Maremma by Tiziana Terenzi
Bottle Design Tiziana Terenzi

Maremma is a popular perfume by Tiziana Terenzi for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.

Paolo Terenzi

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ylang-ylang, Grasse jasmine, Blackcurrant, Holm oak
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Orris root, Oud, Lotus, Lotus wood, Cumin, Honey
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cocoa powder, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Amber, Rosewood, Opoponax

Submitted by Merlina, last update on 05.03.2020.

Maremma (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• TIZIANA TERENZI MAREMMA •

Recently, I went through my last wearing on my Tom Ford Black Orchid sample, which I really enjoyed and I contemplated buying a bottle. When I discussed this, I was recommended looking at Tiziana Terenzi's Maremma as an alternative. Flashforward...first succesful blind-buy of 2020 accomplished.
Maremma is an Extrait de Parfum that opens nearly identical to Black Orchid to my nose. There are a lot of notes listed, but what pops out at you are the patchouli, cocoa and an array of flowers (and orris) that I would not be able to distinguish. There's a slight fruitiness to the composition, with blackcurrant and ylang ylang. In the drydown, this starts to differentiatie itself more from Black Orchid, turning into a sweeter (though definitely not overly sweet) and more accesible or lighter scent. The cocoa feels a bit stronger here, giving it a powdery chocolate scent. The fruitiness fades in the drydown, but there remains a floral and slightly vegital accord. It's not too earthy or green for my taste and it's very smooth, and not too powdery, which is not something I always like. There's only one thing that's keeping me from giving this a perfect score scent-wise, and that's a hint of plastic or as one review I read described, chewing gum, that sometimes keeps rearing it's head.

As an Extrait de Parfum I'd say it's quite subtle giving how dark and heavy the scent can be, with moderate projection and sillage. Which does add to the versatily of the fragrance, so that's not necessarily a bad thing (edit: on second full wear, it's stronger than I initially noticed). Longevity is above average. It's a unisex fragrance and if you're familiar with Black Orchid and enjoy that one, I think you will enjoy this one as a man as well, but this definitely doesn't lean more masculine to me. Looking at the quality, the scent and the presentation, for the price, this gives Black Orchid a real run for it's money and I'm surprised it isn't talked about more frequently •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.

The Massive
If a scent in the direction of 24 hours gets stuck on my skin, and the first thing that gets into my nose in the morning is the scent of the day before, then that's worth a review.

One thing in advance, my attempts to sail me along the fragrance pyramid have failed miserably. Too much power develops Maremma and after two fully pumped sprayers I feel like I am fully blown through. This stuff's got some real boom. And the womms, it'll last a long time.

The start on my skin is like a mixture of fresh, fruity, spicy and at the same time sweetish, whereby the freshness disappears (too) quickly, but is perhaps so wanted. After that, as I said, I don't find myself in the fragrance pyramid, Maremma simply remains incredibly full. I feel like I've layered Tom Ford's Oud Wood and Lost Cherry with Kilian's Intoxicated. Whether this huge mixture pleases or not, the fragrance is and remains impressive in any case.

What I completely miss in the pyramid and what I mean to perceive more and more with increasing duration are vanilla undertones. Arranged quite differently, however, than one knows it from such typical vanilla scents as Vanille Fatale or Tobacco Vanilla.

This mixture of woody notes with the sweetness of honey and (I'm sticking with it) vanilla probably brings this heaviness with it and the fragrance gradually takes over. Wrapping its vehicle (m/w/d) in a pre-X-mas mood. Hardly Christkindlmarkt-capable.

As I said, I seldom smelled a perfume that I find so hard to describe. Also because over many hours new facets can be discovered again and again.

And just because of that a test recommendation.

Durability massive, overnight no problem. Sillage dangerous, firstly because strong and secondly because the office neighbor may fog the senses. The bottle a statement, here comes no quitter, but someone who wants to know. When: in the evening and in winter. Who: I see rather the ladies among us find favor, for the gentlemen of creation, pffff, I do not know right.

Definitely not a mass product, from my point of view a special fragrance for special people.

by Freshdennis
by Munu
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB

Popular Tiziana Terenzi

Chimaera by Tiziana Terenzi Spirito Fiorentino by Tiziana Terenzi Orion by Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopea by Tiziana Terenzi Eclix by Tiziana Terenzi Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi Dionisio by Tiziana Terenzi Afrodite by Tiziana Terenzi Ursa by Tiziana Terenzi Kirkè by Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi Foconero by Tiziana Terenzi White Fire by Tiziana Terenzi Al Contrario by Tiziana Terenzi XIX March by Tiziana Terenzi Delox by Tiziana Terenzi Lince by Tiziana Terenzi Porpora by Tiziana Terenzi Saiph (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi