottle as interesting as I did now, let's just say it's a matter of taste because I love such flocons:D. Before I tested the fragrance I had to look at Parfumo as always to see what fragrances it probably has ... It was clear to me that the scents of Thierry Mugler are special, but I didn't know that special either... When I left the caviar in the scent, I almost wanted to steal the bottle (tester) back into the shelf.... But I wanted to test anyway... My grandfather and I took a test strip and sprayed it once on the test strip...

I know now many will come with yes you do not understand anything about smells... Or what is this bad evaluation....

So before I start with the fragrance I want to betonnen that I was aware that I will expect a surprise at the fragrance but that I will be so shocked was not clear to me!

We gave the fragrance 2min. To develop a little and sniff at the same time at the fragrance strip... My grandfather and I are simultaneously zooming the face..... My body trembled briefly by itself because I have never smelled such a perfume until now.... It smelled extremely strong like caviar:(((( And a lot of salt I don't want to sound mean but I don't want to smell like caviar now either! Not to mention salt.... I couldn't smell anything but caviar! Unfortunately I couldn't smell cowardly anywhere:((( What am I supposed to say I was more shocked than surprised! I could just make friends with the fragrance 0 except for the bottle which is beautiful!
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Salt on our skin
Womanity and I... our liaison actually began with a rehearsal at the time of publication. The little Flakönchen was opened just like the big one, incl. chain. Just pretty cute outfit, pink, is something for me. :-)

I liked it at the time, but it was too expensive for me to buy it in large size. The little pupil lasted forever and my mama allowed herself the big one.

Somehow the smell came to my mind again. But since it belongs to the "older irons" like Angel, Loulou and Co. and I fell on the nose of the well-known ones in the here and now (then HUI, today PFUI), I tested the scent the day before yesterday in the turquoise. The tester had to be fetched specially for me from the camp and completely atypically I felt from 8 meters distance was sprayed very gently on the back of my hand. (Apart from that the ladies are never very fussy with the sprayers.) I grinned into myself, I had read a lot of comments about this scent here before.

I smell salt, the little fish remain well-behaved under water and don't look at me thank God.
And next to them, next to themselves on the beach in the sand loving hot bodies lies something fresh, fruity, sweet... the coward? It digs itself more and more out of the salty sand until it lingers large and radiant and sweet with salty crust.
Exactly SO she stays too.

Unfortunately I had to wash my hands at home, the few droplets were quickly washed off.
Unfortunately.

But just now I ordered the 80ml bottle and I'm looking forward to my salt fig.

I'm just a little nervous - the man was not at home until washing his hands. Because of the controversial reviews, I'm a little afraid now how he likes it. He's actually quite easy to care for there. A "goes, but won't be my favorite scent on you" would be enough for me. He'll only be stupid if he really finds him as disgusting as a lot of people here. :-) Then it will be a little difficult with 80ml. D
2.0 8.0 1.0/10

Harry and Voldemort
Harry Potter and Voldemort were enemies before Harry even saw the light of day. And yet their fates were connected by a special coincidence, their characters were frighteningly related by the same special coincidence.

So did Thierry Mugler and I.

...Well, it's a good thing that one of us would have forged a diabolical plan to eliminate the other before his birth, but that's not the case after all. But other parallels open slowly.

Thierry Mugler's scents are just so cross with me that I start to wonder if an ancient prophecy wants me not to get anything out of any of his scents. Because Womanity belongs together with Angel and Alien to my fragrance nightmare triad. Not only are they all extremely sweet, but they also have a further characteristic besides the bad sweetness, which I really don't like at all.

Cause to me, Womanity smells like I'm smelling something sweet that's been fired on. No kidding. Unfortunately, I can't say which of the perfume's ingredients can be blamed, because none of them smell "burned" to me. And yet it is. A friend, on the other hand, said that for her, Womanity smells like fruits that, let's say, "have passed their zenith".

When she gave her impression, I wondered how it could be that one and the same fragrance smells so fundamentally different for two people. Although, you keep asking yourself that. Womanity lovers will undoubtedly ask themselves when reading these lines how I can find him so badly. And really: It's also a mystery to me what's wrong with my olfactory perception that I simply can't make friends with Thierry Mugler - no matter which of his creations I try.

Although, with him as a person I have a quality that connects me. His perfumes eventually split minds - and my comments on his perfumes seem to do the same. So there is some similarity after all.

But who of us is Harry and who is Voldemort is left to the reader ;-)
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Unconventional savoury woody fruity
When it initially hits the skin, the mixture of caviar and fig blasts out. It feels weird, and to some extent, nauseating. However, the salty note mellows into a light touch after a while and it becomes a fresh fig-theme scent. It's fruity sweet with a hint of saltiness, crisp and sparkling. I feel like experiencing gastronomic delight. As many suggested a certain comparison, I can understand the liaison but don't think it smells exactly like that and don't think it's that provocative in purpose. To me, it's a woody-fruity fragrance out of convention, a fresh scent to rock with all year round. The sillage is quite good and the longevity is around 10h. However, I do suggest test before buying as the caviar note may be a tricky part.

Originally written in 2013.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

More savory than sweet
Reminiscent of clean sweat... Of the salty, briny skin indicative of a day spent transitioning from the beach to the water, and back again. Don't let the strange notes scare you off. The caviar notes give it a beachy down-to-earth natural vibe, and the fig here is not the heavy, thick kind.. but earthy, calming, and full bodied. I had no idea what to expect going in, but was immediately delighted. I've since sent samples to several of my friends. This is unique, different, sure. But not bad at all!

Frigidity in a bottle
Womanity (what?) opens with salty aldehydes scented with anise, a metallic-gassy cloud with a shade of sky blue. Angular, cold, azure, salty and sweetish at the same time, but most of all annoyingly harsh, chemical, quite suffocating honestly. Plus, it lacks in any texture or whatever interest, as it’s basically a sort of anise pancake frosted into some industrial freezing gas. And a faint hint of ginger and cinnamon. “Female secretions”? If you date refrigerators, maybe. Obnoxious if you ask me, but if you are into niche, this same kind of nonsense sometimes manages to be sold as “avantgarde”, so... who knows. For me, a huge “no” whatever side I watch it from.

4/10
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Unique aquatic
I own Womanity from the very beginning. Its a very strong perfume with personality, a super summer bomb from Mugler. It is very unique aroma with a blend of just so few notes, and yet it is a masterpiece for me. I own several Mugler perfumes but this one is "something else". This extraordinary unique aquatic (sea) smell makes you feel it is always an exotic summer. It last super long especially on your clothes (many days). What can I say more. Buy it just for yourselves and only!!

Womanity or Motherhood ?
Weird flavor ...inspired by the sea , the Aegean , the smell of ripe fruits ...
It has the scent of the Mediterranean , an intensity in the opening, a metallic accord , a different glow , somewhat very mysterious...
Definitely a fragrance that you need to try at first to understand and it takes time to be able to have a final opinion of what it really is.
I had kept a sample for too long and when it finished ,i was very undecided whether to get a bottle.I finally did.
I like the drying phase too much .This is when the metal accord has fizzled a complexion and the sweetness remains to be drifted with the velvet touch .
It is one of the most bizarre compositions ever made .
Womanity or motherhood ? A legacy to keep, for me that is.
7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Walk on the seaside
I don’t do seasons and love orientals&sweet gourmands so this was the outlier in my wardrobe: a fresh scent that I never used during winter. The projection is quite strong for the first 1.5h and definitely detectible but not overpowering after that. The gorgeous freshness lasts about 8h on me.

I am a bit surprised how polarizing this is but would be curious to know how many of the negative reviews are based on just quick tests or first impressions. I don’t get any disgusting whiffs of rotten fish or metal smells. The opening is a bit unpleasant because the seaweed-caviar saltiness is so strong, but this lasts only a few minutes. Some of the saltiness remains as an interesting undertone, but the next eight hours are just wonderful fig leaf freshness. This reminds me of a walk by the seaside: salty air, some seaweed clinging on the rocks. Beautiful!

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a unique fresh scent and especially those who think fresh perfumes are boring. I had a 50 ml bottle and will likely buy a new one for next summer.
10.0 7.5 9.0/10

Sweet and salty
I love salt, I love minerality, I love dark sweet earthy fruit. Forget fragrance, this is all just generally speaking. Then this essence comes along that combines those ingredients, and of course, I HAD to try it.

Admittedly, it is the salt which immediately drew me in and hooked me. It is natural and fresh, like moist, salty sea air - what an authentic marine scent truly should be, and now is, as defined by Womanity. This and dark dry fruit are its essence.

And that's all, but that's all it needs to be. Womanity can bask in its simplicity because it is authentic and quality.
And the bottle is gorgeous, enough said.

jtd
hiding your 'embarrassment' with a fig leaf
Nice start: sugared citrus. Nothing new, a sort of candied grapefruit (Caviar? Spare me.) After the brief opening, Womanity cycles through a vague floral mid-top note to a sweet but thin oriental, and eventually acquires its only element of interest: a woody, milky fig leaf. Cute metaphor--the fig leaf and its reference to concealing one’s private parts. Envision the shape of the leaf and imagine the junk it’s best shaped to hide. (Hint: not womanity's.) This fig leaf folds nicely into the oriental heart, but soon fades and Womanity hits the wall. It stops at a hackneyed, sweet woody tone and goes no further. Futuristic? Otherworldy? No. Commonplace? Yes. Suburban in its heart of hearts? Yes.

There is a strong sense of entropy and dissolution to the Mugler line:

• Angel (avenging angel)
• Innocent (happy angel)
• Angel Garden of Stars (flood of flankers)
• Alien (shrill, but conceptually a ‘pretty’ floral)
• Les Parfums [insert random word] (might be something interesting in here, but who’s going to dig through 13 simultaneously released flankers?)
• Les Miroirs (see above, change 13 to 5)
• Womanity (the fragrance aimed at the woman who was the girl who wore fruity-
floral/cotton candy perfumes 10 years ago)

What’s next, Angel Adolescent in another overly-styled bottle simply filled with sugar-water?
10.0 2.5 5.0 5.0/10

Salty figs
Womanity opens strong and sharp on me, but it quickly turns softer. The combination of figs and salt (salt water?) is very different and interesting. I sense another strong note that I can't really define.. It's controversial, but not at all as weird as I expected. Grass, wild nature comes to mind.
Somehow sophisticated, above all unusual. I like unusual.

I don't get the slightest resemblance to genitals at all. I don't get much sweetness (unsweet figs?). Any sweetness I get is in the drydown. No fish either, just the contrast between fig and salt.

This is one of the few that I didn't dare to blind buy, mostly because of the price. Luckily I found a bargain in my local shop (10 ml, $26).
I tried it 3 times on paper and twice on skin before I decided that I like it. Very polarized reviews almakes triggers my curiosity!
I wore it twice now alone at home. Will be interesting to see what my husband thinks of it.

I don't understand all the hate towards the bottle. I think it's beautiful and as unusual as the scent.
No cuteness here. It's sort of steampunk to me - actually I find the perfume steampunk-ish too (if there is such a thing).

I fully understand why it's a love it or hate it - if it's really unusual it's always like that, isn't it.

An amusing footnote: I was making a sample of Womanity and thought about all the rave, when I got an idea.
I went downstairs and made my DH smell the funnel I had just been using (he doesn't know womanity afaik) and asked him what it smelled like.
"hand soap, ordinary hand soap" was the answer!
Can it be any more different from the unwashed body parts so many others detect here? I don't think so, lol!

Fishes nothing but Fishes
I'ved tried this at Boscovs the scent is like Fish mixed with walnuts and spayed it with perfume Sorry for the fans of Womanly but this can be Srceations magnifiques feminine side or a Wife because they smell like stinky Fish.
5.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Thai Dessert
I'll have to partially agree with ineverwas: it smells like dessert, maybe a very fruity pudding.

But I really shouldn't read others' comments before writing my own - that particularly goes for the German ones where the purported caviar note is interpreted as fishy, salty, like the sea and bad body odor ... could this be the same scent I was coaxed into purchasing 10 ml (0.3 oz) of at the local drugstore? In advance: I wouldn't wear it on many occasions but I certainly don't regret buying it. For one thing I like small original flasks (the teensy little spray bottle is even refillable!) and for another I only have one problem with this scent.

I'm biting my tongue because in a review about Miller Harris' "Figue Amère" I claimed that there were no "real" fig essences (Mandy Aftel wrote something to the effect about her Fig). Actually I can't find the note itself here, but Womanity opens to a grandiose fruit salad in my nose - lots of pears, grapes, maybe some pineapple with little to no hesperidic accords.

As long as this fruit basket remains I'm singing praises for Womanity - what's in a name? I'm the first in favor of blurring the gender gap anyway, I'm even coming to terms with Chanel's No 5.

