Florence (2006) Eau de Parfum

Florence (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca

Florence (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Tocca for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Ellen Molner

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Pear
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Iris, Jasmine, Tuberose, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, White musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 07.03.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 4.0/10

Sweetened and Unapologetic Gardenia
While sitting in the library this afternoon a woman next to me kept coughing. I started to wonder whether my perfume, Tocca FLORENCE, might have been bothering her. I say this because, to be honest, it was starting to bother me. This is, first off, a very strong gardenia composition. Strong is generally good, of course, because it means that you just need to divide your application volume in half the next time you wear it.

Gardenia is often loud, sharp, and dry. In this case, however, a fairly strong pear component has rendered the gardenia rather sweet. I feel that without the pear, this probably would be a sharp gardenia, but the sharpness has been smoothed out with sweetness. Lurking underneath seems to hide the kind of gardenia which can make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I'm talking about the sort of sharp floral edge which I've found in perfumes such as Carthusia FIORI DI CAPRI, Caron FLEUR DE ROCAILLE (1993), Creed FANTASIA DE FLEURS and, I hesitate to bring this one up, but it's a great example of what I'm talking about: mean green Grès CABOTINE. I should probably add Chanel GARDENIA to the list as well. I am not entirely incapable of wearing such perfumes, but I must be in the right mood and be feeling fairly robust.

I recall testing The Body Shop's GARDENIA a while back, and HRH Emperor Oliver ran away when he detected the scent. Seriously. No, FLORENCE is not like that, thankfully. FLORENCE is not really like the sharp gardenias--but I think that this may be only because the gardenia note has been somewhat camouflaged. This composition is not creamy and inviting like MARC JACOBS or KAI. I have a 15 ml bottle of this FLORENCE, which came in a coffret, and I won't be buying the larger size.

---------------

November 2013 update: I somehow made the same mistake again, having donned Florence to the library and found myself wondering "Why?" I have lowered my evaluation because after a few hours of wear I was pining for bath. It's just too sweet from the pear and ends up being a cloying gardenia.
10.0 5.0 7.0/10

Lorilavira
Old Paris...a classical floral green scent...
A Parisian beauty and sophisticate, Florence conjures memories of old-world Paris. "Tocca"

I really like the description of this scent
because it applies perfect to "Florence".
I was surprised that it smells different
to the solid perfume which i have and like a lot but this scent is also really nice.
Florence is a really old fashioned floral green scent,
it last a long time but it's not heavy.
I smell a lot of white flowers and green notes in this scent.
The beginning is fresh and floral the woody notes are in the background it's a good perfume for spring an summertime and fits better to mature Ladies.

by Lorilavira
by Lorilavira

Popular Tocca

Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Florence (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Violette by Tocca Cleopatra (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Graciella by Tocca Giulietta (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Colette (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Brigitte (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Liliana by Tocca Margaux by Tocca Simone by Tocca Touch by Tocca Aqua Profumata Salina by Tocca Emelia by Tocca Aqua Profumata Catania by Tocca Gia by Tocca Eau de Touch by Tocca Aqua Profumata Amalfi by Tocca Giulietta (Profumo Solido) by Tocca