Orion by Tiziana Terenzi
Orion is a popular perfume by Tiziana Terenzi for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is fruity-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

MuskMusk
OudOud
FrankincenseFrankincense
CedarCedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.10.2021.

Sauna in San Giovanni
Beads of sweat ran down his temples, found their way over his prominent, shaved cheeks only to finally drip down his chin towards the hot wooden floor. Although it was blisteringly hot in the small wooden cabin, Paolo's sauna partner Francesco couldn't resist spooning some more of his special infusion onto the hot stones with the wooden spoon. In this respect he was incorrigible. However, you had to hand it to him that he had a distinct talent for creating beautiful infusions.

The sauna filled abruptly with dense steam and took one's breath away in the first moment. After his nose had become accustomed to the hot humidity, Paolo detected the first notes of green, juicy apples and tart, sour currants. The second breath brought nuances of pineapple, only this came across as almost smoked. Following the brilliantly fruity attack, herbaceous notes of thyme and oregano could be detected, at first very subtly and then more and more strongly. These mingled with a note that Paolo could not quite place at first. Aromatic and balsamic, the scent traveled up his nose, leaving a trail that was both refreshing and relaxing. Francesco had to give him a wink - it was birch! The hourglass on the wall opposite Paolo had almost run out, when he heard another turn of the notes to be perceived. He had to sniff carefully to identify what he was smelling, but he could swear he was hearing subtle nuances of incense, filigree resins and noble woods. As hot as the thick clouds of steam were, they had a calming and refreshing effect on Paolo. Francesco had once again managed to turn their sauna session into an olfactory experience.

Now that the last grain of sand had found its way through the hourglass, Paolo headed off to cool off a bit. He said goodbye to Francesco, opened the door to the outdoor area, walked towards the pool and slipped into the cool water with a headlong dive. Roaring, the water raged in his ears until he had pushed his way to the opposite edge of the pool through the mass of water and his upper body pierced the surface. Splashing, he stroked his hair and savored the moment fully as the first rays of the day's sun brushed across his face.

Fin.
JBreit96
Summer scent in the winter constellation
According to a Greek mythological tradition, Orion is a great hunter who hunted Pleione, the mother of the Pleiades, with his dogs Canis Major and Canis Minor.

This story already includes a large part of the essential winter constellations in the Northern Hemisphere: Orion, Lesser and Greater Dog, the Pleiades. Therefore, for the astronomy-savvy fragrance lover, the namesake Orion as a winter constellation may seem a bit inappropriate for a summer fragrance.

After the little digression into Greek mythology and astronomy, we now come to the essentials, after all, it is not primarily about the name, but about the fragrance and the convinced me all along the line.

After my bottle of Creed Aventus bought years ago ran out, I was looking for a suitable replacement. The fragrance I already liked very much, but after I have noticed of the recently declining quality of Creed Aventus, it seemed to me at the time to look around for alternatives. So I came for the first time on Orion and have me directly times a sample sent to be allowed to test him.

After I had sprayed me two spritzes, I immediately perceived my old familiar Aventus pineapple note, which, however, is surrounded by a also quite strongly present spice. Is it thyme, oregano, or even both? For my nose it's hard to say, but I think I can smell both spices and for me it makes the fragrance more interesting, because the top note is well known, but reinterpreted by the spices. Apple and bergamot I smell explicitly not out, maybe they mix well with the pineapple note, maybe my nose is not yet fine enough in this regard, but I take the two at most a little rounding the fragrance in the background perceive.
In the further course, the spices rather step into the background and leave after about an hour of the citrus fruitiness of the fragrance the spotlight. Now I smell clearly the really nice pineapple note, which again reminds me strongly of Creed Aventus, but nevertheless by the subtle spice and by fine green notes (probably by the birch) again reinterprets old familiar and is therefore by no means a dupe, but has its own right to exist.
This fruitiness with the subtle spice pulls the fragrance also through to the end.
Even in the drydown, the fragrance is, as I said, still quite fruity. One notices, however, now a certain woodiness, but I can not define closer, maybe it's the musk, maybe it's the cedar, but oud or incense I do not perceive, but what I also do not consider negative.

Durability and sillage are absolutely top notch, at least on my skin. If I spray me in the morning with Orion, I smell it throughout the day and even in the evening the scent is still well perceptible. Convincing all along the line. The time for this fragrance is, as already angeteasert, definitely the summer.

