Foconero by Tiziana Terenzi
Foconero is a popular perfume by Tiziana Terenzi for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.

Paolo Terenzi

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender Italian lemonItalian lemon JuniperJuniper BergamotBergamot LimeLime ThymeThyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamomCardamom HyacinthHyacinth Lily of the valleyLily of the valley Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang SaltSalt OzoneOzone
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss SandalwoodSandalwood PatchouliPatchouli White cedarWhite cedar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.04.2022.

Foconero means "Black Fire".

Salty fragrance
Since the Kirke has completely failed me, I must now write a review about the Foconero, because this is a great fragrance. I describe this time with a single word which could not be more appropriate: Aquatic!
But from the beginning:
At the beginning, the Foconero unfortunately does not knock my socks off. The lemon is there, but very artificial. This is provided with something what you want to call salt. I have never errochen salt so clearly. However, the scent is too impetuous at the beginning, too unbalanced, seems too forced. Simply unclean. As if all the oils wanted to take control and fight with all their might for supremacy.
But this fragrance needs time and it reinvents itself (somewhat).
Lemon dwindles and Ylang-Ylang adds itself and immediately takes over the command, shall me only right - great. The "salt" blends in very appropriately, cardamom (I find especially in TF Oud Wood very concise and wonderful) comes in and this also says a lot to me. Sandalwood keeps a low profile, but can also be sniffed out. A bit stronger is the cedar to be heard, but also not too strong simply beautifully integrated.
And at the end I have but actually still the wonderful oak moss.
So with time it becomes creamy-aquatic, soft and round.
So that's fun!
The lemony-salty pinch
Foconero is a fresh woody perfume that transports me mentally to a beach bar on sardines. The extrait de parfum begins with a shot of beautifully blended green and aquatic notes, loaded with juniper and authentic citrus like bergamot, lemon and lime. As it progresses, a tart lemon and soothing herbal tone remains present. Along with some muted cardamom and thyme, a pleasant spiciness is added to the perfume. Up to here, Foconero gives you a very fresh, green and vibrant feeling. In the base, you are left with a great seawater hint, which is rounded off with strong aromas like sandalwood, cedar and patchouli. The fragrance from the house of Tiziana Terenzi has an incredible amount of power, the shelf life is nine to ten hours with a very strong sillage in the first 120 minutes.
----------------------
Verdict: A very strong, maritime summer fragrance that whistles at all performance problems. Foconero is for me the Italy holiday in a bottle. Who is looking for a great, citrusy and salty fragrance for the summer, should access Foconero.
The perfect Aquat ?
I have really already tested some aquatic fragrances. The result was mostly sobering. Often these were somehow scratchy, synthetic, or even musty. I like aquatics but rather softer. I used to wear Fierce a lot in my youth. Unfortunately, this one is just a shadow of its former self and on top of that, I can't stand this scent anymore. So the journey continued and I ended up with Percival, this one had something too synthetic for me so back to the souk with it. The next Aquat was Sedley. Unfortunately, this was for me too scratchy and somewhat unpleasant in the long run also landed back in the souk, clearly I have both fragrances rated well, but in the long run these then somehow did not appeal to me. The next fragrance was Kilian Vodka on the Rocks. For was unfortunately terribly synthetic and unpleasant for me.

But now to Foconero. Foconero clearly has similarities to the above perfumes, but then what makes Foconero unique is that there are no synthetics here. Foconero smells absolutely natural and manages to convince me completely. However, Foconero still has a slight fougere DNA, which comes from the lavender. In my opinion, this note creates the perfect balancing act between an aquatic and a fougere. For me, this combination is what makes Foconero and why it was able to stand up to the fragrances listed above. Foconero is really so easy to wear and doesn't stress you out at all, which is really the case with some aquatics.

The performance is really really good too. I can really notice Foconero on my skin for up to 10 hours. The silage is the first 3-4 hours a little over an arm's length perceptible, but definitely pleasant and not unsuitable for use in the office.

The association of 2€ shower gel I can not quite understand. I am of the opinion then an Aquat especially with lavender is clearly the wrong scent. An Aquat wants to be simply fresh and reminiscent of the sea. The whole thing is achieved through a feeling of purity or water and a shower gel ultimately wants to refresh too, but the purpose is ultimately different. An aquat is meant to maintain that fresh feeling for hours and that's exactly what Foconero accomplishes masterfully.

The price also makes Foconero unrivaled for me. With a little luck, prices are possible here around the 80€ or below and for this there is even an Extrait de Parfum.

For me, clearly my Aquat number 1.

Fresh salty citric potion
Foconero is different from the typical summer scent, it's a little bit citric without being a citric perfume, it is a little salty without being marine, it has class, elegance, body, nothing garish, for me it is the sensation that leaves a cocktail of these thick with a little citrus peel, and the salty edge.

I don't know if the full price is excessive to be honest, as a perfume I find it very cool, elegant and wearable, but apart from that it brings back memories of when I was visiting Milan one June and we had a cocktails evening, with people well dressed, on the terrace, with the river, the music, the good vibe, that's Foconero.

But there will be people who will find one more salty fresh perfume.

Smunitz
Nice summer Italian coast style freshy
Yes, it resembles the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue and to a lesser extent Fierce (imagine 70% - 30% mix). Obviously, it is an unfair comparison: the above two frags are designer while Paolo is working with a different budget. Very Italian, citrus-floral-aromatic-slightly woody with a pinch of ozonic and slightly airy salty accord. High quality, no chemical overload here, very natural smelling. Not very original, due to the above resemblance but very nice, easy to wear, likable scent. Great performance, unlike current formulations of the two above. So if you like D&G Light Blue and Fierce, blind buy safe. If not, you still might like this but try first.This also reminds me of Percival but I strongly prefer Foconero to the above, really. :)

On the Italian coast
Only a few samples of Tiziana Terenzi have come under my nose so far.
That's why I was expecting a surprise with anticipation, and that's how it happened.
At Foconero I can't find any comparison to other fragrances I have already tested.
For a fougere, it's very well done The levels are clearly visible to me.
Fruits in the head and flowers in the heart, built on wood and patchouli with mossy green.
Paolo Terenzi describes with this fragrance a holiday with his family at the Italian coast
Now for the test:
So when I sprayed the first one on I immediately noticed something new in character.

It is herbaceous, sweet and sour because of the citrus notes Lavender has something calming for me, which the flowers underline I think I detect something salty too.
As with many Fougere, the fragrance remains stable with its style.

After about 20 minutes I can no longer filter out the different nuances exactly.

To put it in words,
Fruity-sweet-acidic - Mild Grassy Herbaceous
Like a green smoothie

Clarify with imagination

After a short rain, on a warm day, On an Italian coast.
Sunshine hits the damp ground. Thereby ethereal vapours spread out.
The smell of the mossy ground attracts my nose, juniper bushes and lavender stand out against the green.
I enjoy a warm lemon tea in a cedar rocking chair and look at the salty sea ...

Good work Paolo

LijaLija 1 month ago
Love it ❤ its perfect scent
Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 9 months ago
Sharp, very masculine, a bit retro cologne, sometimes powdery-vanilla in the base. Could not tame it.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
It has the same vibe as Light Blue pour Homme Eau Intense. Fresh citrusy opening with marine notes, juniper and a woodsy note in the drydown
Pietros921Pietros921 4 years ago
If you like bleu de chanel, sauvage, elysium, etc... then try this one. Apart from this nothing more to say. You already got me ;)

tiziana terenzi - foconero : limone, mare e timo... sorrento lässt grüßen :) freshness die auf jede haltbarkeitsproblematik p(fei)ffffft - mega!
by Felsn
by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus

Popular by Tiziana Terenzi

Rosso Pompei by Tiziana Terenzi Orion by Tiziana Terenzi Burdèl by Tiziana Terenzi Chimaera by Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopea by Tiziana Terenzi Orza by Tiziana Terenzi Tyl by Tiziana Terenzi Gumìn by Tiziana Terenzi Kirkè by Tiziana Terenzi Hale Bopp by Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi Spirito Fiorentino by Tiziana Terenzi Delox by Tiziana Terenzi Eclix by Tiziana Terenzi Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi Adhil by Tiziana Terenzi Afrodite by Tiziana Terenzi Dionisio by Tiziana Terenzi Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi Borea by Tiziana Terenzi