Rebel at Heart 2012

Rebel at Heart by Thomas Sabo
Bottle Design Philipp Günther
Rebel at Heart is a perfume by Thomas Sabo for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is still available to purchase.

Mark Buxton

Tonka beanTonka bean
VetiverVetiver
FrankincenseFrankincense
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.10.2021.

Surprisingly good!!
On a trip to my local niche perfumery a couple of days ago (I say local, but it's an hour away by car lol) I happened to pass the Thomas Sabo jewelry store and was struck by a few enticing pieces in their window. I'm such a magpie ... anything shiny and sparkly elicits 'oohs' and 'aahs' of predatory desire from my lips ... and then I saw the fragrances!!

Testers of Charm Rose and Charm Kiss were enticingly displayed, surrounded by bracelets and lots of delicate little charms that one could attach to them, all prettily twinkling in the halogen lights! I was intrigued to say the least ... and then immediately disappointed when Charm Rose turned out to be a synthetic mess of phenyl ethyl alcohol and straight up geraniol. I didn't bother with the 'Kiss' version and turned my attention back to the shiny stuff, eventually purchasing a braided leather bracelet with a chunky, worked silver clasp. Upon paying for my purchase, the sales assistant made reference to their two new fragrances (not available in-store yet) and added samples of Rebel at Heart and Glam 'n Soul to my bag.
I added them to the pile on my desk, and at a loose end this evening thought "what the hell ..." and let rip! Glam 'n Soul can be done without (a boring celeb like thing) but OH!! ... what a surprise Rebel at Heart has turned out to be!
Spicy and Woody in a very contained way, the initial half an hour of this one smells like a top end niche. I'm generally not a fan of Cumin in fragrances because of the 'unwashed armpit' vibe it tends to present my nose with. Strangely enough this note is well presented here, probably kept in check by a delicious Cedar and the sweetness of Bay Oil (which is mentioned on the sample package).
A very nice base quite heavy on the Patchouli and Tonka leaves one feeling that Rebel at Heart is one of those happy accidents ... something from a catalogue of fragrances that's turned out to be really good! The silage and longevity (while adequate) are certainly not stellar, but then neither are those of some really outrageously priced fragrances I have tried lately!

This fragrance reads like an Amouage or a Lutens!! Hideous bottle aside I would recommend seeking this out and giving it a try. I think I'll get some when it's available here :) ...

Popular Thomas Sabo

Charm Club - Forever by Thomas Sabo Eau de Karma by Thomas Sabo Eau de Karma Happiness by Thomas Sabo Charm Club - Charm Rose by Thomas Sabo Rebel at Heart - Dark Woods by Thomas Sabo Charm Club - Charm Rose Intense by Thomas Sabo Glam 'n Soul by Thomas Sabo Charm Club - Charm Kiss by Thomas Sabo Rebel at Heart - Gentle Woods by Thomas Sabo Charm Club - Charm Rose Summer by Thomas Sabo Charm Club - Charm Rose Beach by Thomas Sabo Charm Club - Hello by Thomas Sabo