Costa Azzurra 2014Eau de Parfum

Costa Azzurra (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Costa Azzurra (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Yann Vasnier

Top Notes Top NotesKelp, Driftwood, Oud, Ambrette seed, Celery seed, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesMugwort, Juniper berry, Myrtle, Basil, French lavender, Lemon, Mandarin orange
Base Notes Base NotesCitrus notes, Mastic, Frankincense, Vetiver, Vanilla

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 15.01.2021.

DonCaruso
Incense kisses the Caribbean Sea...
Tom Ford is a guarantor for noble, mature fragrances in the luxury price segment. Also "Costa Azzurra" confirms this rule.
Definitely unisex, whereby several ladies, according to their own questioning, would prefer this one on a man.

Word about the fragrance:
My chosen title already reveals that there is something aquatic and smoky behind the aura of this fragrance. However, there is also a noticeable citrus fruit mix, which provides a very unobtrusive, fresh touch. A delicate lavender note is also worth mentioning. In my opinion an excellent "holiday fragrance" and only wearable in summer. Both during the day and in the evening. 8.5/10

Shelf life:
Unfortunately I could only fix a moderate durability on me and as I see, I am not alone with this deficiency. In these price regions there must be simply more in it. 6/10

Sillage:
With such a scent I expect a rather reserved, soft Sillage and none that hits the hammer on the coffin nail. Tom Ford has succeeded in this to a large extent. 8/10

Flacon:
Extravagant, stylish and aesthetic at the same time. Like all Private Blend flacons, an unbeatable 10/10.

Conclusion:
Up to now, I have worn it exclusively at the Côte d'Azur (in the city, on the yacht, at the promenade etc.), for this climate, it was perfectly suitable. As mentioned, it is a classic scent for holidays and beach. This Tom Ford knows how to convince in his field. However, the durability disturbs me enormously, so he will probably not move in again in 2021. The competition is too tempting for that.
Sea, beach, vacation ..
Oh, so I've really gotten to Tom Ford yet? :)

First of all, this was a pure blind purchase and I have oriented myself by the fragrances and have watched various YouTube videos (English) and have paid me at Amazon (Amazon direct) for 30ml 102 € and think that this is a fair price for the brand and for the quantity
When I read through the fragrances again and it finally arrived today, I applied it this morning at 10:30 am and can unfortunately confirm that it lasts about 4-5 hours (it is slowly weakening).

If I had to describe this fragrance, I would immediately think of the island of KRETA, KRETA has littered streets, but clean beaches and super cool hotels, and somehow I feel like I'm back in the time of my KRETA vacation, with a nice warm and cool breeze, say around 27 degrees and lying by the pool.

Of course there are clearly cheaper alternatives such as DOLCE & GABANNA LIGHT BLUE or BVLGARI AQUA but I have heard and read a lot about Tom Ford that I wanted to get one of the coveted fragrances in my house one day
Thanks for reading through :)
Fresh - Woody - Aquatic and then Sea/More
In the test order I worked my way from the back to the front at the Costa Azzurra. Because I first tested the later published Costa Azzurra Acqua and now I have taken this one. This is not only due to the fact that the Costa Azzurra Acqua appeared only this year and was thus faster in the field of vision. It must also have been because I relied on the descriptions when I bought the Acqua and felt addressed - there is a blind purchase of the cheap Acqua clearly more bearable with not liked than with the normal EdP.
As with many fragrances of the Fresh series from the Private Blend Collection, the CA was often said not to reflect the price of the corresponding quality. Well, you can argue about that for sure. Nevertheless, the quality of this fragrance for me is on a good level, a level that convinces me, both in terms of fragrance DNA, as well as the shelf life of this aquatic. Because the Acqua had already surprised me a bit in terms of durability. On my two test days this had already delivered with 5 hours durability and 7 hours "up close" for an aquatic a decent performance.
The fragrance is an Aquat, which gets along without this often typical shower gel note. He manages to convince rather by a fresh woody note, which is surrounded by a certain saltiness (sea note). In addition there is a light citric note, which gives the freshness some depth. This figuratively spoken piece of driftwood on the open sea is completely rounded off by a resinous smoky environment.

I personally don't think it's quite clear that this fragrance drops off from the Mandarino di Amalfi. If I only examine the tolerability in summer, I find the Costa Azzurra much more pleasant and suitable for the masses. The soapiness of the Mandarino di Amalfi is a note that is not revealed to me as a fragrance. For example, if you like the Invictus Aqua 2018, you should try it here or go to the Costa Azzurra Acqua. Because here you could find a new fragrance for your collection, because this one also offers an interesting fragrance pyramid and refines everything a bit.
I am convinced both as a friend of Tom Ford Fragrances and as a critic of the Mandarino di Amalfi.
Am I here yet?
My nutshell is bobbing gently with the waves. From the coast, voices float over, quietly, pervaded by the sound of the sea. I look at the sky, then back to the horizon, then back to the sky. Hmmm, all these shades in blue. The clouds seem to form something, I almost see it, but it does not condense, it flees into the wind. The coast is close. Is that her? Am I sure? I was just thinking about something else, but where... Sun, are you rising or are you already sinking below the horizon? It seems to occupy me, my dreams are faster than the world, just to circumnavigate it. A fishing boat could have just passed me, it didn't take any notice of me. The bobbing makes me sleepy, but the sun still has power. My eyes are closed, I feel the warmth. It must be evening, that evening blue. But there's this orange that keeps shimmering through, I look, it's gone. The water cools down, my nose feels the mild wind. If only I could stretch it a little higher... Which coast am I on? Am I still stuck in the sand with my nutshell? Is it me, AugustO, who has been teetering all this time?

IondeIonde 3 months ago
Complicated but extremely well blended, Kelp works surprisingly well. Performance is lacking , be prepared to spray more to enjoy it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
Smells cheap!
PioPio 2 years ago
Costa Azzura is a lovely summer scent. A true mediterranean beauty. Similar to other Acqua di Parma's blue line fragrances.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Quite pleasant Mediterranean summer scent, has been done before and better by others. Prefer Bois 1920 Oltremare in this division.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Aquatic salty freshness in the interplay with spicy-woody notes which give the fragrance pleasant (even slightly warm) depth.

Für Fresh/schräg Costa Azzurra...zu Corona mal im Handwaschbecken und nicht in Italien
by Graybeard
by WitweBolte
by Noctilux
by Noctilux

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford