Black Orchid Voile de Fleur 2008

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur by Tom Ford
Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot BlackcurrantBlackcurrant Black truffleBlack truffle Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia HoneysuckleHoneysuckle LilyLily Lotus woodLotus wood Black orchidBlack orchid Black plumBlack plum Black pepperBlack pepper
Base Notes Base NotesBalsamBalsam Fruity notesFruity notes PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla MilkMilk CinnamonCinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.05.2021.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
... have or have not...
This fragrance is just indescribably different for me.... I'll try to put it into words a little.... When first spraying a sensual pepper smell comes to the nose, but after a few minutes, it combines with your own body scent and it creates a wonderful, heavenly scent, which is as mentioned at the beginning, indescribable.... I like to wear this fragrance when I am out in the evening and have been asked about it many times.... The scent lasts very long, so that at times two sprays are completely sufficient. Therefore, I find that the price-performance ratio is perfectly fine

A nightmare when mixed with my chemistry
I really didn't like the original Black Orchid with its somewhat putrid smelling fruit accords and loud chocolate notes. Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is much softer and more wearable on my skin, provided that you don't apply too much.

The strange fruity accords found in the original are also present in this fragrance, which is kind of off-putting. They actually smell sharp and metallic when blended with my chemistry.

In the opening I sense a subtle hint of milk and cinnamon alongside the rich and dark plum accords which is very pleasant to my nose, however the heart washes out this softness bringing forth those fruity notes that I so detest.

Thankfully the heart is relatively short-lived, which makes way for a soft, delicate and sugary blend of gardenia, milk, cinnamon, lily and plum. I like Black Orchid Voile de Fleur's softer side, but I'm not so keen on its sharp and peppery fruitiness.

I enthusiastically applaud this fragrance's unique approach, but I can't seem to mourn its disappearance from our shelves. Occasionally this fragrance makes me nauseous, particularly if I'm not feeling the best to start with.

I sometimes wonder whether I would enjoy this fragrance more if all of the fruit notes were removed. But I came to the conclusion that Black Orchid Voile de Fleur would lose a lot of its boldness and complexity. While it's not my cup of tea, I will certainly be passing on my sample to someone who I'm sure will appreciate it.

Big White Flowers Dusted With Darkness
Black Orchid Voile de Fleur edt wears like pure perfume: very strong, very insistent, with big sillage and a seriously commanding presence. This composition seems extremely feminine to me, and the huge bouquet of white flowers--especially gardenia, but also tuberose--would be enough to knock some people out, I am sure.

I, however, love this intoxicating potion, which exudes quality and richness. It's difficult to convey the distinction between a perfume such as this and those evidently sourced from the vast vats of low-brow juice factories, but it's absolutely palpable. The composition is itself excellent, but there is another factor which makes this perfume what it is. The house of Tom Ford appears to use much better basic ingredients, and as a result it feels and wears very differently from most designer perfumes.

Although Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is indisputably a big white floral fragrance, it is much more than that, and achieves its oriental quality from the patchouli and spices, in addition to the mysterious "noir" accord. The abundant white flowers have been thus dusted with darkness, but it is only a screen: the white flowers are still there in all of their splendor, and they really do dominate this perfume.

Thatsmr2usir
Another beauty that is no longer with us.
Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is a strange, yet interesting fragrance that at first sniff was very sharp & floral.. I recently wore this to my brothers wedding & let me tell you... THIS STUFF LAST FOR AGES!!!!! I put this on & my mother claims that she could smell this before I came down stairs... IT WAS THAT STRONG! However, the scent is rather a creative masterpiece from Mr. Tom Ford! I really dont like it for the first 30-45 minutes, but I tolerate it, then the worst note of this frag appears.. That awful rotten mushroom smell which I just find simply dreadful... Thank goodness it does not last long & the best part kicks in which is the base! SIMPLY MARVELOUS! When I took my rental tux back the next day, the lady who opened the bag to make sure everything was there she said MY U WORE SOMETHING THAT SMELLS JUST GREAT! WHAT IS IT???? Mind you I did not spray any on the tux. I grinned & said Black Orchid! She smiled back & said I'll have to give that a go!

Images

6 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather Parfum by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Black Orchid Parfum by Tom Ford