Violette (2012)

Violette by Tocca

Violette is a perfume by Tocca for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

African violet, Benzoin, Bergamot, Ginger, Coriander, Musk, Rose, Blackcurrant, Cedar

Submitted by Beautycase, last update on 24.04.2019

10.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Blinded by the bottle and the name, I bought this juice scent unsniffed...
I love violets. I love thick-glass bottomed bottles, and Tocca's is one of the best. It annoys me that the capacity is only 50ml and it cannot be refilled, but I love it anyway. Naturally when I learned the name of the latest entry in the Tocca eau de parfum line-up, I couldn't resist ordering a bottle.

Unfortunately, after a few wearings I've come to the conclusion that this particular composition is closer to this house's Aqua Profumata colognes than to the rest of the eaux de parfums (some of which I like quite a lot). The problem with VIOLETTE, for me, is that there is an aquatic facet which shrouds and even compromises the presentation of the violets. I'm not saying that violets have to be soloists, as in the nineteenth-century creations Berdoues VIOLETTES DE TOULOUSE or Borsari VIOLETTA DI PARMA, or their cousins Molinard VIOLETTE and Christiane Celle CALYPSO VIOLETTE, but here I feel that the violets are overwhelmed by some sort of aqualia. In fact, in wafts this reminds me of the Marc Jacobs cocktail splash series. That's the quality and longevity I'm finding here.

What's wrong with this picture? Well, for starters, VIOLETTE does not come in a 10 ounce jug, but in this gorgeous thick-bottomed bottle with a measly 50 ml capacity. This is not a bottle appropriate to a cologne-strength juice. Nor is this a bottle appropriate to a fragrance which is just okay. This bottle should be reserved for high-quality, savor drop-by-drop perfume!

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing any more of this fragrance, but I'm pretty sure that I'll never be able to throw this bottle away. It's really too bad that we've no further need for paperweights... I'll add this one to my collection of "implement of self-defense to leave within arm's reach on the bedside table in the event of an uninvited nocturnal visitor" bottles. This one really is right up there with Van Cleef & Arpels ORIENS and SJP COVET.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Tocca

Stella (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Florence (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Violette by Tocca Cleopatra (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Graciella by Tocca Giulietta (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Colette (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Brigitte (Eau de Parfum) by Tocca Liliana by Tocca Margaux by Tocca Simone by Tocca Touch by Tocca Aqua Profumata Salina by Tocca Emelia by Tocca Aqua Profumata Catania by Tocca Gia by Tocca Eau de Touch by Tocca Aqua Profumata Amalfi by Tocca Giulietta (Profumo Solido) by Tocca