Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca

Stella 2006 Eau de Parfum

Mlleghoul
06.09.2022 - 05:38 PM
Helpful Review

a nice gift for someone who doesn't care to know anything about perfume but who just wants to smell nice without thinking too much about it

Stella from Tocca is a fragrance that I have probably received about a million samples of over the years and which I have been strangely resistant to trying. I was convinced that it was going to be a really boring, conventional sort of scent, though I’m not really sure what I was basing that on. Probably because the majority of these samples came from Sephora, and on the interesting-o-meter, most perfumes from there score pretty low for me. Stella…is not necessarily bland or boring, but I will say it’s not my thing. It’s very pretty, in a starter-scent way. I don’t mean for young people, necessarily, but I don’t not mean them, either. Maybe just for someone who doesn’t yet know what they like. A sparkling fruity-floral with notes of milky peach Calpico and blood orange San Pellegrino and watery freesia that dries down to the scent of what I recall teenage girls spritzing in the bathroom between classes to freshen up, a sort of citrusy-powdery-soapiness. Before it reaches that point though, it’s got this soft, shimmering watercolor quality that reminds me of certain pieces of contemporary fantasy art: flowers and fairies and young maidens and probably a unicorn just outside the canvas, yet to be coaxed forth by an innocent and guileless hand.

Latest Reviews

MlleghoulMlleghoul 7 hours ago
Is Penhaligon’s Babylon meant to evoke Babylon, the den of iniquity and pinnacle of sin? Or perhaps that groovy Satanic prostitute, arrayed in purple and scarlet, decked with pearls and precious stones, with her golden...
MlleghoulMlleghoul 5 days ago
Destrier from House of Matriarch is perhaps the first leather scent I have ever not just tolerated but actually liked. It’s a kind of 360° immersive scent and absolutely immediate, with no lead-in or preamble. Imagine you are an overachieving...