Florence 2006 Eau de Parfum

Florence (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca
Florence (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Tocca for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot Grapefruit leafGrapefruit leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia VioletViolet Blue irisBlue iris
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk Blond woodsBlond woods

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 14.01.2021.

Florence and gardenias
Quite sure it’s difficult to create an amazing gardenia scent. Don’t let the name Florence full you- this is a straight up gardenia perfume. The main and only prominent note I get here is gardenia. Now, I happen to love this gorgeous tropical white beauty and adore its scent. However, it can be hard to pull off because it can be a bit over the top. In the same way, as a rose composition can be challenging in a perfume. All in all, it’s a very decent perfume. As I mentioned earlier, I mainly detect straight gardenia blossom. It’s a beautiful and modern take on it. I have never been to Florence unfortunately, not sure perhaps gardenias are blooming right among the cobblestone streets in the charming ceramic containers. Other than that, that’s the only reference to Florence my mind could conjure. Perhaps some pretty curly haired girls with gardenias dressed in colorful outfits are being serenaded. Again, I am only trying to imagine why Florence? Why gardenias? Or is it a girl named Florence? Gardenias of course are just as romantic and magical as a flower could be, so why not? The bottle is a typical Tocca perfume one. Charming, but the same for all the other perfumes they create. If you love gardenia, you would like this perfume most likely. Although to my taste, it lacked complexity. The rest of the notes in the description sounded so lovely. Maybe I just wasn’t able to pick them up.

Sweetened and Unapologetic Gardenia
While sitting in the library this afternoon a woman next to me kept coughing. I started to wonder whether my perfume, Tocca FLORENCE, might have been bothering her. I say this because, to be honest, it was starting to bother me. This is, first off, a very strong gardenia composition. Strong is generally good, of course, because it means that you just need to divide your application volume in half the next time you wear it.

Gardenia is often loud, sharp, and dry. In this case, however, a fairly strong pear component has rendered the gardenia rather sweet. I feel that without the pear, this probably would be a sharp gardenia, but the sharpness has been smoothed out with sweetness. Lurking underneath seems to hide the kind of gardenia which can make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I'm talking about the sort of sharp floral edge which I've found in perfumes such as Carthusia FIORI DI CAPRI, Caron FLEUR DE ROCAILLE (1993), Creed FANTASIA DE FLEURS and, I hesitate to bring this one up, but it's a great example of what I'm talking about: mean green Grès CABOTINE. I should probably add Chanel GARDENIA to the list as well. I am not entirely incapable of wearing such perfumes, but I must be in the right mood and be feeling fairly robust.

I recall testing The Body Shop's GARDENIA a while back, and HRH Emperor Oliver ran away when he detected the scent. Seriously. No, FLORENCE is not like that, thankfully. FLORENCE is not really like the sharp gardenias--but I think that this may be only because the gardenia note has been somewhat camouflaged. This composition is not creamy and inviting like MARC JACOBS or KAI. I have a 15 ml bottle of this FLORENCE, which came in a coffret, and I won't be buying the larger size.

---------------

November 2013 update: I somehow made the same mistake again, having donned Florence to the library and found myself wondering "Why?" I have lowered my evaluation because after a few hours of wear I was pining for bath. It's just too sweet from the pear and ends up being a cloying gardenia.

Lorilavira
Old Paris...a classical floral green scent...
A Parisian beauty and sophisticate, Florence conjures memories of old-world Paris. "Tocca"

I really like the description of this scent
because it applies perfect to "Florence".
I was surprised that it smells different
to the solid perfume which i have and like a lot but this scent is also really nice.
Florence is a really old fashioned floral green scent,
it last a long time but it's not heavy.
I smell a lot of white flowers and green notes in this scent.
The beginning is fresh and floral the woody notes are in the background it's a good perfume for spring an summertime and fits better to mature Ladies.

by Lorilavira
by Lorilavira

Popular by Tocca

Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Violette by Tocca Giulietta (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Cleopatra (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Graciella by Tocca Colette (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Gia by Tocca Margaux by Tocca Simone by Tocca Brigitte (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Liliana by Tocca Emelia by Tocca Aqua Profumata Catania by Tocca Giulietta (Hair Fragrance) by Tocca Aqua Profumata Salina by Tocca Touch by Tocca Giulietta (Profumo Solido) by Tocca Eau de Touch by Tocca Brigitte (Profumo Solido) by Tocca