Black Orchid (2006)Eau de Parfum

Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2006. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

David Apel

Top Notes Top NotesBlack truffle, Bergamot, Blackcurrant, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack orchid, Lotus wood, Floral notes, Fruity notes
Base Notes Base NotesBalsam, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.07.2020.

A dark aura
Tom Ford - Black orchid edp.

The fragrance takes time to get used to the brave person who dares to apply this liquid. The fragrance begins to be penetrating, deterrent and heavy. One could think that it is a test of what one is made of, to experience the ingenious unfolding at the end.

After the second hour, I find the scent pleasant. The penetrance disappears, the deterrence vanishes and it is as if a dark aura flows around you. Sexy, mysterious and somehow indescribable what I perceive. This is my first comment and I'm not yet fully trained about scents, but it smells pleasantly heavy and not overwhelming.

I haven't dared to put it on outside except once when I was shopping. Behind me a man was staring at me and I didn't know if he wanted to know what I was wearing or how penetrating the scent was.

Anyway, I am happy about the scent and hope to have the courage to wear it on a date soon.
twisted
bin
in (d)a head note... slips!
lost, confused, puzzled

have
in (m)a heart note... lost!
fermented, spoiled, destructive

are
in (our) base... enchanted!
...is bequeathed to us... damn it!

different!
forget it!

Exclusively for winter nights
Black Orchid is simply powerful, like a witch's love potion. We are talking here
by the witches of Eastwick-level. Even Jeremy wouldn't use more than 2 sprays (or would he?)

It's thick, lush and Gothic. It's the kind of perfume the bosses of Dark Souls wear when they go to an awards ceremony. It automatically gives you an HP boost.

At the beginning of LOTR, when Sauron is about to fight the Last Alliance of Men, he probably wore this perfume.

Michael Jackson, Prince, Lenny Kravitz, Andre 3000, Dennis Rodman and Meta World Peace can rock the EdP version anywhere and anytime with consummate ease (the first two may not be anymore). Summer and winter. It doesn't matter.

Mortals will have to use this potent concoction with caution. For winter nights only.
Ixtlol Xochitl
It was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. There it was in all its gloomy glory. My work. Would it stand up to him? Many men had died because of her, would I be next? Sweat ran down my face, shimmering green flies sat on my mouth, I had no strength to chase them away. The turquoise pond glowed ominously under the giant trees of the palace garden. Too often I had to watch how the water surface curled and turned blood red until the water spirits had finished their deadly work.

The ruler sat motionless and covered with jewels on his throne. His face resembled a mask. Ruler of life and death. With my watchful eyes I perceived the numbing scent of the black orchid. Its scent mingled with the scent of the luxuriant blossoms of the palace garden, the sweaty smell of the courtiers, the scent of chocolatl, which the emperor loved above all else, and the wisp of incense from the nearby temple pyramid, mixed with the sweet smell of decay. The cries of the martyred burned in my soul.

At last a smile spread over the face of the ruler. A sigh went through the crowd.

Ixtlol Xochitl, the black flower, was worth a kingdom.
A typical Tom Ford
Black Orchid is a typical Tom Ford fragrance. Either you hate it or you love it. This is also true for this one, because from all sides it will not rain compliments. But you can also be sure that there will be people who love this smell and you certainly won't smell like everybody else.
I discovered Black Orchid at the airport. Since I wanted to spray something new on the spot, I rummaged around for a long time. Many things smelled good, but nothing remained in my memory until I had Black Orchid in my nose. Wow, what a beast. Extremely strong and completely different from anything I've ever tested. Without knowing that it was apparently mainly a women's scent (meanwhile it is marketed as unisex) I sprayed myself once.
And what can I say?! Even late in the evening I still heard a strong smell and was somehow fascinated by the composition.

Flacon/Packaging:
Also here typically Tom Ford everything in best quality. Even if I personally like the flats of the Privative better, everything is very well thought out and makes a luxurious impression.

The smell:
Very dominant, heavy and flowery. As a man you need a strong self-confidence to wear it, because not everybody will like it and often it will be a nuisance. But with "Uniqueness", an extraordinary durability and a strong Sillage this creation scores extremely well with me.

Conclusion:
A fragrance that does justice to its price and high-quality ingredients, a long shelf life and an unusual fragrance composition.
Besides many compliments, you should be aware that this is a love/hate fragrance that can be very intrusive and not everyone will like it. I see Black Orchid more as a men's fragrance (I don't think it's really sexy for women), although it's more for men with a strong personality TF times to test I can recommend by the way only everyone who loves fragrances :)
A date with Morticia Adams
Wow, what a smell.
An artificial creation, since there are no black orchids. But if there were... they would smell exactly the same!
At first I had the usual difficulties to get past the lady in the shop, because the orchid was clearly on the shelf for women's fragrances - and we guys are not allowed there ;)

But since the male fan community on the Internet was so enthusiastic, I did not let myself be put off.
At the first pull of this wonderful plant, I was already addicted to it.

It begins with an incredible freshness - I'm guessing bergamot. But there is something heavy/morbid that resonates. Just a little Morticia :) Without being able to locate it exactly, I bet on the truffle as the culprit.

Be warned! Lower your headlines before you go out in public. I had two empty seats next to me in a waiting room in no time. The smell can be stomach aggravating. And despite the label "Frauenduft" the ladies seem to be rather split/susceptible to make their seats free :P

The heaviness then gradually subsides and I smell the orchid - fresh, pure, sensually beguiling. I could nibble my heartstrings... that smell... i'm standing in a gloomy flower shop waiting for the Venus trap to close
The heart notes are still fresh, but are losing intensity. The morbid/heavy background noise is also softer. Again and again the freshness of the ass idea pops up and my whole attention goes into this scent eruption. This is exactly what a perfume is supposed to do to you. Thanks!
The base notes still carry a good part of the orchid with them. Especially the freshness remains a companion. But increasingly the pleasant vanilla also comes to the fore. The patchouli mix partly reminds me of dark chocolate. But that is only an association of mine. There is nothing gourmanding in the florist's shop here!
Balsamic, yes... dark, masculine... still chewable. I find myself sniffing the crook of my arm again and again... i'm lying in Morticia's arms
And this durability... Even the next day, this pleasant balm smells on my skin. The clothes also have a good portion of scent to give off - and have even more of the freshness of the orchid than I do. The scent is high quality and you can smell it for 10+ hours
The silage is also very extensive. At the opening I would estimate that there are two arm lengths in it and you leave a trail behind. After about 30 - 45 min this will settle down a bit. The orchid is certainly not a silent treader, but it doesn't fill a concert hall either. The basic notes start to show Dominaz from 5-6h on. You can easily be there with 0,5 - 1 arm length and your shirt has been assimilated. Black tendrils everywhere...

The bottle is not quite my favourite design. But I can only give positive reports. The grooves give a nice tactile effect. The bottle can be lifted by the cap. The pestle is top. The scent comes out of the bottle in a fine and neat amount. The only silly thing is that it is difficult to measure the level thanks to the black tint. So I have to hold the vessel against the room lamp from time to time to see how much is left.

In principle, I can imagine wearing them all year round. Due to collateral damage, I would probably rule out summer, early morning commuting and work. The scent is very sensual to me. So wear it even if you can be yourself :)
Helmut and Rosa
After work Helmut goes straight home immediately and straight home, always, every day! He unlocks the front door and goes straight into her room. There she sits in the high armchair and smiles at him. She is already waiting impatiently for him to come. For him this is the highlight of the day. The greeting is a tender kiss, a fleeting caress and a catching of her friendly look as well as a breath of her fabulous scent. She smells so wonderful. He often sits down right next to her and tells her about his day. Sometimes he nods away for a moment or gets a beer and enjoys the quiet, relaxed time of the evening.

His first wife had died after a long and difficult illness, as it is commonly said. But how difficult it was, he alone knew. For a long time Helmut had struggled with himself and life, he couldn't get into step, was listless and let himself go. He was no longer a beautiful sight and refused the help offered. Then he got to know Rosa and everything changed
The two have been together for almost a year now. They have had their dinner together at the dining table, as they always do, and are now sitting unanimously on the sofa. The TV is on in the background. She has thrown a wide, fluffy bowl over it and underneath, as usual, she is wearing the short, lace-covered "Little Black One".

This "little black girl" he bought her. He was very embarrassed about it at that time and to ease the unpleasant situation in the shop, he asked the shop assistant for a suitable perfume. She seemed to have just been waiting for it and quickly brought a small black bottle with a golden ribbon and the smiling, as he thought, smug assurance that that one was just right. She was not mistaken!
Today pink, the black festive dress and black orchid are one. It smells of your sweet-fairy fruit, woody-hay floral and musty-flowery moss. He can smell a fleshy body, as well as the black, already somewhat spotted little dress and very clearly lustful sweat, although she never sweats. Also sweet-berry juice, velvety wood and a strong flower. The notes that can be described as dark, creamy-earthy, rotten, damp-musty and musty are the aromas that form the sinful background for making the fragrance appear so passionate, mysterious and physical.

Helmut doesn't really know all this in such detail, but from the first spray he found the dense and dark fragrance very attractive and on his pink the smell became more and more beautiful and enchanting. As if the perfume and pink had merged, alive, quivering and he is a part of it. This makes him very happy. Black Orchid is applied almost every evening before going to bed, Saturday and Sunday also in the morning and often a splash more.

Helmut and Rosa are almost always together. Except for the time he spends at work, both live their togetherness. They eat and drink together, watch TV and are there for each other. Above all, however, they sleep together and with each other. Rosa is a quiet person, she doesn't talk and she can't cook either. Nevertheless, he considers her as his confidante, his dear wife
Today his children visit him for coffee. They are already grown up and come to see how the "old man" is doing. These meetings are always nice hours and he is looking forward to them. Gently he grabs pink around his hips and puts it carefully in the big wardrobe, far behind his suits. He would never come up with the perverse idea of just letting the air out!