All in all, I find the fragrance extremely well done. One recognizes the inspiration to Creed Aventus, everyone knows the fragrance DNA, to which Orion of Tiziana Terenzi ties. But Orion interprets this in a new, very unique way that I personally find extremely appealing. It should also be noted that Orion completely outshines Aventus in terms of fragrance performance. I can highly recommend Orion by Tiziana Terenzi to anyone who, for whatever reason, is looking for an Aventus alternative
Maikel
Too weak, too expensive, too synthetic
The synthetic sucks.
Despite the warm weather poor durability.
To the black rider I smell quite few parallels, because this is more complex, has a different course and on my skin very long and potent powert.
For me, more similarity to Bucephalus No. XI which, despite synthetics, smells better, performs worlds better and costs considerably less.
Ischgelroi
Much more than an Aventus Dupe...
Orion is one of the few scents, which has made a second time in my collection. The first bottle had to go, because I was somehow still so stupid and thought me as soon as I smell apple, pineapple and birch in a perfume it's just a cheap Aventus Dupe (garbage). I think some here still think that way. It's really a touchy subject with the so called Aventus Dupes. Any resemblance, no matter how small, is a criterion for exclusion and the fragrance gets a bad rating.

Now I received my second bottle of Orion today and after today's wear or retest, I can really say Orion is for me an absolutely independent fragrance, which can set off by its woody notes, more Moss and a great green note of Aventus. Orion is for me clearly the better fragrance due to the previously mentioned differences. There are also other motivations for me, which made it that Orion could oust Aventus from my collection. The quality of Orion is better, which is clearly also due to the extrait concentration, which makes the individual notes stand out better. I got tired of every Aventus bottle I bought getting worse after 2016, especially in terms of performance. Orion is cheaper than Aventus, which is also a very important argument for me in a fragrance that I want to wear frequently.

Orion holds with me despite 30 degrees outside temperature over 7 hours, which is absolutely in the good range. The Silage is permanently perceptible at about an arm's length.

Orion could ultimately convince me by its independence, combined with a Similar direction as Aventus, but still be independent, here very many perfumes fail to do so.

Orion is also a great alternative for Hacivat owners who are their Hacivat too fruity or synthetic.

It’s like Polo
I bought a decant of Orion knowing the scent notes aren’t my norm. Despite having done that, I was taken aback upon first spray.

To me this is 100% a man fragrance, which I’m not, so it’s not for me. But since it was already on my arms I figured what the hell, I may as well wear it.

I immediately got migraine auras within the first three minutes. Not a great sign. The perfume reminds me strongly of Polo by Ralph Lauren in the green bottle from the 1980s. I dated a young man who wore that and I loved it on him, so it was nice to reminisce.
The top notes to me are pine, or forest in general—very strong at that. It slapped me in the face kind of strong.
After five minutes it smells like Polo. Citrus overtakes the green, and the Oud is coming out. I honestly smelled no flowers of any kind here on my skin.

I gave the decant to my husband to see what he thinks. He loves it on himself and on me, but I do not. He has to under-spray to wear it due to my migraines.

We both love “Ursa”, but Orion just isn’t my thing. Although it smells better on him than on me, and he likes it a lot, we agreed to sell this one because of my migraines.
Nococo
Top note wow.. The rest well
The top note is really nice and even heftier than that of the Aventus. The afterwards is a very synthetic birch thyme mixture :/
Smells in the drydown like forgotten spice from ner plastic bowl..
Very much looking forward to the fragrance but is definitely not mine.... The top note lasts 3-4 minutes and then goes into this synthetic forest mixed um... Nixht to recommend
Jas0N
When the rational mind meets the emotional heart
I'm a complete rationalist. With me, the heart rarely decides. I hardly ever make a truly erratic, spontaneous decision. I don't want to describe myself as inflexible, my work doesn't allow for that, but again, rational thought comes before creative and spontaneous decisions.
Usually I also make private decisions according to the pattern described above.
Unfortunately, however, this leads to conflicts with some frequency.

For me, perfume is already associated with a certain emotionality. Smells evoke memories of people, situations and other events in our lives.
I have quite a small collection, which is reduced to the most necessary. Sometimes I think to myself: "Man the fragrance is good. Buy it." And then on my left shoulder is the mind and says: "No, you have something similar, you do not need". The discussion is quickly ended.
This problem has come up again through Orion.

I love Aventus. For me, the fragrance is a benchmark. And I like to test fragrances that have some intentional or unintentional closeness to that very fragrance.
Orion is often described here as a more adult, better Aventus.
This, of course, made me curious.

Indeed. A certain, distant resemblance he has, BUT mMn. the comparison lags, because the fragrance already takes a whole different path at the beginning. That may just be my opinion, but as such I feel the fragrance.

The beginning is quite characterized by a very fresh, pleasant prelude, which can also be perceived well into the base. The concentration is here not only on the pineapple, but on a quite very successful fruit mixture. I smell especially currant and apple out. Pineapple I perceive rather in the background, restrained. That may already be the first big difference for me. Because with Aventus, the original or origin (if you can call it that) the expression is different. The pineapple is the only dominant factor there at the beginning.

Gliding further, so I notice another difference: the smoky part, which actually makes Aventus only to what he is ultimately, is completely missing here.
The fragrance remains completely true to its fresh line. It becomes woodier yes, but the smoky component is missing. Aventus may also differ there (the eternal batch discussion), but Orion pursues here a completely different objective.
It's the birch that gets through my nose. Gently accompanied by a touch of jasmine and patchouli. All very balanced, no real main player that takes the place of the other notes. Harmoniously, they play to their strengths. In fact, I find the fragrance to be a bit more accomplished than Aventus at this stage. It is more complex, more balanced and more fancy because of the different components.

