Black Orchid (2006)Eau de Parfum

Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2006. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

David Apel

Top Notes Top NotesBlack truffle, Bergamot, Blackcurrant, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack orchid, Lotus wood, Floral notes, Fruity notes
Base Notes Base NotesBalsam, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.12.2019.

7.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Divinity21
Well that just depends on who is wearing it...
Full disclosure I am a Tom Ford lover and he pretty much can do no wrong in my eyes (let's just pretend Dr. Pepper I mean Lost Cherry never happened.) People have mentioned that Black Orchid is androgynous or possibly even masculine. This may be true for some but I really think it depends on the amount of femininity the wearer is already embodying. I am boldly feminine so on me Black Orchid is perceived as very womanly and VERY surprising. People won't expect a lady to smell like she just made out with a newly released white collar crime convict while sitting in a cafe after eating a warm vanilla cupcake. But on me this is what Black Orchid smells like and I could love it for that alone.

Amoment
Femininity?! Halllooo where are you?!
I'd never guess that scent is a ladies scent... so it's absolutely nothing to me! Heavy! Strong! Stinging !. Maybe I'm going in the wrong direction, too?! And I also find it smells ..old but not this typical what you know but really funny..
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Comment No. 82
It's the last day of October. I just deleted my first comment on this fragrance.
Why?
It's been about a year since I wrote my first one here. To Black Orchid.
Still it is not my thing to deal with the individual components of a fragrance, therefore different.
My collection has been drastically reduced since then, you could say concentrated on the essential.
They are almost exclusively vintage bottles. Black Orchid is one of the exceptions. It wasn't me who found him, it was me.
All other comments describe him very well.
He's a second skin to me. Just a sprayer on my wrist in the morning.
Enough for the whole day.
He seems to say: You don't need any other gods beside me.
There's nothing that could hold a candle to him.
I rarely wear it so I won't get used to it.
Habit doesn't suit him.
A diamond, a fur, a pearl.
Not for every day.
He takes me out, not me him.
It makes me feel like a goddess I'm not.
All my vintage scents are a part of me.
He's me.

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Dedication
A man is only as strong as the woman at his side. It's written that way somewhere and it's true. You're strong, you always have my back and you're always there for me. If I doubt, you are positive, if I resign, you see the light at the end of the tunnel and put your head on my shoulder.
Together we have already mastered many things and for that I am very grateful to you.

A strong woman does not necessarily need a strong fragrance to wear and accentuate her. You're not. No this scent does not carry you, but you carry it.

What many seem not to be able to do, you succeed excellently here. Together with the scent, to form a symbiosis that makes you irresistible.
No superficial wishy-washy, no fake, no pretending, no depressive floret sex and certainly no put on niceness.

Dark, wicked, sinful, passionately dirty and strong in character and above all not boring, he arrives at me through you alone. All this you have to be a little bit far, too, I think, so that this scent comes to the fore and I mean that throughout positive.

If this fragrance is hell for some, I like to blaze in the flames and burn on your skin.

Not every woman would look good on it, but you would. Because you're the right one, because you're strong, passionate and desirable. Attributes that underline this fragrance and therefore it fits so well together.

Whoever is always looking for love, kindness and brav will have no fun here. Only he who can live out desire will have his bright joy. This fragrance is made for you.

Some valued and less valued users don't like him, but I don't care. Cause I know what I want and that's what you are with your black orchid. A scent gradient? In a word...you!

In other words, a fireworks display for the senses, the preparation for sin and subsequent confession that one has given oneself to.

For me this fragrance will always belong to you, because you are great, enchanting and wonderful, just like the fragrance. I know I should tell you this a lot more often, but now it says it here in big letters.
If you are not ready for this fragrance and if you are not made for it, then that is regrettable, but we are lucky that this worked out with us immediately.

I wish us many more opportunities and stories that we both experience together and look forward to the hours when this fragrance will accompany us. Because even though I like a lot of scents on you, this one will always remain something special. Just like you.

I know at the end I am only a man who admits his weakness for you and who wonders why he has never written a dedication to this fragrance before, because even if it should not interest anyone, this fragrance may not be missing in my comment repertoire.

I'm sorry to hear that.
10.0 10.0 9.0 9.5/10

Shock. Anaesthesia. Abundance. Irritant overload. Flower balm bomb. Fascination
Have you ever read ALL the statements about Black Orchid?
I find it incredibly amusing how much opinions are drifting apart.

And also my own Black Orchid story couldn't be more contradictory:

It was the middle of 2017, I was just really fat pregnant and accordingly my whole smell feeling was totally confused.

I used to like oriental scents. The heavier-sweet, the better. Sexy it should be. Quietly also sometimes offensive and conspicuous.
During my pregnancy I lost this preference. I got a headache from everything I used to love. Be it Addict by Dior, some Montale fragrances, Chanel's Allure or Boudoir by Vivienne westwood.
This frustrated me quite a bit as I felt at home in the heavier fragrances.

But it didn't help, fresh material had to be brought in.

When ordering the anti headache fragrance a sample of Black Orchid was included. Just by the name, I thought to myself: "Boyfriend, this is how pregnant it won't be with us". And I was right about that. I couldn't stand Black Orchid (on me) at that time, I found him really disgusting, slaying, oppressive,...I couldn't get anything positive out of him. Except I found him dark. Kind of abysmal. Not deep, but deep. Pointing to the abysses of the human psyche. Come to the dark side, we have cookies. Or something like that.
You know, in pregnancy everything is pink and glittering farting unicorns strut across the rainbow with swelling breasts. You don't want to know anything about abysses. ;-P

And now?

My little one will soon be 2, so the pregnancy was a while ago. ;-)
I'm starting to feel like a woman again. Not just as a mama, but as a woman. I dress as I used to, mostly in black.
And so slowly, very slowly, also my love comes back to the heavier, conspicuous and sweet smells. Which kind of makes me happy.

So I thought I'd take a closer look at the Black Orchid. I hadn't forgotten him.
So: ordered almost blind.
And: not regretted.

First sniff: shock. Anaesthesia. Abundance. Irritant overload. Flower balm bomb.
And then: Fascination. I can't stop smelling my wrist. Try to understand what's happening. I don't quite succeed.

I don't even want to swagger over the individual notes, that's already been done quite enough.

But I like to describe to you how he affects me:

Complex:
that, in my opinion, is one of the characteristics of a high-quality fragrance. Expression of olfactory art. The composition of these layers and the effect of what dominates etc. is a matter of taste. I'm sure it is.
Black Orchid has everything, he's cute, he's extremely noticeable, he's heavy and absolutely extraordinary. Reading the pyramid alone speaks volumes. There's so much going on, so hard to put into words!

Psychedelic:
he definitely has something that way. If I catch too much of it and drive a car with the window closed, it will be quite different for me :-D somehow interesting!

Female:
even though Black Orchid is anything but a crowd pleaser, I find him very feminine in his way, almost lasciviously playing with his charms. Look, here I am. It's my way or the highway. If you don't like it, you can go snooping somewhere else. And so on.

Not for everybody: no, you can definitely NOT wear it always and everywhere. If one were not, one would be out of place and not worthy of it. It is also not wearable for me in every mood.
He demands a certain maturity. At 18 I would never have worn it, it would have been too conspicuous and too grown-up for me. Even though it doesn't smell old-fashioned. It's just a statement that you have to be able to deal with and that has to suit you. If you don't, you'll lose your credibility.

By the way:
Black Orchid is the fragrance my husband has been saying for a long time: "Oh, you smell good."
Not that I would stink otherwise - but usually my husband is far away from the perfume world.
I found that exciting. So you obviously don't have to be olfactorically highly trained to like Black Orchid.

With its exceptional durability and sillage, it leaves nothing to be desired of a perfume.

Black Orchid is definitely my fragrance for certain hours!
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

A poisoned bonbon
With Black Orchid it has happened to me just like with Tuscan Leather, which I knew before perfumes inspired by them than the original, and when I have known the original, it has not impacted me enough, because I already knew the aroma, but, even so, this Black Orchid is a poisoned, narcotic and intoxicating bonbon, a jewel of today's perfumery. I love this type of perfume, because few, today, can boast originality, longevity and wake, like this one.

From being conceived as a feminine perfume, it is undeniable the use of this perfume by the masculine gender, going from feminine to unisex by word of mouth, easily bearable by a man without complexes. A dark, earthy, fruity, warm and enveloping aroma, which does not leave indifferent, difficult to describe, due to its complex structure and how well executed it is, but of great quality. A lustful pleasure for the senses of chocolate, truffle, vanilla and patchouli.

I have two perfumes similar to him, but in this case, neither of them has, neither the power and intensity, nor the quality of ingredients, they can supply the aroma if you like, but they will not supply the pleasure of carrying such a work.

The duration and wake of this perfume is superb, nothing to object in this regard, performance that should be the standard for the coming perfumes. Night fragrance and for cool or temperate climates.

Perfume that should be tested at least once in a lifetime, and if you like it, get it, because it is wonderful.
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Damage
is the title of a drama by Louis Malle from 1992.

The wonderful Juliette Binoche and the grandiose Jeremy Irons play the leading roles in this piece of film history of a special kind.
Dr. Fleming is a politician. Great house, great job, great wife, two great kids.
Then he meets Anna and it abruptly by, with the previously so sure believed, decent life.

The two begin an affair that knows no boundaries, consumes them, devours them.

The fatal thing is, Anna is his son's girlfriend.

An affair like this never ends well, you know it and yet you want to be sucked into the vortex that pulls you deep with all your might.

So Black Orchid is for me.

Like the desire to have and feel something, regardless of the consequences.

Just live, just give in, leave the fear behind, the lust, the greed give their place..
It's about passion, pain, possession, about all the unspoken, the secretly missing, about physicality, closeness and distance.

Fast sex in a Parisian backyard, perhaps with your face pressed against a cold wall is better than anything you could imagine at that moment.

Anna wants to be owned and Dr. Fleming wants to own her.
Not just a little.
But all of the time.
Now, not later, not in a clean, airy bed, no here! In a stuffy gate entrance, at 7:
in the morning
Not just feeling, but sucking up the elixir of the other, possessing his soul.

Dr. Fleming can't resist, won't resist.

The drama comes to a dark end and his wife only says to him at the end. "Why didn't you just kill yourself?"

Yeah, why didn't he?
Because we're human. Evil and good, cold and soft, old and young, beautiful and ugly.

And because sometimes we have to lose control to live life again.

Black Orchid's pushing me off a little bit at first sniff.
What? This is supposed to be great Tom Ford? I smell old church, muff, basement with dried flowers and inevitably twitch a bit back.

I'm already thinking about activating the emergency shower, but then...yes, then I suddenly have a different suspicion.
It is still powerful, but also tender and comfortable, as if it wants to protect me and at the same time brings me into a strange, dark world.

I feel almost intoxicated at some point, powerless.

That's not really your direction, I think.
And maybe that's why I'm so attracted to him.
He brings out the dark, the hidden. I carry it inside me.

Do I want to follow the vortex that inevitably pulls you down? Forgive my soul? Powerless?

I don't know,

I haven't brought Black Orchid into my house yet. But you never know....
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Rude Boy
"Rude Boy" by Rihanna comes to mind spontaneously when I smell this scent.
"Give it to me baby like boom boom boom"
This fragrance is loud, dangerous, dark, mysterious and conspicuous. He's yelling, "Hi, I'm here!" In the beginning it smells fruity and berry, then it becomes spicy, dark and smoky. Dark floral notes can be spotted, I also mean to smell the black truffle. Balsam, patchouli and incense make the fragrance dark, smoky and earthy. As if black orchids were growing from fresh black flowers, black currants are joining them. This fragrance is a vamp in little black with red lipstick, feather boa and high heels. Dangerous and sexy at the same time. She goes hunting for men at night and after she has seduced them, she sucks their blood out. Nightly-black-toxic-narcotising.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Emorandeira
The first perfume i really love
I think i can day that i began to LOVE the perfumes when i discivered this piece of art by Tom Ford. I must day that nowadays i find this perfume a bit boring (too much time using It) but i LOVE It and i think many oeople relationate this fragance directly with me as i have used a long time as signature scent. It was the first 'non mass' perfume o have bought. I discovered It before It became famous here un Spain because one ex of mine had brought a bottle from London after a time living there. I began to use It and i began to search It here... Until i finally could buy one bottle (with niche prive ay this time i could say, now It is possible to find It almost everywhere and with a much better prive). It is true that the smell have changed a bit. Is the same scent but the first bottle i owned was smoother, deeper and longer lastibg. Now is a bit softer and i think even a little bit less floral, trying to fit better the general taste today. Even so It is still a great perfume and one of my favourite a, totally unisex, a floral bomb with a gourmand and sweet touch of chocolate and black triffle and a woody-vanilla backgeoud. Great to go to eventos during the evebings like dinners or drinks with Friends.
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

AlexanderBe
From emetic to signature scent - I love you, you black orchid.
I guess it was the scent that catapulted my penchant for perfume to another level. And this of all places... Black Orchid? The Odeur, who divides the minds and provides both discomfort and well-being, is now my signature fragrance?

I can absolutely understand the separation into two camps. Much earlier than with scents, like Alien from Mugler (,which in contrast to the black orchid smells really pleasing and mass compatible). Denn also in the love between Black Orchid and me, some stones were put in the way - of all things from my own nose!
For the first time I smelled the fragrance after a very detailed consultation with Douglas, in which I was told that this fragrance is very heavy and absolutely popular with Arab women, who like to drag their fragrances behind them. Regardless of the ethnic categorization, the fragrance fell absolutely into my baggage scheme from its description alone - so I love oriental, heavy and deep black fragrances. Before I went relatively carelessly past the Tom Ford shelf and associated it (without ever having smelled a perfume of it) with grandma or old man So before I knew it, the scent landed on my left wrist and was immediately reviewed: "It's popular? He smells funny." From today's point of view I would say that I simply didn't know or was used to certain scent chords or components. So if you can define yourself with this statement while reading it, you should give the scent even more chances. So am I!

On the same evening I smelled my wrist again and again and my opinion oscillated between: "Who wears something like this?" and "it's possible, but you probably don't spend money on it".
After that the fragrance was never really forgotten - but for God's sake not in a positive sense. Another time I use it on Rhodes in the Duty Free Shop - again: "Nope, somehow it's not".

But then the course of events began! I searched the internet for heavy scents and met 'Black Orchid' - "you already smelled him, but give him another chance - maybe something has changed". Trusted in my intuition, I stomped into the Douglas almost 2 years later and smelled it again. And lo and behold: "still funny, but somehow crazy such a fragrance". As already mentioned - he never left me alone.
Then I discovered the page éclat (oh God yes, I once ordered perfume twins - I wouldn't do that today) and bought the fragrance, which is supposed to resemble Black Orchid. I hardly received it - the big surprise and the related case in several stages: "Holy Bimbam, that smells exactly like the original" -> "Still doesn't like it - but send it back, I don't know" -> The last stage slowly but surely crept into my stomach area as I smelled the scent again and again. What I smiled at so tiredly when I read that some people get sick of certain scents suddenly applied to me. I suddenly felt sick and had to really suppress the thrill of vomiting. Then it was done - I gave him up!
One week after this event I entered the Harrods on a short trip to London. I was hardly in the entrance hall and heard a scent that I really liked and I knew immediately: "Ey, this is Black Orchid". Hardly through the second door in the hallway: the Tom Ford Counter. All right, all right!
When I was at home, I had to test if I still felt sick from the scent. And lo and behold, I was in shock, wore the scent and immediately bought the original. Since then I have been connected to this fragrance by a great love, which has expanded my horizon of fragrances by a lot. Suddenly I can have many perfumes that I found cruel some time ago. In this respect: "Thank you Mr. Ford for this expansion of my senses".

Now to the fragrance, whose description I will keep here relatively short, because the complexity behind the water to crumble, is incredibly difficult for me.
Black Orchid has a deep black soul when spraying on, which it does not lose in the entire course of the fragrance. It's literally a black, flowery, smoky wall to face.
I hardly notice any individual scent components in the perfume - it is a great blended scent that is a masterpiece as an overall composition. It definitely has something flowery, which may be due to ylang-ylang and the black orchid. The deeply dark brew, however, receives a sultry note that is unparalleled. For this the incense probably takes over the responsibility, which is all the time well perceptible and a friend of mine, when entering the room, let the comment escape: "Has someone turned on incense candles here?
Patchouli, as one finds it in the angel of Mugler, one searches in vain here. But he will add the rest to this dirty, earthy and slightly musty note. It smells aphrodisiac and literally envelops you in a tank, which, not least because of its balm, looks as if you are in a black mass and scream Hail Satan.

Surprisingly, I can concur with the comment of another Parfumo member: The scent (scent actually sounds too sweet: rather brewed) gives you protection when you need it, you feel even more self-confident with it than you already are and gives you a certain snootiness that many people probably hate about this scent. For he is very space-consuming and covers everything that gets in his way.

The Sillage and durability are not of this world. Even applied to the wrist, you can perceive the scent everywhere and don't have to press your nose against your wrist to smell anything. If you perfume yourself in a room, you can perceive the scent for minutes in the same room.
It is one of the few perfumes that I perceive very intensively in myself and that with its powerful and opulent power paves its way into my nose - whether you like it or not
To cut a long story short: I love you, you wonderful black orchid!
8.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

DerDefcon
The trainee's first month at work
In September of this year it was six years ago that I started my combined education and training. Maybe one or the other will find my train of thought, which came to my mind about this extraordinary smell, crazy or even crazy, but I just can't help it, I have to put it digitally on paper.

Let's start all over again. On 01.09.2013 I started my combined education and training. Each one of you, including myself, will remember his first working day, which on these following days and weeks, was a time with many impressions - at least a little bit. I got to know all my colleagues. I was welcomed warmly and friendly. The first days weren't without it. The retail trade - especially in the furniture industry - demands a lot. At the time I began, however, not all the colloquia were present. A colleague had a two-week vacation. I was curious to see who else would come. The other colleagues grinned at me with a mischievous grin, slightly naïve, still somewhat childish 18-year-old, who passed his Abitur only a few months ago, and said: "You'll get to know her soon", Was that now good or bad?

The fourteen days of vacation were over and the colleague entered the lounge a few minutes after I arrived at the branch. She was small, but radiated an incredible self-confidence. Her clothing style was casual, offensive, but despite her age of almost fifty years, exactly tailored to her. A pair of jeans with one or two holes, a black leather jacket, a watch with a bright red dial, skull earrings and a casual short hairstyle. My first impression: An experienced, offensive and above all self-confident woman whose looks pierced you. As already announced to me, it was the trump card when you no longer knew how to proceed with difficult customers. Her aura ate through the whole room and before I could adapt to the situation, there was a proper rebuke about my work clothes right at the beginning, which was by no means screaming, but loud, self-confident and determining. This determination with the self-confident, loud, but by no means hysterical voice was simply intimidating. But why am I being turned into a sow by a colleague who is running around with skulls in her ears, shrill watch jewellery or torn trousers? Quite simply: She can do it, she does it and she doesn't care what others think about her. She's above all things. When she enters the room and automatically attracts all eyes to herself, she is not uncomfortable at all, because now she knows that she can steer and influence situations and so she becomes a whole head taller
The first days with her were exhausting. She felt everywhere. If I ran double ways, because I forgot again to take garbage or other things automatically on the way to the camp and to make my ways as efficient as possible, she got this, stood already behind the next corner, behind the next door, behind the next carrier of goods, in order to explain to me again determiningly and above all clearly what went wrong. However, this always happens with style, always at the right moment, never in front of customers, and never abusive. Honestly ... i didn't want to work there anymore. I was just scared of that woman. As soon as she came near me, it just didn't work out. Money fell to me, I forgot some of my tasks, while assembling furniture I broke screws and as soon as she was near me, the customers demanded the most complicated things from me, so that she also noticed how I did not solve the situation on my own. I made three crosses in the calendar, when it went for two weeks, this time for me, into the vacation.

But two weeks were quickly over again. I was astonished when I realized that my fear colleague was not working that day. What a pleasure. But then, during the lunch break, the door to the lounge opened. I'm sure anyone who entered it could imagine. Sweat beads ran down my forehead, because the room was already soaked with an aura that I never missed. But unlike the rest, there were no reprimands, no improvements and no admonitions. A conversation developed that was very pleasant. As pleasant as it was, one could still feel her very offensive presence, the glances that pierced one decisively. This time, however, everything was on a tolerable level - available, but pleasantly dosed. I noticed that I was dealing with a very experienced woman who is not so bad at all, but who was washed with all water and never showed weakness. You could get many tips from her, confide in her, and even talk about very intimate things that a young adult would rather not like to talk to his parents about. Most of the time she even looked directly at you where your shoe pinches without you having to say it. She thematized it and simply decided what to talk about now. So it took a few weeks, if not a few months, to realize that the woman, so austere, offensive, surrounded by fear, could emanate an unbelievable intimacy that everyone liked to take care of - not only me, but also customers you saw for the first time who willingly revealed their secrets. I've come across a manipulative co-worker who will give the get-to-know-you phase between you and her a threatening atmosphere - if you meet her then - that is somehow everywhere and leaves no room for error because everyone will be spotted right away. It takes her a while to show you her sensual, charming, understanding, helpful side. She wins your symphathy, your trust, but she's always one step ahead of you. She's got you in her hand, even if she's nice and sweet to you. You don't think so? Well, every now and then, in addition to her warmth, there comes out in her what scared and respected me so much during our first encounter. But these moments of fear are no longer a permanent condition. They are short, but they don't lose their effect at all, but bring you back to the ground of facts as soon as you think you are on the same wavelength with her, because you don't - really.

In the end, I can only say - after all, we are a forum for perfume enthusiasts - that this colleague would never need Tom Ford's "Black Orchid" perfume. Why wouldn't she? It's very simple. She is the black orchid.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Pack with the devil...
So it's time for me to write a comment...
Sneaked around the scent for a long time...
Was for me nothing that would fit into my baggage scheme...I thought...
And now I can't without him...not just me...my environment too...
My affair with the black devil started quite hamlessly...a splash on the wrist in the Douglas...there he already grabbed me...like a drug...nose again and again on the wrist...
I waited with the comment...until I was sure what I could write about it...
At home: Can you put on the chocolaty scent today? It smells so pleasant...
Work: Today someone has a damn good perfume on it...
Environment: Who smells so good...so aphrodisiac...so pleasant..
Complements don't come often.
People don't dare to admit what they're thinking about with the scent .....
How do I feel? As a carrier : chocolaty, vanilla, a bit sweet, with slightly citric, green freshness...
The scent gives me personally the security, security but also provocative impudence..
This changes my perception of the world...makes me more self-confident, courageous, daredevil...
The black devil doesn't suit every woman...
When a woman gets involved with him, she is rewarded...but she must also be able to deal with consequences... many glances...many sniffing noses...constant presence!
It's not a wallflower scent... just "Here I am! Fragrance. Without compromise!
Expects from the wearer an appropriate wardrobe...

Shelf life is terrific... my skin smells 10+ hours! Clothes days!

Sillage: I feel the body close, smell only slightly, unobtrusively ...completely different environment....approx. 1.5 meter( tested after 4 hours...):-)
Preference: cooler seasons.
I believe that skin chemistry is extremely important for this devil! This, is the prerequisite for a successful relationship with each other! This also explains some negative perceptions and comments.
Black Orchid chooses his own carrier!

I, for my part, have fallen for the scent...
Tried to wear other scents in between... unsuccessful!
My beloved fragrances suddenly seemed so imperfect to me...

Help me lost...
Signed a pact with the devil...at least for the cool time !:-)
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Package leaflet
Dear user,

thank you very much for choosing our product. We would like to inform you about possible side effects with this leaflet. At the same time, we would like to point out that we have refrained from listing the ingredients, as the overall impression and the effect of the product are in the foreground:

"Black Orchid is a habit-forming antidepressant. In individual cases, this can lead to mild to moderate dependency. Immediately after application to suitable skin areas, a buttery, full-bodied aroma develops which reminds of overripe pineapple in its opulent fruitiness. Some of the related fruits are fermented and abandoned to decay. The indolent impression of the fluid is underlined by a flowery penetrance, which can increase the carnal desire for physical attention in some users. Inhalation of the emerging truffle note is strictly discouraged at this time. The hallocinogens it contains lead to hallucinations and impair the wearer's ability to make decisions.
Some patients even reported from lascivious confused mental states to chaotic passionate phases, triggered by a potentially too massive application of the extract. The fluid's will to conquer is owed to the baroque use of sensual and seductive components. When used moderately by the self-confident wearer, the remedy with its conquering charm can generate a velvety black aura. Comfortable emotional states up to extatic endorphin attacks are a side effect intended by the manufacturer and do not lead to a complaint. The product is suitable for both men and women and shows no preference for one sex.
The complexity of the product allows it to be used very sparingly. Performance and shelf life are set for an entire day, re-application is neither necessary nor advisable.

If you have any questions, please contact your local fragrance dealer.

The team of Tom Ford wishes you a lot of fun with "Black Orchid" and a speedy recovery.

Heavy
The scent was too strong for me. Wicked, feminine, mysterious, great expectation, dark. There's a lot of pictures going through your head. For fans of heavy fragrances there's a Montale extra: Golden Oud. That is not so flowery, but even harder, I found very interesting, maybe I'll get it as an evening fragrance.
7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Sophisticated lady
I tested for the first time this scent about 2 years ago at one of my favorite drugstores of my town.
I'm usually attracted by the black bottles with their aura of mystery and this time too I couldn't resist. So, i sprayed this potion on the mouillette and on my skin too: the result? surprising.
The opening is very particular, unusual and refined, with truffle notes and the fruity touch of the bittersweet blackcurrant. Then, Lady Black Orchid arrives: involving, vibrant, sophisticated, very feminin. In my mind resounded the Duke Ellington's jazz tune "Sophisticated lady" and i immediately imagined a femme fatale in total black leaving her hypnotic sillage. The base is longlasting and unforgettable: oriental with deep frankincense notes , irresistible. The sillage is quite strong without resulting too heavy , so this so sexy fragrance can be worn also in crowded places because it's noticeable but with discretion.
Useless to say that I fell immediately in love with this fragrance, although I know its very high price.
The black bottle is minimal but refined , in the style of the ones of other Tom Ford's fragrances such as White patchouli and velvet orchid. Ready to become a sophisticated lady ?
4.0 10.0 9.0/10

To you or to me?
Let's be honest:
If I hadn't planned to test myself bit by bit through the scents of Tom Ford....I wouldn't have "Black Orchid" even with the Ar... looked at.
I just find this bottle ugly as hell. A shapeless something, dressed in synthetic fibre pleats, with far too much gold jewellery.

But the scary bottle is not the worst thing about the black orchid.
Nah, the worst thing about the black orchid is .... drumroll... the orchid.
And then also in black!

Orchids are the plants that I hate the most here on earth....well, ok, the so-called titan root, which smells like carrion, I would probably hate even more...... and I will never understand that most people hardly know how to keep up with the ecstasy of their neighbour's orchid collection.

I see in orchids only the bare stems, the poisonous green, fleshy alibi leaves, the organ-like, like ill-looking flowers and the gakeligen roots, which wind like spider fingers in the pot A plant like an alien.
A disgusting swamp parasite.
A water corpse in plant form.
And then also in black.
So it's like a bog body.
I'd never get in my house.
I would never...

Yeah, well, I'll stop. I think it's arrived why the fragrance in this bottle with just this name was deeply unappealing to me.

But, nevertheless, resolution is resolution, so up on the paper strip with the pleated bog body.

Ääähäh, stop here!
I said unsympathetic bog body!
There was no mention of "fallen" here!
And certainly not from the fact that I want to find her attractive!

Anyway, half an hour later I was back in the perfumery and had the black swamp parasite sprayed on my arm.

He had me packed, with both gakeligen hands and did not let me go anymore.
He was beguiling, stunning, lulling, he flattered me, dusted me with sharpness in the wetness, sweetness, bitterness, wobbling haze of flowers, spices, left nothing more to my nose than his omnipresence, let me tremble with delight and snatched away all my reservations.