Thank you for stopping by in a strange but imaginable world!
SoAnna
When unexpected visitors are at the door
We spread a lot of cucumbers all over the parquet floor and rubbed them in, but suddenly the doorbell rings - no time to clean up! What do we do? We sprinkle old cocoa powder over it so that the guests don't notice it so much...
On the test strip nice and woody chocolaty. Unfortunately a very gurky smell developed on my skin.
I find him very unisex, if not more of a man's man. So I gave it to my husband
1.5
Finchen1976
In the morning, half past seven in Germany
How do you get to perfume yourself at exactly 7.15 a.m. on a Sunday morning without having to work? Exactly, when the man has to go and you yourself are registered here on Parfumo. My huge test-box was waiting for me after the color had to work in my hair.

Black Orchid... mm, shall I? Shouldn't I? Oh, what is this miserliness? I'll have to take a chance sometime
Really just a labor sprayer on the arm... WTF...?! Before the first coffee... how could I? What was going on in my arm I could hardly put into words, something withered, stinging. I seldom have the urge to do the dishes, but here I just stood in the middle of the hall, frozen in disgust and shock, not believing my nose.
Oh, God, what am I gonna do?!
And as I waited there like that (rigid, with my cup of coffee in my hand), everything softened, changed. Deadly brave I sniffed again. It smells really slightly sweetish, together with the woody notes it gives something rotten and musty in my memory, but not unpleasant, it remains woody and tart, it doesn't really rot either, it smells like... in the middle of the mossy undergrowth, right! Irish moss? :-) With some wet moss flowers? But also a bit musty, especially on my shirt jacket sweet-musty.
Absolutely not mine.
Durability exorbitantly impressive - even after showering AND applying (!) cream I still smell it on the skin!

I will be 44 years old, I am certainly not too young for such a little water. But tastes are different. In my life I would not have declared it a women's fragrance, not even unisex, but definitely male.

PS: My coffee almost came out of my nose and ears when I - having a sip in my mouth - saw that 745 perfume users have this scent!? O_o I would like to smell all of you, because with this fragrance I firmly believe that it has a mega-beautiful effect on somebody somewhere!

Casimir
Crass - different than expected!
After what felt like eternities I dared to finally rummage out Black Orchid for a test today. The opinions of the community are so polarizing, love or hate, that I always had the fear of hanging under the tap after 5 minutes of wildly scrubbing and walking around the rest of the day with nausea. Sorry I expected the ultimate olfactory lashing, musty entwining lianas that pull you into the dark swamp of decay.
But no way, rarely have expectation and real sensation drifted apart so sharply as with this fragrance. So blatant that I immediately sat down at the PC to comment while the commotion is still fresh.
First of all: I can't find much of the above scent pyramid. To cut a long story short, for me it smells like a touch of honeydew melon with overripe mango (both very subtle, not penetrating), bedded on warm and sensual balsamic vanilla.
I'm sure there's a lot more to it, as the fragrance seems very complex and finely balanced, but I can't locate the rest. No trace of truffles for me far and wide.
And - for me definitely a feminine fragrance. In the course of time the fruity becomes sweeter, even has a hint of coconut, that would be the component that could annoy me...
Maybe I experience the scent as not so extreme and powerful, because I have a tendency to heavy oriental scents anyway, so I can already imagine that - if you like it light and airy - you are not really enthusiastic about the scent

Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 62 days ago
Powerful, mysterious, sexy. People will notice when you wear this fragrance. It is THAT good and THAT powerful. Stays until the next morning
TaberneroTabernero 81 days ago
The name perfectly defines the aroma. long lasting and a more feminine than masculine scent
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 12 months ago
An unisex floral bomb with a creamy, dark and sweet touch of chocolate and black truffle over a Woody and vanilla background. Wonderful!
TruckladyTrucklady 14 months ago
BO, I tried, darling, I did. We just don't get along. You dislike me as much as I dislike you. Nothing personal. Truce?
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 22 months ago
Still one of the most opulent perfumes ever.
PioPio 23 months ago
Now, this is an intriguing fragrance. For both mature and self-assured women and men.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is a man's perfume or at most it is unisex.
It is too masculine to be considered a feminine scent only.
Its scent is just divine.
HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
Wait... an aquatic floral gourmand? Congrats on the worst idea ever. The fragrance is great fun, though ...and approximating wearable.

by Smitty
by Smitty
by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
by Dovlicaaa
by Dovlicaaa
by Scarletrose
Dunkle Blüten und tiefe Vanille - surrend anziehend und außergewöhnlich.
by Voula
by Bajro96
by Bajro96
by HsChen
by HsChen
Ich hab Ihn reingelassen:-)
Für Fresh21 ;)
by OlenkaSnake
by OlenkaSnake
by Lidahriga
by Lidahriga
drowning in the sweet nectar from deep within your black orchid petals, I'm a drunk hummingbird high on your sexual cocaine, spin me up in a web of lies and deceit, I'm happy to be eaten up alive.
by Autunno
by Iris983
by Eloise
by Eloise

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Body Spray) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford