Afrodite by Tiziana Terenzi

Afrodite is a popular perfume by Tiziana Terenzi for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.

Paolo Terenzi

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Lilac, Vanilla, White peach, White currant
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Tuberose absolute, Iris, Geranium, Lily-of-the-valley, Pheromones
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, White musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ebony, Pheromones

Submitted by Garcon, last update on 07.08.2020.

Venus, foam-born.
You have to be a little crazy to add another one to a perfect comment like Sweetsmell75. Or a little cocky. Or you can't help it, you just want this perfume to get the attention it deserves. And that's how I feel I have a question right at the beginning: When you think of "Aphrodite", or for all I care about her Roman pendant, Venus, what image do you have in mind? Is it one by Sandro Botticelli, showing the goddess naked standing on a shell, with her hair in the wind? I bet it is. But if it's not, bring the picture here, google it if necessary, so you know what I'm talking about. I need it for this scent For I believe that "The Birth of Venus" has lasted for more than 500 years, has been tried and tested countless times from Warhol to the advertising for ladies' shavers, and is so easily recalled from our memory because Botticelli succeeded in creating an archetype, the image of a goddess, or actually: to capture the divine in the feminine in such a way that we understand it with our soul before our mind can, and even beyond.
And I have a feeling as if 532 years later Paolo Terenzi could have done exactly that again: with a perfume. With quotations and allusions in the choice of components and a masterfully designed progression, he paints the picture anew, olfactorically, into our senses and our souls.
The very first impression when spraying the fragrance belongs to the pink pepper, which creates a diffuse arousal, a restless expectation, as if something was in the air, before it is, almost immediately, burnt over by white lilac, which, more complex and also less innocent than its purple siblings, washes me wildly, then is bound by the delicate, sensual, almost luminous sweetness of the white peach.
Remember Botticelli's picture? The roar of the air, the foaming spray, and in the midst of all this roar the foam-born Venus, radiant and sweet? That's what it smells like. Vanilla is soft, white currant ensures that the fragrance does not become sweet despite all its sweetness and, like the iris later on, prevents it from slipping into triviality at the threshold of the perceptible.
With time, the fruity peach note becomes more restrained, while the lilac remains in my perception for many hours. The fragrance now becomes more floral, lily-of-the-valley exudes cool beauty, bound again by the sweet-creamy tuberose, which for once doesn't want to show off, but only to be tender: the heart of the perfume belongs to the goddess. Like her, the fragrance is, at this stage, absorbed in itself, unaware, or let's say not interested in her, of the attention it attracts. It surrounds its wearer with an aura that radiates, a beauty that is neither young nor mature, but timeless, eternal Terenzi is clever enough not to succumb to the obvious temptation of a tonka bean, sublime vanilla or something similar in its base, which would have made the fragrance too pleasing. And it's true, I don't know what ebony smells like. But I imagine that next to the patchouli, which I take for granted because I can't really smell it, it provides what I would call "grounding", even if that is an inappropriate term for a goddess. Or perhaps for something mystical. Sandalwood and white musk give a playful, unobtrusive warmth, ambergris physical sensuality. And then there are the pheromones: I can't say whether this fragrance needs them. But if you smell it and are enchanted and have to smile, then maybe it has something to do with them.
Sweetsmell75 is right, very right even when she says that the Drydown is special: close to my skin it stays for hours like the wonderful memory of something that was perfect.

I think that when Botticelli painted his Venus, he loved women so much that he wanted to erect a monument to them. And Terenzi does the same. When I wear the scent of Aphrodite, he gives me a radiance, an aura, that makes me feel connected to a goddess - and to every other woman.

Addendum: My special thanks go to Sweetsmell75 who, without knowing it, inspired me with her comment on this happy blind purchase and to Covex who encouraged me to blindly trust her judgement.

Cool sheets_naked skin
According to Greek mythology Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty and sensual desire.
There one has then somehow already expectations like a smell, which carries the name of the love goddess probably is to smell ;)
Cool sheets_naked skin ... sensual ... sexy ... extremely female!
Well done Mr. Terenzi ... the scent is worthy of a goddess! ;)

To the fragrance:
Afrodite starts with a fine note of peach and lilac. Currants can be sniffed discreetly with vanilla swab in between. Fruity-floral-lightly sweet with peppery sprinkles. It smells very fine In the process it becomes powdery through the iris with flowery background noise. Tuberose, neroli and co ... i kann´s not really filter out (no Wummser!) :) Pure harmony!
With fluffy-cool musk and unimaginable patchouli geht´s into the base. Creamy woody tones and warm spicy ambergris are also part of the mix. Pheromones ... you don't smell them, it takes place in your head ... probably you think but there is something ;)
The Drydown is simply sensual-sexy-feminine-beautiful ... i am so excited!
*Woody musk_sensual base*
Afrodite reminds me of Panthea (only without smoke and herb), a little bit but also of White from Puredistance. Somehow in between lies this Terenzi.
Not loud, not noisy or pompous ... just sensually fragrant ;)
Unisex? I think we'd better leave him to women!
Men believe me... you'll love that in us!
Afrodite can wear woman all year round. An evergreen!
The shelf life is 8 hours plus ... the Sillage is rather discreet.
Intimate skin scent would fit ... did I mention that the base is very special? ;)
The bottle is beautiful and of high quality.

Conclusion:
Cool Sheets_Naked Skin
How do pheromones smell?
*sexy*
Panthea without smoke & cabbage.
Flowers spoil with time.
Woody musk_sinnlichbasis!

Psssst .... Afrodite awakens the goddess in us ;) ...so girls ... test!
I do not expect kann´s at all until the smell stands with us in the shelves *impatiently_bin *

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Mit Licht... wie geil ist das denn ☆
Wie ein kleines Museumsstück ♡

Popular Tiziana Terenzi

Chimaera by Tiziana Terenzi Orion by Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi Spirito Fiorentino by Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopea by Tiziana Terenzi Eclix by Tiziana Terenzi Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi Dionisio by Tiziana Terenzi Kirkè by Tiziana Terenzi Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi Maremma by Tiziana Terenzi Tyl by Tiziana Terenzi Foconero by Tiziana Terenzi Al Contrario by Tiziana Terenzi White Fire by Tiziana Terenzi XIX March by Tiziana Terenzi Cas (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi Delox by Tiziana Terenzi Casanova by Tiziana Terenzi