Vetiver? Cedar? Salt? The caviar must be hiding pretty well, when I want a sea beeze I'll take Hermès' Eau de Merveilles any time.

Unfortunately sometimes this fruity combination sometimes gives way to a milk-and-honeyy coconut aroma reminiscent of cheap shower gels that doesn't go well with either my skin or my nose. I love honey in some combinations (thus being the worst vegan ever), but milk and coconut just aren't my thing, so when that happened I got the urge to wash and scrape the scent off my skin. However, that hasn't happened recently, maybe for me this is a winter scent?

The only thing currently keeping me from using Womanity more often is my significant other whom it reminds of a bronzed and platinum blonde friend, and not in a good way.
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Salty, freshly baked cookies
Dear Womanity, why are you so unloved? I feel as if something is wrong with me seeming that I enjoy you so.

I know many people get citrus, fig, salty caviar, nail polish or bad body odour, but I smell spicy cookies. No joke, Womanity smells exactly like a cookie shop to me, the kind of smell that wafts past you, instantly electrifying your taste buds, with that 'straight-out-of-the-oven' freshly baked cookie smell.

I smelt Womanity over and over again to see whether my perception changed, but sure enough it smells foody and sweet like cookies.

Towards the heart I can begin to sense the fig which is delicious and tarty but never overwhelming. There is also a sparkling pink grapefruit accord in there somewhere too, which along with the pomegranate are the only fruits I can smell.

Womanity is a really fascinating scent, nowhere near as bad as some people are making it out to be. The lasting power and sillage are highly commendable and the complexity of the composition absolutely breath-taking.

I am so pleased that Thierry Mugler has once again jumped into the deep end and taken another risk with this new release. If all fragrance houses did this, the world of perfumery would be much more interesting.

Persistent fig, lightly salted
Despite all the hype, there's not a lot of innovation here. It's a fig fragrance with marine notes, and an awful name.

Womanity opens with a sweet citrusy accord. To me, it's like pink grapefruit and watermelon.

Next comes the milky sweetness of fig. I anticipated an interesting juxtaposition here with the caviar note, but it's just a slight saltiness on top of the much more prominent flowery aquatic that suggests a comparison with Cool Water.

After some time, the pink figgy floral aquatic stuff starts to recede.(Womanity is long-lasting. I should get some kind of prize for hanging in there, and not scrubbing.) I eventually got a vaguely woody but still sweet drydown.

Should you try it? If you like figs or Cool Water, sure. Otherwise, pass.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Anup
Is it fresh? Is it fruity?
No, not really, but it is very easy to understand how one could jump to classifying this perfume into one of those genres. This fragrance DOES come off rather fresh and fruity. However, the scent itself leans more into a gourmand type with a milky fig.

Many users on different perfume sites state that this (pardon my language) smells liken to a female who hasn't washed her southern areas, that notion is rubbish. To anyone who believes that this scents resembles the smell of genitals sure has had some great sexual experiences . Give me a physical break.

If you're the type of person that likes a fun, immensely unique, sweet and long-lasting scent that will make heads turn then this highly aromatic perfume is for you.
10.0 9.0/10

Figs and sea
Contrary to the general dislike of this fragrance, I find it quite refreshing - at last, an interesting recent release!

The initial sweet fig note reminded me of a tasty, juicy dessert while the salty note following in the heart and drydown transformed the scent into something sophisticated and unexpectedly surreal. I instantly pictured myself on the deck of an elegant cruise ship, watching the endless gray sea under a partially cloudy sky. The sun shining intermittently through the silver clouds, occasional sparkles in the ocean of water. Cool infinity all around.

The salty note is remarkable, but to me it isn't sickening in the least - it's in fact quite attractive and original. This perfume is fairly spectral and fanciful, but it does require specific skin chemistry in order to develop properly (close to how it does on paper).

I'm happy to have tested this fragrance because it's unique, memorable and thoroughly well-made. A lot of thought went into the scent and the marketing, and even if 'Womanity' is a rather tacky name, the concept behind it is quite empowering. I'm glad to see pioneering scents are still being developed, I'm so tired of smelling new fragrances and discover they smell like dozens of others before them.

Great job, Thierry Mugler!

Chimidoro 3 years ago
Fig, caviar, woods?
More aptly a ”tropical" cocktail.
A coconut & pineapple cocktail doused leather boot, smoldering in the midday sun.+3

by Pornograph