In the base, it remains fresh. But this is somewhat diminished by the quite woody orientation. Find I perse well andgelungen. This makes him more portable in colder days and gives him a longer shelf life.
It is cedar and musk perceive here, but am honestly not quite sure.
The durability was surprisingly good and also the sillage was better than expected.

Going back to the starting point, I question whether Orion has any necessity for me. Since I have Aventus and l'aventure, which I really like because of its citrusy interpretation, the question is: is Orion now so different that I need it.
The heart says: hit it. Great scent! And here it comes; even the mind judges that this fragrance is a potential candidate for the collection. By a completely different development, basic direction and conception, I see here a completely own fragrance, with a minimal reference to the forefather.
I find Orion even more suitable for everyday use. Aventus is for me only for the evening., Orion unrestricted usable.

Final I can say: even if the heart has won only because the mind has agreed, I'm glad when Orion moves in with me!

That was my last comment for this modest year. For those who have made it this far, may I wish you happy holidays/festive season. Let yourselves well given, celebrate properly in the circle of your family and come well into the new year. And above all: stay healthy!
See you in 2021! :)
Your jas0N
Gdog
Aventus in adult (and in interesting)
The fragrance is already strongly reminiscent of Aventus, especially in the opening, but definitely has its own justification. The top notes fade faster compared to Aventus and it remains the great core, which also thrilled me with Aventus. Green, woody, mossy; just interesting and unusual. However, the scent is less fresh and therefore not as youthful as Aventus (but I like to wear it even at 24). But the extraordinary is clearly more in focus and lifts the fragrance for me on a higher level than its known relative. If you want to smell extraordinary and interesting and you already liked the way Aventus smells, you should definitely try Orion. If you don't know Aventus but like said green, woody and mossy notes, you should try it even more.
A potent constellation
This is my first comment here in the forum. I notice that there are many fine noses here that can analyze the scent to the last. I spare you such an analysis, because I don't smell all 20 scents in one perfume and I leave it to the professionals. I evaluate my fragrances according to the following pattern, because I often miss this in the descriptions of a fragrance:

How long in possession: Since May 2020
Compliments: Women respond immediately to the scent and come closer because they can't place it. I even had several compliments from men who wanted to know what kind of scent it is.
Season: rather autumn and winter, because otherwise the scent is a sledgehammer.
Age of the wearer: 35+
Place of use: With 2 sprays suitable for the office, with 3 to max. 4 sprays for a restaurant, a business event etc. Not suitable for clubbing, cinema or for leisure time
Outfit: Business or business casual. No T-shirt scent. The scent is too grown up for that.
Purchase reason: The description of a YouTube
Will be bought again: Yes
Blind purchase: Yes
Comment: A comparison with Aventus is superfluous and unnecessary. The perfume is something independent for me. There are many reactions to the fragrance because almost nobody can classify it. The belief that all men and women know Aventus and therefore appeal to me is just a belief and not a fact. The fragrance is not cheap, but I find it very potent and you don't need 5-10 spray bursts and therefore it lasts long.

Orion Aventus killer ?
This fragrance has similarities to the famous Aventus. But it’s not a clone at all, the scent has its own personality and is a pure piece of art. The birch is the most prominent note here which makes the fragrance more smoky/woody. It also has a thyme note which is not very commonly used in fragrances and sets it completely apart from Aventus.The performance is far better than Aventus and lasts forever on my skin. This is definitely one of the best fragrances i came across in the past year. If you are sick on Aventus and you want a similar vibe. Go for Orion !

GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
just testing out of a decant and wow, this is great! Resembles Aventus but certainly not a clone, it's a bit more unisex if you ask me
MedBrik43MedBrik43 2 years ago
A smoky Aventus with a better performance. The old king is dead!
AkuninAkunin 4 years ago
True reminds on King alot, but still great performance and all in all great scent for all year round.

Orion
by Atanarjuat
by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
tiziana terenzi - orion : diese kreation paolo terenzis ist mein “soldier of love”. MASTERPIECE!
by Felsn
tiziana terenzi - orion: mare al monte conero
by Felsn
by Feuerfuchs
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Tiziana Terenzi

Chimaera by Tiziana Terenzi Rosso Pompei by Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopea by Tiziana Terenzi Delox by Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi Orza by Tiziana Terenzi Tyl by Tiziana Terenzi Hale Bopp by Tiziana Terenzi Spirito Fiorentino by Tiziana Terenzi Burdèl by Tiziana Terenzi Eclix by Tiziana Terenzi Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi Dionisio by Tiziana Terenzi Kirkè by Tiziana Terenzi Adhil by Tiziana Terenzi Afrodite by Tiziana Terenzi Borea by Tiziana Terenzi Gumìn by Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi Telea by Tiziana Terenzi