Chimaera by Tiziana Terenzi
Bottle Design Tiziana Terenzi

Top 99 in Unisex Perfume
Chimaera is a popular limited perfume by Tiziana Terenzi for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino. Limited Edition

Paolo Terenzi

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Lemon, Saffron, Soil, White leather, Hydrogen, Tolu balm, Thyme, Bay leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Red pepper, Carnation, Peony, Honey, Black magnolia, Sage, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cashmere wood, Labdanum, Benzoin, Caramel, Oud, Tobacco, Copaiba balsam, Leather, Pine

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 28.07.2020.

His Majesty, by the grace of God, the Gesamtkunstwerk
I'm swamped. Fan of simple fragrances. Perplexed by the number of ingredients in the pyramid of scents. Extremely tense before the first spraying of the sample. Tense because the scent pyramid alone does not contain any information about what kind of scent it is supposed to hide.

Oud, incense, caramel, patchouli. It's almost like being kidnapped in the United Arab Emirates. In expectation of an Arab crusher (admittedly, I didn't read the comments here) I ordered a bottling. Oriental fragrances inspire me very much
But still kind of insecure. Lemon, magnolia, sage. Maybe it's not heavy after all. Maybe it's even suitable for the beach.

Sprayed on for the first time, directly on the skin. Lemon, sage and lots of it. Kind of diffuse. Harmonious, though. I couldn't tell you what I'm smelling up the hallway. Sometimes I think I've recognized another scent and then the next time I smell it I doubt myself again. Woody wood is quickly added. Pine tree scent, cashmere wood, eagle wood. I don't want to say oud. Associatively rather located in the heavy and oriental compositions with spices. Here it is wood.

Sage and lemon and much remains. (Green) forest comes out stronger in the course, but sage and lemon and much remains.

For me unsurpassed complexity. Still comparatively linear. Total work of art. I can't get it out of my head
My best friend, otherwise also a fan of oud, frankincense, amber and spices, by the way.

Sage and lemon and green make this fragrance wearable for me all year round. Heavy enough for the winter in the green forest. Light enough for a day at the beach in Greece with homemade ice tea sage-lemon. Unexpected.

Stunned, fascinated, in love. Total work of art. I repeat myself. Immediately added to the collection.

I remain unusually speechless.

Cheers
Rosie88
Lemon kiss on resinous pine heart
I was sooo curious on this smell, particularly since so many interesting contents materials are represented....
Thanks to a dear Parfuma I could now finally test the fragrance:

The prelude is very citrus-heavy... An absolutely authentic lemon note surrounds me, delicate, fresh and not unpleasant.... Then a spiciness is added from which the thyme listed in the pyramid can be absolutely sniffed out... really very authentic... A tender and fine leather I can catch also briefly....

After approx. 10 min. the scent of the well-seasoned lemon turns off:

The fragrance becomes creamy-balsamic-resinous....
An absolutely authentic pine note comes fresh and resinous, accompanied by moss and succinct sage... They cover the lemon, which however now and then flashes through again... not unpleasant, rather exciting and surprising :)

The fragrance is now characterized by resinous pine, a light oud note and various spices....
The heart stays pretty long so preserved, a good 8 hours I'd mean.

In the "finish" I only add a soft leather note and a few lemon kisses from time to time, otherwise the fragrance remains almost identical in the base as in the heart note....

I have to admit, the scent is very interesting, even though I think it seems a bit masculine....

All in all, I'd say
citric prelude,
resinous-spicy-balsamic pine heart
with leather outlet

Well done, Paolo Terenzi :)

Fabulous creature
I've been in his possession a long time. Chimaera, the scent so hard to describe. The scent of an elemental force within itself and its complexity to guess is very difficult and challenging for untrained, but also very experienced noses. For a very long time I have been playing with the idea of writing a commentary that only halfway does justice to this perfume and gives an impression of what you are dealing with here. Let's give it a try with the following scenario!

Imagine!
One goes for a walk on a volcanic beach along a Mediterranean coast. Everything looks black and dull on the beach until suddenly something in the sun attracts attention. A fist-sized piece of lava that is completely different from the others irideszes in the sun, because it is semitransparent and consists only partially of molten lava, but also of amber resins. If you hold it in the sun, you can see many inclusions in it. But what makes it most unusual is the fact that it smells. This only piece has everything what it still as glow-hot magma has rolled over absorbed and olfactorically preserved as by a miracle.

It smells of citric sage and various Mediterranean herbs such as thyme, bitter bay leaf and various spicy pepper varieties. Mineral notes are recognizable as dusty hot sand heated by the sun. Herber and dark honey blends with flowery nuances of waxy soft magnolia and bitter-tart saffron. Balsamic resins pour out accompanied by cistus roses and creamy-butyriger benzoin. Patchouli in earthy chocolaty tones flashes, everything is fogged with smoky tobacco incense notes and powdery soft cashmere wood. And finally wrapped in a leathery satin layer of golden glittering caramel.

Conclusion
Chimaera is like a fossil piece of lava that has been found on a Mediterranean coast and seems to live inside and that overwhelms you with its multitude of olfactory wonders. Deciphering this scent is not easy because the scent is highly complex and opulent. Chimaera is really like a chimera or a mirage, because you always perceive something different, but never smell anything specific. A legion of notes trapped in a core.spices, flowers, resins and woods sink into the smoky charred caramel and are bound in it until only a fragrant sound emerges.a continuous, constant, olfactory metamorphosis.an interplay of scents and impressions.it fits perfectly into the winter season but it also does very well in a warm summer night or on holiday on tanned skin. Even there he is very changeable and changeable. I wear it myself or let's say "bear" it more in my private life, because it calms me down very much and almost dominates me. He's literally forcing me to let go. I've given up understanding him for a long time. Chimaera is not to be controlled and understood, but this fact makes him so incredibly beautiful and mysterious!

Consistency is the chimera of love.
Luc de Clapiers Vauvenargues

Carlitos01Carlitos01 10 months ago
Chimaera is very very spicy, but also balsamic, woody, leathery and sweet. It's a full bodied, complete and complex scent. I really like it!

by Freshdennis
by Dimwobba
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Tiziana Terenzi

Orion by Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi Spirito Fiorentino by Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopea by Tiziana Terenzi Eclix by Tiziana Terenzi Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi Dionisio by Tiziana Terenzi Kirkè by Tiziana Terenzi Afrodite by Tiziana Terenzi Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi Maremma by Tiziana Terenzi Tyl by Tiziana Terenzi Foconero by Tiziana Terenzi Al Contrario by Tiziana Terenzi White Fire by Tiziana Terenzi XIX March by Tiziana Terenzi Cas (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi Delox by Tiziana Terenzi Casanova by Tiziana Terenzi