Incredibly sexy, a scent like a rush, in which I try to jump between the sheets with the one or the other who wears it, who reminds me of the moments when you are truly willless.

(FSK16)
A former affair once showed me that we were sitting in a bar somewhere in the back corner, watching the flirting around us, a man and a woman who, just getting to know each other, apparently found each other very attractive and said: "Watch them very closely!
In a man, you see the bump in his pants when he's turned on (yes, you could see it). A woman, on the other hand, starts to slide around on her chair and crosses her legs very firmly (she was constantly slipping with her legs firmly crossed).
I bet they're still in the same box today!"
He was right.
In the end, after a lot of fiddling and flirting, the two left the bar together.

Did they really go to him or to her together?
100&ig I don't know of course, but it should be hard for me to wonder if they actually broke away from each other.

Anyway, finally, what I actually wanted to say with it:
Black Orchid, the irresistible monster, lets me slide.

Damn.

Sally Bowles
Sally Bowles is a well-known figure, not only in the universe of musical lovers, although she only got a couple of pages in the Isherwood books about Berlin and, as a character, is barely outlined there. It took Liza Minelli to bring her to life.
And there she was, loud, edgy, romantic, complicated, adorable. A sister in mind of Holly Golightly.

And there is Black Orchid, another sister.
Imagine this perfume as a person:
Black Orchid gets into the room. Not like a lady, not like, let's say, the lovely mademoiselle Instant Magic, NO, the girl breaks through the door, screaming hello! offering strong berries and chocolate to everybody. "I just love it sweet Darling!"
The lady Atkinson is not delighted. "Of course she is American" she whispers to Lord Penhaligon.
Black Orchid is meanwhile, although so young and sweet, completely crowding the room, leaving not a single spot untouched by her presence. She is telling a story about her favourite flowers while still licking chocolate from her fingertips. She talks fast and colourful, colourful are her clothes as well, her dark deep laughter is seductive.
Some people have to leave the room: too much noise, too much sweet-talking and something seems odd around this girl. A bit cheap, a bit foul.
The rest of the crowd is in love. The charme of Black Orchid gets to them, turning them into enthusiastic party people as well, complimenting the wild girl.
Soon they notice: she is not pure joy. It's something dark and mysterious about her, something deep, you get only glimpses once in a while, when she is smoking for example, leaning against an old wooden drawer and her eyes turn black...But the party must go on! As fun and noisy and sweet and overloaden as possible!
She loves to get drunk, she loves to smell like whisky late at night
She use to stay out late and never seems to get tired.
In the morning hours she is still talking, a bit slower and softer meanwhile, the only once still accompanying her is a gang of other loved-hated girls like Habanita, Hypnotic Poison and Memoir....

Bottom line: This perfume is so strong, going out and wearing it is almost like going out with another person. Get ready to be complimented and your perfume maybe even becoming a topic at the party, people getting all excited about it.
Get ready for a night out with Sally Bowles!
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Scarletrose
You have enchanted me ....
So actually I'm not the big comment writer but whenever I have the feeling I'm in love, then I have the feeling I have to share it with you ^^...... already in love again ... so I seem to fall in love faster than I thought, it just has to be the perfect fragrance around the corner....

Tom Ford ... i didn't know him at all until a few months ago. Let me first mention this.

The Black Orchid I had seen but actually already times with Douglas stand, I do not know why but he did not address me directly, this black bottle and the Black in the name, I assumed that this smell must be quite heavy and so not mine at all, I smelled at the bottle (fatal mistake, I know so you can test of course no smell) and thought to me ..uii neee I do not like that. ( is exactly as I thought :-)... Woman again completely convincing ;-) )

Apparently someone meant it but well with me and my better half came by chance with a sample around the corner and said ... los Schatz that you have to test again. A little bit sceptical I looked at him... so the man ;-) and thought, well well, I don't want to be rude and such a Tom Ford smell ....I test the again.

So I sprayed 2-3 sprayers on my neck and suddenly it started ....... uiiiii, ahhhh, wow, boh .... I walked through the apartment and thought to myself that can be impossible the scent, I ran back to the sample to check again if it really is the Black Orchid ;-) .... Control is better ... yes it is " he " i think wow why does he smell so great, i was really thrilled from the first moment on, totally ... this is really a perfume !!!

I feel it is very intense but not at all heavy, as it is often described. It enchants from the very first moment with a sensual floral fragrance but soft floral aromas and these spicy notes. An exceptional fragrance that goes under the skin and feels very soft over time. With me there was really no moment where I perceived him as musty or as he is often described. Probably varies from skin to skin after all.

Oh my God, I think what a mad smell that is. Again and again he shows me, eh I am with you, I am there and yes I can not get enough of it. Give me more I think ;-) and I feel great, he also radiates such an enormous femininity. I have a feeling he's trying to seduce me. This fragrance intensity is unique.

I also have to say something about the durability, I tell you, he even survived my visit to the swimming pool. I was a bit sad and thought, well, he'll be gone soon, I even sniffed at myself before I jumped into the cool water ;-) addicted and so on ;-)) .... But even that the fragrance survived.
I was mega amazed when he was back on the way home, my heart jumped with joy when I smelled him again and this feeling was there again ...this woooooooow what a great fragrance.

I must have him in any case, in my wish list he has now moved to place 1. He follows me in my thoughts and the little pupa must now be well guarded. My better half, of course, I have already lain in my ears how much I like the smell, after all it is his fault ;-) .

Personally, I could imagine wearing this fragrance in the office, I really didn't find it too strict and also not intrusive. I have to test it when I have it and see if my environment feels disturbed but I can't imagine it myself. (I would be happy if I smelled myself ^^^)

It is really unique for me and absolutely recommendable ! Another big fat WOW, you enchanted me better Black Orchid
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Carlitos01
Dark gorgeous and poignant flower
This is a man's perfume or at most it is unisex.
It is too masculine to be considered a feminine scent only.
I like strong perfumes and I love this one in particular that originaly was designed for the gentle sex.
I use it and I love it. My wife agrees with me. It is a scent for the a men between his 30s and 50s.
Performance is quite above average.
Some notes like blackcurrant and truffle in the top, black orchid in the middle and the dark chocolate / patchouli / vetiver / frankincense in the bottom produce a magnificent orchestration that I can only qualify as melodious.
Its darkness is just really alluring and appealing. I noticed that more men than women like it.
This my preferred fragrance by Tom Ford.

Let's see if the math scoring is kind for this flower:
Scent Opening: 9.75 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.25 (my judgement)
Longevity: 9.0 (3 good sprays may last 9+ hours, close to 11~12 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet at its peak with just 3 sprays and 2 hours strong projection)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (it's not Tom Ford's fault to exist more than 20 "look alikes" of Black Orchid. Nevertheless some of them are really wearable and do present a nice turn on Black Orchid; Example: Royal Gold by Charriol and Collection Extraordinaire - Precious Oud by Van Cleef & Arpels)
Wearability: 7.5 (avoid any type hot weather)
Versatility: 7.5 (Just avoid any type of sweting situation like work out, beach and be carefull because this fragrance has a lot of haters for being so poignant)
Compliments: 8.5 (This fragrance it's not a universal pleaser, but will work as compliment magnet for the black fragrances lovers)
Quality: 9.5 (Well above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 9.0 (no faults, simple but very elegant)
Price: 5.0 (10 ml non tester with the €100 pricetag at major net dealers)

Overall rating: 8.36/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: This gem has a fantastic scent. . It's quite curious that its lowest rating is the "Price" feature. Without this feature rating, the overall mark would be a astounding 8.70 - quite high for such a specific strong scent.
I recommend it!
If it's to strong for you, try the EDT version or the Velvet Orchid flanker.

A mysterious dark lady
Heaven, I'm in heaven. And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak... Seriously, this is awesome. I was expecting something more masculine (I bought it as a blind buy - I love the thrill of it, and very rarely do I get disappointed based on the reviews here.) And this lady, yes, I know, it supposed to fit as a unisex fragrance, I read it, but this lady is pure, dark, mysterious femininity of the finest grade. Her sister Velvet Orchid is one of my favorites as well. When it comes to Black Orchid and Velvet Orchid, for me this is almost a tie with the scale just tipping slightly in favor for Velvet Orchid. We should have a top 10 list, there are just way too many fragrances I absolutely adore. Black Orchid is one of them that belongs into my top 10 list

Emorandeira 150 days ago
An unisex floral bomb with a creamy, dark and sweet touch of chocolate and black truffle over a Woody and vanilla background. Wonderful!
Trucklady 7 months ago
BO, I tried, darling, I did. We just don't get along. You dislike me as much as I dislike you. Nothing personal. Truce?
JoaoMartins 15 months ago
Still one of the most opulent perfumes ever.+3
6.0
Pio 16 months ago
Now, this is an intriguing fragrance. For both mature and self-assured women and men.+2
Carlitos01 21 months ago
This is a man's perfume or at most it is unisex.
It is too masculine to be considered a feminine scent only.
Its scent is just divine.+4
Hajuvana 3 years ago
Wait... an aquatic floral gourmand? Congrats on the worst idea ever. The fragrance is great fun, though ...and approximating wearable.

by Smitty
by Smitty
by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
by HsChen
by HsChen
Ich hab Ihn reingelassen:-)
by Parfummaster
by Iris983
by Eloise
by Eloise

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford Italian Cypress by Tom Ford