Maremma by Tiziana Terenzi
Bottle Design Tiziana Terenzi
7.7 / 10 144 Ratings
Maremma is a popular perfume by Tiziana Terenzi for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is fruity-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Grasse jasmineGrasse jasmine BlackcurrantBlackcurrant Holm oak
Heart Notes Heart Notes AngelicaAngelica Orris rootOrris root OudOud LotusLotus Lotus woodLotus wood CuminCumin HoneyHoney
Base Notes Base Notes PatchouliPatchouli Cocoa powderCocoa powder SandalwoodSandalwood LabdanumLabdanum AmberAmber RosewoodRosewood OpoponaxOpoponax

Submitted by Merlina, last update on 21.11.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Creamy & Woody cocoa
Maremma is a very nice scent. It is a sandalwood & patchouli creamy fragance with loads of cocoa and a sweet flowery vibe. It is true that is very similar to black orchid by Tom Ford. If you smell them together there are some differences. Maremma smells more intense and overall more natural while black orchid is a bit more medicinal and plástic. In adition maremma has a better performance and lasts more time on skin projecting in a low/moderate level for 3-4 hours while black orchid projects high the first hour and then fades off quickly. However if a smell them separatly un different days i cant say which perfume is...i have tried It with my brother telling him use the two different days and i would say which one are you wearing...and not...i couldnt! I must say that i usted to LOVE black orchid because years before had a gorgeous performance. Now nevertheless It has changed and It has Lost all his powerful so maremma is a good option for those Who miss the old black orchid... Better for night time with fresh weather. Unisex!

Scent: 9
Originality: 6
Global: 9

Maremma (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• TIZIANA TERENZI MAREMMA •

Recently, I went through my last wearing on my Tom Ford Black Orchid sample, which I really enjoyed and I contemplated buying a bottle. When I discussed this, I was recommended looking at Tiziana Terenzi's Maremma as an alternative. Flashforward...first succesful blind-buy of 2020 accomplished.
Maremma is an Extrait de Parfum that opens nearly identical to Black Orchid to my nose. There are a lot of notes listed, but what pops out at you are the patchouli, cocoa and an array of flowers (and orris) that I would not be able to distinguish. There's a slight fruitiness to the composition, with blackcurrant and ylang ylang. In the drydown, this starts to differentiatie itself more from Black Orchid, turning into a sweeter (though definitely not overly sweet) and more accesible or lighter scent. The cocoa feels a bit stronger here, giving it a powdery chocolate scent. The fruitiness fades in the drydown, but there remains a floral and slightly vegital accord. It's not too earthy or green for my taste and it's very smooth, and not too powdery, which is not something I always like. There's only one thing that's keeping me from giving this a perfect score scent-wise, and that's a hint of plastic or as one review I read described, chewing gum, that sometimes keeps rearing it's head.

As an Extrait de Parfum I'd say it's quite subtle giving how dark and heavy the scent can be, with moderate projection and sillage. Which does add to the versatily of the fragrance, so that's not necessarily a bad thing (edit: on second full wear, it's stronger than I initially noticed). Longevity is above average. It's a unisex fragrance and if you're familiar with Black Orchid and enjoy that one, I think you will enjoy this one as a man as well, but this definitely doesn't lean more masculine to me. Looking at the quality, the scent and the presentation, for the price, this gives Black Orchid a real run for it's money and I'm surprised it isn't talked about more frequently •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
Very helpful Review 10
The Massive
If a scent in the direction of 24 hours gets stuck on my skin, and the first thing that gets into my nose in the morning is the scent of the day before, then that's worth a review.

One thing in advance, my attempts to sail me along the fragrance pyramid have failed miserably. Too much power develops Maremma and after two fully pumped sprayers I feel like I am fully blown through. This stuff's got some real boom. And the womms, it'll last a long time.

The start on my skin is like a mixture of fresh, fruity, spicy and at the same time sweetish, whereby the freshness disappears (too) quickly, but is perhaps so wanted. After that, as I said, I don't find myself in the fragrance pyramid, Maremma simply remains incredibly full. I feel like I've layered Tom Ford's Oud Wood and Lost Cherry with Kilian's Intoxicated. Whether this huge mixture pleases or not, the fragrance is and remains impressive in any case.

What I completely miss in the pyramid and what I mean to perceive more and more with increasing duration are vanilla undertones. Arranged quite differently, however, than one knows it from such typical vanilla scents as Vanille Fatale or Tobacco Vanilla.

This mixture of woody notes with the sweetness of honey and (I'm sticking with it) vanilla probably brings this heaviness with it and the fragrance gradually takes over. Wrapping its vehicle (m/w/d) in a pre-X-mas mood. Hardly Christkindlmarkt-capable.

As I said, I seldom smelled a perfume that I find so hard to describe. Also because over many hours new facets can be discovered again and again.

And just because of that a test recommendation.

Durability massive, overnight no problem. Sillage dangerous, firstly because strong and secondly because the office neighbor may fog the senses. The bottle a statement, here comes no quitter, but someone who wants to know. When: in the evening and in winter. Who: I see rather the ladies among us find favor, for the gentlemen of creation, pffff, I do not know right.

Definitely not a mass product, from my point of view a special fragrance for special people.

4 short views on the fragrance
FragranciskaFragranciska 12 months ago
Instant happiness, powerfull and well balanced Maremma is like a well componed landscape. The best is the cocoa. Ican not live without it...
MickoMicko 1 year ago
Very similar Black orchid. Performance is good, sometimes very good
Blako11Blako11 2 years ago
This one is more feminine with sweetness, more natural and less intriguing, though equally dark and attractive, silkier.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Creamy patchouli & sandalwood with a touch of cocoa and sweet flowers. Nice and intense perfume similar to black orchid with better sillage

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

10 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Tiziana Terenzi

Rosso Pompei by Tiziana Terenzi Burdèl by Tiziana Terenzi Orion (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopea (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi Tyl by Tiziana Terenzi Orza by Tiziana Terenzi Chimaera by Tiziana Terenzi Kirkè (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi Spirito Fiorentino by Tiziana Terenzi Delox (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi Gumìn by Tiziana Terenzi Hale Bopp by Tiziana Terenzi Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi Nero Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi Lince by Tiziana Terenzi Afrodite by Tiziana Terenzi Foconero by Tiziana Terenzi Eclix by Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh (Extrait de Parfum) by Tiziana Terenzi