Giulietta (2009) Eau de Parfum

Giulietta (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca

Giulietta (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Tocca for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

James Bell

Top Notes Top NotesBulgarian rose, Green apple, Pink tulip, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Heliotrope, Lily-of-the-valley, Iris, Vanilla orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 15.07.2019

8.0 2.5 2.5 4.5/10

Pretty but fleeting
Smells lovely when first sprayed, but the sillage and longevity are really hopeless. I have a 5 ml spray mini of this and I used up about half of it in one day. Needs to be reapplied every hour or so, at least on my skin. A pretty fruity-floral, but not worth it - there are many celeb cheapies that could outperform this.
10.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Natural-smelling Fruity Floral
Tocca GIULIETTA lists among its notes tulip, the scent of which is unfamiliar to me, but perhaps it has a watery quality along the lines of lotus or water lily? I wonder because this composition definitely feels fresh and watery to me, but without being too aquatic, fortunately. Usually I keep my distance from "green apple" notes, but it does not smell at all artificial here. All in all, I find that this offering from Tocca is pleasant and inoffensive and rather natural smelling compared to most fragrances of this type being launched today.

As always, the Tocca packaging is gorgeous and explains why I end up picking up at least minis of nearly everything produced by this house, though fruity-florals are not really my kind of thing. In truth, I must confess that most of the Tocca fragrances themselves would hold little interest for me aside from their beautiful presentation--although I hasten to add that if they were unwearable, then I probably would not hold on to the bottles. (I swapped both Guerlain INSOLENCE and Lanvin RUMEUR away, though I loved the bottles in which they came...)

Both the small Tocca bottles, which come in a coffret of three 15ml perfumes, and the larger 50ml bottles are the sorts of objects which I'd much rather leave out in plain view--and within palpable reach--than hide away in an armoire to prevent damage from light and heat to the juice inside. Perhaps since I don't really choose to wear these perfumes very often, I should simply leave the vessels out in the open as bookshelf curios anyway.

Giulietta is a perfectly respectable and wearable fruity-floral fragrance, ideal for public settings and not at all cloying or overly potent. For younger perfume wearers, I would definitely recommend this composition over most of the currently available mainstream designer fragrances in the fruity-floral category.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Crisp, green apple and fresh flowers
A sales person directed me towards Giulietta when I visited a perfume boutique in search of an apple-based fragrance for a friend.

Searching for an apple scent can be a nightmare or an exciting experience. The better the quality of the ingredients the more pleasing the apple scent often is.

Giulietta is mostly crisp, watery green apple with a delicate array of soapy and clean florals. This is a lovely fragrance for those particularly humid and unbearable days in the midst of Summer.

Smelling this fragrance is just like biting into an apple and sensing the misty juice droplets around your mouth. Giulietta is a fruity floral that relies on its subtlety to make its mark. It's nothing like the overpowering DKNY Be Delicious, the clean and sporty Ralph by Ralph Lauren or the candied Nina by Nina Ricci.

For some reason Giulietta reminds me of a clean bathroom. It is perhaps that clean smell that it tends to have which reminds me of apple-scented shampoo and floral soaps. It's pretty, but perhaps a little too crystal clear and crisp for my personal tastes.

The lasting strength is so-so, and the sillage can be rather weak at times. Giulietta comes and goes, barely noticeable in a large crowd.

Personally I prefer the other offerings from the Tocca range, however please note that I'm not a fruity floral fan. I gave a sample of this to my friend whom I had in mind and she loved it. So each to their own.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Tocca

Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Florence (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Violette by Tocca Cleopatra (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Graciella by Tocca Giulietta (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Colette (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Brigitte (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Liliana by Tocca Margaux by Tocca Simone by Tocca Touch by Tocca Aqua Profumata Salina by Tocca Emelia by Tocca Aqua Profumata Catania by Tocca Gia by Tocca Eau de Touch by Tocca Aqua Profumata Amalfi by Tocca Giulietta (Profumo Solido) by Tocca