Omeyocan (2018)

Omeyocan by Tolteca
8.0 / 10     1 RatingRatingsRatings
Omeyocan is a new perfume by Tolteca for men and was released in 2018. The scent is chypre-fresh.

Top Notes Top NotesCitruses, Violet leaf, Basil, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesSichuan pepper, Lavender, Red thyme
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Hay, Labdanum

Submitted by Calista, last update on 13.10.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Duality
In addition to my niche excursions, I also like to test the part of the fragrance world that goes in the direction of natural fragrances. The almost exclusive use of natural ingredients is not only exciting, but also a possibility of olfactory reset for me. Most fragrances today are characterized by exuberant density or synthetics. It's easy to lose the origin. The question of "how does it smell" can hardly be answered conclusively from today's mainstream or niche perfumery. In addition, many - especially natural - ingredients have now been banned. Or for ethical reasons hardly be used anymore. The Tolteca brand is committed to precisely these ethical reasons - not harming any animal for a fragrance. And makes his perfumes pure vegan.

The current collection comprises 6 fragrances, each representing the three elements air, earth and fire. In each of these elements there is a fragrance for the woman and the man.

Omeyocan is the air-men fragrance and a classic chypre. The wonderful name Omeyocan from the original language Nahuatl goes back to the Aztec mythology and describes the highest of all skies and the seat of a "dual" deity. The two sexes united in themselves or simply a couple is/was. This approach of duality is very common in ancient cultures that were hardly monotheistic. All the more I was surprised that the women's fragrance of the air element is called Quetzalli, and not after the female deity in Omeyocan, Ōmeteōtl - the goddess of fertility and all being.

Omeyocan starts off wonderfully classic hesperidic and immediately surrounds me with an aura of bitter freshness and discreet woody green. I own a few men's vintage scents. Among them also the Dior - Eau de Cologne Fraiche. This classic start - with simultaneous unplayfulness - yes, almost clarity is beautiful. And especially at the thought that all this happened in the vegan sense, it touches all the more.

Lavender in particular makes Omeyocan even more of a classic cologne, but somehow without time or space. It doesn't look dusty and in its presentation so to the point that I smile again and again when I take my nose off the back of my hand.

In the base and towards the drydown I particularly like the hay note, which brings in a natural aspect and promises everything a soft green.

From the concentration I would assess Omeyocan around an EdT of durability and projection. I do not only feel this to be very honest, but also very well dosed. You really wear this scent for yourself. One would probably have to bathe in it to achieve a room-filling projection. But, who wants that?

For me, Omeyocan is exactly the scent for a Saturday morning when the world wakes up. I have my coffee and I look out into nature. I can be glad that there is also a consciousness for them in perfumery.

Popular Tolteca

Ocelotl by Tolteca Tleyotl by Tolteca Omeyocan by Tolteca Calli by Tolteca Ollin by Tolteca Quetzalli by Tolteca