Dark - Arsenic No. 17 2011

Dark - Arsenic No. 17 by Tokyomilk
Dark - Arsenic No. 17 is a perfume by Tokyomilk for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is green-synthetic. It is being marketed by Burwell Industries. Pronunciation

Margot Elena

Absinth, Fennel, Green notes, Vanilla salt

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 27.01.2021.

Overpowering vanilla, but interesting -
I usually stay away from anything with vanilla. While I very much enjoy the flavor of it, I can't tolerate it in my perfumes. It just seems to completely take over to the point where I can't smell anything else. I knew this had a vanilla note, but many reviews mentioned 'green', 'bitter' 'salty' - and if any of them said overly sweet vanilla bomb, I missed it. So, I ordered it, it was delivered, and I sprayed. What hit me then was the biggest, sweetest vanilla bomb I'd ever encountered, and that was almost the end of the story of me and this fragrance. Almost, but not quite. I began to notice something hiding behind all that sweetness. A little bit of dry hay, and something vaguely herbal wove through that vanilla just enough to keep me wearing the perfume instead of scrubbing it off. It never developed enough for me to recognize exactly what it was - I never got the absinthe note, nor did I get anything that I would call green, but I will wear this again because of it. It's never going to be a favorite, but it's just interesting enough to try again. Crushed remains my favorite from the Tokyo Milk Dark collection. I have 3 bottles of the perfume and 2 tubes of the hand cream just in case it should be discontinued!

absinthe
I’ve been trying a few of the Tokyo Milk Dark collection, and while they’re deft and smell nice, I can’t shake the feeling that they lack dimension. Arsenic captures this impression. It is an interesting and successful culmination of disparate notes that really does mimic the medicinal/poisonous scent of absinthe, one of its listed notes. It moves from an effervescent top notes that suggests aldehydes, to a grainy, woody heart dusted with powdered cardamom.

Although it shows evolution over a wearing, Arsenic feels two-dimensional from top to base. It suggests that it’s built for a generally nonperfume-wearing Anthropologie customer who finds in it a scent that doesn’t smell like her notion of “perfume” and likes it. If introducing fragrance to someone who doesn’t otherwise wear it smells this good, I’m all for it.

Die Parfumjagd ;)
by Smitty
by K1
by K1

Popular Tokyomilk

Dark - Bulletproof No. 45 by Tokyomilk Dark - Tainted Love No. 62 by Tokyomilk Dark - Excess No. 28 by Tokyomilk Dark - Crushed No. 32 by Tokyomilk Dark - Bittersweet No. 83 by Tokyomilk Dark - Everything & Nothing No. 10 by Tokyomilk Dark - La Vie La Mort No. 90 by Tokyomilk Chance No. 18 by Tokyomilk Dark - Novacaine No. 85 by Tokyomilk Dead Sexy No. 6 by Tokyomilk Let Them Eat Cake No. 11 by Tokyomilk Neptune & The Mermaid - Song of the Siren No. 49 by Tokyomilk Honey & The Moon No. 10 (Eau de Parfum) by Tokyomilk Age of Aquarius No. 21 by Tokyomilk Light - Awaken Within by Tokyomilk Dark - Pretty Rotten No. 33 by Tokyomilk Sugar Sugar No. 52 (Parfum) by Tokyomilk Le Petit No. 2 by Tokyomilk Waltz No. 14 by Tokyomilk Wisdom No. 26 by Tokyomilk